Column format when merging Excel data to Word labels

I have a four column Excel spreadsheet which I have Mail Merged into Word to
create labels.
One of the columns in Excel contains a list of four digit numbers. Some of
those numbers begin with a zero.
When I have merged the data into Word labels, the four digit numbers
starting with a zero have the zero missing.
I have tried all sorts of number formats in Excel but can't get the zeros to
stay there when merged to Word.
Can anyone help???? I'm using Office 2003.
0
red (30)

There's an article on the Microsoft web site that might help you:

    Answer Box: Numbers don't merge right in Word
      http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/assistance/HA011164951033.aspx

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Excel Headers
Hello All, Hope all is clicking good. Excel allows a user to create a header but the header is only displayed when printing and is also very limited in function. I am trying to create an Excel document that devoted the first seven rows to a header and then remaining thousands of rows to a list of data. I.e.: HEADER Name: blah Date: 03/03/03 Time: 12:24:03 Title: Excel problem Procedure 1) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 2) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 3) ~~~~~~~~~~~ TABLE Symbol Name Description Price ----------- -------- --------------- -------- MSFT Microsoft A big giant $23.22 AAPL Ap...

data validation 03-14-07
Hello,I'm looking for a data validation rule that would preclude users fromentering anything into a table except:A 13 character string that can only contain numbers or letters.orAn 8 character string that can only contain numbers or letters.Thanks,alex How ironic, I am trying to do much the same thing.Except in my case, I need to check a string in a custom function andstrip out any non a-z/0-9 characters. For example, if the string is"O' Mally", I'd like to strip it down to "OMally", minus the space andapostrophe.Anyone know how I can do this? On Mar 15, 2:00 p...

Charting using Stacked Column Graph
Excel 2002... I think I posted this in the wrong place before. I'm trying to chart a series that is comprised of 5 - 3 number groups. I can chart the first group, but when I try to add the next series, it stacks them onto the existing columns rather than make 3 new ones. The data looks like this (simplified): A1 A2 A3 B1 B2 B3 1-10 .01 .03 .58 .023 .025 .023 11-15 .012 .025 .025 .024 .588 .280 16-20 .012 .255 .158 .024 .254 .241 I get a nice chart with A1-A3...but can't add B1-B3 next to it. Help me, please. Thanks, Gre...

optional column required in datasheet view
I have a document library with two content types. I have changed all columns for both content types to optional. One content type is link to a document, for which URL is required by default. I have changed it to optional. The other content type is document. URL is not used in that content type. When I bulk edit items in datasheet, though, I can't save my changes without putting data in the URL column for documents, even though the column is not used in that content type and is set as optional. I even tried making URL optional at the site content type level and the datashee...

Excel Sorting Problem #2
I am trying to sort out my league table in order of points (P) bu everytime i select my cells (H15:P25) and then go data|sort|by (P Descending he screen flickers but they dont sort in order of points They just stay where they where before. Can anyone help ??? i can also send you the workbook if you want ?? Mny Thanks Benn bc1987@ntlworld.co -- cassy0 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cassy01's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=78 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31879 Benn, ...

Search columns on multiple worksheets
In a workbook I have a worksheet for each month of the year. How would I be able to automatically determine whether the entry currently being made has been entered in the same column previously on any of the worksheets? (Similar to “Find” under Edit) If so, would it be possible to indicate the previously entered data by highlighting each duplicate cell? I suggest you start with Chip's site www.cpearson.com which has lots about duplicates Then come back with more detailed question best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps fro...

Text to columns #2
Is there a way to have a worksheet automatically change to delimite text to columns when it opens? Thanks all, Vat -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Vato If I understand you correctly, simply record yourself doing it once and then re-run the code in future -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Vato Loco >" <<Vato.Loco.182h63@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Vato.Loco.182h63@excelforum-nospam.com... > Is there a way to have a worksheet automatically change to delimited &...

Can you store WORD Docs in Outlook
We use outlook for virtual file cabinets and would like to add WORD docs to our files without emailing them to ourselves. Anyone know of a way to do this? Thank you ...

multipule columns as on column
I need to create a make-table query containing 6 fields.. I have 16 fields in the original table. The first is a primary key, the next fifteen and actually three groups of five (a,b,c,d,e,a1,b1,c1,d1,e1,a2,b2,c2, d2,e2) the need to be output as a,a1,a2 into a field called last name (not concatenated), b,b1,b2 into a field called first name...etc... Does anyone have any ideas On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 16:07:31 GMT, "gz3d2h" <u34843@uwe> wrote: >I need to create a make-table query containing 6 fields.. > >I have 16 fields in the original table. The first is a primary ke...

How do I open excel docs in xp home edition, thanks
Hi I have transferred some old excel documents onto my new computer which runs on windows xp home edition but I am unable to open them, is there a way to do this, Thanks Do you have Excel installed on the new computer? Excel isn't part of Windows, so you would have had to purchase it with your new computer or purchase it separately. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "rtdl16192306" <rtdl16192306@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AD08EEA4-139E-4BCA-820F-E1BA88C3C66C@microsoft.com... &g...

want to add all $ in column c where column A is the same
I'm very new at Excel, and a real math dummy. I've figured out how to enter a formula when all the $ I want to add are together, but I can't figure out how to do that when I want to select only the $ values for certain items listed throughout the spreadsheet. For example: I keep a running list of Architects, their projects and $ values of each project as they are assigned. I want to automatically calculate the total current $ value for each Architect without having to sort them in order, or create a separate table for each architect. Can I do that? Here's what th...

Formated text in text type fields
Hi. I need to store html text in text fields. Could be some other field type, but I can't figure what. I say html but could be some other format. I need things like bold, underline, sub/superscript, eventually table with 6 or 8 cells. Can it be done (including screen displaying and printing)? For the moment I don't need any web application, just to store some formatting together with text. Thanks H. Martins If you are using Access 2007, you can use a Memo field with what they call "rich text." It stores and displays HTML. (Actually it's a limited subset of HTML, ...

Pivot Table data values
I need make a pivot table using the values as the data. I used to be able to do this, but now it only sums, counts or calculates. Is there a way to return the data values? ...

Importing email address from column in excel sheet
Wondering how to import about 60 email addresses I have in a column in an excel spreadsheet into my address book in outlook. Or even to send one email, then navigate to the email address list without actually adding them in my address book. ...

can I put a stacked column next to a solid column
I am trying to graph some information and can't figure out how to place a solid column that references one number next to a stacked column that references two numbers. Maybe a better question is can I put two stacked columns righ next to eachother? Hi, Have a look at the links on Jon Peltier's page. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html Cheers Andy RobXCSP wrote: > I am trying to graph some information and can't figure out how to place a > solid column that references one number next to a stacked column that > references two numbers. Maybe a...

Custom Date Format #2
When working with data from a spreadsheet which originated from a much earlier version of Excel (Excel95, I believe), which I'm now trying to use with Excel 2003. I'm having trouble with the formatting of the date being interpreted as a formula and forcing an equals sign "=" to appear next to the data. When the file is first opened, the original data appears correctly. However, after editing the data in the field and pressing the 'enter' key, the date displayed on the sheet shows "00-Jan-00". When I use the arrow keys to go back up to that parti...

Y-Axis Label
When I label the y-axis on a chart, the last couple of letters are cut off and not displayed. If I print, the label prints fine (nothing missing) but if I copy the graph and paste it into Word, the letters are missing. This doesn't happen to the x-axis label. If I turn the y-axis label around 90 degrees (so it isn't on it's side) it doesn't happen either, but it looks silly with the text that way. This is proving very frustrating!! Does anyone know why, or how to fix this? EDITED TO ADD: I'm using Excel 2003. And if I send the workbook to someone else (who is also u...

Merge / Collate Workbooks into 1 workbook
Grateful for help with this urgent problem, which requires automation: I've got 50 workbooks Each workbook is named after an Area Each workbook contains: Cell A1, Column Header 'Area' Cell B1, Column Header 'Zip Code' A2 to unknown number of rows contains the Area Name B2 to unknown number of rows contains different zip codes relating t that area I want to merge/collate all this data into one workbook. Please se example below: AREA ZIP COD Dallas 11111 Dallas 11111 Dallas 11111 Dallas 11111 NYC 22222 NYC 22222 NYC 22222 Chi...

Moving shapes around excel using vba
Hi guys can you help? I've written some code to move a shape around a square path using the row and column numbers to denote when the shape should change direction. However I've come a bit stuck! The little red circle moves around 3/4 of the square but then pops up with an error. Here's the code where the problem occurs: With activesheet.shapes("RedDot") For i = 1 to 16*d Select Case range("A1").value case "down" .top = .top - .topleftcell.offset(-i).height more stuff..... case "left" ...

Attachment Label doesn't update.
We've recently updated Microsoft Office 2002 SP2 to SP3. Since this update, our users are no longer able to change the label on an attachment. As long as the email was being sent as Outlook Rich Text, you could right click on the attachment and select properties and change the label. Once you click OK, the attachment in the email does not update with the new label as it did previously. Do others experience this same issue? Is it just our environment or something regarding SP3? Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks, Chrissie label or attachment filename? -- Diane Poremsky [MV...

Group DB columns to be used in pivot table
Hi, I have the following problems to prepare the DB. I need to create a Pivot Table and my source DB is Excel. Headings go from Column A to AT, but only columns A to N will be used to play around with the pivot, while columns O to AT are only to input values. How can I: 1) Transform the many columns O to AT in one field called Product so that once placed into the Column part of the Pivot I can see all the headings from O to AT 2) How to make all the O to AT cells active so that the user can enter values and see the changes or analyse using the A to N fields? Examle: A B C D E F G H I...

Excel 2007 question #3
I have been using Excel for a specific purpose since about 1990 and every version since. It is a spreadsheet with many embedded formulas which, fortunately, have worked in all versions of Excel. I am absolutely puzzled by the default behavior of Excel 2007 with regard to text entry. When entering data into a cell the typing appears in the formula bar and the cursor appears in the cell but no text. There is no cursor in the formula bar while typing. I have to deliberately place the cursor in the formula bar with the mouse to correct a typing error. If entering a text item that has prev...

Display chart data on selected employees
Greetings, Experts! (Sadly, I am not one of you) While working at a company here in San Diego, a gal in our departmen created a chart that could display company computer sales by model b selecting the model from a combo box located right there on the chart. For example, if the viewer selected "Model ABC123" from the combo box the chart would automatically change to only reflect daily sales value for that model only. I don't know anything about visual basic, and that is what the chart' macro is written in. Her macro looks up the models from a list o models, then gathers t...

Formating in Hindi
In excel we can format a number in Arabic Saudi Arabia (Hindi) likethisRange("A2") .NumberFormat = "[$-2000000]#0,000.00"Is ther an equivalent in access.How I can apply this in a Report so that the field will be formatedusing the above way?thanks speak english or die, doglike seriouslywhen you can get those sand niggers to stop blowing up cars andairplanes; then maybe I'll shutupuntil then eat sandOn Mar 13, 4:07 am, "Abdul" <abdulsalam.abdul...@gmail.com> wrote:> In excel we can format a number in Arabic Saudi Arabia (Hindi) like> this> Range(...

how do i change column labels back to letters? currently columns.
when i opened excel this evening, i found that columns and rows are both labeled with numbers. How do I relabel the columns alphabetically so that I can use formulas? thanks Click Tools > Options > General tab Uncheck "R1C1 reference style" > OK -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "slthompson" <slthompson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DF283F7-A345-46E9-AD0C-148B8BDC200B@microsoft.com... > when i opened excel this evening, i found that columns and rows are both &g...