Columns formatted As Dates Are Exported as a Number to Text

Group:
I'm sure this questions has been asked, but I didn't find it when searching
for date issues.  I have a spreadsheet with a column formatted as Date.  When
I save the worksheet  as a text tab-delimited file, Excel converts the date
to the numeric format (i.e. 37185).  Then, when I try to import the text file
into Access, Access won't accept the number as a date, and rejects every
record.  Other than changing the Excel column to a Text format, is there any
other way to tell Excel to export a date formatted column with the usual
MM/DD/YYYY format instead of a number?

Thanks,

--
Rich Locus
Logicwurks, LLC

Please Disregard this Question... It was my issue in that I copied a date
field "Value" using VBA into a "General Field" and it did turn it into a
number.  I fixed the VBA issue.
--
Rich Locus
Logicwurks, LLC

"Rich Locus" wrote:

> Group:
> I'm sure this questions has been asked, but I didn't find it when searching
> for date issues.  I have a spreadsheet with a column formatted as Date.  When
> I save the worksheet  as a text tab-delimited file, Excel converts the date
> to the numeric format (i.e. 37185).  Then, when I try to import the text file
> into Access, Access won't accept the number as a date, and rejects every
> record.  Other than changing the Excel column to a Text format, is there any
> other way to tell Excel to export a date formatted column with the usual
> MM/DD/YYYY format instead of a number?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Rich Locus
> Logicwurks, LLC

date (minus) date = working days diff
Hello All, Quick and easy one (I hope), i have two dates how can i work out the working days between them ? Kind Regards JJJ -- jjj ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jjj's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=7424 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=490742 Use the NETWORKDAYS() function If you get a #NAME error: Tools>Add-ins, check Analysis Toolpak -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "jjj" <jjj.1zkoim_1133795403.4775@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message ne...

Charting using Stacked Column Graph
Excel 2002... I think I posted this in the wrong place before. I'm trying to chart a series that is comprised of 5 - 3 number groups. I can chart the first group, but when I try to add the next series, it stacks them onto the existing columns rather than make 3 new ones. The data looks like this (simplified): A1 A2 A3 B1 B2 B3 1-10 .01 .03 .58 .023 .025 .023 11-15 .012 .025 .025 .024 .588 .280 16-20 .012 .255 .158 .024 .254 .241 I get a nice chart with A1-A3...but can't add B1-B3 next to it. Help me, please. Thanks, Gre...

Search columns on multiple worksheets
In a workbook I have a worksheet for each month of the year. How would I be able to automatically determine whether the entry currently being made has been entered in the same column previously on any of the worksheets? (Similar to “Find” under Edit) If so, would it be possible to indicate the previously entered data by highlighting each duplicate cell? I suggest you start with Chip's site www.cpearson.com which has lots about duplicates Then come back with more detailed question best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps fro...

optional column required in datasheet view
I have a document library with two content types. I have changed all columns for both content types to optional. One content type is link to a document, for which URL is required by default. I have changed it to optional. The other content type is document. URL is not used in that content type. When I bulk edit items in datasheet, though, I can't save my changes without putting data in the URL column for documents, even though the column is not used in that content type and is set as optional. I even tried making URL optional at the site content type level and the datashee...

Number of E-Mails
Hi, is there any limit on the number of E-Mails ? I created an archive of 270000 E-Mails (IMAP) and it caused trouble. Can I have that amount in a local folder ? Are there any recommended number ? It locked that 50000 starts being a problem on IMAP already. How else would you handle an archive that you need frequently ? Thanks for your help Stephan If it were me... exporting them(selectively) to user created properly named Windows Explorer blank folders on the hard drive and backing up to a different drive(internal/external/cd/dvd) outside of Windows Live Mail woul...

Text to columns #2
Is there a way to have a worksheet automatically change to delimite text to columns when it opens? Thanks all, Vat -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Vato If I understand you correctly, simply record yourself doing it once and then re-run the code in future -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Vato Loco >" <<Vato.Loco.182h63@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Vato.Loco.182h63@excelforum-nospam.com... > Is there a way to have a worksheet automatically change to delimited &...

multipule columns as on column
I need to create a make-table query containing 6 fields.. I have 16 fields in the original table. The first is a primary key, the next fifteen and actually three groups of five (a,b,c,d,e,a1,b1,c1,d1,e1,a2,b2,c2, d2,e2) the need to be output as a,a1,a2 into a field called last name (not concatenated), b,b1,b2 into a field called first name...etc... Does anyone have any ideas On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 16:07:31 GMT, "gz3d2h" <u34843@uwe> wrote: >I need to create a make-table query containing 6 fields.. > >I have 16 fields in the original table. The first is a primary ke...

want to add all $ in column c where column A is the same
I'm very new at Excel, and a real math dummy. I've figured out how to enter a formula when all the $ I want to add are together, but I can't figure out how to do that when I want to select only the $ values for certain items listed throughout the spreadsheet. For example: I keep a running list of Architects, their projects and $ values of each project as they are assigned. I want to automatically calculate the total current $ value for each Architect without having to sort them in order, or create a separate table for each architect. Can I do that? Here's what th...

Formated text in text type fields
Hi. I need to store html text in text fields. Could be some other field type, but I can't figure what. I say html but could be some other format. I need things like bold, underline, sub/superscript, eventually table with 6 or 8 cells. Can it be done (including screen displaying and printing)? For the moment I don't need any web application, just to store some formatting together with text. Thanks H. Martins If you are using Access 2007, you can use a Memo field with what they call "rich text." It stores and displays HTML. (Actually it's a limited subset of HTML, ...

Importing email address from column in excel sheet
Wondering how to import about 60 email addresses I have in a column in an excel spreadsheet into my address book in outlook. Or even to send one email, then navigate to the email address list without actually adding them in my address book. ...

Custom Date Format #2
When working with data from a spreadsheet which originated from a much earlier version of Excel (Excel95, I believe), which I'm now trying to use with Excel 2003. I'm having trouble with the formatting of the date being interpreted as a formula and forcing an equals sign "=" to appear next to the data. When the file is first opened, the original data appears correctly. However, after editing the data in the field and pressing the 'enter' key, the date displayed on the sheet shows "00-Jan-00". When I use the arrow keys to go back up to that parti...

can I put a stacked column next to a solid column
I am trying to graph some information and can't figure out how to place a solid column that references one number next to a stacked column that references two numbers. Maybe a better question is can I put two stacked columns righ next to eachother? Hi, Have a look at the links on Jon Peltier's page. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html Cheers Andy RobXCSP wrote: > I am trying to graph some information and can't figure out how to place a > solid column that references one number next to a stacked column that > references two numbers. Maybe a...

SOP Transaction Entry number already exists
MBS Great Plains v7.5: When trying to pull up an existing, unposted Order in Sales Trx entry by typing in the Order Number, sometimes get message "This document number already exists. Please enter a new document number." But I know it exists, I am just trying to pull it back up to edit. Faster to re-enter number that go into lookup. This doesn't happen all the time. Hi Deb. I know this happens to us in situations where there is some inconsistency between the info on the order number we are trying to pull up, and the information currently on the screen (ie. the type id d...

Group DB columns to be used in pivot table
Hi, I have the following problems to prepare the DB. I need to create a Pivot Table and my source DB is Excel. Headings go from Column A to AT, but only columns A to N will be used to play around with the pivot, while columns O to AT are only to input values. How can I: 1) Transform the many columns O to AT in one field called Product so that once placed into the Column part of the Pivot I can see all the headings from O to AT 2) How to make all the O to AT cells active so that the user can enter values and see the changes or analyse using the A to N fields? Examle: A B C D E F G H I...

Formating in Hindi
In excel we can format a number in Arabic Saudi Arabia (Hindi) likethisRange("A2") .NumberFormat = "[$-2000000]#0,000.00"Is ther an equivalent in access.How I can apply this in a Report so that the field will be formatedusing the above way?thanks speak english or die, doglike seriouslywhen you can get those sand niggers to stop blowing up cars andairplanes; then maybe I'll shutupuntil then eat sandOn Mar 13, 4:07 am, "Abdul" <abdulsalam.abdul...@gmail.com> wrote:> In excel we can format a number in Arabic Saudi Arabia (Hindi) like> this> Range(...

Changing header text in a property sheet
I'm implementing a bootstrap program for our new installer which handles prerequisites that the various user-selectable parts of the install need. On each property sheet page where a prerequisite's install needs to be launched, we have an Install button to launch that install. After a successful install, the Install button is disabled, and the Next button is enabled. What we would like to happen also is for the header subtitle text to change from 'Such and such is not installed' to 'Such and such has been installed successfully'. Is there a way to change header t...

how do i change column labels back to letters? currently columns.
when i opened excel this evening, i found that columns and rows are both labeled with numbers. How do I relabel the columns alphabetically so that I can use formulas? thanks Click Tools > Options > General tab Uncheck "R1C1 reference style" > OK -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "slthompson" <slthompson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DF283F7-A345-46E9-AD0C-148B8BDC200B@microsoft.com... > when i opened excel this evening, i found that columns and rows are both &g...

Count Unique text in 3 different columns
Hi, I saw a few formulas that adds Unique records when is numbers, but I have a spreasheet which I need to count the Unique records (Names) taken into consideration three diffrent columns, example; Column A Column B Column C DC&D aagis Ternure DC&D aagis Ternure DC&D adamk New Hire DC&D adamk New Hire DC&D adasilva New Hire DC&D adasilva New Hire DC&D vdafons Ternure DC&D AMPATA Ternure DC&D AMPATA Ternure DC&D AMPATA Ternure DC&D AMPATA Ternure AIO Ashaw New Hire AIO Ashaw New Hire AIO Ashaw New Hire AIO Ashaw New Hire AIO A...

Exporting Mail Containers
I am running Exchange 5.5 and am trying to export a particular container so I can import it back into a personal address book for Outlook (standalone PC). I run an export and all my info (address, phone number, etc.) is not being imported. I created a .csv template with just the fields I wanted to come over and tried to import into it and none of it came over. Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks, in advance. Bart ...

Reply text is not seen
When I send a calendar invite from Outlook 2003 (Stu Teach Ed) to my wife who uses Outlook 2000, when I open the reply e-mail, I cannot see any text that she types in her reply. We have tried this with other users in her office with the same result. This is strange since if I open her reply e-mail in IE 6 using my web-based e-mail I can see the reply text. It's only when I open it in Outlook 2003 that it cannot be seen. ...

hide a column
hi can u help me with this what i want is that if in a column there is written "Blank" a comman that hides that particular column plz help me with thi -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try the following macro (looks in row 1 for this word 'Blank') Sub hide_columns() Dim ColNdx As Long application.screenupdating=False For ColNdx = 1 to 256 If Cells(1, ColNdx).Value = "Blank" Then Columns(ColNdx).hidden = True End If Next ColNdx application.screenupdating=True End Sub -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany >...

Date formula that will return proper pay day
I need to set up a schedule that would list bi-monthly paydays based on the 15th and last workday of the month. When a pay day falls on a weekend or holiday it must change to the last workday prior to the 15th or the last workday of the month. Is there a simple formula I can use to list what those paydays would be? My formula goes on and on and I know there must be an easier way. On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 17:56:02 -0800, JJ in LA <JJinLA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to set up a schedule that would list bi-monthly paydays based on the >15th and last work...

display total in stacked column chart
Using Windows XP and Office 2007 To make it simple to explain, I'll make up a sample stacked column chart and maybe someone can help me. Let's assume I have taken attendance in a particular class over the last 5 years and I have that attendance information broken down into males and females. So I have a data table that has the year in Column A, the number of males in attendance in Column B, the number of females in attendance in Column C, and the total attendance in Column D. I created a stacked column chart with the information from Columns B and C so that my stacked column...

Moving a column
How do i move a Vertical column over to the right & have the information move with it ? -- Dell Inspiron Pentium dual-core 2.2 GHz 2 GB DDR2 SDRAM Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 One way: select the column header (usually a letter at the top) Rightclick on that selection And select insert desgnr wrote: > > How do i move a Vertical column over to the right & have the information > move with it ? > > -- > Dell Inspiron > Pentium dual-core 2.2 GHz > 2 GB DDR2 SDRAM > Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 -- Dave Peterson Clic...

Separating data in a column
the spreadsheet i am working on has 1 column with 2 possible answers, i.e. yes/no. what i need to do is separate the replies and then total the yes replies in another cell and also total no replies in a different cell. How do i do it? The following COUNTIF function can be used =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$21,"yes") The sort or data filter command can be used to separate the replies. "Gemgirl" wrote: > the spreadsheet i am working on has 1 column with 2 possible answers, i.e. > yes/no. what i need to do is separate the replies and then total the yes > replie...