Comparing a value in EXCEL and XML files

 want to know how to write a code in VB.NET for the following situation

> I have a field( Ex. Capital) in my XML file and that field results in a value(Ex. $5000)....now i have my Excel file with multiple worksheets in it....I want to write a code that can read a single field (Ex. Capital) in XML file and then take it's value (Ex.$5000).....After reading the $5000 it should search through my entire Excel file( In all Worksheets) and see if that Value exists ....If it exists then return as "Pass" if not "Fail".....I also hav 1 more condition but first i would like to see how it can be written

I aprreciate our help guys

0
vishnu (3)

excel and outlook
I know there are some questions like this already posted, but I don't understand the answers so I am asking again. I have this excel file with names, addresses, phone numbers, emails, membership staus, date of most recent membership renewal, and date of membership termination upon failing to renew. I want to get the names, emails, phone, and addresses into a 'group' in my 'contacts' in outlook. How do I do this? Thanks so much! -- mcn7 ...

Negative value in Excel
I would like value in a certain rage of cells to always be negativ without adding minus sign when enter the value. Does anyone know how t set this??? Many thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Adhanya, One solution is to put the values in straightaway (as positive), and simply make them look as though they're negative. Select the cells, Format, Cells, Number, Custom, and use something like: -General -0.00 Then in any formulas that refer to them, negate them so they will be treated as negative. Or an event macro can negate them as they're entered. -- Earl Kios...

compare
Hello everyone, I have been reading this group for a while, however I am quite a rookie in using of excel. I would appreciate if someone could help with this issue. I quite often have to compare two sheets (from different workbooks-files, but with the same sheet name). Calculations are thus updated time by time and I need to check where were the main differences. Cells contain both values and formulas. I have found through this newsgroup nice add-ins of Myrna Larson and Bill Manville, and Rob Bruce. However I would need the macros to highlight only significant differences (let's say fro...

UnHide Columns in Excel 2002
In Office XP in Excel I can not select two columns it automatically expands the selection to include the Merged Row above it which includes all the columns below - not just the two I selected. When I select just two cells the right click does not include the option to "Unhide" or "Hide". I have to go to the format menu, select column and select "Unhide" or "Hide". Is there a way to select columns without including the merged rows within the spreadsheet? Is there a shortcut to "Hide" or "UnHide" with a right click or keyboar...

copy paste value
I have a colum of vlookup numeric data and want to add it up, but each cell may not return a value depending on how many items are needed. I belive I will need to add a colum in and grab the numeric data that is returned and then use a formula to do a copy paste value and if no value equal zero. I am not sure how to do this thoe. here is the vlookup formula i am using. Can you please help =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A3,'Inventory Items'!$A$3:$C$888,'Inventory Items'!$C$1,FALSE)),"",(VLOOKUP(A3,'Inventory Items'!$A$3:$C$888,'Inventory Items'!$C$1,...

How to save and close multiple Excel applications?
Hi, I am trying to automate saving and shutting down Excel applications. At the moment, this is saving and closing workbooks in applications, as I can't see a way to directly save applications. The problem I have is that when I get the current Excel application using GetActive object, it seems to either hold on to this permanently (until the program finishes) or not attach to the next open Excel application once I save and close down the first. I tried using times, as it seems to work if I step slowly through it, but not if it runs itself, but timers don’t seem to help....

Front-End for an Excel Data Base
Greetings, I'm hoping to create a Data Base with Excel, but would like some to use other program as the front-end. Which would the Ideal Front-end for the same? (Appending & Querying must be preformed with ease.) Thanks Venkat. That sound's totally back-to-front to me. I can understand using a database somewhere else and Excel as a front-end analysis tool, but the other way. You would probably have to use an ODBC connection into the Excel file, unless the other product supported ADO and OLEDB, which is not good. Why would you want to do it that way? Having said that, I have que...

Save file name as a timestamp.
I would like to create an excel worksheet that people could use and then click a macro button to save as a timestamp and send through e mail so that when the file is sent to a common in box, it has a unique filename based on the time and date that it was filled out. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ I use that in my mail examples http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Nick...

Value of x axis
I want to create a chart where the X axis displays a letter instead of a number. The repesentation will be constant (e.g. A=5, B=4, C=3). Is there anyway to do this? Thank you, Kate - I answered the same question just this past week: http://www.google.com/groups?as_umsgid=%23jDCZiMsEHA.832@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Kate wrote: > I want to create a chart where the X axis displays a letter instead of > a number. The repesentation will be constant (...

column information changes when printed in excel document
The address in the column shifts when I print. It doesn't appear as it does on the original document. How can I print it as it looks? Not clear. What is the "address in the column"? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 12 May 2010 11:18:01 -0700, bgood <bgood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >The address in the column shifts when I print. It doesn't appear as it does >on the original document. How can I print it as it looks? ...

Auto Label Y Axis Values
I am producing a dynamic chart and would like to be able to specify the labels for the y axis of my chart automatically (based upon a formula), rather than letting Excel set the scale. I believe that to do this I need a macro - but I am new to using these and dont really know where to start. Basically the chart is on a sheet called Graph and the data that I want to use for the minimum and maximums are in cells T4 and T5 on a sheet called tables (although I have also named the cells Min and Max too). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Hi, You need to use code. http://pelt...

linking worksheets in Excel 2007
Hi I can do basic formulas in Excel 2007 like adding subtracting etc. Here's what I want to do and I would appreciate any help in achievingit: In worksheet 1, I want to add up money i spend. In worksheet 2, i want to show my budget total and then see the reducing total as I enter amounts in worksheet 1. Can anyone help? -- Millie EXCEL 2007 I have just put up a file for you at:- http://www.pierrefondes.com/ Item number 106. This is one way in which you might do it. If you add in extra items into Money_Spent columns A and B you will see what you have got ...

square root function in excel (roots greater than 12)
Hello, I am currently undertaking some statistical analysis in excel but have encountered a data problem, my data is annual, and i need it monthly, hence need to take the 12th root of the numbers, but this doesnt seem available in excel, can you please advise kind regards How about: =YourNumber^(1/12) or =POWER(YourNumber,1/12) tj "Mark" wrote: > Hello, > > I am currently undertaking some statistical analysis in excel but have > encountered a data problem, my data is annual, and i need it monthly, hence > need to take the 12th root of the numbers, but t...

Pivot Chart
Hello, I am trying to create a stacked area Pivot Chart from a Pivot Table. I have negative values but am having trouble getting them to be displayed properly in the pivot chart. Currently, the negative values are displayed at the top and are "eating into" the positive series. I need the negative values to be displayed below the x-axis. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Aleksandr, This may be silly to ask, but... Did you try and adjust the y-axis scale from 0 to some number to a negative value (greater than the lowest negative value) to some positive value. Ex...

How do figure excel formula out?
I'm taking an excel class & the ? is "if you enter 5B21C2 in cell B1 of a worksheet the formula is replaced by the # 125 when you press enter. What happened? The worksheet is hypethetical. Then the next ? is to use same worksheet, change the # in cell B2 from 55 to 65. What happens to the # in cell B1 & why. The info I found doesn't tell how to figure the first formula so everything else doesn't make sense to me. HELP! -- thanks I'm sorry to say that your comprehension of XL is soooo bad, that you can't pose an accurate, intelligent question. Doe...

Compare two files and update data from another file base on words in a cell separated by commas
I have two file with several colomns. I need to compare two Col B fileA Col B of FileB as shown in example. http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AgUVfFOnkiaKdFBiNDFLamcybXdhW... Each col have about 1000 rows. Each row contains thousands of words and phrases separated by Comma. As you can see from example, my data has soo many words and phrases separated by comma in each row of two colomn A and B. ============== i Need to merge data of corresponding row from COLA$FileB TO corresponding row of COLA$FileB Also merge data of corresponding row from COLB$FileB TO correspondin...

file specifications and database structure
Someone asked me to build up a datastructure and also denote the file specifications. I actually don't know what is expected of me to do? My datastructure defines sets, indices and parameters, so if I am correctly I can create my structure by inserting relationships. But what exactly is meant by a file specification? Is it meant that I have to say whether some input is a number/ text/ ... or is the data type totally different from the file specification? Thank you very much... Seems to me like you should be asking the person who made the original request to clarify what they mea...

Excel 2003 Select All (CTRL A)
Hi, I have a user who has recently been upgraded from office 2000 to office 2003. Apparently in Excel 2000, pressing CTRL and A would select all the cells with data in (in a square) For example if the highest numbered cell with data in was F 20 it would select from A1 to F20 In Excel 2003 it just seems to select the entire sheet. Is there a way around this? Thanks! Ctrl A still does that in 2003... This is from the help file: -Note If the worksheet contains data, pressing CTRL+A selects th current region. Pressing CTRL+A a second time selects the entir worksheet.- Make sure y...

Display nothing in a cell if value = 0
I have a range of cells formatted to display numbers in currency format. They have a formula applied to them so if the value of the Cell is nothing I get �0.00 showing. I would rather that nothing was shown in these instances. How is this achieved? Thanks Dom Couple of ways, use conditional formatting and display with a white font if the value is zero change the display option to suppress zeroes, Tools>Options>General and uncheck the Zero Values option. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mail...

excel Problems #6
While working in excel I am facing two problems 1.after working 1 -2hours in excel ,my excel stops working,even if I am trying to quit by clicking close button it stops responding and the system hangs up.only way to quit the prog is to press cntrl+shift+del and end task.after that I got auto recovery pane that saved my excel work.This happens every day.what's this problem? 2.while inserting a name i.e-insert-name-define-name box-refer to box-I am not able to enter a big formula.after entering say it is around 250 characters cursor not moving forward.Is there any limitation for defi...

How to clean 0x0E value from file when using XSL?
I have some code that cleans up an xml file before running xsl transformation on it due to what I call bad characters in the data. I have as an example: str = Replace(str, "&#x19;", ".") str = Replace(str, "&#x18;", ".") In there as filters to strip out characters XSL doesn't like and replace it with periods. I am now getting an exception of a hex value of 0x0E however can't figure out what the string replace value should be for this one. From what I can tell, it's some kind of "shift out" character whatever that is. A...

APA Style Table in Excel
Is there a way to left align digits in excel and still have decimal places in line? Example: Instead of: 0022.11 1122.01 Have: 22.11 1122.01 Thanks, Dan One way: Format/Cells/Number/Custom ???0.00 Left align the cells. In article <s0Gsb.21268$8x2.8238628@newssrv26.news.prodigy.com>, "Dan" <dslaugh@yahoo.com> wrote: > Is there a way to left align digits in excel and still have decimal places > in line? > > Example: > > Instead of: > > 0022.11 > 1122.01 > > Have: > > 22.11 > 1122.01 > > Thanks, &g...

Select case syntax for continuous range values?
I know you can use Select case statements to cover a range of integer values, such as: Case 100 To 500 Case 501 to 650 etc However, I'm not clear on how to work with non-integer values to ensure that every possible value is covered, while ensuring no overlap in categories. With an IF statement I might use: If x >100 and x <=500 elseif x >500 and x <=650 which would properly assign a value of 500.4395 to the second condition Is there a way to do this with select case? Or is my best option to try to use more decimals than the data might need, e.g. C...

2 workbooks
I have got 2 workbooks with a list of names. I need to find out if a name appears in both books. One of the workbooks came from a different source and the other one is a report I ran from our database. I need to find out whether the workbook from out of the company has got any of our own names on it. I am using Microsoft Excel 97 and am fairly new at this so please be gentle. One way I did think was to combine the two workbooks into one and find the duplicates but thought there may be another way. Thank you. Hi "queen on", Assume that In book1 the names are in column A, s...

Comparing
I have two columns of numbers column A could be up to 3500 rows. Column B may be more or less than 3500 rows. What I'm trying to do is see if any number in columns "B" appears anywhere in Column "A", and if so we can just highlight it in both columns. Actually I would want to be able to sort by highlighted. so maybe add someway to sort by matched or unmatched. I hope this makes sense. In column C put... =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP($A1,$B:$B,1,FALSE)),"Not in B","In B") In column D put... =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP($B1,$A:$A,1,FALSE)),"Not in ...