Comment edit, fails to exit

A comment for a cell has been edited and now will not exit.  Clic
outside cell, explicit edit in context menu, even closing/reopenin
Excel does not help.  The comment may be moved and edited as usual an
hovering over the cell displays the comment in the usual fashion, bu
the )(*&#%*&%# comment will not close.  The file has two worksheets an
this worksheet has 136 rows and 10 columns.  The comment has 12 lines.
The context menu for the text of the comment always displays "exit edi
text" but that for the text box changes to "edit text" when "exit edi
text" is clicked.  Freeze/unfreeze panes has no effect

If "Comment & Indicator" is selected under Tools, Options, View change it to
something else.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
|A comment for a cell has been edited and now will not exit.  Click
| outside cell, explicit edit in context menu, even closing/reopening
| Excel does not help.  The comment may be moved and edited as usual and
| hovering over the cell displays the comment in the usual fashion, but
| the )(*&#%*&%# comment will not close.  The file has two worksheets and
| this worksheet has 136 rows and 10 columns.  The comment has 12 lines.
| The context menu for the text of the comment always displays "exit edit
| text" but that for the text box changes to "edit text" when "exit edit
| text" is clicked.  Freeze/unfreeze panes has no effect.
|

| ---
| Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/

0
jrrech (1933)

Global edit of mutiple transactions
In my bank register I have many identical bank deposit transactions each of which needs the same split of categories, i.e. gross salary, housing, auto allowance, etc. Is there a way in Money 07 to change all of these transactions at once? Nope. "Superior Shepherd" <Superior Shepherd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:38B43DE3-F10A-4249-9BE0-42C03658AA98@microsoft.com... > In my bank register I have many identical bank deposit transactions each > of > which needs the same split of categories, i.e. gross salary, housing, auto > allowance, etc. Is ...

print comments
hi please guide me to PRINT "comments" in an excel sheet. reg deepak Hi goto 'File - Pagesetup - sheet' and choose your option for printing comments -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Deepak" <deepak5142@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:#r9Cqj0PEHA.2716@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > hi > > please guide me to PRINT "comments" in an excel sheet. > > > reg > deepak > > CAN'T GET ANY OPTION REGARDING THAT.... PLZ DESCRIBE... Frank Kabel <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote in message news:#Ir1Wp0PEHA...

Event ID 9554
Hello, I"m getting the following error: Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 9554 Date: 10/11/2005 Time: 1:33:15 PM User: N/A Computer: !@#$!# Description: Unable to update Mailbox SD in the DS. Mailbox Guid: 3b5b90b3-9fcd-4540-9858-d13d6498e9e1. Error Code 0x8004010f For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 3b 5b 90 b3 - 9fcd - 4540 -9858 - d13d6498e9e1 \b3\90\5b\3b\cd\9f\40\45\98\58\d1\3d\64\98\e9\e1 (msE...

error message Operation failed. An object could not be found
I not have Microsoft Outlook and would like to use it instead of Outlook Express. I followed all the instructions for moving information from Outlook Express to Microsoft Outlook and it all moved. I cannot send or received messages through Microsoft outlook. You need to set your "account" up. What version of Outlook do you use? Who is your ISP? (Internet Service Provider) -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Bonnie" <bholland3@kc.rr.com> wrote in message news:053c01c39520$15b2b030$a401280a@phx.gbl... I not have Microsoft Outlook and would like to use it i...

Operation Failed-Send/Receive
I wonder if anyone can help me with this one- For some reason when I press Send/Receive, I now get an operation failed message This has only just started with no problems before I even tried uninstalling & reinstall office, but the problem is still there If I go into tools then send from there, it's fine, but thats no good for auto send/receive Many Thanks in advance John John I have experienced the same problem over the last 3 days. Don't have an solution but wanted to let you know that you are not alone. I have 12 incoming messages but it is hanging on the first one and I...

Can't edit charts
For some reason, I can't edit any of the charts in an Excel 2007 file. I can't left-click or righ-click. Is the file "shared"? Are sheet grouped together? Have the sheets or charts been protected? Advanced Excel Conference - June 17-18 2009 - Charting and Programming http://peltiertech.com/Training/2009-06-ACNJ/AdvExcelConf200906ACNJ.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/ _______ "Anawynn" <Anawynn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FAB71D11-1CE5-4175-B4FF-BD9292C187A3@microsof...

eDITING A SHEET
LAST NIGHT I WAS WORKING ON A EXCEL SHHET AS i WAS i DID SOMETHING AND NOW i CANNT EDIT THE SHEET ON MY LAPTOP. i TOOK IT TO WORK AND CAN EDIT THERE. cAN ANYBODY TELL ME WHAT i DID AND HOW TO FIX IT.ROGER Can you at least open the file? If so, you might have just protected the workbook/sheet. Try going to Tools-> Protection to see if you can unprotect the file. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "ROGER" wrote: > LAST NIGHT I WAS WORKING ON A EXCEL SHHET AS i WAS i DID SOMETHING AND NOW i > CANNT EDIT THE SHEET ON MY...

Comment font
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel When adding comments to a Word document, it does not appear to be possible to change either the font type or size of the comment text. The font options within the Toolbox have no effect on comments, and the Track Changes category within Preferences does not provide any options. Is some other method available? ...

KB 824282 update causes IS to fail
Has anyone had problems using the update from KB 824282? I teach an Exchange class and consistently find that this update causes the IS and MTA services to no longer run. This is an eval copy of Exchange, however all other patches to the server and to Exchange have been applied. The error reports a problem with REAPI.DLL. Thanks ...

Excel 2002 Comments Box
How do I change the size of the comments box? Thanks If you're asking about the Insert - Comment comment box, you can drag each side to wherever you want. HTH Otto "DLC" <dlcopesr@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1189sshps7cmu8f@corp.supernews.com... > How do I change the size of the comments box? > > Thanks > ...

Insertted JPG. as comment. where is the source of picture
Howdy! I have inserted a picture as a comment to treat picture as data. It seems to be working but where is actual copy of the picture (assumeing I erased the original pics from hard drive). Thanks fo yall's input -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com It's stored in the workbook file. You'll see the size of the workbook file increase as you put pictures in it. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "ifew552 >" <<ifew552.16zpni@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:if...

Is Small Business edition Deluxe+SB?
Hi, Is the Small Business edition the Deluxe edition plus small business features, or one of the other editions? It appears it does contain the Premier features even though it is still unclear what exactly they are. DAE >-----Original Message----- >Small Business Edition (SBE) is just the renamed Money Deluxe & Business. >Now it is unclear whether it has the Premium features (whatever they are) >this year. > >DAE > >"Cristof Falk" <cfalk2@earthlink.net> wrote in message >news:%23zJZT30SDHA.3188@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... >> Hi, >> ...

word showing 2nd blank page when trying to exit
Word 2003 very slow loading, when trying to exit shows a second blank page also slowly For general troubleshooting, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ProblemsStartingWord.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "bturner" <bturner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A875937A-1630-4BF3-A2C1-37A8E24F84D5@microsoft.com... > Word 2003 very slow loading, when trying to exit shows a second blank page > also slowly ...

Comments in shapes
Using Visio 2003, I would like to be able to embed (not sure that is the correct word) into shapes in flowcharts, so that the comment is invisible until I roll the mouse over the shape. When you roll over the shape, I wish to have the comment appear. I cant figure out how to do it. Thanks Carl On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 17:22:00 -0800, Carl <Carl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Using Visio 2003, >I would like to be able to embed (not sure that is the correct word) into >shapes in flowcharts, so that the comment is invisible until I roll the mouse >over the shape. Whe...

Outlook 2007 Task Pane: Operation Failed. An object could not be found
I just noticed recently that the task preview pane located in the To-Do-Bar area, and also under the calendar view page was blank with the words "Operation Failed. An object could not be found." There have been no major changes to my operating system and I did not install any add-ons to Outlook or Office. Any ideas? Andrew Did you try Office Diagnostics (Help menu) ? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outl...

Edit record after FindFirst in CDaoRecordset
I am trying to edit a CDaoRecordset that is open dynaset. The online doc. for FindFirst said: "If Find returns nonzero, the current record is not defined. In this case, you must position the current record pointer back to a valid record." I take this to mean that I need to do a MovePrev() before I edit the record, but this seem not to be right. I edit the wrong record or throw an exception. What is the right way to edit a record after a FindFirst(). Thanks "David Briggs" <dlbriggs1729@yahoo.com> ???????/???????? ? ???????? ?????????: news:376a9322.0408020810.28c...

Comments
In Excel 2000, I know you can print a worksheet's comments at the end of the worksheet. Is there any way to capture the comments and put them in a worksheet of their own? ...

Comments
I want to replace the comment function with a picture/chart that will only show when i hover over the cell. Can this be done? please help. Check out Debra Dalgleish's site: http://contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Picture http://www.contextures.com/xlVideos01.html#CommentPicture hendrikb wrote: > > I want to replace the comment function with a picture/chart that will only > show when i hover over the cell. Can this be done? please help. -- Dave Peterson Thanks for the help, can I also drop in spreadsheets and graphs. This website only explain how to drop in jpeg. hendrik...

Hiding Comments from others
I want to add comments to a worksheet, but not allow others to read the comments. I have seen that you can keep others from editing, but can you keep others from seeing the comments? TIA, Carla Hirschfeld Probably not. But you may be able to fool some users by just: Tools|options|view tab| and check the None option button for Comments. (But you saw how easy it is to toggle that setting!) Carla Hirschfeld wrote: > > I want to add comments to a worksheet, but not allow others to read the > comments. I have seen that you can keep others from editing, but can you keep > others ...

Import from OE Failed
I am trying to import messages from Outlook Express into a new installation of Outlook on behalf of a client. Unfortunately the client was using her OE to hold approximately 20,000 emails so obviously the import took a long time and was therefore left running overnight. When she came back to her PC in the morning, the import LOOKED as if it was successful but unfortunately the import message count indicated otherwise as it appeared that only part of the OE messages were imported i.e. 14,000 out of 20,000 successful. Any ideas? Also I now understand that one of the OE folders has totally di...

Commenting on comments
Hi, I have a sheet in which some of the cells are protected and some are left unlocked so that those cells could be edited. I have some comments in the protected cells which I want the users of the sheet to be able to read them. I have not kept the same to "show comment" as the comment is quite big and it will come in the way of some cells in which data is to be entered. I have 2002 and I have not checked "edit objects" in protection as I dont want anybody to insert comments in unprotected cells. So, is there some way users of this sheet can read the comments in the pro...

Edit Menu not working
Hello, One of our users is experiencing an odd problem within Great Plains (v7.5). As of this morning, his entire Edit menu is not working, consequently he cannot even use keyboard commands like CTRL+C or CTRL+V (which he uses often). What could have caused this? - No changes have been made to his account to my knowledge, as I say, it was ok on Friday afternoon. Is there anything I should be looking for in Advanced Security or elsewhere to reset this option? Many thanks PX Hello Px, Here is how I would try and pinpoint the problem, 1. did this user experience similar behavior in ot...

Money 2006 Crashes on Exit #2
Hey - What happened to my post? It is no longer in the group. Money is still crashing. Any ideas what I can do? Someone asked if I did a repair of the data file. Yes I did and it does not help. Should I reinstall? Will that help? Also when was the last time MS did an update to Money? I have vers 15.0, is that the latest? Tony ...

Easier way to get Edit Menu to work?
It my understanding that I have to write a little code in order to get the edit menu to work. I am responsible for enabling and disabling menu items, for instance, among other things. Is this really necessary? Copy/Edit/Paste already work using the keyboard shortcuts and by right clicking the mouse, so can the edit menu just be told to work the same? I forget to mention I am just using one edit control in my program, so it's just text. If you use a CEditView, then they're enabled. If you use a normal CView-derived view, they're not. The reason is the controlling view: in a n...

Comment question please
Excel 2003 When I insert a comment into a cell it automatically starts with my name and a colon. I have a single user machine and have no need for my name to print. I know there is a setting to shut off this feature but I cannot find it. Help please. -- Thanks in advance... Bob You can remove the name by deleting your name from: <Tools> <Option> <General> tab, And clearing the "User" window. However, this does *still* leave the colon. Debra Dalgleish has some code on her web site to make the box completely empty. http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments...