comparing data - find data in 2 columns

I have a list of item codes in column A and a list of item codes i
column F and I need to know which item codes appear in both columns
Can someone please tell me the best way to get a list of the item code
that appear in BOTH of the columns.

Thank

Hi
see
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#ExtractingCommon

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

> I have a list of item codes in column A and a list of item codes in
> column F and I need to know which item codes appear in both columns.
> Can someone please tell me the best way to get a list of the item
> codes that appear in BOTH of the columns.
>
> Thanks
>

> ---
frank.kabel (11126)
5/17/2004 3:08:05 PM
Thank you very much - that worked perfectly

handle #2
Hi, How should i get the handle of the print dialog that comes up when i print a file using ShellExecutEx()...? "gshetty" <gshetty85@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1193068049.692260.78380@q3g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > How should i get the handle of the print dialog that comes up when i > print a file using ShellExecutEx()...? > There's no straightforward way to get it, but this is a reasonable hack: Use Active Accessibility (SetWinEventHook) to be notified of new window creations, and identify the print dialog with either the classname or...

UnHide Columns in Excel 2002
In Office XP in Excel I can not select two columns it automatically expands the selection to include the Merged Row above it which includes all the columns below - not just the two I selected. When I select just two cells the right click does not include the option to "Unhide" or "Hide". I have to go to the format menu, select column and select "Unhide" or "Hide". Is there a way to select columns without including the merged rows within the spreadsheet? Is there a shortcut to "Hide" or "UnHide" with a right click or keyboar...

compare
Hello everyone, I have been reading this group for a while, however I am quite a rookie in using of excel. I would appreciate if someone could help with this issue. I quite often have to compare two sheets (from different workbooks-files, but with the same sheet name). Calculations are thus updated time by time and I need to check where were the main differences. Cells contain both values and formulas. I have found through this newsgroup nice add-ins of Myrna Larson and Bill Manville, and Rob Bruce. However I would need the macros to highlight only significant differences (let's say fro...

Transaction Logs #2
Hi everyone, I've installed Exchange 2003 in my environment.and now there are a lot of E00XXXXX.log files filling up my hard disk. I've read and heard that after a fully backup those files would be erased, but it does not happen. Do I need to configure something? Tks in advance, Marco Please detail how you are performing a full backup. In order to purge the log files, you need to be performing an Exchange-aware full online backup (Exchange services still running). NTBackup on the Exchange server is Exchange-aware. 3rd party products such as BackupExec are only ...

Compare two files and update data from another file base on words in a cell separated by commas
I have two file with several colomns. I need to compare two Col B fileA Col B of FileB as shown in example. http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AgUVfFOnkiaKdFBiNDFLamcybXdhW... Each col have about 1000 rows. Each row contains thousands of words and phrases separated by Comma. As you can see from example, my data has soo many words and phrases separated by comma in each row of two colomn A and B. ============== i Need to merge data of corresponding row from COLA$FileB TO corresponding row of COLA$FileB Also merge data of corresponding row from COLB$FileB TO correspondin...

CFileDialog customization #2
I have my own class I have derived from CFileDialog and I want to filter the "Look In" combo box so it only contains the folders I want the user to be able to navigate to. I can easily gain access to the CComboBox but I'm having difficulties filtering the contents. I can't really go from the text of the item, because I really need the full path. There is a trick with the list control of the file dialog in that each item display has its PIDL stored in the lParam of the list item. I was hoping there would be a similar trick to the items in the combobox. I can do a GetItemD...

Data Markers
Can I change data markers so that it reflects the conditional formatting on that cell? For example if the data in column c is being plotted and the conditional formatting I have on the cells are if column D = "Y" can I have it so that those markers are plotted with a circle marker and the rest with a square marker? Thanks! Hi, Have a look at Jon's page for conditional charts. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html Cheers Andy ivy_gayle wrote: > Can I change data markers so that it reflects the conditional formatting on > that cell? For exampl...

Command Button #2
How do I create a command button in a worksheet and assign a command t it using the control box tools, e.g., to sort a list of figures in sheet? Thank you, vija -- vijay2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- vijay22's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3411 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=53885 The macro recorder is your friend. Just use tools>macros>record when you do your sort manually. Then, assign to a button or a shape. I do not recommend command buttons. -- Don...

Convert Rows data
Hi there, I have the following sample data: PARTNUMBER QTY RATe PRUN VALID_FROM_VALID_TO ZWR1 0.1095 USD 1 20050512 20050526 XREZ12 0.1095 USD 1 20050527 99991231 is it possible to put this data in the following: 20050512 20050526 20050527 99991231 ZWR1 XREZ12 0.1095 0.1095 USD USD 1 1 So basically make the exis...

Comparing
I have two columns of numbers column A could be up to 3500 rows. Column B may be more or less than 3500 rows. What I'm trying to do is see if any number in columns "B" appears anywhere in Column "A", and if so we can just highlight it in both columns. Actually I would want to be able to sort by highlighted. so maybe add someway to sort by matched or unmatched. I hope this makes sense. In column C put... =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP($A1,$B:$B,1,FALSE)),"Not in B","In B") In column D put... =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP($B1,$A:$A,1,FALSE)),"Not in ...

Counting occurances of same data in different fields
I am creating a conference registration program that allows registrants to select up to three events to participate in. Is there an easy way to count the total number of registations for each event that occurs in the three selection fields? On Mar 16, 2:54 pm, Fred Morris <FredMor...@discussions.microsoft.com>wrote:> I am creating a conference registration program that allows registrants to> select up to three events to participate in. Is there an easy way to count> the total number of registations for each event that occurs in the three> selection fields?I gather you hav...

deleting data, keep formulas
I want to delete the data in a worksheet, but keep the formulas so tha I have a worksheet pattern of formulas that I use frequently -- elviejo4 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- elviejo41's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2356 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39389 Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, xlNumbers).ClearContents I don't know how large your spreadsheet is, but you could try changin the setting to display Formulas (Tools>Options | View tab, in th Win...

Data Validation Window?
Excel 2000 ... I do not use Validation much, but usually have no problem. I used COPY/PASTE SPECIAL "Validation" to get Validation into other cells ... Issue is ... the Validation Message Window is now opening way off location from the PASTE TO cells. Above said ... if I select each cell & set Validation ... Validation Window appears ajacent to cell where Validation was set (perfect)... However, when I use COPY/PASTE SPECIAL Validation ... the Window is appearing to stay closer to the COPY FROM cell than the PASTE TO cell. How do I fix this ... other than selecting eac...

Removing Delegates #2
I'm trying to remove a delegate from Outlook 2003 and I get this "The delegate settings were not saved correctly. Unable to active send-on-behalf-of list. You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object." I have checked and no one has a permission to send-on-behalf-of list. Please help I have seen this happen when the GC (Global Catalog) server is not writable by you. This may not mean much to you, but it will to your Exchange Admin. Your Admin can either, point your system to a writable GC and/or Remove the hidden delegates using the Excha...

help with formula #2
Here is the answer of my question sent to Google on 2003- 07-15 00:41:33 PST : """ Tim wrote in message: > > I've got a workbook with many worksheets on it(about 60). On 2 columns > on a sheet in this workbook i have data and i need to export this data > to particular cells in other worksheets. For example on columns A1:A20 > and B1:B20 on a worksheet is my data and I want to export the contents > of cells A1B1 to cells A1B1 in worksheet1 then data from A2B2 to cells > A2B2 in worksheet2 and so on. > What is the easiest way to do this job? > ...

Beginer
hell friends, i got rid of earlier problem but i am facing one more new problem. Problem : How to disable the default buttons present in the tab dialog. i am attaching the code below. Can one tell me what mistake i have done? CTab1 tab1; CTab2 tab2; sheet.AddPage(&tab1); sheet.AddPage(&tab2); sheet.m_psh.dwFlags &= ~(PSH_HASHELP); //trying to disable help button sheet.DoModal(); i have searched in google and in msdn about this problem but i could not able to find the solution. please help Thank you in advance Murthy >How to disable the default buttons present i...

Data Migration Manager Config fails
I'm trying to configure DMM on XP user Admin rights and system admin in CRM. Install went fine. After putting in the url during configuration, I get an error message " Either the user id or business id is not valid or the user or business is not valid." Has anyone encountered this? Have not been able to get past this point. ...

No Data under Reconciliation
Hi All, I am experiencing the strangest of all problems that I have ever come across.We are using GP 8.0. When I attempt to run Financial reconciliation - when I go to Transactions -Financial -Bank Management -Reconciliation and select the ChequeBook id (any for that) I am able to see the : The statement Balance The CashBook Balance The General Ledger Balance But when I click on the Transactions button there is nothing there-No data absolutely nothing. Any ideas guys? -- Noels "The Best thing in life is life" ...

Outlook task #2
I am running Outlook XP Pro and Windows 2000 and I'm wondering is there a way to arraign tasks by categories. Any help would be appreciated. Lawrence <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am running Outlook XP Pro and Windows 2000 and I'm > wondering is there a way to arraign tasks by categories. > Any help would be appreciated. In the TaskPad, click View>By Category -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain. I don't sp...

macro to sum with offset in 2 cell as other cell changed
I need to create macro with this scenario: F - quantity H - 1 serial I - 2 serial For example some cells: H644 =SUM(I643+1) I644 =SUM(I643+F644) So when I put some number in cell F644, sums correctly calculated, then one by one cell as i enter some in F Thank you. is this macro correct for this operation? Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) On Error GoTo ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = False If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("F:F")) Is Nothing Then With Target If .Value <> "" Then ..Offset(0, 2).Value = Cells(Target.Row...

Graff data series
I have a graff for sales. Data series 1 = Budget Data series 2 = Actual I want the value that is shown with data series 2 to be a % of the value of data series 1. ...

event id 1171 e001000002 parameters 9 and 2 internal id 30c0465
6 Exchange servers- one in each of 6 sites- no other Exchange servers at sites. Exchange has SP4, NT 6a- all current patches on. I had to rebuild a box over the weekend. We restored everything, including Exchange. All came up fine but the server refuses to accept any DS changes at the rebuilt site and every 15 minutes I get the following message: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeDS Event Category: Internal Processing Event ID: 1171 Date: 3/6/2001 Time: 9:01:49 AM User: N/A Computer: MINER-OA Description: Exception e0010002 has occurred with parameters 9 and 2 (internal ID 30c04...

>> MAIl
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_025E_01C5B105.01F121A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable >> MAIl - LIST << INTERNATIONAL WORLDWIDE Business MULTI KLICK HERE: >> www.lux-life.de.vu << >> www.job-dich-reich.de.vu << >> www.luxcash.de.vu << >> www.konto-geld.de.vu << ************************************************************* ------=_NextPart_000_025E_01C5B105.01F121A0 Content-Type: te...

Filling in Data
I have several points where I need data. I only have the start and the end values and I want to fill in each of the points between the two. How is that accomplished. Example. Point 1 = 50, Point 10 = 600. I need Points 2-9. 550/9 = the increment to add moving from point 2 to point 9 Jamie wrote: > I have several points where I need data. I only have the start and the end > values and I want to fill in each of the points between the two. How is that > accomplished. > > Example. Point 1 = 50, Point 10 = 600. I need Points 2-9. Hi, Try this and ente...

need Excel formula that figures out which data adds up to total
I have 33 different dollar amounts listed along with their invoice numbers and I need to figure out how many of those amounts add up to a check that I received. For example, I have 33 different rows of numbers in 1 column that add up to 53,545.69. Which rows of numbers add up to that? I received a check for $11,646.54 but do not know which invoices it pays. Is there an Excel formula that can tell me which ones could add up to that total? Thanks for any help, Kerri Google for SOLVER "Kerri" wrote: > I have 33 different dollar amounts listed along with th...