Compare dates to copy data

Help please... How would I get the following to occur. (Sheet 1 cell A1 =
2/22/10 when I run macro, look for 2/22/10 on sheet 2, and copy an area from
sheet 1 to the appropriate area of sheet 2. So each time sheet one date
changes, it copys the same area of sheet one into the correct area of sheet 2
that matches the date.
--
Thank you for your time!
John

If it was me, I would do the following:
1. Turn on macro recorder.
2. Go to Sheet2, filter the data for the date you want.
3. Copy the data to its destination.
4. Turn off macro recorder.
5. Modify the macro the pickup the data filter from cell Sheet1!a1, and the
destination.

If you need help, with step 5, let us know. Post the macro code when you do.

Regards,
Fred

"Very Basic User" <VeryBasicUser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Help please... How would I get the following to occur. (Sheet 1 cell A1 =
> 2/22/10 when I run macro, look for 2/22/10 on sheet 2, and copy an area
> from
> sheet 1 to the appropriate area of sheet 2. So each time sheet one date
> changes, it copys the same area of sheet one into the correct area of
> sheet 2
> that matches the date.
> --
> Thank you for your time!
> John

0
Fred
2/23/2010 10:13:22 PM
Thank you for answering! So when you say in step 2 to filter the data for the
date I want, what do you mean? Sorry, I am very new at this.
--
Thank you for your time!
John

"Fred Smith" wrote:

> If it was me, I would do the following:
> 1. Turn on macro recorder.
> 2. Go to Sheet2, filter the data for the date you want.
> 3. Copy the data to its destination.
> 4. Turn off macro recorder.
> 5. Modify the macro the pickup the data filter from cell Sheet1!a1, and the
> destination.
>
> If you need help, with step 5, let us know. Post the macro code when you do.
>
> Regards,
> Fred
>
> "Very Basic User" <VeryBasicUser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Help please... How would I get the following to occur. (Sheet 1 cell A1 =
> > 2/22/10 when I run macro, look for 2/22/10 on sheet 2, and copy an area
> > from
> > sheet 1 to the appropriate area of sheet 2. So each time sheet one date
> > changes, it copys the same area of sheet one into the correct area of
> > sheet 2
> > that matches the date.
> > --
> > Thank you for your time!
> > John
>
> .

PS: I got the filtering thing, but I have many totaling lines that make
filtering not available for a date range, I would have to remove the rows
that total each week and they feed into a monthly graph summary
--
Thank you for your time!
John

"Fred Smith" wrote:

> If it was me, I would do the following:
> 1. Turn on macro recorder.
> 2. Go to Sheet2, filter the data for the date you want.
> 3. Copy the data to its destination.
> 4. Turn off macro recorder.
> 5. Modify the macro the pickup the data filter from cell Sheet1!a1, and the
> destination.
>
> If you need help, with step 5, let us know. Post the macro code when you do.
>
> Regards,
> Fred
>
> "Very Basic User" <VeryBasicUser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Help please... How would I get the following to occur. (Sheet 1 cell A1 =
> > 2/22/10 when I run macro, look for 2/22/10 on sheet 2, and copy an area
> > from
> > sheet 1 to the appropriate area of sheet 2. So each time sheet one date
> > changes, it copys the same area of sheet one into the correct area of
> > sheet 2
> > that matches the date.
> > --
> > Thank you for your time!
> > John
>
> .

What identifies a total row? If, for example, it's the word "Total" in
another column, then you could use that to filter out those rows.

The other thing I'd investigate are Pivot Tables. They are very powerful and
easy to use. They would move your totals to another sheet, which would clean
up your data. Generally, you're better off having only data in one
spreadsheet, with summaries and graphs in others.

> PS: I got the filtering thing, but I have many totaling lines that make
> filtering not available for a date range, I would have to remove the rows
> that total each week and they feed into a monthly graph summary
> --
> Thank you for your time!
> John
>

> "Fred Smith" wrote:
>
>> If it was me, I would do the following:
>> 1. Turn on macro recorder.
>> 2. Go to Sheet2, filter the data for the date you want.
>> 3. Copy the data to its destination.
>> 4. Turn off macro recorder.
>> 5. Modify the macro the pickup the data filter from cell Sheet1!a1, and
>> the
>> destination.
>>
>> If you need help, with step 5, let us know. Post the macro code when you
>> do.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Fred
>>
>> "Very Basic User" <VeryBasicUser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> > Help please... How would I get the following to occur. (Sheet 1 cell A1
>> > =
>> > 2/22/10 when I run macro, look for 2/22/10 on sheet 2, and copy an area
>> > from
>> > sheet 1 to the appropriate area of sheet 2. So each time sheet one date
>> > changes, it copys the same area of sheet one into the correct area of
>> > sheet 2
>> > that matches the date.
>> > --
>> > Thank you for your time!
>> > John
>>
>> .

0
Fred

Copy Form Text
Hi, Can anyone tell me how to copy text from a form in word 2003 so as I can paste the text to another file, I can't select any text as it's in a form so I have created a command button to copy text to clipboard but can someone help with a macro to attach to the button to copy all text in document. Regards Mark If you are trying to copy an entire form, using the Insert File dialog box will be the easiest solution. Create a new document. Click Insert | File. Locate the protected document and click it. Then click the Insert button. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Wo...

error when copying PST folder into Exchange 2000 mailbox
Hi, I have an old PST file. Scanpst.exe has been run and a couple of errorr repaired. I can open the PST fine in Outlook 2003 SP3. When I try to copy a folder from the PST into an Exchange 2003 mailbox, I see this error: Unable to move or copy folders. Can't copy folder. A top-Level folder can't be copied to one of its subfolders. Of, you may not have appropriate permissions for the folder. To check your permissions for the folder, right-click the folder, and then click Properties on the shortcut menu. The folder and the items actually copies OK, but Outlook displays this error. W...

compare
Hello everyone, I have been reading this group for a while, however I am quite a rookie in using of excel. I would appreciate if someone could help with this issue. I quite often have to compare two sheets (from different workbooks-files, but with the same sheet name). Calculations are thus updated time by time and I need to check where were the main differences. Cells contain both values and formulas. I have found through this newsgroup nice add-ins of Myrna Larson and Bill Manville, and Rob Bruce. However I would need the macros to highlight only significant differences (let's say fro...

Compare two files and update data from another file base on words in a cell separated by commas
I have two file with several colomns. I need to compare two Col B fileA Col B of FileB as shown in example. http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AgUVfFOnkiaKdFBiNDFLamcybXdhW... Each col have about 1000 rows. Each row contains thousands of words and phrases separated by Comma. As you can see from example, my data has soo many words and phrases separated by comma in each row of two colomn A and B. ============== i Need to merge data of corresponding row from COLA$FileB TO corresponding row of COLA$FileB Also merge data of corresponding row from COLB$FileB TO correspondin...

Data Markers
Can I change data markers so that it reflects the conditional formatting on that cell? For example if the data in column c is being plotted and the conditional formatting I have on the cells are if column D = "Y" can I have it so that those markers are plotted with a circle marker and the rest with a square marker? Thanks! Hi, Have a look at Jon's page for conditional charts. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html Cheers Andy ivy_gayle wrote: > Can I change data markers so that it reflects the conditional formatting on > that cell? For exampl...

Great Plains Date and Time
What time is Great Plains using in Service Call Time sensitive field? if we have different time zones and Each Time Zones is using a specifice Server, whihc date/time is used by Great Plains. Is it the User Profile time or the SQL Server System time. Thanks ems When a new service call is created, the time zone will be defaulted to the base time zone stored in the SVC_Master_Defaults table (SVC00998) and defined in the Service Setup window (Microsoft Dynamics GP > Tools > Setup > Project > Service). However, when the customer is selected, the Service Call will change time ...

Data Migration Manager Config fails
I'm trying to configure DMM on XP user Admin rights and system admin in CRM. Install went fine. After putting in the url during configuration, I get an error message " Either the user id or business id is not valid or the user or business is not valid." Has anyone encountered this? Have not been able to get past this point. ...

copying names of folders
hi, i wold like to copy all the folders i one personal folders to another but only the names of the folders and not what's in the folders. is it possible? thanks michal ...

auto date not working
I have a form where I want the date that the information was entered to be displayed automatically. I have the text box disabled so that no one can change the data. In the text box I have =Date() which works fine but when I go back to that record the next day, the date changes to that day's date. Please help!! -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201005/1 Set the Default Value of the field in the table to =Date(), rather than the Default Value of the control. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http...

No Data under Reconciliation
Hi All, I am experiencing the strangest of all problems that I have ever come across.We are using GP 8.0. When I attempt to run Financial reconciliation - when I go to Transactions -Financial -Bank Management -Reconciliation and select the ChequeBook id (any for that) I am able to see the : The statement Balance The CashBook Balance The General Ledger Balance But when I click on the Transactions button there is nothing there-No data absolutely nothing. Any ideas guys? -- Noels "The Best thing in life is life" ...

On POS (not RMS) Adjusting Time Clock Defaults to Today's Date #2
When an employee negelects to time out and we make adjustments on a subsequent day, the Time Clock display will default to today's date even though the correct date is selected in the Employee's Time Clock window. You have to select Save and Close, then reopen the Time Clock event, then adjust the time out time to the correct date. Anybody else notice this bug? M Kalmus Dogtooth Coffee Company ...

2 workbooks
I have got 2 workbooks with a list of names. I need to find out if a name appears in both books. One of the workbooks came from a different source and the other one is a report I ran from our database. I need to find out whether the workbook from out of the company has got any of our own names on it. I am using Microsoft Excel 97 and am fairly new at this so please be gentle. One way I did think was to combine the two workbooks into one and find the duplicates but thought there may be another way. Thank you. Hi "queen on", Assume that In book1 the names are in column A, s...

Notes table and IndirectDataInput / Date stamp in Memo field
I am trying out the previous suggestions for a solution regarding time/date stamp in a memo field. Both are very interesting. In the case of a separate Notes Table…how do I transfer the current memo field to the memo field record in the new Notes table? My database resides 900 records with memo fields… Thankful for advice! You will need a foreign key in the Notes table that tells you, for every row in the notes table, which is the row in the main table that the note belongs to. You need to extract both the notes and the PK of the record for each note. Use a query to do...

Comparing
I have two columns of numbers column A could be up to 3500 rows. Column B may be more or less than 3500 rows. What I'm trying to do is see if any number in columns "B" appears anywhere in Column "A", and if so we can just highlight it in both columns. Actually I would want to be able to sort by highlighted. so maybe add someway to sort by matched or unmatched. I hope this makes sense. In column C put... =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP($A1,$B:$B,1,FALSE)),"Not in B","In B") In column D put... =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP($B1,$A:$A,1,FALSE)),"Not in ...

Task Due Date
Is there anyway to preset the task to have "today" as the due date by default? -- Guy Lapierre Forefront Business Solutions http://www.forefrontbusinesssolutions.com Not that I am aware of, no. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Guy Lapierre asked: | Is there anyway to preset the task to have "today" as the due date by | default? ...

Shadow Copies disabled on Reboot
I've tried this on several machines and see the same thing. I enable shadow copies on the c: drive. All seems to be working fine. It takes the initial copy and shows it in the list. If I reboot the server, the shadow copies for the c: drive are now set to disabled. The shadow copy I just made is still in the list, but that status is set to disabled. Has anyone else seen this? ...

SUMPRODUCT Date Ranges
Hi, I need to note a '0' or '1' within each of the monthly cells in a table to show resource secured within a given month (the date ranging from the start and finish date). So, if the START date is A1 and the END date is B1 and I have a cell for each month, i.e. C1 = Jan, D1 = Feb and so on till Dec. As an example, the start date is 06/02/10 and the end date is 08/08/10, how can I show "1" against the Feb to August cells and all the other cells where they don't fall into the month as "0", i.e. Jan as "0"? Many thanks in advanc...

I need to compare to columns and indicate the matches in another
am wanting to compare 2 columns for exact matching. If there are two matching items I want to be able to say "A match" in a chosen cell for all the ones that match. Column C will be retrived in an random order... so how would I write the formula for that????? Example: A B C 45time 11tune A match 11tune 89time 47doog 43jkjkj A match 123ABC 123ABC If possible include how to highlight the ones that make as another option. Thanks Try something like this: For a value list in B1:B5 and a ...

Number of copies when printing
Can anybody help...? We are currently printing off a form that has been duplicated many times to obtain answers to many questions in a way of collecting clients requirements. The problem is that whenever we print the form with the answers, the default setting is 10 copies. This is not the default setting on the printer and all other documents from word, outlook etc, print just one copy. Is there a setting somewhere within the excel file that is forcing the 10 copies...? We did not generate the form originally and the company who did are unable to answer our question. Any help would be app...

Help Please- How to offset Date to correct column for Ageing
Hi All, I have a stock ageing sheet for finished goods, which uses a vlookup table, on entry of the Product code (last 3 Digits), this populates the next three columns with description, FG cost and Quantity of product. the quantity of product is entered again manually into the appropriate column, there are five columns these are banded <3 Months 0%, 3 to 6 Months 25%, 6 to 9 months 50%, 9 to 12 Months 75% and > 1 Year 100%, the percentage is liability provision. What I would like to do is on entry of the product code as above the quantity is automatically inserted into the correc...

Dates changed on Copy Cell
I am now using Excel 2007 and keep finding that the year in the date is changed when I copy from one cell to another in another spreadsheet. I start with 9/12/2008 17:00 (formated as a custom format) and it is copied in as 10/12/2012 17:00 (same format). Can anyone help? Thanks Jim > changed when I copy from one cell to another in another spreadsheet. I assume that you mean Workbook not Worksheet in the same Workbook. You have the second Workbook set to the 1904 date system. -- HTH Sandy In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland and the crowning place of kings sandymann2@mailinato...

Chart does NOT show data entered for the values represented
I continue to find a problem in excel 2007 that was not present in 2003. I will input 2or more columns and rows of data to create a chart, then create the chart; but IF MORE THAN ONE data path is selected to be charted, the other data paths are charted incorrectly. They do not reflect the values in the cells! Obviously then, my charts are wrong and I can't rely on them for analysis. Please respond if this has happened to you and you know how to correct for this. I am very frustrated. -- Judi Hi Judi, Data Path? what is this, are your charts refering to other workbooks? Why ...

DATA HIDING
I WANT TO HIDE DATA IN A SINGLE CELL Format the cell with protection of Hidden, and then protect the worksheet. "REDSHARK" wrote: > I WANT TO HIDE DATA IN A SINGLE CELL ...

Special converting of string date&time to date format
Hi there, Working with a file and all my dates and times appear as one long text string shown below that I would like to convert to date and time format so that I can manipulate the data anyway I like. Data appears as follows: .. cell A1: 10/1/2011 2:20:00 PM cell A2: 1/18/2011 2:20:00 AM I have tried many different ways and sometimes it works. The problem is when the date and month are not 2 digits. As you see the date or the month can be 1 or 2 digits. How do I convert it so that it works no matter what.. this works only when the month and date are both 2 digits =DATE(...

Advice on comparing data sets
Hi, Can anyone advise on how I can compare data on 1 sheet with dat compared on another. Example attached. I want to be able to show that whenever the UK is shown (can appea multiple times) on this sheet it checks on sheet2 and enter th corresponding band value in this case for the UK (show in cells B6, B8 will show band A SHEET1 Ref Country Band 1 UK 2 Germany 3 UK 4 France 5 Italy SHEET2 Country Band UK A GERMANY B ITALY B FRANCE D SWEDEN D DENMARK E As always thanks for your help. Simo +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: ...