combine worksheets from 2 excel files

Anyone know how to take 2 excel files and combine all worksheets into one file.  i.e. 3 worksheets in one, 3 in another, all with complex formulas (relating only to other cells in that worksheet).  How do I convert to a single file

Thank

anan

0
anonymous (74719)

Open both WBs.

Select (group) all 3 sheets of one of the WBs and right click in the tabs.
Choose "Move or Copy",
And expand the "To Book" box and click on the name of the other WB.
Then <OK>.
--

HTH,

RD

"akumar61" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Anyone know how to take 2 excel files and combine all worksheets into one
file.  i.e. 3 worksheets in one, 3 in another, all with complex formulas
(relating only to other cells in that worksheet).  How do I convert to a
single file?

Thanks

anand

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
2/7/2004 2:15:29 AM
Open both workbooks.

Select all the sheets in one and Edit|move or copy sheet (move is ok)
and move them to the first workbook.

Save it with a new name.

(If there were worksheets with the same names, you might want to rename the
"(1)" version.)

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Setting up Outlook 2003 #2
I am in the process of setting up Outlook 2003 on my new computer. I believe I may have click the wrong answer and have put in incorrect information for outlook to start. I keep getting a box that ask for Username and passcode. When I put in the information I think it should be, I receive this message: Unable to open your default e-mail. The file C:\Documents and Setting\Owner\Local Setting\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.ost is not an offline folder file. Please tell me what I should do. When I click OK. Outlook closes. Thanks. -- Trying to keep up with technology G...

end of file reached
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: imap when i try to send an email using imap account, using smtp <br> any ideas what this error is ? <br> and how to cure On 1/27/10 9:56 AM, in article 59bb1b90.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "markc0@officeformac.com" <markc0@officeformac.com> wrote: > when i try to send an email using imap account, using smtp > any ideas what this error is ? > and how to cure The file that has reached it's end is often the preferences file. Move the 'Microsoft...

how do i set up drop down menus to populate cells in excel?
Hi, I'm trying to build a database in excel, and to aide data inputting, i'm trying to figure out if you can use drop down menu's like in the form view of access. eg in access you list all the possble responses and add this to the drop down menu for selection to populate the field so you don't have to type it out again. I'm using excel because several people will need access to the file and not many use access. Is it possible to do this in excel??? You can use Data Validation to create dropdown lists. There are instructions in Excel's help, and here: h...

to use workday function in excel vba code
hi all, is there a way to use wrokday function in my worksheet controls.? i have a date time picker in my worksheet and a text box and a button. on click of this button i should get next desired date. like when i select a date from the calendar and click on button ther is onclick function in my macro. this onclick should calculate next desired date(assume if i choos 10/11/2005 and add 2 to this date i should get 12/11/2005) i know how to use workday function using a cell reference but................ i don't know how to put this into a vba code. if i use workday("10/11/2005&qu...

calendar #2
is there a formula for a continues monthly calendar? Hi tg not exactly sure what you're after here but if you enter 01/01/05 in a cell and drag down (autofill handle, little back cross bottom right of cell) it will increment by a day for each row. If you'ld like more assistance please feel free to post back with additional details. Cheers JulieD "tg" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:429d01c4afae$b110b910$a601280a@phx.gbl... > is there a formula for a continues monthly calendar? ...

Mails Combined
HI, I mistakenly delete all mails from Inbox and then found them on the deleted Items and selected all and ask to move folders back to Inbox. the problem is all mails were combined into one email and moved back in to Inbox as a single email. How do i go back to the original version. How do i uncombined all the mails in to individual mails from the right recipient? Please help ASAP.. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com ...

Excel 2003- Tabbing to a specific location in a cell
I have created a template and I want to be able to fill in parts of the template by just tabbing and the cursor to move to the next cell...and to a specific area in the cell...how do i set up my template to do this? THanks so much unlock the cells you want to tab to. leave the other cells protected. then protected the sheet. -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "monty the magician" <monty the magician@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FD3728D8-E730-407E-B58A-FED2C6D9EA8A@microsoft.com... >I have created a template and I want to be able to f...

Changing worksheet cells from inside a function
Hi The following code in VB (excel 2000): ----------- start code function f(x as double) as double cells(1,1) = "A" f = x + 2 end function ----------- end code produces #ARG error when inserted into a worksheet. The offending line is: cells(1,1) = "A" Does it mean I can't change worksheet cells from inside a function ? But macros do it. What I'm doing wrong, or is there a way around ? Best greetings Antek, Warsaw, Poland -- remove SPAM before onet.pl antekL1@poczta.SPAMonet.pl Hi Antek, A function, when used in a worksheet, cannot change or alter an...

Files not opening how I saved them
I am really getting fed up with this now and I am wondering if anybody can offer me a solution. I am doing various different things in Word and Excel. In word working on documents that involve simple layouts, things like columns and in Excel I am only working with basic tables. Whenever I save a document and then come back to it the next day the documents are 'deformed' compared to how they were when I saved them. The width of columns is changed, the position of text has moved and it is really annoying me. Worse still is that last week when I opened an Excel sheet again all the letter...

BillPay #2
When will Money start using the the free MyCheckFree.com? This a free service now. What gives. Boo Microsoft. I may need to switch. Yikes! So why am I socked with a $5.95 monthly fee? Just because I use it within the Money program? I don't use my bank so not sure why I get the fee. Thanks! "Bogee" <Bogee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C06B9868-442D-4841-98D3-0C85524F86ED@microsoft.com... > When will Money start using the the free MyCheckFree.com? This a free > service > now. What gives. > > Boo Microsoft. I may need to switch. ...

excel formula #4
I have in column A1:A365 all dates of the year 2005 and in colum B1:B365 the days of that date. In column D1:D365, E1:D365 and F1;F365 I fill in a X for every actio Succeeded. SO if it is 1 January 2005 and the action in D1 and E1 and F1 are al succeeded I fill in those fields an: X I have in a cell a formula what checks how many % (procent) succeede of the fields who are filled. But when it is December he also calculates the X that are filled in A etc. Now I would like to make a formula which calculates how many action went good in the last 30 days is this possible? So that he only chec...

excel 2003 publish to a remote share does not work...
Using Excel 2003. Create a chart and have saved it as a web page and published to a remote share. When I save it locally, it works fine and is interactive,etc.. When I save it remotely and open the htm file in a web browser, it opens like the charting area but the data is not present. Gives error below in the pivot table that appears. Getting error The query could not be processed: o Error opening data file "file://\\remoteserver01\hassan\numbers_files\Numbers_Jan24_12558_cachedata001.xml". Any idea how to fix it ? I want others to access it remotely. Thanks ...

Finding the combination that appears more times
Hi everybody i have a list on excel 2007 that displays the purchase of items on columns A:E, each column showing one (1) item I want to find what combination of items appears more times, especifically, which combination of four (4) is the favorite mix eg: A B C D F A C D E F B C D E F B C D F Z in this example, the winner would be (B, C, D, E) as it appears 3 times the main problem is that I have over 1,000 rows and trying with =SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIF(A1:E1,$N$1:$R$1)) por each combination would take forever... is there a simpler, quicker ...

Slow printing #2
Hi I am using a macro in Excel 97 to move fields from a record to a print template on a second sheet and then print it using the 'ActiveSheet.PrintOut' function. The macro loops through 100 records, scheduling the reports but takes forever to print them. There was a post some time ago with a similar problem and the suggestion was to disable the refresh screen or something like that. Any suggestions please. Charles ...

Glamour models & Fasion designing New look watch my profile http://www.geocities.com/cathrina39 #2
Glamour models & Fasion designing New look watch my profile http://www.geocities.com/cathrina39 ...

Excel Headers & Footer Editing Program
Does anyone know of a program where I could open an excel file and ad alternating headers and footers? Excel really sucks when it comes t this, and inserting the headers and footers manually is a nightmare. tried pagemaker but didn't have much success. Any help i appreciated. Thanks, Chri -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

password a worksheet
i have a worksheet in a workbook i need a password so no one can view it. only the main user can view it by entering the password it contain valuble information about the company can someone help to create a password box from the main menu to open the worksheet. if the password id incorrect then it should take the user back to the main menu. Please help -- please can you help... its urgent "Moh" <Moh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0837C68E-2DA0-41A3-A554-0959AA78D8B6@microsoft.com... >i have a worksheet in a workbook i need a password so no one can...

document for file I/O with VBA
Hi all, Where can I find a complete document about File I/O with VBA? I find it hard to find in help due to the way it is organized. I want to find ways to deal with files especially ".INI" alike text files using Open, Input, etc. (let me know if there are better ways). The functions I need are to seek lables like [General] and delte or replace data in the section. Thank you, muster <muster@gmail.com> wrote: >Where can I find a complete document about File I/O with VBA? I find >it hard to find in help due to the way it is organized. Access Type Writing Data ...

Notification if no external e-mail recieved for over 2 hours.
Recently the SMTP authentication settings were changed so that no external e-mails could be recieved. There was no way to see that this was the case until someone complained. Is there any way to monitor externally recieved e-mails so that if none are recieved after a certain amount of time for a notification to be generated? In this case a script using telnet could be used to check if e-mails could be recieved externally, but I was looking more for something like if no external e-mails recieved by any users for two hours then create notification. I can't seem to think of any way to che...

merge/combine workshhets
I need to merge about 75 worksheets into one spreadsheet on a regular basis - all have exactly the same format/layout etc back can vary in the number of rows Try this Jeff http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Jeff224" <Jeff224@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6790506-2888-4F4D-80EA-BB0D9F9B27A2@microsoft.com... >I need to merge about 75 worksheets into one spreadsheet on a regular basis - > all have exactly the same format/layout etc back can vary in the number of > rows Or http://www.rondebru...

Automatic settling of EDC Batch #2
Is there a way to stelle an EDC batch automatically in RMS, or an add-on that accomplishes this? This would be very handy. Thank you in advance. ...

Problem opening Excel files from Windows Explorer
Hi All, When I go to open up and Excel file from Windows Explorer by double-clicking it, a 1 is added to the filename. If I open the same file from within Excel itself there is no problem. Any ideas? Thanks From Windows Explorer's Tools menu | Folder Options | File Types Scroll to find XLS | Advanced Select Open then Edit Application used (for me running XL2003) is: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE" /e -- Rob van Gelder - http://www.vangelder.co.nz/excel "aj" <amandasteele@dodo.com.au> wrote in message news:1107057566.980551.234180@...

RANDOM WEIGHT (PRICE EMBEDDED) EAN/UPC BARCODES IN STORE VER 2.0
HELLO , I CREATED THE RANDOM WEIGHT CODE STARTING WITH (201000100000) THE BREAK UP OF THE CODE IS 20 = PREFIX 10001=ITEM LOOKUPCODE 00000=WEIGHING PRICE AFTER SETTING THE EAN13 CODE FOR THE WEIGHING ITEM I TRIED TO SCAN THE BARCODE WHICH IS CREATED IN WEIGHING SCALE . BUT THE POS IS NOT PICKING UP THIS CODE PLEASE ADVICE THE SOLUTION FOR THIS 1. make sure you've turn the utilize EAN/UPC option on. 2. HHIIIIIPPPDDC HH - header identifier, must be started w/ 02 or 20 IIIII - item lookup code (SKU in the scale) PPP - price to the left decimal DD - price to the right decimal C - che...

Time Formula #2
Hi I run Excel 2K I download data from a mainframe. This data has a date & time format in it (dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss) I work in a place that has a 3 shift cycle - day shift, afternoon shift, night shift. Day shift starts at 7:20am and ends at 15:29pm Afternoon shift starts at 15:30pm and ends at 23:19pm Night shift starts at 23:20pm amd ends at 7:19am I need a formula that looks at the cell with the date/time in it and displays the word DAY (for the time frame of day shift), AFTERNOON (for the timeframe of afternoon shift) and NIGHT (for the timeframe of night shift) In my previous ...

Combining 2 Excel (xls) files
I have 2 xls workbooks with different sheet names and both with different range names. I would like to combine them both into one workbook so that I don't have to re-create all of the range names. Is there a way to do that? -- LAF ------------------------------------------------------------------------ LAF's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=9656 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=346017 Hi LAF- Open both files (let's call them A & B, and assume A will be your "combined" file). Working i...