combine values of 2 columns

i have two columns in my worksheets, the 1st one contains a link
something that goes like:
http://www.somewhere.com/page.asp?=

then my 2nd column contains a product id. like: 1062

i wish to combine both columsn to give me an exact url for page. how d
i do this in excel? i've been testing all the function but no use.
quite confused. thanks

=HYPERLINK(A1&B1)

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

for page. how do
>i do this in excel? i've been testing all the function
but no use. m

http://www.ExcelForum.com/

>.

0
jason.morin (561)
11/19/2003 7:10:39 PM
Try this

With you link in cell A2 and your id # in B2 place the followin
formula in C2.

=A2&B2

Good luck

Setting up Outlook 2003 #2
I am in the process of setting up Outlook 2003 on my new computer. I believe I may have click the wrong answer and have put in incorrect information for outlook to start. I keep getting a box that ask for Username and passcode. When I put in the information I think it should be, I receive this message: Unable to open your default e-mail. The file C:\Documents and Setting\Owner\Local Setting\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.ost is not an offline folder file. Please tell me what I should do. When I click OK. Outlook closes. Thanks. -- Trying to keep up with technology G...

calendar #2
is there a formula for a continues monthly calendar? Hi tg not exactly sure what you're after here but if you enter 01/01/05 in a cell and drag down (autofill handle, little back cross bottom right of cell) it will increment by a day for each row. If you'ld like more assistance please feel free to post back with additional details. Cheers JulieD "tg" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:429d01c4afae$b110b910$a601280a@phx.gbl... > is there a formula for a continues monthly calendar? ...

Mails Combined
HI, I mistakenly delete all mails from Inbox and then found them on the deleted Items and selected all and ask to move folders back to Inbox. the problem is all mails were combined into one email and moved back in to Inbox as a single email. How do i go back to the original version. How do i uncombined all the mails in to individual mails from the right recipient? Please help ASAP.. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com ...

edit network script for window pop-up, store values... help..
ok, I have a script that compares two dates: A scheduled pickup date - column J and The Acctual Picked up date - column K in order to be compliant, the time frame between these two dates can't not take longer then 2 days from the scheduled pickup date. Right now, the script when I run it, looks at all the data and in column N prefilles the =NETWORKDAYS formula and then runs the statistics, showing anything less then 0 as red and more then 2 as red, 0, 1, 2 as black. Then on the spreadsheet I have a formula that looks at the column N and counts the number ranges and figure out the per...

merge/combine workshhets
I need to merge about 75 worksheets into one spreadsheet on a regular basis - all have exactly the same format/layout etc back can vary in the number of rows Try this Jeff http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Jeff224" <Jeff224@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6790506-2888-4F4D-80EA-BB0D9F9B27A2@microsoft.com... >I need to merge about 75 worksheets into one spreadsheet on a regular basis - > all have exactly the same format/layout etc back can vary in the number of > rows Or http://www.rondebru...

Automatic settling of EDC Batch #2
Is there a way to stelle an EDC batch automatically in RMS, or an add-on that accomplishes this? This would be very handy. Thank you in advance. ...

Notification if no external e-mail recieved for over 2 hours.
Recently the SMTP authentication settings were changed so that no external e-mails could be recieved. There was no way to see that this was the case until someone complained. Is there any way to monitor externally recieved e-mails so that if none are recieved after a certain amount of time for a notification to be generated? In this case a script using telnet could be used to check if e-mails could be recieved externally, but I was looking more for something like if no external e-mails recieved by any users for two hours then create notification. I can't seem to think of any way to che...

BillPay #2
When will Money start using the the free MyCheckFree.com? This a free service now. What gives. Boo Microsoft. I may need to switch. Yikes! So why am I socked with a $5.95 monthly fee? Just because I use it within the Money program? I don't use my bank so not sure why I get the fee. Thanks! "Bogee" <Bogee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C06B9868-442D-4841-98D3-0C85524F86ED@microsoft.com... > When will Money start using the the free MyCheckFree.com? This a free > service > now. What gives. > > Boo Microsoft. I may need to switch. ...

Finding the combination that appears more times
Hi everybody i have a list on excel 2007 that displays the purchase of items on columns A:E, each column showing one (1) item I want to find what combination of items appears more times, especifically, which combination of four (4) is the favorite mix eg: A B C D F A C D E F B C D E F B C D F Z in this example, the winner would be (B, C, D, E) as it appears 3 times the main problem is that I have over 1,000 rows and trying with =SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIF(A1:E1,$N$1:$R$1)) por each combination would take forever... is there a simpler, quicker ...

Combining 2 Excel (xls) files
I have 2 xls workbooks with different sheet names and both with different range names. I would like to combine them both into one workbook so that I don't have to re-create all of the range names. Is there a way to do that? -- LAF ------------------------------------------------------------------------ LAF's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=9656 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=346017 Hi LAF- Open both files (let's call them A & B, and assume A will be your "combined" file). Working i...

cell value goes up by one count
,Hello Again Could i get some help with this. How does one get an activecell , that has a value of 1, that is copied from sheet1 to sheet2 so that the value changes from 1 to a 2 and so on depending on how many times I copy a sheet. I hope this makes sense Thanks in Advance Allan =sheet1!(a1). I think you are asking for this formula. It will change the value of current cell (doesn't matter on which sheet you are currently working) to value of Sheet 1's A1 cell. Means if Sheet 1 A1 = 100 and you are currently working on Sheet 2 F1, then this formula will show the F1 value ...

convert #2
I have my checks on version 6 of quicken. It's backup file is qdb. It wouldn't run in this new vista machine so I bought the 2009 version. It says in black and white in a hard to find instruction that it has changed format and will not import my old files, it uses qif. I returned it and got my refund check today. How about that? My question. If ms money will import my old files, I want to buy it. If it will not, I don't want it. I have been looking and can not find anywhere it says one or the other. Glenn In microsoft.public.money, Glenn wrote: >I have my checks on ...

forecast function help #2
Just to clarify that formula, am i right to say this? =ROUND(FORECAST($E$1,B2:D2,$B$1:$D$1),0) $E$1 - is selecting the forcast for year 2004 B2:D2 - is selecting all the data bar the years in the top row $B$1:$D$1 - is being used to predict the outcome for 2004 Is that right? Thanks again -- metho ----------------------------------------------------------------------- method's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1503 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26644 Hi B1:D1 are the x values there B2:D2 the associated y ...

Can I format an entire row based on the value of a single cell?
I would like to use the conditional formatting feature to format an entire row rather than just a single cell. For example: If the cell value = "Total" then the entire row is bold. select your range (multiple rows???). Then with A3 (say) the activecell in that selection: format|Conditional formatting formula is: =$a3="total" apply a nice format LTShelley wrote: > > I would like to use the conditional formatting feature to format an entire > row rather than just a single cell. For example: If the cell value = "Total" > then the entire row is bo...

Combining Publications
Can I combine two different publications into one? Suzi wrote: > Can I combine two different publications into one? ========================================= Personally, I would simply open two instances of Publisher (one document in each) / tile the two screens...and copy/paste. Maybe the following link will be useful: Combining Publisher Documents http://tinyurl.com/2lpj5w -- John Inzer MS Picture It! - Digital Image MVP Digital Image Highlights and FAQs http://tinyurl.com/aczzp Notice This is not tech support I am a volunteer Solutions that wo...

Fill values for formula
I am trying to write a formula that will do the following: if a cell i fill in with color, do not sum values, otherwise sum values. However I do not know what the fill variable is to put in the formula. Hop this make sense. Please help. Thank You -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi gardener! See: Chip Pearson: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm Watch out for colors that result from conditional formatting as they are treated differently from "manually" imposed colors. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Exc...

Creating array from matrix with blank values
I have a matrix in the following format 1 X X X X X X X X X X X 3 X X X X X 4 X X X X X X X X where 'X' is a blank cell. I need to get the data in the form 1 3 4 Any suggestions? I tried a nested if statement but it doesn't work since there are more than 7 ifs. Andryll, If there is only one value in each row, then simply using =SUM(A1:L1) where A1:L1 is your top row, then copied down for two more rows, will give you your desired result. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP <Andryll.Davis@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1160141392.644344.173360@i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com......

Bubble chart with multiple values per series
Hi all, I've got data that looks like this: Business Unit Interest Influence/Authority Role Cards & Payments 7 9 5 Internet 10 8 2 Cards & Payments10 5 2 I'm trying to create a Bubble chart (in Excel 2007) that has: 1. Interest as the X-axis 2. Influence/Authority as the Y-axis 3. Role as the bubble size 4. Business Unit as the Series name If there is only once instance of a particular business unit, then this doesn't appear to be a problem. It's a bit ma...

look up problem #2
I hope this makes more sense to read that it does as i am typing it. my current spreadsheet is almost at a final stage, but i do have on more requirement, my spreadsheet is very limited to current stocks o cars and does not allow me to include new cars to my garage. the cars are entered in as code in the editor. i would like to hear of a better way of doing this please. i could do with, on the data tab of my sprerdsheet a button to add new car, the new car to be added to the current list of viechles. but then the userform on my sales worksheet to look at this list an carry out all...

Can't divide the columns by twelve anymore

How to Combine Data in Different Columns
Hi Everyone I need help in this issue. I have tried many ways though some wer successful but they were not efficient. I have say 5 columns of data and the data could be on the same rows o all 5 columns or on different rows hence if I need to combine all th data of these 5 columns, I would have to sort or filter each of the manually and copy and paste to a different worksheet or column. This i very tedious and time consuming. I also tried to write a macro to loo for data in one column then put them into another column but i was no successful. However, experts like you guys shouldn't have ...

ClearContents if #VALUE! found in cell
Hi All........ This code works fine for a text string as "oldest", but I want it to work if the cell value is #VALUE! (basically, clear or delete the row is the #VALUE! error is found) Dim oldest As String oldest = Range("data!k1").Value 'value is a text string With Sheets("ALL12") lastrow = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "a").End(xlUp).Row For r = lastrow To 12 Step -1 If .Cells(r, "b").Value Like oldest Then .Rows(r).EntireRow.ClearContents End If Next r End With Any help would be ...

Scatter chart for real-time tracking of a single cell value ?
Hi. I use Excel 2003. On a spreadsheet connected to a DDE data feed, I have a cell containing an integer number that updates and changes constantly during the day. I would like to chart the number in that cell in real-time second by second between certain hours of the day. I have been told that it may be possible to use a scatter chart to do this but I have not been able to make it work or to find useful help files. It seems to me that the problem has to do with charting a single cell rather than a range but I'm not sure. Any practical advice or pointer to a "how-to" web site w...

combinations
I have a finite number of values that represent length (right now I have less than 20 values). Can Excel take these values and list all possible combinations of the values? Any pointers appreciated. Stephen R. Stephen, No. There are 2,432,902,008,176,640,000 possible ways to combine 20 different values. That is, unless you have another limitation, like only using 4 at a time.... HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Stephen R" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:u9ZiYhOeFHA.1456@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > I have a finite number of values that represent length (right...