Comment Box #2

Hi,
(Excel 2002, Win XP)
Can I set up Excel so that when I write a comment it does not show the User
name at all in the comment box?
I tried to just clear the name in the option under Tools/Options but it then
defaults to User as defined in Windows.
Tx,
S


0
saturnin02 (56)
2/25/2004 10:37:50 PM
excel.misc 78881 articles. 5 followers. Follow

6 Replies
763 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 3

Hi

See Debra's tip
http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#User

-- 
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1  XL2000-2003)
www.rondebruin.nl



"saturnin02" <saturnin02@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uQSXCA$%23DHA.2348@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
> (Excel 2002, Win XP)
> Can I set up Excel so that when I write a comment it does not show the User
> name at all in the comment box?
> I tried to just clear the name in the option under Tools/Options but it then
> defaults to User as defined in Windows.
> Tx,
> S
>
>


0
rondebruin (3789)
2/25/2004 10:50:39 PM
Tx for the tip.
It is kind of complex for me (VBA Newbie) but I guess I could do the Macros
suggested and have buttons on my tool bar....

"Ron de Bruin" <rondebruin@kabelfoon.nl> wrote in message
news:#uAUSH$#DHA.2524@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Hi
>
> See Debra's tip
> http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#User
>
> --
> Regards Ron de Bruin
> (Win XP Pro SP-1  XL2000-2003)
> www.rondebruin.nl
>
>
>
> "saturnin02" <saturnin02@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:uQSXCA$%23DHA.2348@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> > Hi,
> > (Excel 2002, Win XP)
> > Can I set up Excel so that when I write a comment it does not show the
User
> > name at all in the comment box?
> > I tried to just clear the name in the option under Tools/Options but it
then
> > defaults to User as defined in Windows.
> > Tx,
> > S
> >
> >
>
>


0
saturnin02 (56)
2/25/2004 11:00:56 PM
Hi Saturnin02!

If you don't like vba approaches suggested by Debra, you can just
manually change your User Name in Tools > Options > General

-- 
Regards
Norman Harker MVP (Excel)
Sydney, Australia
njharker@optusnet.com.au
Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments)
available free to good homes.
"saturnin02" <saturnin02@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:uY588M$%23DHA.552@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Tx for the tip.
> It is kind of complex for me (VBA Newbie) but I guess I could do the
Macros
> suggested and have buttons on my tool bar....
>
> "Ron de Bruin" <rondebruin@kabelfoon.nl> wrote in message
> news:#uAUSH$#DHA.2524@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> > Hi
> >
> > See Debra's tip
> > http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#User
> >
> > --
> > Regards Ron de Bruin
> > (Win XP Pro SP-1  XL2000-2003)
> > www.rondebruin.nl
> >
> >
> >
> > "saturnin02" <saturnin02@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:uQSXCA$%23DHA.2348@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> > > Hi,
> > > (Excel 2002, Win XP)
> > > Can I set up Excel so that when I write a comment it does not
show the
> User
> > > name at all in the comment box?
> > > I tried to just clear the name in the option under Tools/Options
but it
> then
> > > defaults to User as defined in Windows.
> > > Tx,
> > > S
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>


0
njharker (1646)
2/25/2004 11:10:28 PM
Yes Norman.
You're right but I hate having to manually do it everytime I open Excel.
It'd be nice to have the macros and toolbar buttons.
I dt even kow how to copy and paste the VBA code on her site.
Actually, how DO I do it?
I mean WHERE do I paste the code--in VBA editor, under VBA Projects/This
Workbook, for example?
S

"Norman Harker" <njharker@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
news:Oz6rRS$#DHA.3232@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Hi Saturnin02!
>
> If you don't like vba approaches suggested by Debra, you can just
> manually change your User Name in Tools > Options > General
>
> --
> Regards
> Norman Harker MVP (Excel)
> Sydney, Australia
> njharker@optusnet.com.au
> Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments)
> available free to good homes.
> "saturnin02" <saturnin02@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:uY588M$%23DHA.552@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> > Tx for the tip.
> > It is kind of complex for me (VBA Newbie) but I guess I could do the
> Macros
> > suggested and have buttons on my tool bar....
> >
> > "Ron de Bruin" <rondebruin@kabelfoon.nl> wrote in message
> > news:#uAUSH$#DHA.2524@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > See Debra's tip
> > > http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#User
> > >
> > > --
> > > Regards Ron de Bruin
> > > (Win XP Pro SP-1  XL2000-2003)
> > > www.rondebruin.nl
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > "saturnin02" <saturnin02@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > news:uQSXCA$%23DHA.2348@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> > > > Hi,
> > > > (Excel 2002, Win XP)
> > > > Can I set up Excel so that when I write a comment it does not
> show the
> > User
> > > > name at all in the comment box?
> > > > I tried to just clear the name in the option under Tools/Options
> but it
> > then
> > > > defaults to User as defined in Windows.
> > > > Tx,
> > > > S
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>


0
saturnin02 (56)
2/26/2004 3:05:32 AM
Hi Saturnin02!

The subroutines here are ordinary subroutines (as opposed to event handling
routines). The ordinary subroutines go into Modules that you insert into the
workbook.

Probably best here is to use the Personal.xls workbook as it is likely that
you'll want to use the comment changing facility on different workbooks. But
you must first establish your Personal.xls.

Use Tools > Macros > Record New Macro
Select the option of recording it in Personal macro workbook
OK
Make a few entries in the currently open workbook
Stop recording by pressing the stop button on the Record Macro Toolbar.

This has established a Personal workbook that will automatically be opened
as a hidden workbook each time you open Excel.

In the VBE (Visual Basic Editor), just use the Insert menu to add more
modules to the Personal.xls project.

Once you have a macro recorded you can use the View > Toolbars > Customize >
Macro to add a new button to your toolbar. After adding that button, you can
then click it and assign to it your subroutine.

I'd suggest that if you really want to go a lot further with VBA, you should
get a good text such as John Walkenbach's Excel Power Programming with VBA.

-- 
-- 
Regards
Norman Harker MVP (Excel)
Sydney, Australia
Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments)
available free to good homes.

njharker@optusnet.com.au
Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments)
available free to good homes.
"saturnin02" <saturnin02@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:eb5ioVB$DHA.1548@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Yes Norman.
> You're right but I hate having to manually do it everytime I open Excel.
> It'd be nice to have the macros and toolbar buttons.
> I dt even kow how to copy and paste the VBA code on her site.
> Actually, how DO I do it?
> I mean WHERE do I paste the code--in VBA editor, under VBA Projects/This
> Workbook, for example?
> S
>
> "Norman Harker" <njharker@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> news:Oz6rRS$#DHA.3232@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> > Hi Saturnin02!
> >
> > If you don't like vba approaches suggested by Debra, you can just
> > manually change your User Name in Tools > Options > General
> >
> > --
> > Regards
> > Norman Harker MVP (Excel)
> > Sydney, Australia
> > njharker@optusnet.com.au
> > Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments)
> > available free to good homes.
> > "saturnin02" <saturnin02@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > news:uY588M$%23DHA.552@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> > > Tx for the tip.
> > > It is kind of complex for me (VBA Newbie) but I guess I could do the
> > Macros
> > > suggested and have buttons on my tool bar....
> > >
> > > "Ron de Bruin" <rondebruin@kabelfoon.nl> wrote in message
> > > news:#uAUSH$#DHA.2524@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> > > > Hi
> > > >
> > > > See Debra's tip
> > > > http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#User
> > > >
> > > > --
> > > > Regards Ron de Bruin
> > > > (Win XP Pro SP-1  XL2000-2003)
> > > > www.rondebruin.nl
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > "saturnin02" <saturnin02@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > news:uQSXCA$%23DHA.2348@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> > > > > Hi,
> > > > > (Excel 2002, Win XP)
> > > > > Can I set up Excel so that when I write a comment it does not
> > show the
> > > User
> > > > > name at all in the comment box?
> > > > > I tried to just clear the name in the option under Tools/Options
> > but it
> > > then
> > > > > defaults to User as defined in Windows.
> > > > > Tx,
> > > > > S
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>


0
njharker (1646)
2/26/2004 3:42:47 AM
Norman,
Thanks very much for your tips.  Very nice of you.
Let me give it a whirl and see what happens.
I will also look for the book you mentioned.
I'll post again.
Best,
S

"Norman Harker" <njharker@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
news:e69cbqB$DHA.2348@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Hi Saturnin02!
>
> The subroutines here are ordinary subroutines (as opposed to event
handling
> routines). The ordinary subroutines go into Modules that you insert into
the
> workbook.
>
> Probably best here is to use the Personal.xls workbook as it is likely
that
> you'll want to use the comment changing facility on different workbooks.
But
> you must first establish your Personal.xls.
>
> Use Tools > Macros > Record New Macro
> Select the option of recording it in Personal macro workbook
> OK
> Make a few entries in the currently open workbook
> Stop recording by pressing the stop button on the Record Macro Toolbar.
>
> This has established a Personal workbook that will automatically be opened
> as a hidden workbook each time you open Excel.
>
> In the VBE (Visual Basic Editor), just use the Insert menu to add more
> modules to the Personal.xls project.
>
> Once you have a macro recorded you can use the View > Toolbars > Customize
>
> Macro to add a new button to your toolbar. After adding that button, you
can
> then click it and assign to it your subroutine.
>
> I'd suggest that if you really want to go a lot further with VBA, you
should
> get a good text such as John Walkenbach's Excel Power Programming with
VBA.
>
> --
> --
> Regards
> Norman Harker MVP (Excel)
> Sydney, Australia
> Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments)
> available free to good homes.
>
> njharker@optusnet.com.au
> Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments)
> available free to good homes.
> "saturnin02" <saturnin02@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:eb5ioVB$DHA.1548@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> > Yes Norman.
> > You're right but I hate having to manually do it everytime I open Excel.
> > It'd be nice to have the macros and toolbar buttons.
> > I dt even kow how to copy and paste the VBA code on her site.
> > Actually, how DO I do it?
> > I mean WHERE do I paste the code--in VBA editor, under VBA Projects/This
> > Workbook, for example?
> > S
> >
> > "Norman Harker" <njharker@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> > news:Oz6rRS$#DHA.3232@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> > > Hi Saturnin02!
> > >
> > > If you don't like vba approaches suggested by Debra, you can just
> > > manually change your User Name in Tools > Options > General
> > >
> > > --
> > > Regards
> > > Norman Harker MVP (Excel)
> > > Sydney, Australia
> > > njharker@optusnet.com.au
> > > Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments)
> > > available free to good homes.
> > > "saturnin02" <saturnin02@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > news:uY588M$%23DHA.552@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> > > > Tx for the tip.
> > > > It is kind of complex for me (VBA Newbie) but I guess I could do the
> > > Macros
> > > > suggested and have buttons on my tool bar....
> > > >
> > > > "Ron de Bruin" <rondebruin@kabelfoon.nl> wrote in message
> > > > news:#uAUSH$#DHA.2524@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> > > > > Hi
> > > > >
> > > > > See Debra's tip
> > > > > http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#User
> > > > >
> > > > > --
> > > > > Regards Ron de Bruin
> > > > > (Win XP Pro SP-1  XL2000-2003)
> > > > > www.rondebruin.nl
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > "saturnin02" <saturnin02@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > > news:uQSXCA$%23DHA.2348@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> > > > > > Hi,
> > > > > > (Excel 2002, Win XP)
> > > > > > Can I set up Excel so that when I write a comment it does not
> > > show the
> > > > User
> > > > > > name at all in the comment box?
> > > > > > I tried to just clear the name in the option under Tools/Options
> > > but it
> > > > then
> > > > > > defaults to User as defined in Windows.
> > > > > > Tx,
> > > > > > S
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>


0
saturnin02 (56)
2/26/2004 6:54:56 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

2 questions
Just bought the PC with Vista Home and IE7. There are 2 questions please. 1. I don't know how Microsoft Bing is on the browser toolbars. How can I get rid of it? 2. Icons on the desktop are somewhat too big. How can I reduce their size? TIA One answer. 1. Click the down arrow to the right of the search box and then Search Options-Change Search Defaults, highlight Bing and Remove. ....Alan -- Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows - Internet Explorer http://dts-l.com/index.htm On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 13:32:23 +0800, in microsoft.public.windows.v...

Freeze template titles
This is a request from one of our users. She would like to create a document where you would have, for example: Name: Rank: Serial Number: And where the user filling in the information could not modify those entries (not sure why they would - but this is the user that is making the request) and enter information without "disrupting" the formatting of the rest of the document. So, if you had a long name, it would not, in the example above, push Rank half way across the page on the next line. She mentioned she was able to do this before (apparently in Word) u...

CRM 1.2 Installation problem.
Hi all, I read many topics here and met the same situations I am facing.But no resolutions're right for me. So I post a new one with my hope anyone which had solved the problem could help me. I installed Microsoft CRM 1.2. After the installation, restarted, I could see in the Event viewer : 1. Crystal APS started and stopped. The error : The root server reported an error Initialization Failure. (Reason: Unable to connect to the database using the provided connection string. Reason: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot open database requested in login '_S_Software_Co...

print comments
hi please guide me to PRINT "comments" in an excel sheet. reg deepak Hi goto 'File - Pagesetup - sheet' and choose your option for printing comments -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Deepak" <deepak5142@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:#r9Cqj0PEHA.2716@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > hi > > please guide me to PRINT "comments" in an excel sheet. > > > reg > deepak > > CAN'T GET ANY OPTION REGARDING THAT.... PLZ DESCRIBE... Frank Kabel <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote in message news:#Ir1Wp0PEHA...

Unintended Recipient #2
We are using Exchange 2003 with Outlook 2003 and we occassionally receive Undeliverable Notifications for mail that cannot be delivered to recipients whom we have not included in the "TO" box. I am guessing this means we have a problem with some sort of spoofing. My question is, what do we do about mail going to people we never sent mail to?--and what is causing it? Thanks "Laura" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We are using Exchange 2003 with Outlook 2003 and we >occassionally receive Undeliverable Notifications for >mail that cannot ...

SDK #2
Hi there i have to install VS 6.0 on XP with a SDK platform. the problem is what is a SDK platform. basicxly i would like to know were i can locate a copy of SDK to work with VS 6.0. and some instalation instrutions as well would be good Thanks Wisk See :- http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/sdkintro/sdkintro/devdoc_platform_software_development_kit_start_page.asp -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] http://www.voidnish.com http://blog.voidnish.com "wisk" <wisk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1E9DA98C-A198-47E5-A1D8-C4420B6AF28E@...

IMF for Exchange 2003 #2
I would like to install and configure IMF for Exchange 2003. Can anyone tell me what resorces it uses (eg. how much extra memory is required)? Any server properly configured for SBS will be more than adequate to handle IMF. IMF does not add any perceivable increase in processor utilization or memory requirements. OTOH, my experience is that IMF alone is not enough to handle the full influx of spam. http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Microsoft-Exchange-Intelligent-Message-Filter.html http://msd2d.com/tips/EXIMFmyths.htm -- Kevin Weilbacher [SBS-MVP] "The days pass by so quickly...

Comment font
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel When adding comments to a Word document, it does not appear to be possible to change either the font type or size of the comment text. The font options within the Toolbox have no effect on comments, and the Track Changes category within Preferences does not provide any options. Is some other method available? ...

lost password #2
Hi I have forgotten a password of the worksheet I protected. Now after long time when I tried to unprotect it I just could not unprotect it. Could someone help me please overcome this problem. Please. Thank you Gina http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html Regards, Peo Sjoblom "GINA" wrote: > Hi > > I have forgotten a password of the worksheet I protected. Now after long > time when I tried to unprotect it I just could not unprotect it. Could > someone help me please overcome this problem. Please. > > Thank you > Gina > > &g...

countif formula #2
Could I have help with this formula: In SHEET1, if G2="Hire" and A2="08-2004" and D2="Manager", then count how many records there are and put that in SHEET2 Cell H2. Note: A2 on SHEET1 is formatted as MM-YYYY (not sure if this makes a difference). Thanks in advance. and where are the records? -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "jh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5f5001c48239$069b8a20$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Could I have help with this formula: > > In SHEET1, if G2="Hire" and A2=...

Alternative to MS Message Boxes
Hi, I dont know if this is practical or not, but thought it might be a nice to have. I do three imports, and one update query, and two delete queries all in the same code. I have set warnings to false (and then turn it back on again) to stop all those generic prompts. Is there a way I can still capture this info, and then display it in a summary page or just in one message box? Its not a critical thing but would be a nice to have... Cheers, GLT. This might be a good starting point: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-60.html Use the Execute method to run your action queri...

2 sites / 2 exchange servers / 1 domain name / 1 db
We have a site in NY, a site in MN, is it possible with exch2003 server to have seperate servers at each site, using the same domain name and the same or replicating databases? The reason I ask is because with 5.5 it wasn't possible. Any help/thoughts is appreciated. -Dan Hello Dan, It's possible to have 2 separate Exchange servers (1 at each site) to service the same domain name, as long as both sites are part of the same AD forest. As far as sharing a database, or replicating databases, this isn't possible. You could have one database and allow the site with fewer us...

how do i get rid of the text box outline around my text?
I hope you're filling your text boxes with more text than you're filling your messages :o) And you just need to read the help files, read the manuals, and look for a button marked Line Color. Set it to No Line. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm > "Ed Bennett" <the_nerd@mvps.org> wrote in message > news:%23bdlu9isEHA.3460@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > > I hope you're filling your text boxes with more text > than you'r...

combo box froze in cell
I have a combo box in vbs on a excel work sheet.When i protect the wor sheet my combo box will not work it shows my items but will not functio with the formuals it is froze in the cell..When not protected it work great -- flg@access4les ----------------------------------------------------------------------- flg@access4less's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1471 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27185 flg, If the combo box is linked to a cell, the cell must be unlocked (Format - Cells - Protection) so the combo ...

Microsoft CRM v1.2 Update: 840934 and another language
I need update 840934 for Polish language. ...

Excel 2002 Comments Box
How do I change the size of the comments box? Thanks If you're asking about the Insert - Comment comment box, you can drag each side to wherever you want. HTH Otto "DLC" <dlcopesr@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1189sshps7cmu8f@corp.supernews.com... > How do I change the size of the comments box? > > Thanks > ...

Amortization Schedule #2
Which product of Microsoft Money out of either Premium 2005, Delux 2005, or Standard 2005 will allow you to be able to create an Amortization Schedule to figure out some loan costs. I think this was answered before, so you might want to check on replies to your first message. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny or http://money.mvps.org/faq for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your product wishes see http://money.mvps.org/wishes.aspx I do not respond to any unsolicited email regar...

Blank Emails #2
All of a sudden starting this morning some emails where showing up with blank content, and the subject was intact but just no content, upon investigation I discovered that this is happening from any one that sends an email from aol and so far does not seem to be happening from other domains. This is happening to all clients of my exchage server, none of them are getting AOL emails correctly. and this just started, it has been working fine for along time now. Does any one know what I can do to be able to properly recieve emails comming from aol senders. Please help. and thank you...

Unable to install AD FS 2.0 on windows server 2008 sp2
Hi, I am not able to install AD FS 2.0 on Windows server 2008 sp2, getting error "AD FS 2.0 installation requires Windows server 2008 sp2". I Just installed all the items listed in the below webpage as a pre-requisite for AD FS 2.0 but still not able to proceed further. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd807096(WS.10).aspx Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, -- Msreddy ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Msreddy's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/191069.htm View this thread: http://forums.techar...

Spreadsheet prints as black box
I have a spreadsheet that I have copied from Excel and pasted into Word 2007. The document looks good on the screen but once I print out the document I get a solid black box over the spreadsheet I copied. Please help It might be an issue of not having the latest printer drivers and Word 2007. Visit the printer manufacturer web site for updated drivers. denethor5 wrote: > I have a spreadsheet that I have copied from Excel and pasted into Word 2007. > The document looks good on the screen but once I print out the document I > get a solid black box over the spreadsheet I cop...

Insertted JPG. as comment. where is the source of picture
Howdy! I have inserted a picture as a comment to treat picture as data. It seems to be working but where is actual copy of the picture (assumeing I erased the original pics from hard drive). Thanks fo yall's input -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com It's stored in the workbook file. You'll see the size of the workbook file increase as you put pictures in it. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "ifew552 >" <<ifew552.16zpni@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:if...

Mailbox permissions #2
Hi, I have recently installed Exchange 2003 which is working fine. But we had to make a few modifications were the users need to open a single mailbox (sales) as well as there own and be able to send from both. I set up the clients so they open the sales mailbox as default (this is the most important one)and there own mailbox as a secondary. They can send mail from sales ok but cannot send any mail using there own email addresses, they get NDRs saying they dont have permission to send to recepient, any pointers would be greatly appriciated. thanks in advance "Chris" <c...

No Dialog Box when Pasting Cut Cells
I am using one of the Microsoft Press books to learn Microsoft 2003. When I cut a group of cells it instructs me to go to the Insert menu and click cut cells and says that the content in the cells that I am overwriting should be shifted to the right, but instead they shift up. Because no Dialog box appears I have now way to change this. I would appreciate any clues on either how to make the Dialog box appear or to get the cells to shift to the right. I have already used the Options menu to make sure that the Dialog box is activated. Best regards, -- Albert Lan Hi, That is the corr...

Text box displaying columns from a combo box
I'm using text boxes to display the column data from a combo box. Trouble is when I move to another record or close the form and ome back in, those results are not displayed anymore and I have to reslect the values in the combo boxes to fill in the text boxes. Is there a way to lock the results to the text box for each record? TIA -- Don, Sydney Australia Don, I take it that you have a combo bound to a field in your table. When the combo is dropped down, you see several columns, but when it's not dropped down you can see only one. Therefore you have added some other text boxe...

Exchange 5.5 Migration #2
Hi, We are running the Exchange 5.5 with Windows NT now. I few weeks time, we will going to migration the Exchange 5.5 to Windows 2000 Server. Is there any procedure or document that I can find in order to perform this migration? Thank You. Chiew Mann In-place migration or on new hardware? Chiew Mann wrote: > Hi, > > We are running the Exchange 5.5 with Windows NT now. I > few weeks time, we will going to migration the Exchange > 5.5 to Windows 2000 Server. > > Is there any procedure or document that I can find in > order to perform this migration? > > T...