Comment box name

I'm using Excel 2003 and use comment boxes extensively. Each time I
open/iinsert a new comment box, a name appears that is not mine. How can I
change this to have my name appear each time I open/insert a new comment box?
0
hruzam (1)

Tools>Options>General>User Name.

Enter your name in the dialog box.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 07:57:04 -0800, hruzam <hruzam@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I'm using Excel 2003 and use comment boxes extensively. Each time I
>open/iinsert a new comment box, a name appears that is not mine. How can I
>change this to have my name appear each time I open/insert a new comment box?

0
Gord

Drop down box problem
Please can someone help me!!! I am trying to inset a drop down box int an excel spreadsheet but haven't got a clue whether I use a list box o a combo box. I want it to display first, second, third, fourth in th drop down menu so that the user can sleect one of these. The thing is don't know how to put the values in the box! Your help would be muc appreciated! :- -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi use the Data / Validation - List option ... click in the cell where you want the drop down, choose Data / Validation from the menu, choose List, and in the source line ty...

Tick box how do i? plz
Hi Folks, I have a spreadsheet that I want to put a tick box coloumn into to show whether I need to reprocess an item. Can some kind person tell me how thank you. Mike Got it sorted thnx "Nevyn" wrote: > Hi Folks, > I have a spreadsheet that I want to put a tick box coloumn into to show > whether I need to reprocess an item. Can some kind person tell me how thank > you. > Mike ...

conversion file dialog box
Every time I open Outlook 2002, the file conversion dialog box opens along with Word and eventually an error message. Does anyone know how to turn this off? What file conversion dialog? Post the exact dialog that appears. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, frustrated asked: | Every time I open Outlook 2002, the file conversion | dialog box opens along ...

Check box problem
I want to include a check box in a form I have created. It appears that to make the box checkable by users, i.e. by clicking on it, I have to lock the table/form. However, doing this prevents anyone entering text on the others parts of the table/form. Is there any way to make the box checkable without rendering the rest of the form locked please? (One workaround is to double click the box and click on the Checked option. However, this is not really a very user friendly solution for what surely should be simple.) V For a form that includes check boxes, you must add text f...

Scroll to specific list box entry
I am trying to scroll to a specific line entry in a multi-select list box in response to a user-input search criterion (in a separate text box) so that the desired record becomes visible to the user. I can locate the matching record and determine the line number, but I can't find a VBA method to scroll to reposition the record. My intent is to enable a user to enter the beginning character(s) to locate the section of entries that begin with the user search criterion. From that position, the user can then select the entries of choice. I will appreciate any help. Richard Here a...

Count unique names in a list
hi How do I count a list of names, some names appear more than once. I only want to count unique names. I use excel 2007 Thanks Cassie One way... =SUMPRODUCT((A2:A20<>"")/COUNTIF(A2:A20,A2:A20&"")) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Cassie" <Cassie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B610A13C-FAF8-46EF-A63C-AAE88EEFB89F@microsoft.com... > hi > How do I count a list of names, some names appear more than once. I only > want to count unique names. > I use excel 2007 > Thanks > Cassie For ...

company split
Hi all, hoping to get some advice on this, the company i work for consists of two divisions who are effectively looking to split, and do there own thing. But initially will continue to share resources such as IT. Is it possible in exchange to allow them both to have there own email addresses such as name@company1 and name@company2 and to hide these so that relevant individuals only see the names of users relevent to there division/company in their address book. Effectively what i need to be able to do is run 2 seperate companies from one exchange box. bearing in mind that both compani...

Comment Bug? Excel 2002
Using Excel 2002, I have a spreadsheet with many cells and comments. (lets say 400 rows and 10 columns, with commenst all over) I made 5 seperate groups (lets say rows 1-50, 53-103, 106-156, 160 - 210, etc.) When I expand a group, do some editing , add a comment or edit a comment, collapse the group, and come back to the cell later, sometimes the comment boxes for the cells are moved very far away, and their size is distorted (flattened to a thin line or squished to a single character wide). Is this a bug with the group function, when collapsing un collapsing data? Is there some option I c...

Form with an unbound combo box.
I´m trying to create a database but I take some examples from Inside Out 2007 by Viescas.I create a tblTeams ( TeamID,TeamName) tblPlayers(PlayerID) and tblTeamPlayers(TeamID,TeamName,PlayerID). I create a form based on qryplayers and I need a combobox "unbound?" called TeamName based on qlkqTeams but when I try to open the combobox always shows the TeamID instead of TeamName. In the sample database "Contacts" from Viescas the CompanyName is display in the combobox CompanyID. I don´t really Know how this happen.Can anybody give me an idea of how this...

Import CSV from Open Dialog box Confirmation
Hi. I got my command button to bring up an open dialog box, where the user will select the CSV file to be imported. After the user finds the file to be imported, I want a MsgBox that asks the user to confirm that the specific file be imported. For example, the user selects SCO.csv to import and clicks a okay. A Msgbox should popup "Are you sure you want to import SCO.csv" with a Yes button and a No button. I'm not sure if this is even possible, but if so could someone please guide me. If they click No, then the process should just cancel. Assume strFileName is the variable wit...

updating and underlying table field with a combo box selection
I want to use an ID value from a combo box on a subform to update the same ID value in the form's underlying table. My main form is: frm_Street_Joiner_Main My Subform is: frm_Street_Joiner_Sub My Subform table is: tbl_Street_Joiner My Mainform is: frm_Street_Joiner_Main The combo box on my subform is called: StreetName, with a column count of two but the bound column is the actual street name. SELECT QRY_Street_Names_Joiner_Master.Street_Names, QRY_Street_Names_Joiner_Master.StreetNameID FROM QRY_Street_Names_Joiner_Master ORDER BY QRY_Street_Names_Joiner_Master.Street_Names, QR...

File names
How do I remove changed (no longer relevant) file names from my File list? You can go to Tools--Options and specify the Recently Used File List as 1 (minimum). Press OK and this will then then clear it out so that only the last file opened is in there. Go back to Tools--Options and change that number back to whatever you'd like it to be, for example 4. This will then make it repopulate that list as you open files, up to the number that you specified, in this example 4. HTH, Katherine "Robert W." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:017f01c39806...

Linking comments
Is there any way to link comments from once cell to another. When you link the contents of one cell to another, is there anyway to capture the comments as well. How about a userdefined function: Option Explicit Function EchoComment(FCell As Range) As Variant Application.Volatile With Application.Caller If .Comment Is Nothing Then 'do nothing Else .Comment.Delete End If If FCell.Comment Is Nothing Then 'do nothing Else .AddComment Text:=FCell.Comment.Text End If End...

Break up a name
Hello, I ahve a list of names, with middle initials, that I need to break up. For example the names are formatted like the following: Bayer, Daniel E. I need help with three results: the fist is the first name only; the second is the last name only. And the third, I know I can merge the results for the first and last name, but if there is a formula that will bring out the first and last together I would love to learn what that formula is. Thanks for the help. Jim Text to columns, separate on the comma. then text to columns separate on space. Jim wrote: > Hel...

Replacing a subdirectory name in a macro
I am currently running a macro that every time I run the macro I have t replace the name of a subdirectory that a file is saving to. Is ther anyway I can name a cell in ecel that has the subdiectory's name store in it, and get the macro to accept that name in the address that th file is being saved to -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, Dim TodaysFolder as String TodaysFolder=cells(1,1).value 'cell A1. You should add the workbook & sheet names to make 'sure it's the right one ThisWorkbook.SaveAs "c:\thisfolder\andthatfloder\" & TodaysFolde...

Remembering User name and Domain when logging on
Hi there, I have setup outlook users that log onto domain A but take their user accounts and exchange server from Domain B. The users log into windows and when they load outlook are prompted for a user name, domain and password. (created in services/exchange server and turning of security) Problem is half of the machines dont remember the user name and domain, and the other half do! its not a version problem cos it happens with 97.04, 97.02 and 2000. I would perfair all users to just have to enter a password can anyone help? ...

POP3 server names
where do i find the outgoing and incoming server names to set up an e-mail account? From your ISP. Windows Mail: Setting up an account from start to finish http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Windows-Mail-setting-up-an-account-from-start-to-finish -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "lisa law" <lisal@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:e%23ao63%236KHA.356@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > where do i find the outgoing and incoming server names to set up an > e-mail account? You get the correct ma...

Option Buttons in Group Box
I have two group boxes with two option buttons in each(from the Forms Tool bar) Is there any way to make the group boxes invisible. I would like to have only the option buttons showing on the worksheet. Set the BorderColor to the same color as the BackColor, and change the SpecialEffect setting to 0 (fmSpecialEffectFlat). -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "JAMES T." <sylvester1501@peoplepc.com> wrote in message news:1111518141.249157.66540@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... >I have two group boxes with t...

How to write multiple Name space
Can someone show me how to write the following fragment out, using xmlwriter. Thanks <Message key="comp" xmlns="http://www.xxx.com" xmlns:j="http://www.yyy.com"> </Message> Phil Hunt wrote: > Can someone show me how to write the following fragment out, using > xmlwriter. Thanks > > > > <Message key="comp" xmlns="http://www.xxx.com" > xmlns:j="http://www.yyy.com"> > </Message> Write the 'Message' element in its namespace 'http://www.xxx.com', then write tw...

saving with name from cell #3
That one works perfectly!! Thanks again! Dank u de veer!! Ja -- jama ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jamaz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1663 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31504 You are welcome -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "jamaz" <jamaz.1fxv5b@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:jamaz.1fxv5b@excelforum-nospam.com... > > That one works perfectly!! > > Thanks again! > > Dank u de veer!! > >...

Can I change line numer or column name
I'd like to change my line numbers to specific salespeople and column names to specific months. Does anyone know if thats possible and how to do it? Thanks Dave, you can't change the ones in excel but you can put your own in row 1 and column A, then you can hide the row and column headers if you want, tools options, view, uncheck row and column headers -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Dave Bonneville&q...

hide dialog box application
I want to hide dialog box application. Overriding OnWindowShow of the main dialog class, and inside calling ShowWindow for hiding, does nothing. Doing so inside OnPaint works, but causes annoying flicker. Can someone advise please? Regards Marom See my essay on dialog box applications on my MVP Tips site (Nish gave me permission to reproduce his technique in my essay, and I link to his site as well) joe On Tue, 26 Dec 2006 22:57:44 +0200, "Marom" <kmarom@miran.net> wrote: >I want to hide dialog box application. Overriding OnWindowShow of the main >dialog ...

edit a comment while protect sheet is on the cell is unprotected
i want other useres to b able to enter /edit a comment in an unprotected cell when protect sheet is on When protecting the sheet enable "Edit Objects" in the allow users to list. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 4 Feb 2010 10:20:02 -0800, Rubber 4 u <Rubber4u@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i want other useres to b able to enter /edit a comment in an unprotected cell >when protect sheet is on ...

Display Name that E-Mail Recipients See
re: Outlook 2003 When I send e-mail to people, in the FROM FIELD, they only see my complete e-mail address. The e-mail address is NOT preceeded by a "friendly" display name, as one might expect. As per MS Office Online Assistance at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011507601033.aspx I have ensured that I have the friendly name I want showing in the YOUR NAME field under USER INFORMATION under TOOLS|E-MAIL ACCOUNTS. This does not solve the problem. I can temporarily solve it, per individual e-mail message, by selecting HAVE REPLIES SENT TO under MESSAGE OPTIONS a...

HOW TO FIX SIZE OF CHART BOX
I have many charts and their size (width and length) is not same. Is there a command to give/specify the size of the chart box? -- Rasoul Khoshravan Azar Kobe University, Kobe, Japan ...