combining partial data from 2 different cells

I am trying to combine partial data from 2 cells.
first character from one cell and last 4 character from another.
0
Steven (151)

In article <577DEEB1-1CBA-450E-B206-A6B9D079D656@microsoft.com>,
 Steven <Steven@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I am trying to combine partial data from 2 cells.
> first character from one cell and last 4 character from another.

Try...

=LEFT(A1,1)&RIGHT(B1,4)

Hope this helps!
0
domenic22 (716)

Find/replace with different text colour messes up
When doing a Find/Replace on a certain word that needs to have a different colour than default - say, red - Excel incorrectly colours the whole cell instead of just the word that was searched on. To see this in action, try this: 1.. Open up a blank Excel sheet 2.. Enter some text in a few cells - "This is a test", for instance. Now, let's try to use search/replace to colour only the word "test" in red. 3.. Open up Search/Replace 4.. On the "Search for"-line, enter: test 5.. On the "Replace with"-line, enter: test 6.. For the "R...

How can I create a chart to compare multiple data series?
Using Excel, is there a way to merge multiple charts with different data series into one to demonstrate a direct comparison of the data series within one single chart. I've got 4 charts of the stacked column type. magnoliak77 Tufte calls them small multiples, Cleveland calls them trellis displays. I call them panel charts. Take a look at the examples on this page. http://processtrends.com/toc_panel_charts.htm Another option is to stick with your 4 charts, however, you can size and align them. Here's a link to a simple macro that sizes and aligns all charts on a single sheet....

Excel 2003- Tabbing to a specific location in a cell
I have created a template and I want to be able to fill in parts of the template by just tabbing and the cursor to move to the next cell...and to a specific area in the cell...how do i set up my template to do this? THanks so much unlock the cells you want to tab to. leave the other cells protected. then protected the sheet. -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "monty the magician" <monty the magician@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FD3728D8-E730-407E-B58A-FED2C6D9EA8A@microsoft.com... >I have created a template and I want to be able to f...

Mails Combined
HI, I mistakenly delete all mails from Inbox and then found them on the deleted Items and selected all and ask to move folders back to Inbox. the problem is all mails were combined into one email and moved back in to Inbox as a single email. How do i go back to the original version. How do i uncombined all the mails in to individual mails from the right recipient? Please help ASAP.. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com ...

Notification if no external e-mail recieved for over 2 hours.
Recently the SMTP authentication settings were changed so that no external e-mails could be recieved. There was no way to see that this was the case until someone complained. Is there any way to monitor externally recieved e-mails so that if none are recieved after a certain amount of time for a notification to be generated? In this case a script using telnet could be used to check if e-mails could be recieved externally, but I was looking more for something like if no external e-mails recieved by any users for two hours then create notification. I can't seem to think of any way to che...

Automatic settling of EDC Batch #2
Is there a way to stelle an EDC batch automatically in RMS, or an add-on that accomplishes this? This would be very handy. Thank you in advance. ...

merge/combine workshhets
I need to merge about 75 worksheets into one spreadsheet on a regular basis - all have exactly the same format/layout etc back can vary in the number of rows Try this Jeff http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Jeff224" <Jeff224@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6790506-2888-4F4D-80EA-BB0D9F9B27A2@microsoft.com... >I need to merge about 75 worksheets into one spreadsheet on a regular basis - > all have exactly the same format/layout etc back can vary in the number of > rows Or http://www.rondebru...

numbers in data sheet of stacked bar chart
I'm trying to label segments in a stacked bar chart, example: 1-10, 11-20, etc. I'm not able to enter the number with the dash. In most cases it automatically changes to Jan-10. Any tips on how I can fix this? Thanks! Format the cell as text and see if that helps. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx "Genevieve" <Genevieve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Documenting the backup of data
This may not be the place to ask however i am looking for resources on how i may document data I am backing up from an oracle database to MS Access. Basically I have my oracle database and i have an Acess database. I have to back up 3 tables from oracle into access. I have no idea how i would document this. I want to say Columns 1, column 2 from table A in oracle will be backed up to Column 1a and Column 1b in Access. Has anyone had similar exeperiences? Does anyone know of any resources on the net or example? ...

#DIV/0! #2
Is there a way to specify in an IF statement to do something if the conditional statement returns a div/0 error. For example: =IF(A1/A2=#DIV/0!,"You Must Enter a Positive Value",A1/A2) Thanks for any help Oops, I just read the post on the "trailing space / format question" that was pretty dumb of me not to think of the ISERROR function. "Brandt" wrote: > Is there a way to specify in an IF statement to do something if the > conditional statement returns a div/0 error. > > For example: =IF(A1/A2=#DIV/0!,"You Must Enter a Positive Value...

Cutting first 4 digits from a cell and pasting it into an adjacent column
Using 2007 on Vista I've got some data I want to import from excel into my crm software For type of business here in the UK we use 'SIC' codes However, the data I have purchased has the SIC code followed by it's description I want to seperate the first 4 digits which is for the SIC code and leave the description behind as per the following data 3320: Manufacture Of Instruments & Appliances For Measuring, Checking, Testing, Navigating & Other Which I want to seperate into SIC code 3320 SIC description Manufacture Of Instruments & Appliances For Measuring, Chec...

Exporting to Excel #2
Is it possible to Export an sales document to Excel or Word? Kim - Here are a couple of options: A. While on a sales transaction entry document, set up quick print and quick print the sales document to screen. Next mail the .pdf to yourself B. Launch smartlist click on sales transaction folder and run the smart list that suits your needs. Click on the excel icon/word icon on the toolbar to export. Warning! this is a significant resource hog. "Kim" wrote: > Is it possible to Export an sales document to Excel or Word? On Feb 20, 9:46 am, Kim <K...@discussions.microsof...

Data from one sheet to another sheets
Dear Sir, I have a ZoneWise Worksheet i;e nz01,nz02,nz03.wz01,wz02,wz03,sz01,sz02,sz03 and so on. Now i want to copy this data according to ZoneWise For example: nz01 in sheet1, nz02 in sheet2, wz01 in sheet 3 and so no Thanks In Advance Hardeep kanwar ...

Finding the combination that appears more times
Hi everybody i have a list on excel 2007 that displays the purchase of items on columns A:E, each column showing one (1) item I want to find what combination of items appears more times, especifically, which combination of four (4) is the favorite mix eg: A B C D F A C D E F B C D E F B C D F Z in this example, the winner would be (B, C, D, E) as it appears 3 times the main problem is that I have over 1,000 rows and trying with =SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIF(A1:E1,$N$1:$R$1)) por each combination would take forever... is there a simpler, quicker ...

Can I format an entire row based on the value of a single cell?
I would like to use the conditional formatting feature to format an entire row rather than just a single cell. For example: If the cell value = "Total" then the entire row is bold. select your range (multiple rows???). Then with A3 (say) the activecell in that selection: format|Conditional formatting formula is: =$a3="total" apply a nice format LTShelley wrote: > > I would like to use the conditional formatting feature to format an entire > row rather than just a single cell. For example: If the cell value = "Total" > then the entire row is bo...

transfer of data
Is there a way to transfer data that is in outlook to an exce spreadsheet. I have name, address, city, state, zip, all phone numbers that I woul like to send to certain cells in a spreadsheet. If this is possible, what code could I write help me do this? :confused: Thank You Michae -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi in Outlook you can save your data as *.csv file. Open this exported file in Excel -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "daniels012 >" <<daniels012.1byt7v@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:daniels012.1byt7v@excel...

Combining Publications
Can I combine two different publications into one? Suzi wrote: > Can I combine two different publications into one? ========================================= Personally, I would simply open two instances of Publisher (one document in each) / tile the two screens...and copy/paste. Maybe the following link will be useful: Combining Publisher Documents http://tinyurl.com/2lpj5w -- John Inzer MS Picture It! - Digital Image MVP Digital Image Highlights and FAQs http://tinyurl.com/aczzp Notice This is not tech support I am a volunteer Solutions that wo...

Combining 2 Excel (xls) files
I have 2 xls workbooks with different sheet names and both with different range names. I would like to combine them both into one workbook so that I don't have to re-create all of the range names. Is there a way to do that? -- LAF ------------------------------------------------------------------------ LAF's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=9656 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=346017 Hi LAF- Open both files (let's call them A & B, and assume A will be your "combined" file). Working i...

?�Z�k ?��??�ra? ??�s?�� #2

CDATA, XmlTextWriter, Read data
Hi All, I am using XmlTextWriter to write CDATA section using following code: XmlTextWriter xtw = new XmlTextWriter(Console.Out); xtw.WriteStartElement("data"); xtw.WriteCData("UNSAFE SCRIPT DATA CONTAINING & and < WHICH GETS CONVERTED TO &amp; and &lt;. SO HAVE TO USE WriteCData() METHOD HERE"); xtw.WriteEndElement(); xtw.Flush(); xtw.Close(); I suppose the data gets written to xtw instance. Now I want to retrieve the data back. How should I do that? Please let me know ASAP. Thanks, Gem Pramod wrote: > Hi All, > > I am using XmlTextWriter to ...

How to Combine Data in Different Columns
Hi Everyone I need help in this issue. I have tried many ways though some wer successful but they were not efficient. I have say 5 columns of data and the data could be on the same rows o all 5 columns or on different rows hence if I need to combine all th data of these 5 columns, I would have to sort or filter each of the manually and copy and paste to a different worksheet or column. This i very tedious and time consuming. I also tried to write a macro to loo for data in one column then put them into another column but i was no successful. However, experts like you guys shouldn't have ...

combinations
I have a finite number of values that represent length (right now I have less than 20 values). Can Excel take these values and list all possible combinations of the values? Any pointers appreciated. Stephen R. Stephen, No. There are 2,432,902,008,176,640,000 possible ways to combine 20 different values. That is, unless you have another limitation, like only using 4 at a time.... HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Stephen R" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:u9ZiYhOeFHA.1456@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > I have a finite number of values that represent length (right...

Socket Notification Sink Error #2
Hi, We use CAsyncSocket after several hours we get "Socket Notification Sink" error message box. We do not use gracefully close Is that can solve the problem? Thanks, Itsik itsik wrote: > > Hi, > We use CAsyncSocket after several hours we get "Socket Notification > Sink" error message box. We do not use gracefully close Is that can > solve the problem? > Thanks, > Itsik Yes, a gracefull close might solve the problem. I think the error means there is an attempt to process a data received notification on a closed socket. A gracefull close will flush ...

How can i see a data change?
i need help with a problem i want to be able to see when values have been updated in a spreadsheet. My thoughts are pointing towards the font changing colour when a value has been increased and a seperate colour when the value has decreased. I am using Excel 2003 Thanks in advance Mickky --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =- On Apr 20, 4:11=A0am, "Mickky" <mbro...@ntlworld.com> wrote: > i need help with a problem > > i want to be abl...

GM Card #2
Does anyone switching to Quicken know if it does direct import for GM Card. I think I'm making the switch too. I think all the people that say all we do is complain but never switch are right. ...