Combination of text in 2 columns

Have a list of names--
first cell contains FirstName, MI; second cell contains LastName;
Need to combine data into 3rd cell;
output of 3rd cell:
FirstName.LastName@XXX.com

What is the easiest way to do this??
Thanks for your help!

Maybe this with your names in A1 and b1

=A1&"."&B1&"@xxx.com"
--
Mike

question.

"eintpc5146" wrote:

> Have a list of names--
> first cell contains FirstName, MI; second cell contains LastName;
> Need to combine data into 3rd cell;
> output of 3rd cell:
> FirstName.LastName@XXX.com
>
> What is the easiest way to do this??
> Thanks for your help!

Thanks Mike, it helped.  I am, however, picking up the middle initial and I
don't need it. How do I keep it out?
Thanks!
ei

"Mike H" wrote:

> Maybe this with your names in A1 and b1
>
> =A1&"."&B1&"@xxx.com"
> --
> Mike

> question.
>

> "eintpc5146" wrote:
>
> > Have a list of names--
> > first cell contains FirstName, MI; second cell contains LastName;
> > Need to combine data into 3rd cell;
> > output of 3rd cell:
> > FirstName.LastName@XXX.com
> >
> > What is the easiest way to do this??
> > Thanks for your help!

Try inserting a column between a & b. Select B1 and click insert, column.
Then Highlight the names in column A. Select Data, text to columns. Choose a
comma as the delimiter, and click finish. Column A should now contain just
the first name, and column B the middle initial. You can delete column B if
you don't need it, and then Mike's formula will give you what you want.

Jim

"eintpc5146" <eintpc5146@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks Mike, it helped.  I am, however, picking up the middle initial and
> don't need it. How do I keep it out?
> Thanks!
> ei
>
> "Mike H" wrote:
>
>> Maybe this with your names in A1 and b1
>>
>> =A1&"."&B1&"@xxx.com"
>> --
>> Mike
>>
>> When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that
>> introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the
>> question.
>>

>> "eintpc5146" wrote:
>>
>> > Have a list of names--
>> > first cell contains FirstName, MI; second cell contains LastName;
>> > Need to combine data into 3rd cell;
>> > output of 3rd cell:
>> > FirstName.LastName@XXX.com
>> >
>> > What is the easiest way to do this??
>> > Thanks for your help!

0
Jim
5/7/2010 12:01:34 AM
eintpc5146;951517 Wrote:
> Have a list of names--
> first cell contains FirstName, MI; second cell contains LastName;
> Need to combine data into 3rd cell;
> output of 3rd cell:
> FirstName.LastName@XXX.com
>
> What is the easiest way to do this??
> Thanks for your help!

You can use this formula directly to get the required name
=CONCATENATE(LEFT(A1,SEARCH(",",A1,1)-1)," "&B1)

Ex: A1 has Bert, P and B1 has Nelson, the above pulls "Bert Nelson" to
C1

all the best

--
bala_vb
0

sum by coding without 0 #2
hi in the following program if there is no value in the cells a1 and b1 it returns 0 Public Sub Add2Cells() Range("C1").Value = Range("A1").Value + Range("B1").Value End Sub i need only the output if the both the cells have the data will you can tell me that Public Sub Add2Cells() If Range("A1").Value <> "" And .Range("B1").Value <> "" Then Range("C1").Value = Range("A1").Value + Range("B1").Value End If End Sub -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no ...

help !!! lost floppy 2 / 2 of my back up file
I still have floppy number 1 and it's fine, Is there a way I can recover at least the data on that floppy? On doing the restore, after finishing floppy 1, asks for floppy 2, but i don't have any and it aborts the restore process. Any idea, what can i do? In microsoft.public.money, Fife wrote: >I still have floppy number 1 and it's fine, >Is there a way I can recover at least the data on that floppy? No. > >On doing the restore, after finishing floppy 1, asks for floppy 2, but i >don't have any and it aborts the restore process. > >Any idea, what...

Text to columns question
I have some data in the following format: Number firstname lastname schoolname The first three fields are one word each. Schoolname can be more than one word. I'm trying to parse the data using the data -> Text to Columns wizard, but I cannot figure out how to tell the wizard that there are only 4 space delimited columns in my data and not 5 for those instances where the schoolname is two words. Any help is appreciated. Thanks. On Jan 22, 9:50 am, MikeB <MPBr...@gmail.com> wrote: > I have some data in the following format: > > Number firstname lastname schoolname >...

Upgrade Path sbs2000/sbs2003r2 and CRM1.2/3.0
We currently have CRM 1.2 installed on a sbs2000 server. We are looking to upgrade this server to sbs2003r2 and we also want to upgrade CRM from 1.2 to 3.0. Can someone recommend the best upgrade path? This is partial book smarts and partial experience... Book smarts: Upgrade to CRM 3.0 on the SBS2000 box (assuming SQL 2000) Experience: Redeploy to SBS2k3R2 box using CRM 3.0 redeployment tool Upgrade to Rollup 1 My experience was to take it from a 3.0 to 3.0 on R2, so I had a SQL 2000 -> SQL 2005 on a new domain. I recommend that you backup and follow the directions to a T. The up...

Address Book Problem #2
Outlook version: 2003 When in a Distribution List, I click on [Select Members] and get this MS Office Outlook message: The list could not be displayed. The Contacts Folder associated with this address could not be opened; It may have been moved or delected, or you do not have permissions. For information on how to remove this folder from the Outlook Address Book, see Outlook Office Outlook Help. [OK] This is a recent problem. Advice? -- Larry Bohen www.audiobooksonline.com Sounds like you have an invalid reference to a Contacts Folder. reset those references here: Tools > E-mail a...

Text on cart based on data in a cell
I have a chart on a separate sheet witch is based on a filtered list on another sheet. I would like to label my chart to show witch filter as been applied, is this possible? (Ho, and if so, how would I do it?) Thanks for any help. Select the chart, press the equal key, then select the cell with a mouse. This adds a text box in the middle of the chart, which you can move around and format as needed. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Ant wrote: > I have a chart on a separate s...

Setting up Outlook 2003 #2
I am in the process of setting up Outlook 2003 on my new computer. I believe I may have click the wrong answer and have put in incorrect information for outlook to start. I keep getting a box that ask for Username and passcode. When I put in the information I think it should be, I receive this message: Unable to open your default e-mail. The file C:\Documents and Setting\Owner\Local Setting\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.ost is not an offline folder file. Please tell me what I should do. When I click OK. Outlook closes. Thanks. -- Trying to keep up with technology G...

calendar #2
is there a formula for a continues monthly calendar? Hi tg not exactly sure what you're after here but if you enter 01/01/05 in a cell and drag down (autofill handle, little back cross bottom right of cell) it will increment by a day for each row. If you'ld like more assistance please feel free to post back with additional details. Cheers JulieD "tg" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:429d01c4afae$b110b910$a601280a@phx.gbl... > is there a formula for a continues monthly calendar? ...

Word as a Text Processor in Outlook w/ Exchange
Hi! Sice I set up a new Microsoft Exchange Server account in my Outlook 2003 SP2, I can't use any more Word as a text processor to write my e-mails. I only have the HTML option. So I don't have the nice Word feature (real time spell checking, etc.). Too bad... Any idea? Is there something I missed to set up on the Exchange Server? Help appreciated. Nicolas Check from within Outlook. Tools/Options/Mail Format and make sure you have the option to use "Microsoft Office Word 2003 to edit my email messages" checked. "Nicolas Macarez" <macarez@free.fr> ...

Mails Combined
HI, I mistakenly delete all mails from Inbox and then found them on the deleted Items and selected all and ask to move folders back to Inbox. the problem is all mails were combined into one email and moved back in to Inbox as a single email. How do i go back to the original version. How do i uncombined all the mails in to individual mails from the right recipient? Please help ASAP.. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com ...

Find/replace with different text colour messes up
When doing a Find/Replace on a certain word that needs to have a different colour than default - say, red - Excel incorrectly colours the whole cell instead of just the word that was searched on. To see this in action, try this: 1.. Open up a blank Excel sheet 2.. Enter some text in a few cells - "This is a test", for instance. Now, let's try to use search/replace to colour only the word "test" in red. 3.. Open up Search/Replace 4.. On the "Search for"-line, enter: test 5.. On the "Replace with"-line, enter: test 6.. For the "R...

text in received emails is very small
A friend has Office 2003 and he uses Outlook. He is an older gentleman who's been running his own business for decades, and he uses Excel with lots of tabs in his worksheets. Here's the situation: In changing his monitor from 800x600 to 1024x768 so he can read more of the Excel tabs, the text in the body of his received emails is very small. Headers and folders are normal as well as typed text in created emails. What gives? Jack Did you check the zoom settings? HTML sizes can be changed on the view menu, plain text in tools, options, mail format, stationery and fonts. Or ...

text function question
Hi all, Hopefully my confuse is not so difficult to help. I have text arrays in column A2:A100 (much datas) which are filled with "n" and such as "loose end", "soft". I want in the column A1 is containing the text excludes "n". Due to of my poor function knowledge i tried to use CONCATENATE function but this is too long ..what should i use the proper formula. txs in advance 4 any helps One guess .. Assuming you want to extract text within A2:A100 that does not contain the letter "n", give this set up a try: Put in B2: =IF(A2=""...

merge/combine workshhets
I need to merge about 75 worksheets into one spreadsheet on a regular basis - all have exactly the same format/layout etc back can vary in the number of rows Try this Jeff http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Jeff224" <Jeff224@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6790506-2888-4F4D-80EA-BB0D9F9B27A2@microsoft.com... >I need to merge about 75 worksheets into one spreadsheet on a regular basis - > all have exactly the same format/layout etc back can vary in the number of > rows Or http://www.rondebru...

Automatic settling of EDC Batch #2
Is there a way to stelle an EDC batch automatically in RMS, or an add-on that accomplishes this? This would be very handy. Thank you in advance. ...

Notification if no external e-mail recieved for over 2 hours.
Recently the SMTP authentication settings were changed so that no external e-mails could be recieved. There was no way to see that this was the case until someone complained. Is there any way to monitor externally recieved e-mails so that if none are recieved after a certain amount of time for a notification to be generated? In this case a script using telnet could be used to check if e-mails could be recieved externally, but I was looking more for something like if no external e-mails recieved by any users for two hours then create notification. I can't seem to think of any way to che...

Adding ", " to concatenated text
I have a control that is to display in the On Enter event, a concatenated sentence including the users choices in a multi-select list box. The code is mainly from nice people here which I've taken bits from and added to and it almost works except for getting a comma and space between the entries. Here is the result I'm getting: "There is damage to A/C systemCooling systemDecklid/tailgate,." I want it to be: "There is damage to the A/C system, Cooling system, Decklid/tailgate." Here is my code: Dim varRow As Variant, strText As String strText = vbNull...

Incoming e-mails only in plain text
I have just started using Outlook as my mail / contacts / diary client and have hit a problem. For some reason it is only displaying incomin e-mails as plain text. My previous clients had no probs showing th more complex ones (?HTML) with pictures and flashy bits. Now all i just plain. I have scoured the options menus to see if something ha been switched off; I have set the outgoing text format to HTML; but al to no avail. Even the smileys I send come back simply as hyperlink when people reply ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~Vi...

BillPay #2
When will Money start using the the free MyCheckFree.com? This a free service now. What gives. Boo Microsoft. I may need to switch. Yikes! So why am I socked with a $5.95 monthly fee? Just because I use it within the Money program? I don't use my bank so not sure why I get the fee. Thanks! "Bogee" <Bogee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C06B9868-442D-4841-98D3-0C85524F86ED@microsoft.com... > When will Money start using the the free MyCheckFree.com? This a free > service > now. What gives. > > Boo Microsoft. I may need to switch. ...

Finding the combination that appears more times
Hi everybody i have a list on excel 2007 that displays the purchase of items on columns A:E, each column showing one (1) item I want to find what combination of items appears more times, especifically, which combination of four (4) is the favorite mix eg: A B C D F A C D E F B C D E F B C D F Z in this example, the winner would be (B, C, D, E) as it appears 3 times the main problem is that I have over 1,000 rows and trying with =SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIF(A1:E1,$N$1:$R$1)) por each combination would take forever... is there a simpler, quicker ...

convert #2
I have my checks on version 6 of quicken. It's backup file is qdb. It wouldn't run in this new vista machine so I bought the 2009 version. It says in black and white in a hard to find instruction that it has changed format and will not import my old files, it uses qif. I returned it and got my refund check today. How about that? My question. If ms money will import my old files, I want to buy it. If it will not, I don't want it. I have been looking and can not find anywhere it says one or the other. Glenn In microsoft.public.money, Glenn wrote: >I have my checks on ...

forecast function help #2
Just to clarify that formula, am i right to say this? =ROUND(FORECAST($E$1,B2:D2,$B$1:$D$1),0) $E$1 - is selecting the forcast for year 2004 B2:D2 - is selecting all the data bar the years in the top row $B$1:$D$1 - is being used to predict the outcome for 2004 Is that right? Thanks again -- metho ----------------------------------------------------------------------- method's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1503 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26644 Hi B1:D1 are the x values there B2:D2 the associated y ...

Combining Publications
Can I combine two different publications into one? Suzi wrote: > Can I combine two different publications into one? ========================================= Personally, I would simply open two instances of Publisher (one document in each) / tile the two screens...and copy/paste. Maybe the following link will be useful: Combining Publisher Documents http://tinyurl.com/2lpj5w -- John Inzer MS Picture It! - Digital Image MVP Digital Image Highlights and FAQs http://tinyurl.com/aczzp Notice This is not tech support I am a volunteer Solutions that wo...

How do you force another line in a text box?
When using text boxes. how do you force another line when character spacing reaches a certain point. A text box is a single line. Full stop. A text area will automatically wrap when the user types to the end of the visible space - this does not, however, add a line feed. To add a line feed after a preset number of characters, as I said in an earlier post, you need server side scripting which parses the data, and adds the line feed at the required intervals. Of course, this is complicated by needing to account for spaces between words - and avoiding the line feed in the middl...

How do I unwrap text to columns?
I have a spreadsheet where the addresses have been saved as wrapped text in one column. I want to spilt the addresses into columns as Address1, Address2 etc but I can't enter the wrap character (which I think is ALT+ENTER) as a delimiter in the Text to Columns wizard. I have also tried search and replace but again Excel will not recognise ALT+ENTER as a delimiter Any ideas much appreciated! Thanks Re-format the column to eliminate the wrap.............then use Data > TextToColumns with Alt010 (from the keypad) as the delimiter Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "ChristineR&...