Column width #8

I want to have two different column widths in one worksheet.  Another words I
want Column A to be one width at the top of the worksheet, and column A to be
another width at the bottom of the worksheet without it effecting the top
column width.  Is this possible?
0
eenaj (1)

Consider using the "Merge-and-Center" command (button on the formatting
toolbar next to "Align Right").  If you have highlighted one cell to the
right, this will cause the data in cell A1 to appear merged across A1 and B1.
 Thus, the merged column above will appear to have a different width than
those below.

If this solution is not for you (there are several things wrong with it, for
example, it makes sorting difficult) you may want to try using a Pivot Table.
--
Anne Murray

"eenaj" wrote:

> I want to have two different column widths in one worksheet.  Another words I
> want Column A to be one width at the top of the worksheet, and column A to be
> another width at the bottom of the worksheet without it effecting the top
> column width.  Is this possible?
0
finrazel1 (28)
11/29/2005 8:04:05 PM
You can make this appear to happen by using Format Cells > alignmentTab >
Mergecells

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"eenaj" wrote:

> I want to have two different column widths in one worksheet.  Another words I
> want Column A to be one width at the top of the worksheet, and column A to be
> another width at the bottom of the worksheet without it effecting the top
> column width.  Is this possible?
0
CLR (807)
11/29/2005 8:05:09 PM
No that is not possible. You might be able to frig it by merging either the
top or bottom rows with an adjacent column.

--

HTH

RP

"eenaj" <eenaj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I want to have two different column widths in one worksheet.  Another
words I
> want Column A to be one width at the top of the worksheet, and column A to
be
> another width at the bottom of the worksheet without it effecting the top
> column width.  Is this possible?

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)

Charting using Stacked Column Graph
Excel 2002... I think I posted this in the wrong place before. I'm trying to chart a series that is comprised of 5 - 3 number groups. I can chart the first group, but when I try to add the next series, it stacks them onto the existing columns rather than make 3 new ones. The data looks like this (simplified): A1 A2 A3 B1 B2 B3 1-10 .01 .03 .58 .023 .025 .023 11-15 .012 .025 .025 .024 .588 .280 16-20 .012 .255 .158 .024 .254 .241 I get a nice chart with A1-A3...but can't add B1-B3 next to it. Help me, please. Thanks, Gre...

Search columns on multiple worksheets
In a workbook I have a worksheet for each month of the year. How would I be able to automatically determine whether the entry currently being made has been entered in the same column previously on any of the worksheets? (Similar to “Find” under Edit) If so, would it be possible to indicate the previously entered data by highlighting each duplicate cell? I suggest you start with Chip's site www.cpearson.com which has lots about duplicates Then come back with more detailed question best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps fro...

optional column required in datasheet view
I have a document library with two content types. I have changed all columns for both content types to optional. One content type is link to a document, for which URL is required by default. I have changed it to optional. The other content type is document. URL is not used in that content type. When I bulk edit items in datasheet, though, I can't save my changes without putting data in the URL column for documents, even though the column is not used in that content type and is set as optional. I even tried making URL optional at the site content type level and the datashee...

multipule columns as on column
I need to create a make-table query containing 6 fields.. I have 16 fields in the original table. The first is a primary key, the next fifteen and actually three groups of five (a,b,c,d,e,a1,b1,c1,d1,e1,a2,b2,c2, d2,e2) the need to be output as a,a1,a2 into a field called last name (not concatenated), b,b1,b2 into a field called first name...etc... Does anyone have any ideas On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 16:07:31 GMT, "gz3d2h" <u34843@uwe> wrote: >I need to create a make-table query containing 6 fields.. > >I have 16 fields in the original table. The first is a primary ke...

Text to columns #2
Is there a way to have a worksheet automatically change to delimite text to columns when it opens? Thanks all, Vat -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Vato If I understand you correctly, simply record yourself doing it once and then re-run the code in future -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Vato Loco >" <<Vato.Loco.182h63@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Vato.Loco.182h63@excelforum-nospam.com... > Is there a way to have a worksheet automatically change to delimited &...

Problem updating table from 7.0 to 8.0
I am trying to update from 7.0 to 8.0. However, the GL30000 table fails to update. The word from Dynamics support is that it is because there are duplicates records in the table. They sent me a SQL script that showed me the duplicate records. All of the records were from our 1999 fiscal year. We determine as long as this was back we would solve the duplicate record issue by consolidate the financial data. Sure enough after the consolidation, no duplicate records from 1999 showed up. However, now duplicate records from 2000 starting showing up. Dynamics support tells me it is a ...

want to add all $ in column c where column A is the same
I'm very new at Excel, and a real math dummy. I've figured out how to enter a formula when all the $ I want to add are together, but I can't figure out how to do that when I want to select only the $ values for certain items listed throughout the spreadsheet. For example: I keep a running list of Architects, their projects and $ values of each project as they are assigned. I want to automatically calculate the total current $ value for each Architect without having to sort them in order, or create a separate table for each architect. Can I do that? Here's what th...

Importing email address from column in excel sheet
Wondering how to import about 60 email addresses I have in a column in an excel spreadsheet into my address book in outlook. Or even to send one email, then navigate to the email address list without actually adding them in my address book. ...

can I put a stacked column next to a solid column
I am trying to graph some information and can't figure out how to place a solid column that references one number next to a stacked column that references two numbers. Maybe a better question is can I put two stacked columns righ next to eachother? Hi, Have a look at the links on Jon Peltier's page. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html Cheers Andy RobXCSP wrote: > I am trying to graph some information and can't figure out how to place a > solid column that references one number next to a stacked column that > references two numbers. Maybe a...

Group DB columns to be used in pivot table
Hi, I have the following problems to prepare the DB. I need to create a Pivot Table and my source DB is Excel. Headings go from Column A to AT, but only columns A to N will be used to play around with the pivot, while columns O to AT are only to input values. How can I: 1) Transform the many columns O to AT in one field called Product so that once placed into the Column part of the Pivot I can see all the headings from O to AT 2) How to make all the O to AT cells active so that the user can enter values and see the changes or analyse using the A to N fields? Examle: A B C D E F G H I...

how do i change column labels back to letters? currently columns.
when i opened excel this evening, i found that columns and rows are both labeled with numbers. How do I relabel the columns alphabetically so that I can use formulas? thanks Click Tools > Options > General tab Uncheck "R1C1 reference style" > OK -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "slthompson" <slthompson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DF283F7-A345-46E9-AD0C-148B8BDC200B@microsoft.com... > when i opened excel this evening, i found that columns and rows are both &g...

Count Unique text in 3 different columns
Hi, I saw a few formulas that adds Unique records when is numbers, but I have a spreasheet which I need to count the Unique records (Names) taken into consideration three diffrent columns, example; Column A Column B Column C DC&D aagis Ternure DC&D aagis Ternure DC&D adamk New Hire DC&D adamk New Hire DC&D adasilva New Hire DC&D adasilva New Hire DC&D vdafons Ternure DC&D AMPATA Ternure DC&D AMPATA Ternure DC&D AMPATA Ternure DC&D AMPATA Ternure AIO Ashaw New Hire AIO Ashaw New Hire AIO Ashaw New Hire AIO Ashaw New Hire AIO A...

hide a column
hi can u help me with this what i want is that if in a column there is written "Blank" a comman that hides that particular column plz help me with thi -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try the following macro (looks in row 1 for this word 'Blank') Sub hide_columns() Dim ColNdx As Long application.screenupdating=False For ColNdx = 1 to 256 If Cells(1, ColNdx).Value = "Blank" Then Columns(ColNdx).hidden = True End If Next ColNdx application.screenupdating=True End Sub -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany >...

display total in stacked column chart
Using Windows XP and Office 2007 To make it simple to explain, I'll make up a sample stacked column chart and maybe someone can help me. Let's assume I have taken attendance in a particular class over the last 5 years and I have that attendance information broken down into males and females. So I have a data table that has the year in Column A, the number of males in attendance in Column B, the number of females in attendance in Column C, and the total attendance in Column D. I created a stacked column chart with the information from Columns B and C so that my stacked column...

Moving a column
How do i move a Vertical column over to the right & have the information move with it ? -- Dell Inspiron Pentium dual-core 2.2 GHz 2 GB DDR2 SDRAM Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 One way: select the column header (usually a letter at the top) Rightclick on that selection And select insert desgnr wrote: > > How do i move a Vertical column over to the right & have the information > move with it ? > > -- > Dell Inspiron > Pentium dual-core 2.2 GHz > 2 GB DDR2 SDRAM > Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 -- Dave Peterson Clic...

Xcel or Access sort columns of names so that I remove the intersect between 2 columns from one of the columns?
Hi, I have currently in Xcel and long list of X English phrases in one column with associated numerical data about each name in adjoining columns. I have on another workbook (which could of course be pasted into this workbook)another similarly set out column of Y English phrases again with ajoining columns having numberical data row that the phrase. I would like to be able to sort the second column of phrases removing all the phrases that occured in the first column. Ideally it would be great to have the numerical data for the remaining English phrases still on the same rows (not necessary ...

Separating data in a column
the spreadsheet i am working on has 1 column with 2 possible answers, i.e. yes/no. what i need to do is separate the replies and then total the yes replies in another cell and also total no replies in a different cell. How do i do it? The following COUNTIF function can be used =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$21,"yes") The sort or data filter command can be used to separate the replies. "Gemgirl" wrote: > the spreadsheet i am working on has 1 column with 2 possible answers, i.e. > yes/no. what i need to do is separate the replies and then total the yes > replie...

Gantt Chart Import Invalid Column Error
Trying to import an Excel table into the Gantt Chart in Visio. The Finish date works fine, but every time I try to map the Start date, I get an "Invalid Column Format" error. Tried changing the format of the Start date field, and it doesn't change anything. Excel 2007 Visio 2007 SP2 and 2010 Beta, both with the same issue. Any suggestions? some people have luck with exporting a file from Visio first, then using that as a dummy file to enter data into and import back. I also found that visio chokes on blank date fields. ...

match up column A with column B
Hi, I have a column of numbers in A, and a column of numbers in B. There are 180 numbers in A (A1:A180) and 130 numbers in B (B1:B130). I need Excel to find which numbers match up between columns, e.g look down column A and find all the matching numbers in column B, then sort the columns so the matched numbers are next to each other (so I can see which numbers don't match between columns). (I have sorted the numbers from lowest to highest down the column, so they are in numerical order). I have no idea how to do this. :confused: Thanks for any assistance you can provide. :) -- ...

Can the left column panes be frozen when doing functional chart
Am doing a swim lane flow chart that is using many pages. Would be nice to freeze the functional names on the left of each page. Much like you can do in excel. Can this be done in Visio? ...

columns within columns
I'd like to make a single page spreadsheet with the twelve months across the top. within each, i would like 4 or 5 columns representing the weeks.this will be an actual 2010 calendar. the titles for the inner columns will be the date of the first monday of the week. vertical grid lines separating the months are a little darker than the grid lines separating the weeks. the y axis will be the values to be entered any suggestiions? Before you start have a look at John Walkenback's calender @ http://spreadsheetpage.com/index.php/files Look for Array Formula ...

Numeric reference of column. Data Grab ?
I have one column A with sites names and next 33 columns with site categories In each line i put an "x" mark at the proper column(category) that the site belongs I want to put a column in the column beside site's name and receive the description of each category The description of each category is the heading of each column ( row 1 ) vlookup or hlookup didn't work. I used match MATCH("x";B2:AH2;FALSE) and i got the column where the x is located in numeric format Can you suggest a solution to this ? Thanks -- bigexcelfan ------------------------------------...

Stacked column with line chart
I have a chart which shows units gained above the axis, units disposed of in a column under the axis and net units as a line. I have trend lines on 3 months average for both the units gained and disposed of. I am now being asked to show units massed moved under the line stacked on the diposal units. How do I accomplish this? I looked for a custom graph in Excel and cannot find one to do what I want. Can anyone help me? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Draw your own custom chart. For an existing chart, right click on it, select Source Data from the pop up menu, and click...

Layout problem with Column/row headers
We have a user who's default Excel layout has been switched to a "mirror view" of the norm... The column headers go right to left A,B,C rather than left to right. Also the rows 1,2,3 are on the right side of the screen and sheet tabs are 3,2,1... Basically everything is backwards! We can't figure out how she did that! Thanks for any help! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Tools, Options, International Tab, de-select the option under ...

Column Chart, Displaying two values on one column.
Hello, Is it possible to display two value on one column. For example Budget = 4.6% Actual = -6.0% I can display this on a column without any problems, one column for budget and one for actual. Is it possible to add another value to the Actual so it displays on the same column but in a different colour? For example I would like to add: Net = 2.3% and display this on the Actual column in a different colour. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Brett You can format a stacked column chart to resemble a clustered-stacked column chart: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/Cluster...