Combine rows to print on one label

I have imported student information into an excel spreadsheet (use Excel
2003).  Each student has one row of information for each course they take.  I
need to print one label for each student and each course & grade must print
on a single label.  How do I combine the rows to cause this to happen?

assuming the info in the row is divided into separate columns for name,
course, grade, etc you can do a mail merge in word using the spreadsheet as
the data source

"Clearcreek" wrote:

> I have imported student information into an excel spreadsheet (use Excel
> 2003).  Each student has one row of information for each course they take.  I
> need to print one label for each student and each course & grade must print
> on a single label.  How do I combine the rows to cause this to happen?
That is what I am trying to do.  However, a student has from 5-8 courses
which print on separate rows in my excel data source.  When I try to  merge
using my excel spreadsheet as my data source, it prints one label for each
COURSE rather than ONE LABEL PER STUDENT that contains ALL 6-8 courses.

Jane Doe    History
Jane Doe    Math
Jane Doe    Social Studies

"dlw" wrote:

> assuming the info in the row is divided into separate columns for name,
> course, grade, etc you can do a mail merge in word using the spreadsheet as
> the data source
>
> "Clearcreek" wrote:
>
> > I have imported student information into an excel spreadsheet (use Excel
> > 2003).  Each student has one row of information for each course they take.  I
> > need to print one label for each student and each course & grade must print
> > on a single label.  How do I combine the rows to cause this to happen?

Mails Combined
HI, I mistakenly delete all mails from Inbox and then found them on the deleted Items and selected all and ask to move folders back to Inbox. the problem is all mails were combined into one email and moved back in to Inbox as a single email. How do i go back to the original version. How do i uncombined all the mails in to individual mails from the right recipient? Please help ASAP.. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com ...

Restart numbering ater a set number of rows
I have an excel spreadsheet with 4 columns. the first two columns contains numbers which will never change the third column starts off with 0 (zero) and is repeated for 255 rows then on the 256 row it needs to change to 1 (so basically increment by 1 every 255 rows) the fourth column starts at 0 (zero) and counts up to 255 but then needs to reset it self back to 0 on the 256 row. Help Please!!!!!:confused: ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ One way: I...

Row Number
I need hellp with a formula. In Cell E8 I need to write a formula that will search Column A rows 18 thru 32 and if it finds the date 09/16/2006 it will display the row number. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Dianne You didn't say what result you want if the date is not present. One way... A1 = some date =IF(COUNTIF(A18:A32,A1),INDEX(ROW(A18:A32),MATCH(A1,A18:A32,0)),"") If the date isn't present the formula returns blank. -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Dianne" <Dianne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

merge/combine workshhets
I need to merge about 75 worksheets into one spreadsheet on a regular basis - all have exactly the same format/layout etc back can vary in the number of rows Try this Jeff http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Jeff224" <Jeff224@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6790506-2888-4F4D-80EA-BB0D9F9B27A2@microsoft.com... >I need to merge about 75 worksheets into one spreadsheet on a regular basis - > all have exactly the same format/layout etc back can vary in the number of > rows Or http://www.rondebru...

prints fine on paper, not on card
I am creating wedding response cards, 5.5" X 4.25" (2 down, perforated, on page). They print fine on an 8.5 X 11 piece of paper, but when I use the actual card the bottom .5" is not printed. Can anyone explain that PLEASE?! What version of Publisher? Are you using a postcard setup? Portrait? It could be your printer's limitation. Some ink jets will have a margin limitation of 5.5. If you are using Publisher 2007 I would suggest using the Avery postcard page setup. Tutorial: Finding your Maximum Print Area http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/horidiag -- Mary ...

Vlookup in vba
Hi I have the following snippet of code: Sheets("mdata").Select Range("E1").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "RVU" Range("E2").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(RC[-1],rvu!R[-1]C[-4]:R[7238]C[-3],2)),0,VLOOKUP(RC[-1],rvu!R[-1]C[-4]:R[7238]C[-3],2))" Range("E2").Select Selection.AutoFill Destination:=Range("E2:E" & LastRow), Type:=xlFillDefault This fills about 5,000 rows with look up data from the rvu ws, and puts in 0 if #N/A is obtained. HOWEVER, if I was ...

import excel spreadsheet without empty rows (causing nulls)
Hi. I am trying to import an excel file into access. The import goes fine or so I thought. When I opened the table it had all my excel data plus over 9000 null valued records.So instead of getting a record set number of 200 records, I got over 9200. I have re imported the table after deleting empty rows (<-it felt pointless because there was nothing that I was deleting, I just figured there was something hidden) in the spreadsheet but it did the same thing. Is there something that attaches to the spreadsheet that causes null records? Please let me know if you know what has happened. Thank...

One use licence
I have purchased a one use student/teacher copy of Microsoft office 2007 from my colleges IT department. My laptop has recently developed a serious fault and will need to be replaced. I still have the disks and I was wondering, if i remove the program from my old laptop will i be able to install it on my new machine. If so what would I need to do? On 2/28/2010 8:05 AM, Mr Random101 wrote: > I have purchased a one use student/teacher copy of Microsoft office 2007 from > my colleges IT department. My laptop has recently developed a serious fault > and will need to be...

Printing spreadsheets crested in earlier versoins of Excel
Hello - My computer and my wife's computer are networked. I have WinXP and Excel 2000 9.0.3821 SR-1 on my computer. She has Win98 and Excel 2000 9.0.2720. When I print a spreadsheet created in Win98 with an earlier version of Excel (I'm not sure which version), I get "squiggilly" vertical lines and numbers. When I print the same file on the same printer using my wife's computer it looks fine. What is the problem? Is there a way I can convert the file so it will print correctly? Thanks Drew As answered at your second post: Have you tried copying the conte...

Finding the combination that appears more times
Hi everybody i have a list on excel 2007 that displays the purchase of items on columns A:E, each column showing one (1) item I want to find what combination of items appears more times, especifically, which combination of four (4) is the favorite mix eg: A B C D F A C D E F B C D E F B C D F Z in this example, the winner would be (B, C, D, E) as it appears 3 times the main problem is that I have over 1,000 rows and trying with =SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIF(A1:E1,$N$1:$R$1)) por each combination would take forever... is there a simpler, quicker ...

Combining 2 Excel (xls) files
I have 2 xls workbooks with different sheet names and both with different range names. I would like to combine them both into one workbook so that I don't have to re-create all of the range names. Is there a way to do that? -- LAF ------------------------------------------------------------------------ LAF's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=9656 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=346017 Hi LAF- Open both files (let's call them A & B, and assume A will be your "combined" file). Working i...

Can I format an entire row based on the value of a single cell?
I would like to use the conditional formatting feature to format an entire row rather than just a single cell. For example: If the cell value = "Total" then the entire row is bold. select your range (multiple rows???). Then with A3 (say) the activecell in that selection: format|Conditional formatting formula is: =$a3="total" apply a nice format LTShelley wrote: > > I would like to use the conditional formatting feature to format an entire > row rather than just a single cell. For example: If the cell value = "Total" > then the entire row is bo...

Combining Publications
Can I combine two different publications into one? Suzi wrote: > Can I combine two different publications into one? ========================================= Personally, I would simply open two instances of Publisher (one document in each) / tile the two screens...and copy/paste. Maybe the following link will be useful: Combining Publisher Documents http://tinyurl.com/2lpj5w -- John Inzer MS Picture It! - Digital Image MVP Digital Image Highlights and FAQs http://tinyurl.com/aczzp Notice This is not tech support I am a volunteer Solutions that wo...

Printing upcoming Bills & Depostis
I finally figured out how to print out my upcoming bills and deposits! It only took me about a year! So for anyone who is interested it is... Bills & Deposits > Reports > Print Don't know how they expect people to know this? But I'm glad I found it. (totally by accident!) Jennifer ...

How to Combine Data in Different Columns
Hi Everyone I need help in this issue. I have tried many ways though some wer successful but they were not efficient. I have say 5 columns of data and the data could be on the same rows o all 5 columns or on different rows hence if I need to combine all th data of these 5 columns, I would have to sort or filter each of the manually and copy and paste to a different worksheet or column. This i very tedious and time consuming. I also tried to write a macro to loo for data in one column then put them into another column but i was no successful. However, experts like you guys shouldn't have ...

Splitting Rows
Hello, I have a rather large Excel sheet in which Row 1 contains a Name and Row 2 the Address. This continues (Odd rows having name, even address) throughout the entire sheet. All the information is under column A. Is there a way to split the information so that the odd rows stay in column A and the even rows move to Column B? Thank you in advance, Jack Jack Put this formula in B1 and copy down. =IF(MOD(ROW(A1),2)=1,OFFSET(A1,1,0),"") Copy the formulae in column B and edit>paste special...>values back over itself to 'kill' the formulae You can then filter t...

one data series
i am trying to create a graph that tracks price/metric ton over time. on a second y axis i would like to have the equivalent price per lb. i only want to see one line on the graph, but whenever i try to do this, i come up with two lines. any ideas? thanks, matt Matt - You need at least one series per set of axes. But the second series can be formatted so it is invisible (no markers and lines, or no border and no fill). - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ matt wrote: > i am trying to create a graph that t...

How To Delete the Empty Rows
X .. .. Y .. .. .. Z .. .. .. A .. .. B Dear Sir or Madam Could you show me how to delete the empty rows and keep the colum in the same order(As below)using the Excel Function? X Y Z A B Thanks for your help! If the cells are really empty, you could: Select the column Edit|goto (in xl2003 menus) or F5 or ctrl-g Click Special Then Blanks Then rightclick on one of the selected cells and choose Delete (and entire row--I think that's what you want). On 09/02/2010 16:27, Han wrote: > X > . > . > Y > . > . > . > Z > . > . > . > A > . > . > B &g...

Rows in named range?
How can I determine (using VBA) how many rows and columns are in a named range? Many thanks. -- Ian -- Use these... Range("NamedRange").Rows.Count Range("NamedRange").Columns.Count changing my example "NamedRange" to your actual named range's name. -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "IanC" <me@me.com> wrote in message news:KHTQm.317$Xc2.11@newsfe24.ams2... > How can I determine (using VBA) how many rows and columns are in a named > range? > > > Many thanks. > > -- > Ian > -- >...

Print in borders
How does one tpe inside a clip-art border? Ruth wrote: > How does one tpe inside a clip-art border? And that's an Outlook problem? -- Gordon Burgess-Parker Interim Systems and Management Accounting www.gbpcomputing.co.uk ...

combinations
I have a finite number of values that represent length (right now I have less than 20 values). Can Excel take these values and list all possible combinations of the values? Any pointers appreciated. Stephen R. Stephen, No. There are 2,432,902,008,176,640,000 possible ways to combine 20 different values. That is, unless you have another limitation, like only using 4 at a time.... HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Stephen R" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:u9ZiYhOeFHA.1456@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > I have a finite number of values that represent length (right...

Combine 2 Charts 2007 Excel
I have a line chart (looks like an S curve graph) with two rows of data below & this chart looks exactly like I want it to. Period % Complete Dec-04 7% Jan-05 9% Feb-05 10% Mar-05 12% Apr-05 14% May-05 19% Jun-05 22% Jul-05 23% Aug-05 24% Sep-05 26% Oct-05 28% Nov-05 32% Dec-05 36% Jan-06 40% Feb-06 45% Mar-06 50% Apr-06 55% May-06 59% Jun-06 63% Jul-06 66% Aug-06 71% Sep-06 75% Oct-06 78% Nov-06 81% Dec-06 85% Jan-07 87% Feb-07 89% Mar-07 91% Apr-07 93% May-07 94% Jun-07 94% Jul-07 95% Aug-07 95% Sep-07 95% Oct-07 95% Nov-07 95% Dec-07 95% Jan-08...

printing not complete
publisher 2007, 8. X 11 doc, .5 in margin all edges, hp c7280. bottom of data at apprx 3/4 page. all data displays in print preview. print out stops apprx 2/3 page. why/how fix? Is your printer driver current? What version Windows do you use? XP http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=228&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=3204785 Vista http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=2093&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=3204785 It is always best to completely remove a printer driver before installing/reinstalling. How to clean u...

Sorting rows of repetitive data
I have 12 months annual line item spend data and within that the same part number repeats several times. How do I produce a consolidated report with repetitive line items rolled up to one line item entry? So the total number of part number 1234 showing as one line item instead of six, the total of part number 5678 as a second line item, etc. I can create sub totals but I cannot find a way to consolidate to just one row for the total of each part number. Have you tried using pivot table? Sounds like a good fit. Check http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotstart.htm for how to info....

print worksheet group in color
I'm selecting a group of worksheets to print together, and want to print all of the worksheets in color. I specify on the printer dialog to print in color, however, only the first page actually prints in color. Inpage setup - sheet - print, black and white is not selected. Any thoughts? May be a printer issue? ...