Columns now numbers rather than letters how do i get letters back

Somehow I have managed to accidentally change the column references to
numbers rather than letters. How do I get these back? Not sure of the correct
terminology but I am referring to where the rows are usually numbers and the
columns usually letters. My columns are now also numbers!

In EXCEL 2007:-

Office Button (top left hand corner)

Excel Options (lower right hand corner)

Formulas

 - make sure that there is no tick in the box called:-

R1C1 reference style

EXCEL 2003

Tools / Options / General tab – remove tick from R1C1 Reference style.

Thanks.

"SalExcel10" wrote:

> Somehow I have managed to accidentally change the column references to
> numbers rather than letters. How do I get these back? Not sure of the correct
> terminology but I am referring to where the rows are usually numbers and the
> columns usually letters. My columns are now also numbers!
tools>options>general>r1c1

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
"SalExcel10" <SalExcel10@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Somehow I have managed to accidentally change the column references to
> numbers rather than letters. How do I get these back? Not sure of the
> correct
> terminology but I am referring to where the rows are usually numbers and
> the
> columns usually letters. My columns are now also numbers!

0
Don

Number Auto
Hi, I am creating a process map in Visio, is it possible to get Visio to number my boxs on my flowchart. At the moment I create the shape, put the text in but I have to manually put the number before the text, can visio do this automatically. Thanks Glenn In Visio 2003, try Tools > Add-ons > Visio Extras > Number Shapes. The same feature can be found in previous versions under Tools > Macros. -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Glenn Robertson" <anonymous@discussions.mi...

Charting using Stacked Column Graph
Excel 2002... I think I posted this in the wrong place before. I'm trying to chart a series that is comprised of 5 - 3 number groups. I can chart the first group, but when I try to add the next series, it stacks them onto the existing columns rather than make 3 new ones. The data looks like this (simplified): A1 A2 A3 B1 B2 B3 1-10 .01 .03 .58 .023 .025 .023 11-15 .012 .025 .025 .024 .588 .280 16-20 .012 .255 .158 .024 .254 .241 I get a nice chart with A1-A3...but can't add B1-B3 next to it. Help me, please. Thanks, Gre...

optional column required in datasheet view
I have a document library with two content types. I have changed all columns for both content types to optional. One content type is link to a document, for which URL is required by default. I have changed it to optional. The other content type is document. URL is not used in that content type. When I bulk edit items in datasheet, though, I can't save my changes without putting data in the URL column for documents, even though the column is not used in that content type and is set as optional. I even tried making URL optional at the site content type level and the datashee...

Search columns on multiple worksheets
In a workbook I have a worksheet for each month of the year. How would I be able to automatically determine whether the entry currently being made has been entered in the same column previously on any of the worksheets? (Similar to “Find” under Edit) If so, would it be possible to indicate the previously entered data by highlighting each duplicate cell? I suggest you start with Chip's site www.cpearson.com which has lots about duplicates Then come back with more detailed question best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps fro...

Text to columns #2
Is there a way to have a worksheet automatically change to delimite text to columns when it opens? Thanks all, Vat -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Vato If I understand you correctly, simply record yourself doing it once and then re-run the code in future -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Vato Loco >" <<Vato.Loco.182h63@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Vato.Loco.182h63@excelforum-nospam.com... > Is there a way to have a worksheet automatically change to delimited &...

multipule columns as on column
I need to create a make-table query containing 6 fields.. I have 16 fields in the original table. The first is a primary key, the next fifteen and actually three groups of five (a,b,c,d,e,a1,b1,c1,d1,e1,a2,b2,c2, d2,e2) the need to be output as a,a1,a2 into a field called last name (not concatenated), b,b1,b2 into a field called first name...etc... Does anyone have any ideas On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 16:07:31 GMT, "gz3d2h" <u34843@uwe> wrote: >I need to create a make-table query containing 6 fields.. > >I have 16 fields in the original table. The first is a primary ke...

Number of E-Mails
Hi, is there any limit on the number of E-Mails ? I created an archive of 270000 E-Mails (IMAP) and it caused trouble. Can I have that amount in a local folder ? Are there any recommended number ? It locked that 50000 starts being a problem on IMAP already. How else would you handle an archive that you need frequently ? Thanks for your help Stephan If it were me... exporting them(selectively) to user created properly named Windows Explorer blank folders on the hard drive and backing up to a different drive(internal/external/cd/dvd) outside of Windows Live Mail woul...

Update Now()
Hi, I have used some VBA from another posting which allows cell values to be incorporated into a file name. I have added Now() onto my worksheet and added an if statement that returns Now() date if a refrence number is not present. I have also created a very crude way of updating Now() when saving. As you may of seen from other posts I am very new to VBA and although this works, I would really like to how it could of best been done. Sub Save() Application.ScreenUpdating = False ActiveSheet.Protect DrawingObjects:=False, Contents:=False, Scenarios:=False Range("E12").Select ...

File Size gets REAL big with Macros
Can anyone tell me why my file which was about 4MB in size grew to like 7MB by basically writing one macro - see Macro below? The Macro takes a list of data in the workbook and copies the formula down for approx 8000 rows, then copies and pastes a value that was calculated by these formulas, sorts it (it is basically a query on a list of data based on a users selection) then it deletes the formula again (This pasting and deleting of the formula was an attempt to shrink the file size) Thanks in advance for your repsonse! Regards, Mike Application.ScreenUpdating = False Range(&...

Importing email address from column in excel sheet
Wondering how to import about 60 email addresses I have in a column in an excel spreadsheet into my address book in outlook. Or even to send one email, then navigate to the email address list without actually adding them in my address book. ...

want to add all $ in column c where column A is the same
I'm very new at Excel, and a real math dummy. I've figured out how to enter a formula when all the $ I want to add are together, but I can't figure out how to do that when I want to select only the $ values for certain items listed throughout the spreadsheet. For example: I keep a running list of Architects, their projects and $ values of each project as they are assigned. I want to automatically calculate the total current $ value for each Architect without having to sort them in order, or create a separate table for each architect. Can I do that? Here's what th...

CSV elements don't get split up in cells
Hi, I recently installed a German version of excel and now when I open m CSV files they don't get seperated anymore by the commas. The whol line is just written in one cell. When I had the US version installed the data was split up after eac comma and distributed into the corresponding cell. How can I achieve the same thing in the German version -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com tom You could try renaming the file to .txt rather than .csv When you try to open this in Excel it will start the Text Import Wizard which will give you much more control over the import of th...

can I put a stacked column next to a solid column
I am trying to graph some information and can't figure out how to place a solid column that references one number next to a stacked column that references two numbers. Maybe a better question is can I put two stacked columns righ next to eachother? Hi, Have a look at the links on Jon Peltier's page. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html Cheers Andy RobXCSP wrote: > I am trying to graph some information and can't figure out how to place a > solid column that references one number next to a stacked column that > references two numbers. Maybe a...

SOP Transaction Entry number already exists
MBS Great Plains v7.5: When trying to pull up an existing, unposted Order in Sales Trx entry by typing in the Order Number, sometimes get message "This document number already exists. Please enter a new document number." But I know it exists, I am just trying to pull it back up to edit. Faster to re-enter number that go into lookup. This doesn't happen all the time. Hi Deb. I know this happens to us in situations where there is some inconsistency between the info on the order number we are trying to pull up, and the information currently on the screen (ie. the type id d...

Group DB columns to be used in pivot table
Hi, I have the following problems to prepare the DB. I need to create a Pivot Table and my source DB is Excel. Headings go from Column A to AT, but only columns A to N will be used to play around with the pivot, while columns O to AT are only to input values. How can I: 1) Transform the many columns O to AT in one field called Product so that once placed into the Column part of the Pivot I can see all the headings from O to AT 2) How to make all the O to AT cells active so that the user can enter values and see the changes or analyse using the A to N fields? Examle: A B C D E F G H I...

Count Unique text in 3 different columns
Hi, I saw a few formulas that adds Unique records when is numbers, but I have a spreasheet which I need to count the Unique records (Names) taken into consideration three diffrent columns, example; Column A Column B Column C DC&D aagis Ternure DC&D aagis Ternure DC&D adamk New Hire DC&D adamk New Hire DC&D adasilva New Hire DC&D adasilva New Hire DC&D vdafons Ternure DC&D AMPATA Ternure DC&D AMPATA Ternure DC&D AMPATA Ternure DC&D AMPATA Ternure AIO Ashaw New Hire AIO Ashaw New Hire AIO Ashaw New Hire AIO Ashaw New Hire AIO A...

how do i change column labels back to letters? currently columns.
when i opened excel this evening, i found that columns and rows are both labeled with numbers. How do I relabel the columns alphabetically so that I can use formulas? thanks Click Tools > Options > General tab Uncheck "R1C1 reference style" > OK -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "slthompson" <slthompson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DF283F7-A345-46E9-AD0C-148B8BDC200B@microsoft.com... > when i opened excel this evening, i found that columns and rows are both &g...

hide a column
hi can u help me with this what i want is that if in a column there is written "Blank" a comman that hides that particular column plz help me with thi -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try the following macro (looks in row 1 for this word 'Blank') Sub hide_columns() Dim ColNdx As Long application.screenupdating=False For ColNdx = 1 to 256 If Cells(1, ColNdx).Value = "Blank" Then Columns(ColNdx).hidden = True End If Next ColNdx application.screenupdating=True End Sub -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany >...

display total in stacked column chart
Using Windows XP and Office 2007 To make it simple to explain, I'll make up a sample stacked column chart and maybe someone can help me. Let's assume I have taken attendance in a particular class over the last 5 years and I have that attendance information broken down into males and females. So I have a data table that has the year in Column A, the number of males in attendance in Column B, the number of females in attendance in Column C, and the total attendance in Column D. I created a stacked column chart with the information from Columns B and C so that my stacked column...

Gantt Chart Import Invalid Column Error
Trying to import an Excel table into the Gantt Chart in Visio. The Finish date works fine, but every time I try to map the Start date, I get an "Invalid Column Format" error. Tried changing the format of the Start date field, and it doesn't change anything. Excel 2007 Visio 2007 SP2 and 2010 Beta, both with the same issue. Any suggestions? some people have luck with exporting a file from Visio first, then using that as a dummy file to enter data into and import back. I also found that visio chokes on blank date fields. ...

Separating data in a column
the spreadsheet i am working on has 1 column with 2 possible answers, i.e. yes/no. what i need to do is separate the replies and then total the yes replies in another cell and also total no replies in a different cell. How do i do it? The following COUNTIF function can be used =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$21,"yes") The sort or data filter command can be used to separate the replies. "Gemgirl" wrote: > the spreadsheet i am working on has 1 column with 2 possible answers, i.e. > yes/no. what i need to do is separate the replies and then total the yes > replie...

Xcel or Access sort columns of names so that I remove the intersect between 2 columns from one of the columns?
Hi, I have currently in Xcel and long list of X English phrases in one column with associated numerical data about each name in adjoining columns. I have on another workbook (which could of course be pasted into this workbook)another similarly set out column of Y English phrases again with ajoining columns having numberical data row that the phrase. I would like to be able to sort the second column of phrases removing all the phrases that occured in the first column. Ideally it would be great to have the numerical data for the remaining English phrases still on the same rows (not necessary ...

Moving a column
How do i move a Vertical column over to the right & have the information move with it ? -- Dell Inspiron Pentium dual-core 2.2 GHz 2 GB DDR2 SDRAM Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 One way: select the column header (usually a letter at the top) Rightclick on that selection And select insert desgnr wrote: > > How do i move a Vertical column over to the right & have the information > move with it ? > > -- > Dell Inspiron > Pentium dual-core 2.2 GHz > 2 GB DDR2 SDRAM > Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 -- Dave Peterson Clic...

Invalid Key
I had installed Office 2007 on my laptop without any problems. Then I had to rebuild the laptop using the HP recovery disks. Now, when I try to re-install Office 2007, the 25 character key is not longer valid. - Why is the key invalid now? - How can I resolve this? (How do I contact Microsoft?) Thanks. Read the number under good light. The letters can be easily misread. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "AA2e72E" <AA2e72E@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3A...

Can the left column panes be frozen when doing functional chart
Am doing a swim lane flow chart that is using many pages. Would be nice to freeze the functional names on the left of each page. Much like you can do in excel. Can this be done in Visio? ...