commandbar problems

On My PC with Excel 2000, I have developed an Excel workbook with a custom
command bar.  The resulting 'xls' file is in a folder on our network and
available to everyone in our company.  When opening this Excel workbook on
other PCs in my office with Excel 2003 or Excel 2000, the custom command bar
is missing some of the controls and appears to be an older version of the one
that shows on my own PC where the command bar was created and where any
modifications are performed.  I believe the problem is related to the command
bars being stored locally along with the Excel application as earlier
versions of Excel were (in the [username8.xlb] file).  I cannot find any
verification of this theory, and no '*.xlb' type files exist on my Excel 2000
or the other Excel 2003 PCs.  Any help?
0
Cook (9)

The best way to create custom toolbars is using VBA.
http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=14
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Richard Cook" <Richard Cook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> On My PC with Excel 2000, I have developed an Excel workbook with a custom
> command bar.  The resulting 'xls' file is in a folder on our network and
> available to everyone in our company.  When opening this Excel workbook on
> other PCs in my office with Excel 2003 or Excel 2000, the custom command
bar
> is missing some of the controls and appears to be an older version of the
one
> that shows on my own PC where the command bar was created and where any
> modifications are performed.  I believe the problem is related to the
command
> bars being stored locally along with the Excel application as earlier
> versions of Excel were (in the [username8.xlb] file).  I cannot find any
> verification of this theory, and no '*.xlb' type files exist on my Excel
2000
> or the other Excel 2003 PCs.  Any help?

0
ng1 (1444)

CD Autorun problem
Hi! I need one information on Urgent basis. We are producing one CD .It should be autorun and run into W98 laptop. We have written AutoRun.inf accordingly and put into CD already. But the problem is that the by default our laptop's auto run is disabled. By somehow I need solution for enabling the autorun feature in property or registry level. And it will be good enough for me to get the information on windows programming level if there is any windows32 dll or MFC which can do this job for enabling the autorun feature, so that when CD is inserted autorun should work. If anybody can help...

Design Problem
Hi everyone, I have 6 different managers that have to fill out an extensive budget form made in excel. I have to report on all 6 division seperately and overall. There are frequest changes made and the reporting has to be automatic with updates. What would be the best way to go about this, send out the form and copy and paste in a master sheet? Any advice appreciated Kevin M. You are likely going to get a lot of varied suggestions. So have a careful read and choose the one that best suits you. This would be my approach. I would format the budget sheet that way I like it with all the ...

Outlook Junk mail filter and rules problem
Hello- I switched to Outlook from Mozilla Thunderbird. I did this because Thunderbird was unstable (at least for me). It did have a nice spam filter though. I was hoping that Outlook's spam filter would be comparable and the app would be stable. So far it's stable, but I am having a serious problem with the filter. I use Outlook 2004 to track several POP accounts. So when I download a message, I have a rule for each account that puts the message in an appropriate folder under the inbox folder. The problem is when I use the Spam filter, this is what happens. 1. Spam arrives to ...

Problem with OnInitialUpdate()
Hi all I am making a SDI Application for displaying images(say .bmp). I derived my view class from CScrollView. I Comments following lines in MyView::OnInitialUpdata(). file://CSize sizeTotal; // TODO: calculate the total size of this view // sizeTotal.cx = sizeTotal.cy = 100; // SetScrollSizes(MM_TEXT, sizeTotal) I use a function OnUpdate() in my view class. In this function, i set the view window size according to picture size which i have to display. When i run the program in ReleaseMode, picture is display in view window. If i don't comments above lines in OnInitialUpdate() then i do...

Problem while opeing the Access DB
I have a access Database created in NT (office 97), but my clients have migrated to W2k (office 2K) so when they try to open the Access MDB which was created in NT...it throws the below given error.... The current user account doesn't have permission to convert or enable this database. To convert or enable a database, ensure the following: * You must join the workgroup that defines the user accounts used to access the database. * Your user account must have Open/Run and Open Exclusive permissions for the database object. * Your user account must have Modify Design or Administer permissio...

Exchange Explorer problem
I can't get access at all to Exchange Explorer I get the below error after I say yes to the message 'This page is accessing information that is not under it's control. This poses a security risk. Do you want to continue.' 'Server not available or a unrecoverable error occurred" I can't get into exchange explorer at all, I've tried administrator accounts as the username and pass and also accounts like exmerge, I've tried going to just server/exchange and exchange/mailbox using the mailbox I'm trying to get to's username and password. I recen...

Dynamic move & redraw problem
Hello all - I have a list control in a dialog box. When the user clicks a row, I want to put some combo boxes and edit controls above the fields so the user can edit. I create my edit controls off screen. When I get my WM_NOTIFY that a row has been selected in the list, I move the edit control over the list control. The problem is that the edit controls do not draw themseleves correcty. They are position there cos I can click around and the combo list will drop down and then I can see it. But the initial move isn't drawing updating properly. I am using SetWindowPos. I've tried ...

Excel problem turned into Update problem
Ok I'll try to explain this to you guys. First one user here was using office 2000 so I upgraded him to office XP. One thing he has to do is copy photo's that are in excel sheets into adobe photoshop. It used to work fine with office 2000 but now with switching to office XP when he copies the picture out of excel and puts it into adobe the picture looks terible all blury and just doesn't look nice. So i thought i'll go get all of the updates for office XP. So I put SP1 on and tried it and it did the same thing. Second I put SP2 on and now he can't open anything ...

Problem shortcuts in Word

Outlook 2003 PST problems

Problem with Authentication

calendar problem