COMBINING CELLS WITH LIKE DATA

I HAVE A SPREADSHEET TO TRACK INTERNAL MACHINING SCRAP SIMILAR TO THE ONE
BELOW.  I AM LOOKING FOR A WAY TO INSTANTANIOUSLY COMBINE ALL THE TOTALS FOR
CUSTOMER A OR PART 13112 OR MACHINE B9 ON ANOTHER SPREADSHEET IF ANYONE KNOWS
OF A WAY TO DO THIS PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

THANKS.

DATE	CUSTOMER               PART	MACH #	QTY	TOTAL
8/9/2004	A	                111	B9	2	13.46
8/9/2004	S	                123	B9	4	26.92
6/4/2004	S	                123	C14	5	31.95
6/1/2004	M	                2131	C14	12	29.88
7/22/2004	B	                13123	C3	1	0.75
7/5/2004	A	                12312	C4	1	0.75
7/5/2004	A	                12312	C4	1	0.75
8/24/2004	S	                41	A1	1	0.75
8/23/2004	X	                14214	A2	1	0.75
8/6/2004	T	                1412	C15	1	43.78
6/8/2004	Y	                1221	C15	1	43.78

0
PLV (2)

I think I'd us a Pivot Table for that.

Let us know if you need help setting it up.

--
Regards,
Ron

WORKS GREAT

THANKS

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

> I think I'd us a Pivot Table for that.
>
> Let us know if you need help setting it up.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Ron

0
PLV (2)

tab within cell
is there a way to put a tabbed space within a cell? -- Boris You can put a tab character in a cell, but it won't work like a tab in MSWord. ="asdf"&char(9)&"qwer" About the closest thing you can do is use multiple spaces. BorisS wrote: > > is there a way to put a tabbed space within a cell? > -- > Boris -- Dave Peterson ...

combining versions of MFC
Hi, I am not that familiar with managing an MFC based project in Visual Studio. I am wondering if it is possible to use a library built with release versions of MFC71 libraries in a debug build, using VS.Net2k3. Secondly, can I use the libraries built with MFC71 in a VS.Net2005 project? Or will I need to get a MFC80 version of these libraries. Thanks a lot. >I am not that familiar with managing an MFC based project in Visual >Studio. I am wondering if it is possible to use a library built with >release versions of MFC71 libraries in a debug build, using VS.Net2k3. > >Second...

Splitting addresses from outlook into cells
Hi, I want to get a list of email addresses from outlook into separat cells in Excel. So my data is like this: name1@email.com; name2@email.com; name3@email.com etc. etc. (there ar about 50 addresses in total). How do I get Excel to sperate these cells using the ";"? Thanks Kestre -- kestre ----------------------------------------------------------------------- kestrel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1908 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=52428 Just remembered how to do it: Data / Text to colu...

Allowing users to add comments to cells on protected sheets
I have a protected sheet in my workbook and would like users to be able to edit a range of cells within the worksheet. selected Tools --> Allow users to edit ranges. This seems to work however, it does not allow users to edit the comments contained within the range unless the sheet has been unprotected. How can I allow my users to edit *anything* about a range of cells on a worksheet? ...

Put all cells in one cell seperated by comma
I have an Excel spreadsheet with data in seperate cells such as wordone wordtwo wordthree I need all cells in one cell seperated by a comma such as wordone,wordtwo,wordthree I found out how to add the comma after the cell data, but cannot figure out how to put them all in the first cell. Can anyone help? Christine -- kokopoko ------------------------------------------------------------------------ kokopoko's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25892 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=392760 =a1&",&q...

a sound like " du dum" when I come out of lower power mode
I hooked up the printer, scanner, and web-cam in the middle of a boot, and then I started gettting a " du dum " noise when it comes out of " low-power" mode, or " stand-by " mode. When the monitor goes blank after 20 mins, coming back out after moving the mouse, it makes the noises, " do dumm". I know something is an amiss. What is the problem? -- attilathehun1 "attilathehun1" <attilathehun1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7980E0FE-9A5D-42CF-BDCA-0B56DF9E4402@microsoft.com >I hooked up the printer, s...

How do I create a combination bar and XY chart?
I'm using Excel 2002 and would like to create a horizontal bar chart with some dots (or other symbols) overlayed on top. The idea is to show an operating range with the bar, and then highlight some key operating points within that range with the dots. Jon Peltier has instructions for a Bar-Scatter graph here: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BarLineCombo.html Engineer_SM wrote: > I'm using Excel 2002 and would like to create a horizontal bar chart with > some dots (or other symbols) overlayed on top. The idea is to show an > operating range with the bar, and ...

How to migrate data from Act!9 to CRM 4.0
We just a new customer who is using Act!9 now. We need to move data from Act!9 into CRM 4.0. The data includes contacts, notes, history, activities of Act!. It is easy to use DMM of CRM 4.0 to import contats. But there is no exporting for notes, history, activities of Act!. Now looks I have two choices, 1. use a 3rd tool to export ACT!9 notes, history, activities, import into CRM by DMM. 2. use Scribe to do it for option 1, anyone knwo which tool I can use for ACT!9? For option 2, which Scribe part I should buy? how to use it? thanks Andrew I'd use Scribe's 45-day license for ...

changing all cells
I have a bunch of spread sheet with project numbers. On some of the spreadsheets, the project number was written with a ' in front. How can I change a whole column of numbers with an apostrophy (sp?) in front to just the number without having to delete the apostophy in ever cell? jeremy -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com One way: Copy an empty cell. Select your project numbers. Choose Edit/Paste Special, selecting the Add and Values radio buttons. Note that if your project numbers have leading zeros, this will eliminate them unless the number format includes them. I...

Combinning Multiple Lists
I am trying to combine three different lists into one without bein limited to the space between the number of the lists. For example: Fruit Veggie Meat Orange Carrot Beef Pear Eggplant Chicken Apple Broccoli Veal Lemon Cabbage Lime I want the three lists to become one like this: Orange Pear Apple Lemon Lime Carrot Eggplant Broccoli Cabbage Beef Chicken Veal Having quite a hard time on doing this. The real hard part is that th lists have variable lengths. And would perfer to not have a limit o the length of the lists. Than...

transfer pivot table to new workbook data
copy pivot table to new workbook Question Reply Quote Edit Forgive me if this is a simple question. I create a new work book each year for financial information. I have a set of pivot tables on one year, say 2006-7 and wish to maintain consistency for future years. How can I transfer the pivot tables for 2006-7 (in the 2006-7 workbook) to accept source data from 2007-8 workbook, then 2008-9 work book etc. so my comparison data is in identical layout etc (for both tables and charts)? Or do I have to create the pivot tables separately from scratch, year to year? I am using MS Office ...

Delete calendar one year data
What is the easiest way to delete all Outlook 7 calendar data for one particular year? tia Switch to a list view, select the first item you want to delete and hold shift and select the last. Press Delete. Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ OutlookForums http://www.outlookforums.com wrote in message news:mhljs6lp16gf2nj52ctar24t8uegu867id@4ax.com... What is the easiest way to delete all Outlook 7 calendar data for one particular year? tia On Mon, 23 May 2011 15:18:26 -0400, "D...

combine and decode
In outlook express it is possible (when sending) to break up large messages into 1M sections. There are many times when I want to send large attachments with Outlook but the attachment exceeds the maximum size aloud to be sent in one message. Is outlook able to break up messages in small chunks like outlook express (combine and decode). Not that I have found. Have you tried zipping the files? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After se...

Lost data when saving from .xlsx doc to .xls format
I have a client who was working on a .xlsx document in Microsoft Excel 2008 that contained 300,000+ rows of data. After spending hours working on it, they saved the file with the .xls extension (my suggestion) and it seems they only have 62,00o rows of data. I have made it a policy at my client's company to save all files as .xls files due to the compatibility issues they run into when sharing with the outside world. Can someone tell me if a .xlsx document that contained well over 300K rows would drop most of the rows if you saved the file as an .xls file format? Please le...

Cell Formula reference to cell Based On third Cell Content
I want to build a formula in one cell that calls a second based on the numeric value in a third. Specifically, Say the frst cell is F10. I want it to look up the number in F1, and then if F1=1, F10=E9*something if F1=2, F10=D9*something if F1=3, F10=C9* something etc. ...

Sorting data in various columns
Hi We have imported a text file into Excel which put it into one column. The original data was all in one field in the source system. We the used text to columns to split data and data has split into separat rows and columns but now we want to sort and find all records with an in one of the fields. As all the fields are in different columns due t the length of the original data being so varied, we cannot get th result we want! Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. We did try to use filtering but there are hundreds of columns and row and when you filter on one column, you do not see...

How can I edit cell contents with a macro in Excel? #2
I'm trying to creat an Excel macro that edits cell data, remembering the edits, not just the resulting value or formula. If, for example, I want to delete all but the last three characters of a cell value, and I record a macro, editing the cell produces a line like: ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "745". But I don't want the specific value. I want the process. I'm essentially asking for RIGHT(R1C1,3), but I can't use that formula in the macro because it would be a circular reference. What am I missing? If you use the Value property you can just replace the old v...

Deleting Cell then Shift Down?
I'm trying to move a column down that has over 10,000 rows so it won' let me paste special: values for some reason. So i was wondering i there is a way to delete the bottom cell then shift all cells down, b/ there is a shift left and shift up but no shift down or right, an solutions?? Thanks Eric Hoffma -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, I think this will work for you. Copy a blank cell from anywhere. Go to the cell where you want the column moved down one. Right click and select 'insert copied cells', select 'shift down'. jeff >-----Origin...

Colour coding data
Hi- I would like to be able to automatically colour code percentages into red, amber, green depending on the number. I know this can be done but cannot figure out how! Any help appreciated Use conditional formatting. See http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat01.html --- HTH Bob Phillips "Michelle" <Michelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD770409-882A-40E2-9D3D-DBAD19AD95D7@microsoft.com... > Hi- I would like to be able to automatically colour code percentages into > red, amber, green depending on the number. I know this can be ...

blank cells
If I have 2 columns say cells w1 to w10 and x1 to x10. In w1 to w1 every cell contains numbers,x1 to x10 contains numbers and blanks. I want to produce a third column y1 to y10. If x1 > w1 print greater, if x1=w1 print equal,if x1< w1 print less,i x1 is blank,print blank. what formula will I use in the y column -- pyteliu ----------------------------------------------------------------------- pytelium's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2552 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39475 pytelium wrote... .......

I need a macro to find cut and paste data to new cell
I have data that I have exported to excel that I need to reformat to be able to create a pivot table to check for duplicate entries. On importing the data which is in the form of journal entries the memo line is stting above the journal numbers in column D. I need to find all of the comments and cut and paste them to column C. The comments are not all the same but do contain the same word "To" in the comment. The journals are not all the same size and so the comment line does not appear at regular intervals. Any help appreciated as I am very new to VBA ...

Is it possible to high light a row of cells
I have columns from A1 to A300 TO CP1 TO CP300 if I click on a particulr cell on any row is it possible to high light that whole row if there is a way please tell me how!!! On dec. 10, 04:23, Mike <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have columns from A1 to A300 TO CP1 TO CP300 if I click on a particulr cell > on any row is it possible to high light that whole row if there is a way > please tell me how!!! You need an event sub for that like this one: Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) If Not Intersect(Target, Range("A1:F10&...

Item Combiner #2
I have recently purchased item combiner to resolve a series of issues create when we implemented GP over 2 yrs ago. The main question is; I need to combine items together that are setup as tracked and not tracked. I understand that the module wont allow this to happen, but has anyone ever modifed say the non tracked item in SQL to be tracked, then combined the items together? Thanks JPR The problem would be the lack of history for the formerly untracked item. I would simply discontinue the non-tracked item so it wont be used in future transactions and transfer the inventory quantity...

Message-Data file not properly closed???
Upon boot of Outlook, EVERYTIME, I get this message--Data file did not close properly the last time it was used and is being checked for problems. Performance might be affected by the check in progress. When I leave Outlook, I have made sure to close all files and exit properly. Is there some reason this happens? I even go back to my main screen now. Is there something more I should be doing. Did the file checking finish before you closed Outlook? If not, it will continue/restart the next time you start Outlook. If it still does this after the checking has completed, the...

Second cell in Data Validation
Can Data Validation return a value to a second cell from an adjacent column in the list as well as the first cell when validation criteria is set as list? -- Bill Bill, Use a formula like =IF(A2<>"",VLOOKUP(A2,$D$2:$E$100,2,False),"") where A2 has data validation based on the first column of your list in $D$2:$E$100. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "WFariss" <wfariss@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ED25FE4E-7ADA-4D7B-9F0E-9A9F5F386BDF@microsoft.com... > Can Data Validation return a value to a second cell from an adjacent &...