Combining 2 Excel (xls) files

I have 2 xls workbooks with different sheet names and both with
different range names.  I would like to combine them both into one
workbook so that I don't have to re-create all of the range names.  Is
there a way to do that?

--
LAF
LAF's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=9656

Hi LAF-

Open both files (let's call them A & B, and assume A will be your "combined"
file).

Working in B, select the sheets to be copied,

Go to Edit>Move or Copy Sheet, select A from the list & pick where you want
the sheets copied to. ALSO-> Put a check in the box to Create a copy. Once
you've confirmed success you can always trash workbook B.

Hope this is useful |:>)

"LAF" wrote:

> I have 2 xls workbooks with different sheet names and both with
> different range names.  I would like to combine them both into one
> workbook so that I don't have to re-create all of the range names.  Is
> there a way to do that?
>

> --
> LAF
> LAF's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=9656
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=346017

0
CyberTaz (411)

Address Book Problem #2
Outlook version: 2003 When in a Distribution List, I click on [Select Members] and get this MS Office Outlook message: The list could not be displayed. The Contacts Folder associated with this address could not be opened; It may have been moved or delected, or you do not have permissions. For information on how to remove this folder from the Outlook Address Book, see Outlook Office Outlook Help. [OK] This is a recent problem. Advice? -- Larry Bohen www.audiobooksonline.com Sounds like you have an invalid reference to a Contacts Folder. reset those references here: Tools > E-mail a...

Upgrade Path sbs2000/sbs2003r2 and CRM1.2/3.0
We currently have CRM 1.2 installed on a sbs2000 server. We are looking to upgrade this server to sbs2003r2 and we also want to upgrade CRM from 1.2 to 3.0. Can someone recommend the best upgrade path? This is partial book smarts and partial experience... Book smarts: Upgrade to CRM 3.0 on the SBS2000 box (assuming SQL 2000) Experience: Redeploy to SBS2k3R2 box using CRM 3.0 redeployment tool Upgrade to Rollup 1 My experience was to take it from a 3.0 to 3.0 on R2, so I had a SQL 2000 -> SQL 2005 on a new domain. I recommend that you backup and follow the directions to a T. The up...

Is the file lph.dll a legit file by Ms for Office 2007?
I bought several MS Office Prof 2007 via ebay from different vendors - they came boxed with all the expected labels, security flags, holograms and imprints. When trying to install one, my Hips popped up alerting me to a file. Uploading this file lph.dll to virustotal shows that 7 out 41 AV consider the file a trojan/malware. I contacted MS support re the first file I received and was told that the license number was legit but did not get any answer re the lph.dll issue. Does anyone know what this file does, why some AV consider it malware (could be a FP) and in particular i...

outlook 2003 has 2 "send" labels in the send receive drop down
hi, sometimes, i have to reboot my machine because the send recieve button in outlook does not work, when i go to the drop down menu, i dont see any of my "accounts" listed, and I see the word "send", then the next line is duplicated and also says 'send". the only way to get back to "normal" is to reboot the whole system until it happens again. This usually happens once per day. Close Outlook. Do a search for the outcmd.dat file (this is a hidden file so you'll have to either tell Windows Explorer to unhide it or search hidden files and folder...

how to know the reason of a failure of file opening?
Hi, After CFile::Open(...) fails, how to know whether it fails because the target file is used by other programs? Your help is appreciated. Tony ::GetLastError() will return the error code. ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED can indicate several types of access failures, but I believe it is the code returned if the file is opened exclusive already (it doesn't have to be another program; even trying to open it a second time in your own app will fail) joe On Wed, 05 May 2004 19:39:52 -0700, May Young <tony@srac.com> wrote: >Hi, > >After CFile::Open(...) fails, how to know whethe...

Email forwarding #2
Is there anyway to get your outlook emails forwarded automatically???? Hi! Microsoft Outlook, not Express? 1). Tools\Rules and Alerts... 2). Our Redirect add-in (www.mapilab.com), it redirect email and new recipient will receive the full copy of message, including internet headers and the same sender as in original email. > -----Original Message----- > From: Jason [mailto:Jason@nts.uk.net] > Posted At: Wednesday, June 30, 2004 3:46 PM > Posted To: microsoft.public.outlook > Conversation: Email forwarding > Subject: Email forwarding > > Is there anyway to get your ...

launching xls in web browser
I am trying to launch two instances of the same xls file from a browser. The first one launches successfully in a new browser window. The second one also launches successfully. However, the first browser window becomes blank after the second report launches. When I close the first browser window the second window becomes blank as well. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? ...

to use workday function in excel vba code
hi all, is there a way to use wrokday function in my worksheet controls.? i have a date time picker in my worksheet and a text box and a button. on click of this button i should get next desired date. like when i select a date from the calendar and click on button ther is onclick function in my macro. this onclick should calculate next desired date(assume if i choos 10/11/2005 and add 2 to this date i should get 12/11/2005) i know how to use workday function using a cell reference but................ i don't know how to put this into a vba code. if i use workday("10/11/2005&qu...

calendar #2
is there a formula for a continues monthly calendar? Hi tg not exactly sure what you're after here but if you enter 01/01/05 in a cell and drag down (autofill handle, little back cross bottom right of cell) it will increment by a day for each row. If you'ld like more assistance please feel free to post back with additional details. Cheers JulieD "tg" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:429d01c4afae$b110b910$a601280a@phx.gbl... > is there a formula for a continues monthly calendar? ...

Setting up Outlook 2003 #2
I am in the process of setting up Outlook 2003 on my new computer. I believe I may have click the wrong answer and have put in incorrect information for outlook to start. I keep getting a box that ask for Username and passcode. When I put in the information I think it should be, I receive this message: Unable to open your default e-mail. The file C:\Documents and Setting\Owner\Local Setting\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.ost is not an offline folder file. Please tell me what I should do. When I click OK. Outlook closes. Thanks. -- Trying to keep up with technology G...

end of file reached
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: imap when i try to send an email using imap account, using smtp <br> any ideas what this error is ? <br> and how to cure On 1/27/10 9:56 AM, in article 59bb1b90.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "markc0@officeformac.com" <markc0@officeformac.com> wrote: > when i try to send an email using imap account, using smtp > any ideas what this error is ? > and how to cure The file that has reached it's end is often the preferences file. Move the 'Microsoft...

how do i set up drop down menus to populate cells in excel?
Hi, I'm trying to build a database in excel, and to aide data inputting, i'm trying to figure out if you can use drop down menu's like in the form view of access. eg in access you list all the possble responses and add this to the drop down menu for selection to populate the field so you don't have to type it out again. I'm using excel because several people will need access to the file and not many use access. Is it possible to do this in excel??? You can use Data Validation to create dropdown lists. There are instructions in Excel's help, and here: h...

Mails Combined
HI, I mistakenly delete all mails from Inbox and then found them on the deleted Items and selected all and ask to move folders back to Inbox. the problem is all mails were combined into one email and moved back in to Inbox as a single email. How do i go back to the original version. How do i uncombined all the mails in to individual mails from the right recipient? Please help ASAP.. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com ...

Excel 2003- Tabbing to a specific location in a cell
I have created a template and I want to be able to fill in parts of the template by just tabbing and the cursor to move to the next cell...and to a specific area in the cell...how do i set up my template to do this? THanks so much unlock the cells you want to tab to. leave the other cells protected. then protected the sheet. -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "monty the magician" <monty the magician@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FD3728D8-E730-407E-B58A-FED2C6D9EA8A@microsoft.com... >I have created a template and I want to be able to f...

RSS feed #2
I do not want Outlook as an RSS client. Every time I click on a feed, Outlook grabs it! How can I stop this so I can use live bookmarks etc? THANKS Robin "a novice" Hello RC Crabbe, I can do it for you. Please reply if you want it. Regards Andrej > I do not want Outlook as an RSS client. Every time I click on a feed, > Outlook grabs it! How can I stop this so I can use live bookmarks etc? > > > THANKS > Robin "a novice" > ...

Excel writes "May 10" when I input "5-10". How to stop this?
I write a number range - e.g. 5-10 (as in "five to ten"), and Excel automatically turns it into a date (e.g. May 5th). How do I stop this irritating function? (If I wanted to write a date I'm not so stupid I couldn't just write it.) hi Carter, you can preceed by typing a " ' " a single quote befre typing 5-10 excel will recognise it as a text. else right click on the range where you planning to type the numbers and go oto properties and convert the cell format to text. It willl then only display as 5-10 "Carter" wrote: > I write a number...

sum by coding without 0 #2
hi in the following program if there is no value in the cells a1 and b1 it returns 0 Public Sub Add2Cells() Range("C1").Value = Range("A1").Value + Range("B1").Value End Sub i need only the output if the both the cells have the data will you can tell me that Public Sub Add2Cells() If Range("A1").Value <> "" And .Range("B1").Value <> "" Then Range("C1").Value = Range("A1").Value + Range("B1").Value End If End Sub -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no ...

help !!! lost floppy 2 / 2 of my back up file
I still have floppy number 1 and it's fine, Is there a way I can recover at least the data on that floppy? On doing the restore, after finishing floppy 1, asks for floppy 2, but i don't have any and it aborts the restore process. Any idea, what can i do? In microsoft.public.money, Fife wrote: >I still have floppy number 1 and it's fine, >Is there a way I can recover at least the data on that floppy? No. > >On doing the restore, after finishing floppy 1, asks for floppy 2, but i >don't have any and it aborts the restore process. > >Any idea, what...

Automatic settling of EDC Batch #2
Is there a way to stelle an EDC batch automatically in RMS, or an add-on that accomplishes this? This would be very handy. Thank you in advance. ...

document for file I/O with VBA
Hi all, Where can I find a complete document about File I/O with VBA? I find it hard to find in help due to the way it is organized. I want to find ways to deal with files especially ".INI" alike text files using Open, Input, etc. (let me know if there are better ways). The functions I need are to seek lables like [General] and delte or replace data in the section. Thank you, muster <muster@gmail.com> wrote: >Where can I find a complete document about File I/O with VBA? I find >it hard to find in help due to the way it is organized. Access Type Writing Data ...

Notification if no external e-mail recieved for over 2 hours.
Recently the SMTP authentication settings were changed so that no external e-mails could be recieved. There was no way to see that this was the case until someone complained. Is there any way to monitor externally recieved e-mails so that if none are recieved after a certain amount of time for a notification to be generated? In this case a script using telnet could be used to check if e-mails could be recieved externally, but I was looking more for something like if no external e-mails recieved by any users for two hours then create notification. I can't seem to think of any way to che...

merge/combine workshhets
I need to merge about 75 worksheets into one spreadsheet on a regular basis - all have exactly the same format/layout etc back can vary in the number of rows Try this Jeff http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Jeff224" <Jeff224@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6790506-2888-4F4D-80EA-BB0D9F9B27A2@microsoft.com... >I need to merge about 75 worksheets into one spreadsheet on a regular basis - > all have exactly the same format/layout etc back can vary in the number of > rows Or http://www.rondebru...

excel formula #4
I have in column A1:A365 all dates of the year 2005 and in colum B1:B365 the days of that date. In column D1:D365, E1:D365 and F1;F365 I fill in a X for every actio Succeeded. SO if it is 1 January 2005 and the action in D1 and E1 and F1 are al succeeded I fill in those fields an: X I have in a cell a formula what checks how many % (procent) succeede of the fields who are filled. But when it is December he also calculates the X that are filled in A etc. Now I would like to make a formula which calculates how many action went good in the last 30 days is this possible? So that he only chec...

BillPay #2
When will Money start using the the free MyCheckFree.com? This a free service now. What gives. Boo Microsoft. I may need to switch. Yikes! So why am I socked with a $5.95 monthly fee? Just because I use it within the Money program? I don't use my bank so not sure why I get the fee. Thanks! "Bogee" <Bogee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C06B9868-442D-4841-98D3-0C85524F86ED@microsoft.com... > When will Money start using the the free MyCheckFree.com? This a free > service > now. What gives. > > Boo Microsoft. I may need to switch. ...

excel 2003 publish to a remote share does not work...
Using Excel 2003. Create a chart and have saved it as a web page and published to a remote share. When I save it locally, it works fine and is interactive,etc.. When I save it remotely and open the htm file in a web browser, it opens like the charting area but the data is not present. Gives error below in the pivot table that appears. Getting error The query could not be processed: o Error opening data file "file://\\remoteserver01\hassan\numbers_files\Numbers_Jan24_12558_cachedata001.xml". Any idea how to fix it ? I want others to access it remotely. Thanks ...