comparing two columns? #2

I have two columns of phone numbers, one is column C and one is column D. I
would like to take the numbers in column D and match them to the numbers in
column C, removing the numbers that dont match. Can anyone help?
0
forum1 (79)

Hi Steve

Chip Pearson has a great page on working with duplicates ...
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm

have a look down the bottom of the page for comparing lists

--
Cheers
JulieD
"steve g via OfficeKB.com" <forum@nospam.OfficeKB.com> wrote in message
>I have two columns of phone numbers, one is column C and one is column D. I
> would like to take the numbers in column D and match them to the numbers
> in
> column C, removing the numbers that dont match. Can anyone help?

0
JulieD1 (2295)

compare
Hello everyone, I have been reading this group for a while, however I am quite a rookie in using of excel. I would appreciate if someone could help with this issue. I quite often have to compare two sheets (from different workbooks-files, but with the same sheet name). Calculations are thus updated time by time and I need to check where were the main differences. Cells contain both values and formulas. I have found through this newsgroup nice add-ins of Myrna Larson and Bill Manville, and Rob Bruce. However I would need the macros to highlight only significant differences (let's say fro...

UnHide Columns in Excel 2002
In Office XP in Excel I can not select two columns it automatically expands the selection to include the Merged Row above it which includes all the columns below - not just the two I selected. When I select just two cells the right click does not include the option to "Unhide" or "Hide". I have to go to the format menu, select column and select "Unhide" or "Hide". Is there a way to select columns without including the merged rows within the spreadsheet? Is there a shortcut to "Hide" or "UnHide" with a right click or keyboar...

handle #2
Hi, How should i get the handle of the print dialog that comes up when i print a file using ShellExecutEx()...? "gshetty" <gshetty85@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1193068049.692260.78380@q3g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > How should i get the handle of the print dialog that comes up when i > print a file using ShellExecutEx()...? > There's no straightforward way to get it, but this is a reasonable hack: Use Active Accessibility (SetWinEventHook) to be notified of new window creations, and identify the print dialog with either the classname or...

How to make two codes "Worksheet_Change" work together in same sheet code page
Friends, Please, anybody knows how to make these two VB codes work together? When I put them together in the same "sheet code page" in VBA, th second one doesn't work. Why? *** Code 1 *** Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) * * On Error GoTo QuitCode * * If Intersect(Target, Range("c1:c15")) Is Nothing Then * * * * Exit Sub * * ElseIf Target.Value <>*"" And Target.Offset(0, -1).Value = "" Then * * * * MsgBox "You haven't typed the name of the client yet." * * * * Target.Offset(0, -1).Activate End If QuitCode: ...

Pivot Chart #2
Hi. I have Excel 97 at work. I have a Pivot Table. I want to make charts for items that their grand total is more than 100, between 10 and hundred and less than hundred. So everytime the pivot table is updated the charts will update themselves. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Two Email Accounts not able to reply out of one of them
Hello All, I was wondering if someone here has ran into this problem. I currently have two email accounts setup in Exchange I can receive email in both of these accounts and view the email in Outlook 2003. In my default account if I receive an email I can reply back. But in my secondary mailbox if I receive an email I cannot reply back I get a error message which is listed below. On the secondary account I have added my username under permissions and gave it full access but I am still getting the below error. Anything will help thanks. Your message did not reach some or all of the inten...

multiple emails #2
recently whenever i send an email to someone, they receive at least 2 copies of it, sometimes 3, i just noticed that when i am sending, the in process shows 2 processes for each email that i send. anybody got any ideas. ...

Comparing
I have two columns of numbers column A could be up to 3500 rows. Column B may be more or less than 3500 rows. What I'm trying to do is see if any number in columns "B" appears anywhere in Column "A", and if so we can just highlight it in both columns. Actually I would want to be able to sort by highlighted. so maybe add someway to sort by matched or unmatched. I hope this makes sense. In column C put... =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP($A1,$B:$B,1,FALSE)),"Not in B","In B") In column D put... =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP($B1,$A:$A,1,FALSE)),"Not in ...

Two databases or one
Hi, What if you have two organizations and you plan to design a database to do the same task but within that task, the defined tables will vary because of unique qualities related to the individual organization. Would it be best to create separate databases for each organization or keep the two organizations together? Anyone know the guidelines related to this? Thanks for any feedback. Ask yourself this - How often will you need the combined data? -- Build a little, test a little. "AccessKay" wrote: > Hi, > > What if you have two o...

Command Button #2
How do I create a command button in a worksheet and assign a command t it using the control box tools, e.g., to sort a list of figures in sheet? Thank you, vija -- vijay2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- vijay22's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3411 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=53885 The macro recorder is your friend. Just use tools>macros>record when you do your sort manually. Then, assign to a button or a shape. I do not recommend command buttons. -- Don...

CRM 4.0 BUG #2
Hi, CRM 4.0 open's a window "Blank" in each record or opening spot and asks me if I want to open or save the file? Has anybody knowledge of this bug? Best regards Bernard Hi, I had similiar issue when FireFox was installed and set as default browser on the client computer. Try setting default browser to IE, restart Outlook and try again. Hope this helps, Jevgenij <info@alsaceformation.fr> wrote in message news:ef56f981-542f-4c5a-8f35-58b4ed1fe6b9@56g2000hsm.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > CRM 4.0 open's a window "Blank" in each record or > op...

How do I insert the degree symbol in a column of numbers?
I have a column of numbers on the format ddmm.mmm and would like to insert a degree symbol after the dd. I can do it one cell at a time. Can I do the whole column at once somehow? Try this, JKB: http://www.officearticles.com/misc/symbols_and_characters_in_microsoft_office.htm ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "JKB" <JKB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AF3C8E29-68E2-47E1-8889-69070B1B4D62@microsoft.com... > I have a column of numbers on the format ddmm.mmm and would like to insert a > degree symbol after th...

how to create formula to divide two rows autoaatically
Is there any way to setup a sheet or create a formula so that it will divide the data in column A by Column B anytime the data is entered and put it into columnC ? What I am trying to do is create a spreadsheet for calculating fuel MPG. So I have columns as miles, gallons and the calculation as MPG. What I want to do is anytime a value is entered into miles and gallons, to calculate mpg and put it into that respective cell. Is there any way I can do this ? Thanks -- Tony Tony, in Column C, type the formula =sum(a1/b1). This should give you the result you are looking for. Hop...

Removing Delegates #2
I'm trying to remove a delegate from Outlook 2003 and I get this "The delegate settings were not saved correctly. Unable to active send-on-behalf-of list. You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object." I have checked and no one has a permission to send-on-behalf-of list. Please help I have seen this happen when the GC (Global Catalog) server is not writable by you. This may not mean much to you, but it will to your Exchange Admin. Your Admin can either, point your system to a writable GC and/or Remove the hidden delegates using the Excha...

help with formula #2
Here is the answer of my question sent to Google on 2003- 07-15 00:41:33 PST : """ Tim wrote in message: > > I've got a workbook with many worksheets on it(about 60). On 2 columns > on a sheet in this workbook i have data and i need to export this data > to particular cells in other worksheets. For example on columns A1:A20 > and B1:B20 on a worksheet is my data and I want to export the contents > of cells A1B1 to cells A1B1 in worksheet1 then data from A2B2 to cells > A2B2 in worksheet2 and so on. > What is the easiest way to do this job? > ...

Beginer
hell friends, i got rid of earlier problem but i am facing one more new problem. Problem : How to disable the default buttons present in the tab dialog. i am attaching the code below. Can one tell me what mistake i have done? CTab1 tab1; CTab2 tab2; sheet.AddPage(&tab1); sheet.AddPage(&tab2); sheet.m_psh.dwFlags &= ~(PSH_HASHELP); //trying to disable help button sheet.DoModal(); i have searched in google and in msdn about this problem but i could not able to find the solution. please help Thank you in advance Murthy >How to disable the default buttons present i...

2 workbooks
I have got 2 workbooks with a list of names. I need to find out if a name appears in both books. One of the workbooks came from a different source and the other one is a report I ran from our database. I need to find out whether the workbook from out of the company has got any of our own names on it. I am using Microsoft Excel 97 and am fairly new at this so please be gentle. One way I did think was to combine the two workbooks into one and find the duplicates but thought there may be another way. Thank you. Hi "queen on", Assume that In book1 the names are in column A, s...

Transaction Logs #2
Hi everyone, I've installed Exchange 2003 in my environment.and now there are a lot of E00XXXXX.log files filling up my hard disk. I've read and heard that after a fully backup those files would be erased, but it does not happen. Do I need to configure something? Tks in advance, Marco Please detail how you are performing a full backup. In order to purge the log files, you need to be performing an Exchange-aware full online backup (Exchange services still running). NTBackup on the Exchange server is Exchange-aware. 3rd party products such as BackupExec are only ...

Compare two files and update data from another file base on words in a cell separated by commas
I have two file with several colomns. I need to compare two Col B fileA Col B of FileB as shown in example. http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AgUVfFOnkiaKdFBiNDFLamcybXdhW... Each col have about 1000 rows. Each row contains thousands of words and phrases separated by Comma. As you can see from example, my data has soo many words and phrases separated by comma in each row of two colomn A and B. ============== i Need to merge data of corresponding row from COLA$FileB TO corresponding row of COLA$FileB Also merge data of corresponding row from COLB$FileB TO correspondin...

CFileDialog customization #2
I have my own class I have derived from CFileDialog and I want to filter the "Look In" combo box so it only contains the folders I want the user to be able to navigate to. I can easily gain access to the CComboBox but I'm having difficulties filtering the contents. I can't really go from the text of the item, because I really need the full path. There is a trick with the list control of the file dialog in that each item display has its PIDL stored in the lParam of the list item. I was hoping there would be a similar trick to the items in the combobox. I can do a GetItemD...

how to summerise values from specific columns
Hi, I have tried to find the right formulah, but failed. I have three column Amount A Amount B Amount C 30 10 20 34 and a fourth column where I have to fill in % that applies to all values A-C in the row. 12% 45% How to make a formula in a cell that summerise all amount A's * the respective % For example: 30 * 12% + 10 * 45% = Also for two other cells for B and C Bart Vista/excel 2007 try sumproduct() =SUMPRODUCT(A2:A3*D2:D3) HTH Regards Sebation "AA Arens" <bartvandongen@gmail.com> ??????:1189666230....

differences between two tables
I'm trying to find the differences between two tables, A and B. There are some records in A that are not in B, there are some in B that are not in A, and there are some in both but with differences in the fields. I'm not getting everything. Does anyone have any ideas how I can tackle this? Thanks! Use a UNION ALL query. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "denise" wrote: > I'm trying to find the differences between two tables, A and B. There are > some records in A that are not in B, there are some in B that are not in A, > and there are s...

sum #2
Hey! Is there a way to not include subgroups in excel. For example I want to sum up with =sum(p100:p105) but p102 and p103 is subgroups that shouldn't be counted... any ideas? Regards, Daniel Daniel, You can simply do =SUM(P100:P101,P104:P105) or =SUM(P100:P105)-SUM(P102:P103) but that relies on you knowing where subgroups lie. If there is data that identifies them, you could use SUMIF to identify and subtract. -- HTH ------- Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks "Danne" <modig123@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:07...

Freeze tab #2
I have a data base with lots of workbooks in it, the first workbook i my index to the rest. Is it possible to freeze this tab so when scroll through the other workbooks it remain visible -- TKP Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i "TKPM" wrote: > I have a data base with lots of workbooks in it, the first workbook is > my index to the rest. Is it possible to freeze this tab so when I > scroll through the other workbooks it remain visible? Hazarding some thoughts here .. Assuming you're referring to a single workbook with lots of worksheets in it, and the "fir...

Metrics #2
Is it possible to create a customized Metric option to be displayed on the homepage? Yes, it is possible, but requires the use of Microsoft Dexterity. Specifically, you will need to read Part 8, Chapter 36 : Home Pages, Section: Creating Metrics of the Microsoft Dynamics GP Integration Guide provided with Microsoft Dexterity. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Susan" wrote: > Is it possible to create a customized Metric op...