Comment Flag Color

Is it possible to change the color of the cell comment flag from default red
to some other color?  IF so please tell me how.
0
Rocky (6)

No, there is no way to change the color of the comment indicator
flag.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"rocky" <rocky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to change the color of the cell comment flag
> from default red
> to some other color?  IF so please tell me how.

0
chip1 (1821)
5/25/2005 4:52:48 PM
You might try the work-around on this site:
http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Colour
--
Sincerely, Michael Colvin

"Chip Pearson" wrote:

> No, there is no way to change the color of the comment indicator
> flag.
>

> --
> Cordially,
> Chip Pearson
> Microsoft MVP - Excel
> Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
> www.cpearson.com
>

> "rocky" <rocky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is it possible to change the color of the cell comment flag
> > from default red
> > to some other color?  IF so please tell me how.

0
Michael5492 (655)

Mail Merge and Bulk EMail Flag
When doing a mail merge from CRM within the Outlook Client; Do the administrative flags for a Contact (or Account) such as Bulk Email (Allow, Do Not Allow) have any effect at all??? -- Rick McShane System Source Yes. When the doe not allow flag is set on one of these items, Mail Merge will not send bulk emails to those Accounts or Contacts. Note: In the CRM System Settings (only available to System Administrators or Customizers) in the Marketing Tab, make sure the Bulk Email Option is selected, so the mail merge will work properly. -- Arne Marquez Microsoft Dynamics CRM This posti...

Flags #3
Is there anyway to affect flags for multiple contacts at the same time? - Outllook 2003. -- Guy Lapierre www.forefrontbusinesssolutions.com ...

Default screen color
Does anyone know if the default screen color can be changed in Excel? Bright white is very hard on the eyes. I know you can change the color of grid lines, etc. But it seems like this should be an option Thanking you in advance Select cells (click on the area to the left of A and above 1) format>cells>patterns>select what you like use the fill color box on the tollbar -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Sheila" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C89C0E6D-E832-4599-8401-E5EE43BBE5C3@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know if ...

print comments
hi please guide me to PRINT "comments" in an excel sheet. reg deepak Hi goto 'File - Pagesetup - sheet' and choose your option for printing comments -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Deepak" <deepak5142@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:#r9Cqj0PEHA.2716@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > hi > > please guide me to PRINT "comments" in an excel sheet. > > > reg > deepak > > CAN'T GET ANY OPTION REGARDING THAT.... PLZ DESCRIBE... Frank Kabel <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote in message news:#Ir1Wp0PEHA...

Comment font
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel When adding comments to a Word document, it does not appear to be possible to change either the font type or size of the comment text. The font options within the Toolbox have no effect on comments, and the Track Changes category within Preferences does not provide any options. Is some other method available? ...

Excel 2002 Comments Box
How do I change the size of the comments box? Thanks If you're asking about the Insert - Comment comment box, you can drag each side to wherever you want. HTH Otto "DLC" <dlcopesr@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1189sshps7cmu8f@corp.supernews.com... > How do I change the size of the comments box? > > Thanks > ...

Insertted JPG. as comment. where is the source of picture
Howdy! I have inserted a picture as a comment to treat picture as data. It seems to be working but where is actual copy of the picture (assumeing I erased the original pics from hard drive). Thanks fo yall's input -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com It's stored in the workbook file. You'll see the size of the workbook file increase as you put pictures in it. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "ifew552 >" <<ifew552.16zpni@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:if...

Comments in shapes
Using Visio 2003, I would like to be able to embed (not sure that is the correct word) into shapes in flowcharts, so that the comment is invisible until I roll the mouse over the shape. When you roll over the shape, I wish to have the comment appear. I cant figure out how to do it. Thanks Carl On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 17:22:00 -0800, Carl <Carl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Using Visio 2003, >I would like to be able to embed (not sure that is the correct word) into >shapes in flowcharts, so that the comment is invisible until I roll the mouse >over the shape. Whe...

Comments
I want to replace the comment function with a picture/chart that will only show when i hover over the cell. Can this be done? please help. Check out Debra Dalgleish's site: http://contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Picture http://www.contextures.com/xlVideos01.html#CommentPicture hendrikb wrote: > > I want to replace the comment function with a picture/chart that will only > show when i hover over the cell. Can this be done? please help. -- Dave Peterson Thanks for the help, can I also drop in spreadsheets and graphs. This website only explain how to drop in jpeg. hendrik...

Formula for cell color?
Is there a formula I can use to determine the color that a cell has bee shaded? Or, if I want to for example count all cells in a row or colum that is red? Thanks! A -- atra ----------------------------------------------------------------------- atran's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2454 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=50651 Hi Atran, See xlDynamic's Colourcounter page at: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html --- Regards, Norman "atran" <atran.22gsny_113865300...

Comments
In Excel 2000, I know you can print a worksheet's comments at the end of the worksheet. Is there any way to capture the comments and put them in a worksheet of their own? ...

Hiding Comments from others
I want to add comments to a worksheet, but not allow others to read the comments. I have seen that you can keep others from editing, but can you keep others from seeing the comments? TIA, Carla Hirschfeld Probably not. But you may be able to fool some users by just: Tools|options|view tab| and check the None option button for Comments. (But you saw how easy it is to toggle that setting!) Carla Hirschfeld wrote: > > I want to add comments to a worksheet, but not allow others to read the > comments. I have seen that you can keep others from editing, but can you keep > others ...

Active Cell Color
The active cell has a black outline. Some of my users are having trouble seeing it. Is it possible to change the outline color of the active cell? "ClaireView" <froufle@notthishotmail.com> wrote in message news:6912B173-6871-440F-979F-90E4EF32A488@microsoft.com... > The active cell has a black outline. Some of my users are having trouble > seeing it. Is it possible to change the outline color of the active cell? Check this out. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/RowLiner.htm You may find it useful. A similar technique I use is Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange...

Changing cell colors
I am trying to change a cell color to either red, yellow or green if the data in the cell is greater than lets say 90 it would turn red. Less than 90 but greater than 80 yellow and less than 80 turn to red. Without using conditional formatting. Unless there is a way to conditional format the cell and have the conditional formatting move with the sorting of high to low. I can do the conditional formatting just fine but when I sort the conditional formatting stays with the cell it doesn't move with the sorting. Hi, That process is very simple. Microsoft Office 2007 has mad...

Comment question please
Excel 2003 When I insert a comment into a cell it automatically starts with my name and a colon. I have a single user machine and have no need for my name to print. I know there is a setting to shut off this feature but I cannot find it. Help please. -- Thanks in advance... Bob You can remove the name by deleting your name from: <Tools> <Option> <General> tab, And clearing the "User" window. However, this does *still* leave the colon. Debra Dalgleish has some code on her web site to make the box completely empty. http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments...

Commenting on comments
Hi, I have a sheet in which some of the cells are protected and some are left unlocked so that those cells could be edited. I have some comments in the protected cells which I want the users of the sheet to be able to read them. I have not kept the same to "show comment" as the comment is quite big and it will come in the way of some cells in which data is to be entered. I have 2002 and I have not checked "edit objects" in protection as I dont want anybody to insert comments in unprotected cells. So, is there some way users of this sheet can read the comments in the pro...

Not a question just a comment
Whats the piont of spending big bucks on a program package that you cant use wjhen some one sends a file from a different version and no way of upgrading you could say I am very PISSED OFF thanks bill and thanks microsoft what a waste of money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BDH <BDH@discussions.mi...

cell color if value greater than 3
Is there a way I can have excel mark a column or text RED if the valu inside the cell is higher than three -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Look at Format | Conditional Formatting... Regards Trevor "viveleroi0 >" <<viveleroi0.1c6jf8@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:viveleroi0.1c6jf8@excelforum-nospam.com... > Is there a way I can have excel mark a column or text RED if the value > inside the cell is higher than three? > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > Yes. Use conditional formatting for ...

Outlook Rule Flag Message
Is there a "Server" side rule that will flag a message in the mailbox? Thanks RanceHood No. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Rancehood" <Rancehood_No_Sp_am@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Oo9gkwX0EHA.3840@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Is there a "Server" side rule that will flag a message in the mailbox? > > Thanks > > RanceHood > > ...

Edit Comment erases part of screen; comment uneditable
I have a problem with a worksheet I've used for many years. Although I recently switched to Excel 2007, this had started to occur a while ago, with Excel 2000. If I hover on a cell containing a comment, the comment correctly appears next to the cell. But if I right-click and pick Edit Comment, the following happens: (See screenshot at http://www.blaqzone.com/Temp/ExcelCommentBug.gif) - A rectangular group of cells becomes entirely blank, except for red and green triangles. - The top-right cell in the blanked area flashes slowly. - The comment is nowhere to be seen, and cannot be ac...

Font color for negative numbers
Help...I have created a spread sheet and I need to change the font color to red on all the negarive numbers. I tried searching for but it doesnt' work. Help ahain..thx Select some of the cells that you wish to format this way, and from the Menu Bar, <Format> <Cells> <Number> tab, And click on "Custom", Scroll down and you'll see several formats with RED in them. Select one, and using that as a start sample, you should be able to get something you like. -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please kee...

sales line comments
When a comment is entered on sales line, the comment text is automatically split up into Comment_1, Comment_2 and so on. I am trying to populate the comments (CMMTTXT field) through sql into table SOP10202. However, I dont know how to populate the fields Comment_1, Comment_2 so that the CMMTTXT field is neatly broken into these sub fields. Jack, I haven't done it but it can easily be done in VB as follows and should be able to get done in SQL as well. I hope, someone else would come up with a better suggestion. Each COMMENT_x colum must not exceed 51 characters, so, count the numbe...

Why font color change back to black when I select a different cell
-- CCG Probably need to provide much more info to get a possible solution, however, there are those out there that may have experienced the same problem and perhaps will offer a solution... Give us some detail about your sheet. Just selecting another cell will not do much beyond an event code of Worksheet_Change or Worksheet_SelectionChange or Worksheet_Calculate...? Regards Howard "Cody" <twinsister@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:C0D453B7-8FCD-44E7-B48F-991990BB1662@microsoft.com... > > -- > CCG ...

comment
iam using a vlookup formula. i have 2 sheet, in one sheet i have database in second sheet i type the entry but in some entry i have to use comment, but this comment does not reflect in the sheet 1 (original data base) only the entries reflect pls help. I assume you are using the VLOOKUP formula .....which does not transfer CommentBoxes or Formats, only cell values.....you could put the comments in an adjacent cell and bring them in with an additional VLOOKUP formula. hth Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "hitesh" wrote: > iam using a vlookup formula. > > i have 2 sh...

Comments: their positioning when activated
Is there a way to "set" a comments position when it is activated (that is, when "it's" cell position is clicked, or hovered over with the mouse). It is possible to specify the way a comment is positioned by editing and then dragging it to the desired position but it only "sticks" when selecting show comment rather than it's "normal" behaviour. TIA Ian AFAIK, no one has discovered a way to change the default popup position of the comment. Ian Jones wrote: > Is there a way to "set" a comments position when it is > activ...