Comments in Excel #2

When you create a comment the font and size defaults
to "Tahoma", "8".  Is there a way of changing the default
font and size for comments so that when you create
comments after changing the default they will all be the
font and size that you set as the default.
eg. "Arial", "10".

You can change the default font size:

    Right-click on the desktop, and choose Properties
    On the Appearance tab, click Advanced.
    From the Item dropdown, choose Tooltip
    Choose a font Size, click OK, click OK

or use a macro to insert a comment with specific formatting:

    http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#Formatted

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Excel No Longer Working
Ok. This one has me stumped. I have adding the compatibility pack to systems in my office with no problem, until yesterday. Added the pack to an Office 2003 Pro system. Everything works great except for Excel. Now when we start excel it acts like it is trying to do an initial setup, then says it needs the disc. I put the disc in, but it will not find the CAB file. Weirder than that is every time I retry it the CAB designation changes. I have tried to do a repair and the same thing happens. I have tried a reinstall and the same thing happens. Anyone have ANY ideas???? I don't know...

Excel Mass Email
Does anyone know of anyway or program to do the following: We have Excel file that contains 3 columns- ID, password and email address. We need to email each ind email address their ID and password. Is there a program that we can use that will do this email merge? Thanks! Hi Jill Try this example on my site http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder3/message.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Jill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09b701c49fdc$32c52960$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know of anyway or program to do the follow...

Problem with displaying characters in excel sheet
I an excel sheet, I am displaying a character alpha "?". But when I retrieve this chaarcter though a messagebox function in VB editor, say msgbox mysheet.cells(4,5) then it shows "a" and not alpha... What am I missing ? TIA. How a character displays is depenent on the font used to display it. Perhaps you want to use a Userform/textbox or label to display it since that would allow you to specify a font to display it with. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "Noee" <anonymous@discussions.com> wrote in message news:uipdIwRsEHA.2688@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > I an...

upgrade #2
Is an upgrade possible from the 98 version of publisher to the 2003 version? My office uses the 03 version and I have 98 on my personal computer. Even though I have purchased a new computer it does not help me to upgrade to the new 07 version because I can't easily move back and forth with the software in our office. I can no longer find a link that will give me a definitive answer but my instinct says it will work. HOWEVER...you may find it difficult to purchasing the 2003 upgrade. Pub 2007 has been out for several months and fewer and fewer places are selling the older software....

scale to page error in Excel 2007
somehow something has changed in my Excel 2007 setup where my "fit to scale" does not work appropriately. When I choose print preview, the preview screen changes to a very small preview and my document is a few thousand pages. This document used to print fine on one page. Even on my other computer it prints fine. The funny thing is, when I change it back to 100% scale the preview is large again but still cuts off a few columns. I must have changed some setting that I need to reset but cannot find it. Any help is appreciated. Have you checked your setting of print ...

How do I have excel highlight days before & after a date on a cale
How do have excel highlight 15 days prior to a chosen date on the calendar below & 30 days after? 2010 JANUARY FEBRUARY S M T W T F S S M T W T F S 1 2 1 2 3 4 5 6 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 28 31 MARCH APRIL S M T W T F S S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 1 2 3 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 11 12 13 14 15 ...

Posting to closed year #2
Hi there We need to make an adjustment to a closed year. We have opened the year\period... and the accounts allow posting to history. But when we post the transaction it errors out and states . Transaction error-edit required We cannot see where the transaction needs editing. I cannot seem to find reletive info on the KB either. Any one have a step by step to ensure we are not missing anything Thank you Tami Did you follow Article ID : 851423? The only thing I think that could be the problem is that you are trying to correct a transactions that goes beyong the first closed year. ...

In excel 2003, the negative numbers not appearing with brackets
In my PC's excel 2003, the negative numbers are not appearing with brackets, where as its appearing in other PCs. I think something has been disturbed, how to fix? Check your cell formatting. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Anwar" <Anwar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3996C210-5B86-4DCF-AB6A-69332542D575@microsoft.com... > In my PC's excel 2003, the negative numbers are not appearing with > brackets, > where as its appearing in other PCs. I think something has been disturbed, > how to fix? If you just want that fo...

Tabbing to non sequenced cells in Excel 2000
Can I tab over to only cells that need info input, and skip over other cells? If you protect the worksheet that will happen. While holding down the CTRL key, use the mouse to select the cells you wish to tab through Select Format/Cells and unselect "Locked" on the "Protection" tab Then go into Tools/Protection and select Protect Sheet Now, if you don't use a password, anyone will be able to simply unprotect the sheet as needed and have the "tabbing" capability. "cwalton" <cwalton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1783FC04...

Excel chart-y axis title question
Everytime I have a y axis title and it will not show up the end of the title. I tried to use small font but it doesn't help. Does anyone ever have similar problem? Thanks. Many people have reported this problem, and the following post by Jon Peltier may help you: http://groups.google.ca/groups?&threadm=OviGl8Z3EHA.208%40TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl springwinterfall wrote: > Everytime I have a y axis title and it will not show up the end of the title. > I tried to use small font but it doesn't help. Does anyone ever have similar > problem? Thanks. -- Debra Dalgleish Ex...

Can Excel 2003 Do This?
Thanks in advance for anybody that can help me with this... Here's what I want to do: I have a workbook that I have recreated in excel for my boyfriends work. One of the sheets is a weekly production report that he sends in to his employer to get paid. There is a separate sheet that has a list of available units with three columns; 1)Unit ID, 2) Description, 3)Unit price. I would like to somehow make it so all he has to do is type in the Unit ID on the corresponding cell on the production report and have it automatically fill in the correct description, unit price & when he enters t...

Relative Reference #2
Hi, My question is I have a row and a column of values. I am trying to multiply the row by column and display it in a row format. eg Row 3 5 2 5 Column 1 4 5 6 I want the product to be displayed as 3 20 10 30 by using relative reference. It doesnt work for me. Pl. let me know if anyone has any idea. Thanks Hi! Assume: A1:D1 = 3;5;2;5 A3:A6 = 1;4;6;5 =A1*INDEX($A3:$A6,COLUMNS($A:A)) Copy across as needed. Biff "Hari" <Hari@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12430877-E274-482E-8F16-856C2...

Paying upgrade price instead of Full version price... #2
Is there such of thing as an upgraded version that you can buy intead of having to get a whole package when you already own last year's? Thanks a lot! Not as such but by shopping around you can usually find an offer with a mail in rebate that brings the price down. If I remember around the time M2004 was released people were talking about net prices of around 15 bucks. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "Bis" <anonymous@discussions....

money 2005 #2
HI all, anybody seen screenshots of money 2005 yet?? Ivan No, there would not be any because I believe M2005 is still under beta-testing. "Ivan Debono" <ivanmdeb@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OS9scd4VEHA.1152@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > HI all, > > anybody seen screenshots of money 2005 yet?? > > Ivan > > maybe some would have leaked out :) "A.A. Fussy" <amarks@austarnet.com.au> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:usbD5X$VEHA.1380@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > No, there would not be any because I believe M2005 is still under > beta-t...

Excel Macro Conversion
Hi, I'm going to be teaching Excel VBA to an organization who currently uses the older Excel macro language. I know Excel and I know VBA and but I don't the pre-VBA language. The company has emailed me a workbook that contains a sales spreadsheet. Their goal is to convert the older macros to VBA. I'm looking at the spreadsheet now and I don't see any macros except this long string out to the side. Looks like this: /WTC{HOME}{PGDN}{GOTO}A18~{GOTO}A20~/WTH{GOTO}A19~{END} {DOWN}{DOWN}@DATE({?},{?},{?})~{RIGHT}{?}{RIGHT}{?}{RIGHT} {?}{RIGHT}@DATE({?},{?},{?})~{RIGHT 3...

CDs and learning excel
Can anyone advise on a good/better/best instructional CD to learn Excel? ...

Missing function in Excel 2003 #2
I have a user that is complaining about a missing function in Excel 2003. He calls it a "Coalition matrix", I have never heard of it before. He used to have it in Excel 2000. Any ideas? Hi never heard about this. Maybe he has to install the Analysis Toolpak Addin ('tools - addins'). "Galldrian" wrote: > I have a user that is complaining about a missing function in Excel > 2003. He calls it a "Coalition matrix", I have never heard of it > before. He used to have it in Excel 2000. Any ideas? > Never heard of a coalition matrix. The Analysi...

I have lost my menu bars in Excel?
I am not sure if I have opened a corrupt excel file or what but now when I open my excel there are no menu or tool bars (not hidden from view, but gone) I have tried re-installing excel but this did not fix the problem. What is going on? View / Full Screen perhaps? Try finding and deleting your *.xlb file which is the toolbar customisation file -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- It's easier to b...

show duplicates of 2 tables
Hi, I have 2 table which have identical fields and I wish to create a table from the duplicates found. The wizard does the opposite it takes out the duplicates. How do I go about it? Cheers -- Paul Wilson On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 15:37:00 -0800, Paul Wilson <PaulWilson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I have 2 table which have identical fields and I wish to create a table from >the duplicates found. The wizard does the opposite it takes out the >duplicates. > >How do I go about it? > >Cheers Create a Query joining the tables on *all* the fields w...

Excel URL's
I'm reposting this message as the recommended action didn't work, and I cannot reply to his post ... ========================================================== Hi, If I have an Excel s/s that contains multiple fields with live URL links, is there a way to deactivate the link? I'm working with such a s/s presently, and its frustrating as I inadvertently trigger URL links constantly!! Public Sub DeleteHyperlinks() ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks.delete End Sub -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "Don Niall" <donniall@aol.com> wrote in message news:09ad01c37d3a$44e9e420$a001280a@p...

HyperLinking PDF files in Excel
Can anyone offer any help on 1. is it possible to import pdf files into excel as hyperlinks? and 2. if it is possible, how do you do it? =) A hyperlink is as it says, a link to a file either on the local drive or a network which is mapped to the local pc. It is not an imported file, just an address which when pressed will open the relevant PDF document with a PDF Viewer. To insert a hyper link, select from the top menus. Insert\Hyperlink (Hyperlink is at the bottom of the insert menu itme) This will then show a pop up box which will allow you to identify where the PDF file is to be ...

Adding highlighted cells only -Excel 2000
Anyone know if there is a way to add only cells that are highlighted? I would like to see quick sums of only the cells I have highlighted and hoping there might be a way to do this quickly and easily. I have to do this many times with various cells with differing number values. Thanks in advance K By "highlighted" do you mean colored or simply selected? If the latter, use the Sum on the Status Bar. If the former..................... You will have to use VBA to grab the colorindex of the cells. Do you want to do that? See Chip Pearson's site for UDF's for working with co...

EOMonth function V. 2002 excel
I just recently starter using Excel 2002. I was using Excel 2000. My spreadsheets that use the function "EOMONTH" no longer work . It's not even available the list of functions. Is an addin available? Thanks Tools>add-inns, check analysis toolpak, keep the cd handy and follow the instructions -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "JohnD" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06d301c4be20$0d732f60$a501280a@phx.gbl... >I just recently sta...

Excel Cell Formatting, multiple lines
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Is there a way to force a line wrap within a cell in Excel, similar to the way Shift^Return forces a line wrap in a table cell in Word? Control+Command+Return as well as Control+Option+Return. Have a look in Excel Help for others: Keyboard shortcuts used in Excel. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 5/22/10 1:51 PM, in article 59bb8db7.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "IHS@officeformac.com" <IHS@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (S...

Configuring Outlook #2
Hai, I have to configure my outlook while working in my system everyday. I'm not able to view my mails which are sent to me the previous day or week. Please help me how do i configure my outlook in such a way that I get my mails regularly without any difficulty. send me a reply as soon as possible. regards, Solomon ...