Comparing and Deleting rows

I have two spreadsheets.

One table has these fields:

Computer | Date

The other is like this:

Computer | Last Used

The problem is that the two lists are different, but some computer
exist in both. The first list is a complete list, the second one is
subset of the first.

How do I extract rows that are common into a separate table

Hi
see:
http://cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#ExtractingCommon

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

> I have two spreadsheets.
>
> One table has these fields:
>
> Computer | Date
>

> The other is like this:
>
> Computer | Last Used
>
> The problem is that the two lists are different, but some computers
> exist in both. The first list is a complete list, the second one is a
> subset of the first.
>
> How do I extract rows that are common into a separate table?
>

> ---

frank.kabel (11126)

Delete links #2
Hi, How can i delete a link fron excel sheet? Hi try using 'Edit - Links' "Mohamed" wrote: > Hi, > How can i delete a link fron excel sheet? Convert to values? (Copy|paste special|Values??) But get a copy of Bill Manville's FindLink program: http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm It'll help find those pesky links. Mohamed wrote: > > Hi, > How can i delete a link fron excel sheet? -- Dave Peterson ...

Conditional formatting
Is there a way to use conditional formatting so that if the contents of a single cell changes, then the entire row in that table will change a color. I know it can be applied to the cell, but can it be applied to the entire row? Thanks. Select row 1 as an example. Format>CF>Formula is: =$A$1="OK" Note the $ signs. If you want to copy this to other rows, make it $A1 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 13:28:13 -0700 (PDT), Dave K <fred.sheriff@gmail.com> wrote: >Is there a way to use conditional formatting so that if the contents >of a single cel...

Deleted Items folder has moved
At some point a user has managed to move his Deleted Items folder into his drafts folder. Is there anyway to get this moved back to where it's supposed to be? I've tried running outlook with the /resetfolders switch, but this hasn't helped. Thanks, Alex On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 11:54:45 +0000, Alex wrote: > At some point a user has managed to move his Deleted Items folder into his > drafts folder. Is there anyway to get this moved back to where it's > supposed to be? > > I've tried running outlook with the /resetfolders switch, but this hasn't ...

URGENT : Exchange server delete ZIP files, but filtering disable!!!!
Hi, I'm disappointed... I've a SBS 2003 server with Exchange Server 2003. I've just received an email with a "deleted0.txt" file instead-of a ZIP file. But the email attachment security is disable, and, in the past, ZIP files can be accessible to my users. The SecAttsConfig.xml is set to : <SecAttsConfig> <Enabled>False</Enabled> <SaveToFile Enabled="False" Location="" /> - <UnsafeAttachments> ..... I've change nothing in my config, I've just applyed latest services packs and updates. Where are the other se...

Subform Deleting Problem
I've got a continuos sub form with a recordsource that's listed below. The subform dispays accounts and their passwords, etc. My problem is because I'm using a sql join statement, I can't delete any subform records from the subform. Normally, I would not use a join statement in a subform, but I was forced to do it in order to sort by the user's First and Last name that resides in a related users table (The accounts table has a userID field that links to users table). Given that situation, is there any way to delete records from a continuos subform if the subform has...

Calendar deletion and renaming
Need some help please... Seems I had a problem with the calendar folder in outlook. I have managed to recovery the calendar that I lost but it is named calendar1. Could some one tell me how to delete the "Calendar" folder and then rename the "Calendar1" folder to replace the "Calendar" folder??? Have all my appointments in the "Calendar1" folder and want this now to be the "Calendar" folder.. Cant seen to be able to "rename" the "Calendar" folder thanks much for the time and trouble... Dobbie AKA Cast8Away If this is...

how do you delete cells when they are connected with a formula
All I know how to do is enter info into a cell. This is a list of numbered employees. Usually, I would just seleted the cell and delete, but I get ###error. The formula is =+sum (A73+1) Please help!!! I believe you are seeing ### because the cell is not large enough to display the #REF! error. When you delete the cell (A73), either by right clicking and seleting delete or by using the Edit function, the formula no longer knows what cell to reference, and all the other cells below the one with the error have all adjusted accordingly (in this case, up one). If you look below the cell w...

Deleted Permission Admin account (Address Book Views).
Can anyone tell me how to recover or add a new Permissions Admin account to the "Address Book Views"? The user account holding these rights was deleted by one of my predisessors. Exchange only reports an ".\Unknown Account" with Admin Role in the Permissions tab of the "Address Book Properties"-page. I'm using Exchange 5.5 SP5 on a Windows 2000 member server in a Windows NT4.0 domain. Thank you. The site services account should be able to do it. -- regards, Michael Abbaticchio MVP for Microsoft Exchange Server http://mvps.org/exchange "Rola...

Emails delete in Entourage but not on Exchange server (Sync issues)

Row Height in Ledger Sheet

Unable to add/delete row
My workbook has several sheets. One of them doesn't allow me to add or delete rows. This means when I right-click on a row, the "insert", "delete", "clear content" is grey out. This only happens to this sheet, as the other ones don't have such problem. I've been scratching my head.... The worksheet is unprotected. What can be wrong? Forgot to mention... I use excel 2007. I'm not able to use "insert" from ribbon either. It's grey out. I am, however, can modify contents of cells. ...

Delete Old "test" transactions
Can somebody supply me with the SQL statements to delete any and all sales related transaction prior to a certan date, but NOT any P.O. that we currenly have? I know you can use the "Delete All Transactions" option , but that also deletes all the P.O.s We have been using RMS for the back-office functionality (mostly P.O.s) but just started using it for front of store POS operations and would like to start "clean". Thank you, This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0643_01C743D7.8D091200 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-...

Delete lines from txt file
With code like the following: Open "c:\MyLog.txt" For Output As #1 Write #1, strError Close #1 I log the errors users encounter. However I don't want this file to become bigger than about 250 lines. So I am thinking of a cleaning routine which runs when the first user of that day logs in, and deletes the oldest lines, so that that are only 250 lines left. How would I go about this or are there better approaches / other ideas? Thanks, Lars One approach would be to read the entire content of the file into a variable, use the Split function to ...

comparing two lists again
I have two large lists (15k and 13k) and I need to find those values whishch appear in list A but not in list B Vlookup only does on line at a time. I need a quick way of comparing list A with list B and showing me the results of those that only appear in one list. any ideas? See my post to Joe about "I need to compare 2 lists" -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Jon Robinson" <Jonathan.Robinson@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:07a701c3c3c8$a58099d0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have two large lists (15k and 13k) and I need to find > those val...

Programmatically delete contents of OAB system public folders
I want to programmatically delete the contents of OAB system folders present in MAPI public folder store. I was able to open teh required OAB folders using IMAPIFolder interface but when I tried deleteing the contents, it always gives E_ACCESSDENIED. I was running the code under exchange Administrator Context. I checked teh MAPI permissions on OAB folders through exchange system manager and found out that even administrator does not have write access on OAB folders by defaults. Can anyone tell me, how to programmatically modify MAPI permissions on OAB system folders. Thanks I do not...

How to delete the menu of "Recent Files"
This menu is produced by MDI. I want that menu invisible like Miscorsoft office word 2003. what should I do ? I found the related code CRecentFileList is in "afx.h" but I do not want to change that file. What do you mean "invisible like Microsoft Office Word 2003"? Do you mean you want expanding menus? That isn't "invisible", that's a different description. I'd suggest looking for articles on places like www.codeproject.com. Note also that there are people who detest these menus (the first thing I did in Office was turn off the feature that hi...

Size of plot area expands when Chart Title is deleted
Hi, I have a worksheet with about 8 charts on it. On all but 1 chart, when I delete the Chart Title, the plot area expands. Can anyone tell me why this happens? I'm no chart expert and I can't seem to find any obvious setting that would control that behavior. -- TIA Chuck M. If you have not manually adjusted the plot area size, Excel considers it the default size. This default size changes based on whether there are axis titles, a chart title, and a legend. Adding or removing any of these features causes the Excel to change the plot area, To prevent this behavior, change the ...

Count text cells if condition in row is true, over many rows.
Using Excel 2003 - 84 columns, up to 250 rows. By groups of 3 adjacent columns, I want to put (in merged cell at top of each group of 3) a formula showing total of cells with text, IF a separate cell in column CM in each row has a particular value. So, there will be 28 totals (84/3) in top row. If CM2="E", CM3="S", CM4="E", CM5="E", CM6="S", etc, and using condition "E", the formula in merged D1 will count all text cells in columns D,E,F of rows 2,4,5,etc. The formula in merged G1 will count all text cells in columns...

Deleted Items Folder #3
I am runnng office 2000. I would like to set a group policy so that when the users exit outlook their deleted items folder is emptied by default. Any one know how? Also how do I set up a simalar policy to delete sent items? Bryan - What Exchange Server OS are you running? "Bryan Colby" <bcolby@fincomm.net> wrote in message news:cd7501c43938$1697dea0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I am runnng office 2000. I would like to set a group > policy so that when the users exit outlook their deleted > items folder is emptied by default. Any one know how? > Also how do I s...

Cant Delete Task Request
My business partner sent me a task request. I am unable to accept, reject, open, delete or take any action without Outlook 2003 throwing an error that says "Outlook cannot do this action on this type of attachment". Has anyone seen this error and is there a fix for it? Best regards and thanks in advance, Dan This is a duplication. Please ignore. "Dan" <hiptolick@comcast.net> wrote in message news:qb6dnfjzU_TFoXjcRVn-pQ@comcast.com... > My business partner sent me a task request. I am unable to accept, reject, > open, delete or take any action without O...

Can't move things to deleted items: The item could not be deleted. It was either moved or already deleted, or access was denied
This is weird. It looks like I have one user with a damaged 'deleted items' bin. Everyone else is fine. This user had opened up an accout of someone who left the company a while back and apparently tried to delete a few thousand spam messages that they had. Their system eitehr locked up, or they got sick of waiting and did something to stop it, when they did we could no longer mount the information store. I ran several things including an eseutil /p on the database, and then removed the log files and ran the ISINTEG -s server01 -test alltests -fix, which found 2 or three problems and f...

add rows to a sheet
Hi If I have this in a sheet: 1 5 8 10 15 25 27 30 What i want is a macro there can make empty rows between the number so there come 3 empty rows between 1 and 5 and 1 empty row between 8 and 10 - and so on, I don't know how many rows there are numbers in: Hope some one understand and maybe also can help. Try this... (Put the cursor in on the first value - 1) then run the macro until the end. Sub InsertingLines() Dim Firstvalue As Integer Dim Secondvalue As Integer Dim Result As Integer Dim NoofRows As Integer Dim Number As Integer Firstvalue = ActiveCell....

Unprotect Excel 2002 row groupings in protected worksheet
http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=40903597.FF5DDEB1%40msn.com ARoby wrote: -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Deleting blank records when aform is closed or a button is click.
We are have a somewhat of an annoying problem with one of our database forms. Everytime we open the form it creates a new record, even if you close the form or cancelled it. We are trying to figure out a way to not create a blank record in our database everytime the form is opened. I tried: DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdDeleteRecord DoCmd.Close acForm, Me.Name DoCmd.OpenForm "Invoice Database Launch", acNormal but the blank record is still showing up. So, is there a way to tell access not to create a record if the form is close or the cancel button is clicked. Thanks "Ayo&qu...

where is enable deleted items retention?
We are trying to restore deleted messages from Outlook. They were deleted from the Deleted Items folder. We run Exchange 2000. But I do not know where to start on the Exchange to try to recover and view the deleted messages. THANKS! Recovering deleted items is a two stage thing (by the way, I'm using Exchange 2003... Stage 1) Configuring the server - See http://usdt.mylivevault.com/webhelp/TSK/bk_exchange_2K_exch.asp for a pretty good explanation on how to enable deleted item retention. Stage 2) Once stage 1 is done, any user should be able to open Outlook, go to the deleted i...