Comment Indicators #2

Something has happened to a spreadhseet whereby all the comments have really
long indicators spreading down over multiple cells. How can these be
corrected without doing each one at a time?
Thanks for help
Deb (109)

Try running this macro:

Option Explicit
Sub ResetComments()
Dim ws As Worksheet
Dim CmmtRng As Range
Dim cell As Range
Dim CopyTxt As String

Set ws = ActiveSheet
Set CmmtRng = ws.Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeComments)

For Each cell In CmmtRng
    With cell
        CopyTxt = .Comment.Text
        .Comment.Delete
        .AddComment
        .Comment.Text Text:=CopyTxt
        .Comment.Visible = True
    End With
Next

End Sub

---
To run, press ALT+F11, go to Insert > Module, and paste
in the code above. Press ALT+Q to close. Go to Tools >
Macro > Macros.

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

0
jasonjmorin (551)
3/3/2005 10:04:30 PM
There's sample code here to reset the comments:

   http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#Reset

Deb wrote:
> Something has happened to a spreadhseet whereby all the comments have really
> long indicators spreading down over multiple cells. How can these be
> corrected without doing each one at a time?
> Thanks for help

Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

0
dsd1 (5911)

Outlook Email Problems #2
Have just installed Outlook (Office 2000) on my new PC but cannot get mail to work. Accounts are set up ok. Getting messages "A TCP/IP error occurred while trying to connect to the server.Error Number 8x800ccc15". I am as before using ICS on a home LAN. My Internet access with Explorer is working fine over same LAN connection.(The main gateway PC is receiving and sending mails no problem). Can anyone help please? ...

CRM 1.2 Installation problem.
Hi all, I read many topics here and met the same situations I am facing.But no resolutions're right for me. So I post a new one with my hope anyone which had solved the problem could help me. I installed Microsoft CRM 1.2. After the installation, restarted, I could see in the Event viewer : 1. Crystal APS started and stopped. The error : The root server reported an error Initialization Failure. (Reason: Unable to connect to the database using the provided connection string. Reason: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot open database requested in login '_S_Software_Co...

Unintended Recipient #2
We are using Exchange 2003 with Outlook 2003 and we occassionally receive Undeliverable Notifications for mail that cannot be delivered to recipients whom we have not included in the "TO" box. I am guessing this means we have a problem with some sort of spoofing. My question is, what do we do about mail going to people we never sent mail to?--and what is causing it? Thanks "Laura" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We are using Exchange 2003 with Outlook 2003 and we >occassionally receive Undeliverable Notifications for >mail that cannot ...

print comments
hi please guide me to PRINT "comments" in an excel sheet. reg deepak Hi goto 'File - Pagesetup - sheet' and choose your option for printing comments -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Deepak" <deepak5142@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:#r9Cqj0PEHA.2716@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > hi > > please guide me to PRINT "comments" in an excel sheet. > > > reg > deepak > > CAN'T GET ANY OPTION REGARDING THAT.... PLZ DESCRIBE... Frank Kabel <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote in message news:#Ir1Wp0PEHA...

2 questions
Just bought the PC with Vista Home and IE7. There are 2 questions please. 1. I don't know how Microsoft Bing is on the browser toolbars. How can I get rid of it? 2. Icons on the desktop are somewhat too big. How can I reduce their size? TIA One answer. 1. Click the down arrow to the right of the search box and then Search Options-Change Search Defaults, highlight Bing and Remove. ....Alan -- Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows - Internet Explorer http://dts-l.com/index.htm On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 13:32:23 +0800, in microsoft.public.windows.v...

Email not working. Fails with error and Event ID 2
I just recently installed the Exchange email router and email is not working. I get "An unexpected error has occured.." when I try to send mail and this event gets logged in event viewer: Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft CRM Event Category: None Event ID: 2 Date: 4/25/2004 Time: 2:06:53 PM User: N/A Computer: 2003-SRV1 Description: MSCRM Platform Error Report: ----------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------- Error: <description>An unexpected error occurred.</description><details>An error occu...

GetTextExtentPoint32 #2
Hi, I have multiple problems here :( I have a short text in UNICODE and the text contains newlines as well (carriage return and newline) and it seems that GetTextExtentPoint32 doesn't take into account the newlines. So I broke the lines myself and checked which has the longest length. Also, for the "int cbString" parameter, if my text is "hello" and I pass 5, then it doesn't return the current width. I have to send 6. Yes, I do select my font in the HDC before calling this. Other problem! Interline spacing issue Lines are separated by a certain mount of pixels...

error 0X8004010F #2
Hi admins, I'm having the error 0X8004010F everytime I open MSOutlook or everutime I push the send/receive button. I followed the steps of Method 2 on article http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=905813 but the problem remains. What more can I do?? Thank you all very much, Filipa Gaudêncio ...

Comment font
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel When adding comments to a Word document, it does not appear to be possible to change either the font type or size of the comment text. The font options within the Toolbox have no effect on comments, and the Track Changes category within Preferences does not provide any options. Is some other method available? ...

IMF for Exchange 2003 #2
I would like to install and configure IMF for Exchange 2003. Can anyone tell me what resorces it uses (eg. how much extra memory is required)? Any server properly configured for SBS will be more than adequate to handle IMF. IMF does not add any perceivable increase in processor utilization or memory requirements. OTOH, my experience is that IMF alone is not enough to handle the full influx of spam. http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Microsoft-Exchange-Intelligent-Message-Filter.html http://msd2d.com/tips/EXIMFmyths.htm -- Kevin Weilbacher [SBS-MVP] "The days pass by so quickly...

SDK #2
Hi there i have to install VS 6.0 on XP with a SDK platform. the problem is what is a SDK platform. basicxly i would like to know were i can locate a copy of SDK to work with VS 6.0. and some instalation instrutions as well would be good Thanks Wisk See :- http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/sdkintro/sdkintro/devdoc_platform_software_development_kit_start_page.asp -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] http://www.voidnish.com http://blog.voidnish.com "wisk" <wisk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1E9DA98C-A198-47E5-A1D8-C4420B6AF28E@...

Microsoft CRM v1.2 Update: 840934 and another language
I need update 840934 for Polish language. ...

Blank Emails #2
All of a sudden starting this morning some emails where showing up with blank content, and the subject was intact but just no content, upon investigation I discovered that this is happening from any one that sends an email from aol and so far does not seem to be happening from other domains. This is happening to all clients of my exchage server, none of them are getting AOL emails correctly. and this just started, it has been working fine for along time now. Does any one know what I can do to be able to properly recieve emails comming from aol senders. Please help. and thank you...

Amortization Schedule #2
Which product of Microsoft Money out of either Premium 2005, Delux 2005, or Standard 2005 will allow you to be able to create an Amortization Schedule to figure out some loan costs. I think this was answered before, so you might want to check on replies to your first message. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny or http://money.mvps.org/faq for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your product wishes see http://money.mvps.org/wishes.aspx I do not respond to any unsolicited email regar...

Excel 2002 Comments Box
How do I change the size of the comments box? Thanks If you're asking about the Insert - Comment comment box, you can drag each side to wherever you want. HTH Otto "DLC" <dlcopesr@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1189sshps7cmu8f@corp.supernews.com... > How do I change the size of the comments box? > > Thanks > ...

2 sites / 2 exchange servers / 1 domain name / 1 db
We have a site in NY, a site in MN, is it possible with exch2003 server to have seperate servers at each site, using the same domain name and the same or replicating databases? The reason I ask is because with 5.5 it wasn't possible. Any help/thoughts is appreciated. -Dan Hello Dan, It's possible to have 2 separate Exchange servers (1 at each site) to service the same domain name, as long as both sites are part of the same AD forest. As far as sharing a database, or replicating databases, this isn't possible. You could have one database and allow the site with fewer us...

countif formula #2
Could I have help with this formula: In SHEET1, if G2="Hire" and A2="08-2004" and D2="Manager", then count how many records there are and put that in SHEET2 Cell H2. Note: A2 on SHEET1 is formatted as MM-YYYY (not sure if this makes a difference). Thanks in advance. and where are the records? -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "jh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5f5001c48239$069b8a20$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Could I have help with this formula: > > In SHEET1, if G2="Hire" and A2=...

lost password #2
Hi I have forgotten a password of the worksheet I protected. Now after long time when I tried to unprotect it I just could not unprotect it. Could someone help me please overcome this problem. Please. Thank you Gina http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html Regards, Peo Sjoblom "GINA" wrote: > Hi > > I have forgotten a password of the worksheet I protected. Now after long > time when I tried to unprotect it I just could not unprotect it. Could > someone help me please overcome this problem. Please. > > Thank you > Gina > > &g...

Mailbox permissions #2
Hi, I have recently installed Exchange 2003 which is working fine. But we had to make a few modifications were the users need to open a single mailbox (sales) as well as there own and be able to send from both. I set up the clients so they open the sales mailbox as default (this is the most important one)and there own mailbox as a secondary. They can send mail from sales ok but cannot send any mail using there own email addresses, they get NDRs saying they dont have permission to send to recepient, any pointers would be greatly appriciated. thanks in advance "Chris" <c...

Insertted JPG. as comment. where is the source of picture
Howdy! I have inserted a picture as a comment to treat picture as data. It seems to be working but where is actual copy of the picture (assumeing I erased the original pics from hard drive). Thanks fo yall's input -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com It's stored in the workbook file. You'll see the size of the workbook file increase as you put pictures in it. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "ifew552 >" <<ifew552.16zpni@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:if...

How do I have a formula refer to the most recent entry in a row #2
I am using a spreadsheet to compile monthly results for my company. Some of these results are a YTD status measurement that uses the results from the most recently completed month. Is there a way to have the YTD cell refer to the most recently entered cell in a row? Not exactly sure if this is what your asking, but lets say your YTD value is in col a, row 6, you can reference whatever value is in col c, row 6 by using the following formula: col a, row 6 + (or =) col c, row 6. -- tenaj "sm7301" wrote: > I am using a spreadsheet to compile monthly results for my company...

tabs #2
When I use my tab button, instead of moving to the next cell to the right it jumps from column A to M then Y then AK etc. How can i turn this off and get the tab button to move only one square. I have read on these forums where people want to jump many columns but my complaint is just the opposite. Ian, Tools - Options - Transition. Uncheck Transition navigation keys. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Ian Sly" <Ian Sly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7246A62A-2B2A-4135-B723-8ECFCAD948...

Exchange 5.5 Migration #2
Hi, We are running the Exchange 5.5 with Windows NT now. I few weeks time, we will going to migration the Exchange 5.5 to Windows 2000 Server. Is there any procedure or document that I can find in order to perform this migration? Thank You. Chiew Mann In-place migration or on new hardware? Chiew Mann wrote: > Hi, > > We are running the Exchange 5.5 with Windows NT now. I > few weeks time, we will going to migration the Exchange > 5.5 to Windows 2000 Server. > > Is there any procedure or document that I can find in > order to perform this migration? > > T...

Comments in shapes
Using Visio 2003, I would like to be able to embed (not sure that is the correct word) into shapes in flowcharts, so that the comment is invisible until I roll the mouse over the shape. When you roll over the shape, I wish to have the comment appear. I cant figure out how to do it. Thanks Carl On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 17:22:00 -0800, Carl <Carl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Using Visio 2003, >I would like to be able to embed (not sure that is the correct word) into >shapes in flowcharts, so that the comment is invisible until I roll the mouse >over the shape. Whe...

Comments
In Excel 2000, I know you can print a worksheet's comments at the end of the worksheet. Is there any way to capture the comments and put them in a worksheet of their own? ...