Column Heading problem

Hi,

I didn't change any setting in my Excel but all the column
identifiers have all changed to numbers. Column "A"
changed to "1", Column "B" changed to "2"....and so on.
Does anyone know why? How to change back to original
setting?
Thanks.

Terence

Tools>Options>General, uncheck R1C1 Reference style

--
Regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Terence" <terence5070@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I didn't change any setting in my Excel but all the column
> identifiers have all changed to numbers. Column "A"
> changed to "1", Column "B" changed to "2"....and so on.
> Does anyone know why? How to change back to original
> setting?
> Thanks.
>
> Terence

0
nicolaus (2022)
8/11/2003 7:24:21 AM
Thanks a lot!

Charting using Stacked Column Graph
Excel 2002... I think I posted this in the wrong place before. I'm trying to chart a series that is comprised of 5 - 3 number groups. I can chart the first group, but when I try to add the next series, it stacks them onto the existing columns rather than make 3 new ones. The data looks like this (simplified): A1 A2 A3 B1 B2 B3 1-10 .01 .03 .58 .023 .025 .023 11-15 .012 .025 .025 .024 .588 .280 16-20 .012 .255 .158 .024 .254 .241 I get a nice chart with A1-A3...but can't add B1-B3 next to it. Help me, please. Thanks, Gre...

Excel Sorting Problem #2
I am trying to sort out my league table in order of points (P) bu everytime i select my cells (H15:P25) and then go data|sort|by (P Descending he screen flickers but they dont sort in order of points They just stay where they where before. Can anyone help ??? i can also send you the workbook if you want ?? Mny Thanks Benn bc1987@ntlworld.co -- cassy0 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cassy01's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=78 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31879 Benn, ...

optional column required in datasheet view
I have a document library with two content types. I have changed all columns for both content types to optional. One content type is link to a document, for which URL is required by default. I have changed it to optional. The other content type is document. URL is not used in that content type. When I bulk edit items in datasheet, though, I can't save my changes without putting data in the URL column for documents, even though the column is not used in that content type and is set as optional. I even tried making URL optional at the site content type level and the datashee...

Search columns on multiple worksheets
In a workbook I have a worksheet for each month of the year. How would I be able to automatically determine whether the entry currently being made has been entered in the same column previously on any of the worksheets? (Similar to “Find” under Edit) If so, would it be possible to indicate the previously entered data by highlighting each duplicate cell? I suggest you start with Chip's site www.cpearson.com which has lots about duplicates Then come back with more detailed question best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps fro...

Website email related problem
Our website is on the same internal network and shares the same domain name as our Exchange 2003 server (Win 2003 server environment). PROBLEM: if a website user clicks on an email (ex: mailto:info@vipclubber.com) using the same domain email address from the site domain, the email does not go through to the mailbox where it was originally sent. I am not sure if it is a DNS, Mail Server or alias problem. What should be done to ensure a successful delivery of any related email funstion from the website to the correct mailbox that shares the same domain? Please help! ...

CRM and AD problem
what is cause of the problem when using Deployment manager we cannot see the list of users from AD? I'm login as Domain Admin and this account is also System Administrator role of MSCRM. Please advise. Hi Benjamin, is it possible this users are members of a different domain? if so, you need to create trust between the two domains. Hope this helps, Chen On May 28, 10:37 am, "Benjamin Fallar III" <fal...@pldtdsl.net> wrote: > what is cause of the problem when using Deployment manager we cannot see the > list of users from AD? > > I'm login as Domain Ad...

Text to columns #2
Is there a way to have a worksheet automatically change to delimite text to columns when it opens? Thanks all, Vat -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Vato If I understand you correctly, simply record yourself doing it once and then re-run the code in future -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Vato Loco >" <<Vato.Loco.182h63@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Vato.Loco.182h63@excelforum-nospam.com... > Is there a way to have a worksheet automatically change to delimited &...

multipule columns as on column
I need to create a make-table query containing 6 fields.. I have 16 fields in the original table. The first is a primary key, the next fifteen and actually three groups of five (a,b,c,d,e,a1,b1,c1,d1,e1,a2,b2,c2, d2,e2) the need to be output as a,a1,a2 into a field called last name (not concatenated), b,b1,b2 into a field called first name...etc... Does anyone have any ideas On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 16:07:31 GMT, "gz3d2h" <u34843@uwe> wrote: >I need to create a make-table query containing 6 fields.. > >I have 16 fields in the original table. The first is a primary ke...

Problem updating table from 7.0 to 8.0
I am trying to update from 7.0 to 8.0. However, the GL30000 table fails to update. The word from Dynamics support is that it is because there are duplicates records in the table. They sent me a SQL script that showed me the duplicate records. All of the records were from our 1999 fiscal year. We determine as long as this was back we would solve the duplicate record issue by consolidate the financial data. Sure enough after the consolidation, no duplicate records from 1999 showed up. However, now duplicate records from 2000 starting showing up. Dynamics support tells me it is a ...

Importing email address from column in excel sheet
Wondering how to import about 60 email addresses I have in a column in an excel spreadsheet into my address book in outlook. Or even to send one email, then navigate to the email address list without actually adding them in my address book. ...

want to add all $ in column c where column A is the same
I'm very new at Excel, and a real math dummy. I've figured out how to enter a formula when all the $ I want to add are together, but I can't figure out how to do that when I want to select only the $ values for certain items listed throughout the spreadsheet. For example: I keep a running list of Architects, their projects and $ values of each project as they are assigned. I want to automatically calculate the total current $ value for each Architect without having to sort them in order, or create a separate table for each architect. Can I do that? Here's what th...

can I put a stacked column next to a solid column
I am trying to graph some information and can't figure out how to place a solid column that references one number next to a stacked column that references two numbers. Maybe a better question is can I put two stacked columns righ next to eachother? Hi, Have a look at the links on Jon Peltier's page. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html Cheers Andy RobXCSP wrote: > I am trying to graph some information and can't figure out how to place a > solid column that references one number next to a stacked column that > references two numbers. Maybe a...

Group DB columns to be used in pivot table
Hi, I have the following problems to prepare the DB. I need to create a Pivot Table and my source DB is Excel. Headings go from Column A to AT, but only columns A to N will be used to play around with the pivot, while columns O to AT are only to input values. How can I: 1) Transform the many columns O to AT in one field called Product so that once placed into the Column part of the Pivot I can see all the headings from O to AT 2) How to make all the O to AT cells active so that the user can enter values and see the changes or analyse using the A to N fields? Examle: A B C D E F G H I...

MSVC++ 6.0 Linking problem (possible OT)
TestClass.obj : error LNK2005: "int volatile bIsProcessing" (?bIsProcessing@@3HC) already defined in OtherClass.obj Creating library Release/TestDLL.lib and object Release/TestDLL.exp Release/TestDLL.dll : fatal error LNK1169: one or more multiply defined symbols found In TestClass header file I have: volatile BOOL bIsProcessing; In OtherClass I have: volatile BOOL * pbProcessing; I cannot link, and I am confused as what is wrong? I can't see any difference between this situation and one in a different project which is linking ok "hamishd" <Hamish.Dean@gmai...

calendar problems #2
I have been migrating users from Exchange 5.5 to Ex2003. The servers are now running in mixed mode and I have moved about 95% of the users' mailboxes over to the Ex2003 server. After moving the users, I discovered some of their calendars can no longer be opened. I get an error that says "Unable to display the folder. The Calendar fodler could not be found." I checked the permissions in their individual sessions of Outlook. Everything seems to be fine. The proper users have the correct rights in the Permissions tab. What's strange about it is that it doesn't ...

Count Unique text in 3 different columns
Hi, I saw a few formulas that adds Unique records when is numbers, but I have a spreasheet which I need to count the Unique records (Names) taken into consideration three diffrent columns, example; Column A Column B Column C DC&D aagis Ternure DC&D aagis Ternure DC&D adamk New Hire DC&D adamk New Hire DC&D adasilva New Hire DC&D adasilva New Hire DC&D vdafons Ternure DC&D AMPATA Ternure DC&D AMPATA Ternure DC&D AMPATA Ternure DC&D AMPATA Ternure AIO Ashaw New Hire AIO Ashaw New Hire AIO Ashaw New Hire AIO Ashaw New Hire AIO A...

how do i change column labels back to letters? currently columns.
when i opened excel this evening, i found that columns and rows are both labeled with numbers. How do I relabel the columns alphabetically so that I can use formulas? thanks Click Tools > Options > General tab Uncheck "R1C1 reference style" > OK -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "slthompson" <slthompson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DF283F7-A345-46E9-AD0C-148B8BDC200B@microsoft.com... > when i opened excel this evening, i found that columns and rows are both &g...

problem with cache
hi asp.net 3.5 I added this markup to default.aspx: <%@ OutputCache Duration="3600" VaryByParam="none" %> Then when I try to login and click the submit button nothing happens. I'm not logged in. Now when I click on the other pages on the site (e.g navigate to other pages than default.aspx), on those pages I'm logged in. Going back to default.aspx and I'm loggout... Think this has something to do with pages was cached for an hour and asp.net is just showing the cached version. I hope there are some parameters or somehting I need to sp...

hide a column
hi can u help me with this what i want is that if in a column there is written "Blank" a comman that hides that particular column plz help me with thi -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try the following macro (looks in row 1 for this word 'Blank') Sub hide_columns() Dim ColNdx As Long application.screenupdating=False For ColNdx = 1 to 256 If Cells(1, ColNdx).Value = "Blank" Then Columns(ColNdx).hidden = True End If Next ColNdx application.screenupdating=True End Sub -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany >...

License Problem 08-25-06
Hi, We have been running Microsoft CRM 3.0 SBE on SBS 2003. We have purchased CRM 3.0 Professional and intend to redeploy CRM on a Windows 2003 Standard Server on a new Domain. The problem I have experienced, is that after running the redeploy wizard succesfully. While installing CRM I receive the error "You cannot mix SBE and Professional License Keys.". We no longer wish to use the SBE keys, so if there is a way I can remove them as part of the redeploy this would be fine. How do I avoid this? "Joeh" wrote: > Hi, > We have been running Microsoft CRM 3.0 ...

display total in stacked column chart
Using Windows XP and Office 2007 To make it simple to explain, I'll make up a sample stacked column chart and maybe someone can help me. Let's assume I have taken attendance in a particular class over the last 5 years and I have that attendance information broken down into males and females. So I have a data table that has the year in Column A, the number of males in attendance in Column B, the number of females in attendance in Column C, and the total attendance in Column D. I created a stacked column chart with the information from Columns B and C so that my stacked column...

Gantt Chart Import Invalid Column Error
Trying to import an Excel table into the Gantt Chart in Visio. The Finish date works fine, but every time I try to map the Start date, I get an "Invalid Column Format" error. Tried changing the format of the Start date field, and it doesn't change anything. Excel 2007 Visio 2007 SP2 and 2010 Beta, both with the same issue. Any suggestions? some people have luck with exporting a file from Visio first, then using that as a dummy file to enter data into and import back. I also found that visio chokes on blank date fields. ...

Separating data in a column
the spreadsheet i am working on has 1 column with 2 possible answers, i.e. yes/no. what i need to do is separate the replies and then total the yes replies in another cell and also total no replies in a different cell. How do i do it? The following COUNTIF function can be used =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$21,"yes") The sort or data filter command can be used to separate the replies. "Gemgirl" wrote: > the spreadsheet i am working on has 1 column with 2 possible answers, i.e. > yes/no. what i need to do is separate the replies and then total the yes > replie...

Xcel or Access sort columns of names so that I remove the intersect between 2 columns from one of the columns?
Hi, I have currently in Xcel and long list of X English phrases in one column with associated numerical data about each name in adjoining columns. I have on another workbook (which could of course be pasted into this workbook)another similarly set out column of Y English phrases again with ajoining columns having numberical data row that the phrase. I would like to be able to sort the second column of phrases removing all the phrases that occured in the first column. Ideally it would be great to have the numerical data for the remaining English phrases still on the same rows (not necessary ...

Moving a column
How do i move a Vertical column over to the right & have the information move with it ? -- Dell Inspiron Pentium dual-core 2.2 GHz 2 GB DDR2 SDRAM Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 One way: select the column header (usually a letter at the top) Rightclick on that selection And select insert desgnr wrote: > > How do i move a Vertical column over to the right & have the information > move with it ? > > -- > Dell Inspiron > Pentium dual-core 2.2 GHz > 2 GB DDR2 SDRAM > Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 -- Dave Peterson Clic...