coloured cells #2

Hi,
I have a user that created a spreadsheet that is
highlighted by colours in different cells.  On his home
computer he can see the colours but at work the
spreadsheet becomes pure black and white.  If he prints
the spreadsheet at work, it is in colour.  He used to see
the colours on the screen at work also.  He is using
Excel 2002.  Any ideas?
Joyce

Look if he has set this

Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Accessibility Options.
Click the Display tab, and then click to clear the Use High Contrast check
box.
Click OK to close the Accessibility Options dialog box.

--

For everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup.

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Joyce" <joyce.atkinson@unisa.edu.au> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I have a user that created a spreadsheet that is
> highlighted by colours in different cells.  On his home
> computer he can see the colours but at work the
> spreadsheet becomes pure black and white.  If he prints
> the spreadsheet at work, it is in colour.  He used to see
> the colours on the screen at work also.  He is using
> Excel 2002.  Any ideas?
> Joyce

0
terre081 (3244)
6/4/2004 2:34:36 AM
Hi Joyce!

I think it was Debra Dalgleish who tracked this one down some time
ago:

Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Accessibility
Options.
Click the Display tab, and then click to clear the Use High Contrast
checkbox.
Click OK to close the Accessibility Options dialog box.

It's covered by a Microsoft Knowledge Base article:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-ca;320531
OFF: Changes to Fill Color and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed

When you try to change the fill color or the fill pattern in one of
the
programs listed at the beginning of this article, the changes that you
selected may not be visible; however, you may be able to see the
changes in
print preview and on a printed page.

It seems to be a quite common occurence and I think that many users,
on
installation, decide that they like the sound of "Use High Contrast".
There
is also a possibility that some games programs change this option and
don't
change it back or the change doesn't get changed if the user crashes
out of
the game.

--
Regards
Norman Harker MVP (Excel)

0
njharker (1646)

"Too Many Different Cell Formats" #2
Can anyone tell me what this means and how I can fix whatever is causin it? I'm simply trying to change some cells from no decimals t having decimals. I did test other worksheets in the same workboo and I get the same message there, too. This workbook I'm working i has probably 20 different worksheets . . . some are graphs, some ar copies of work in other folders. Thanks in advance for any help ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com XL: Error ...

Setting the magnification to a range of cell's
I have a work book that is used by many users who have different resolutions on their PCs's. Is there anyway i can get the workbook to adjust itself on open so that a certain range of cells set by me fill the workbook. -- ceemo ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ceemo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=10650 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=396899 You can maximize the application window. You can maximize the worksheet window. and you can set the zoom percentage to sho...

Message colour ?
Hi All Someone recently sent me a email that shows up red in my message window ( I don't use the preview pane ). I don't have any message rules that would change the colour of that message or anything like that and the priority of the message is normal. Anybody have any ideas as to how this is done ? OL 2002. Cas It's done with the default automatic formatting rules -- View | Current View | Customize Current View | Automatic Formatting -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers ...

Problem with cell autoformat
I have an HTML data (ex. 17-2 with "-2" in red-colored uppecase) I want to paste it to MSExcel but it converts "17-2" to calendar dat (ex. 17.feb). THIS IS NOT NEEDED! I can fix the cells manually, but it takes too much time. How to fobid to excel converting (autoformatting) cell types? Thanks, Roman +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: err3.jpg |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4341 +----------------------------------------------------------------...

Outlook shortcut bar #2
I just can't seem to find a way to do this and am hoping that someone here has some good ideas for me. I have a user that has a bunch of short cuts in his outlook shortcut bar. I am switching his PC and and want to know if those shortcuts are contained in a file that I can just copy to the new machine? Thanks in advance for any info! The Outlook Bar shortcuts are stored in the ---.FAV file (where "---" is the name of your profile). -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post ...

Print 2 reports
Hi, Is it possible to print 2 copies of my report using the following code? thanks. ************************************************* Private Sub Command27_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Command27_Click Dim strWhere As String If Me.Dirty Then 'Save any edits. Me.Dirty = False End If If Me.NewRecord Then 'Check there is a record to print MsgBox "Select a record to print" Else strWhere = "[WarehouseID] = " & Me.[WarehouseID] DoCmd.OpenReport "rptWarehouse", acViewNormal, , strWhere DoCmd.GoToRecor...

WorkSheet Cell Precedents?
Excel2003 ... I wish to delete a few WorkSheets in a 40mg WorkBook ... However, I do not wish to delete if any of the cells are Precedent for other WorkSheets. I know how to do this on a cell basis with the "Auditing" ToolBar ... but is there a way to do this on a WorkSheet basis. Thanks ... Kha Should have been "Dependents". "Ken" wrote: > Excel2003 ... I wish to delete a few WorkSheets in a 40mg WorkBook ... > However, I do not wish to delete if any of the cells are Dependent for other > WorkSheets. > > I know how to do ...

Assigning a cell address to a variable
I'm sure this is a simple question, but I've been searching and cannot seem to find the answer to it. I have a couple of loops that run that put data onto a spreadsheet, I want to before the loop runs assign a variable the address of the first cell and at the end assign a variable the address of the last cell. I am trying to use Set LastDay = Range(Cells(3, CalCount)) but this gives me an error. Any ideas or help I would love. Thanks James, This would set the variable LastDay to the address of the last used cell in column A and then create a named range from ...

Cell Not Formatting correctly.
Okay, here is my issue. I formatted a column for phone number - the only way the phone number will show formatted is if I double click in the cell or if I click on the cell and press F2. What's going on? I tried to Edit|Clear|Formats but that didn't work either. Any suggestions? The list I need to format is over a few thousand rows. Thanks for the help! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ I know what you mean.......some cells seem to get &...

Adding a letter before a digit in pre populated cell.
Hi Guys, I have a simple one here, I have rows 1 - 100, I want to put a letter before each digit. IE. OP1 OP2 OP3 How would I go about this without having to do it manually. Cheers. Select the 3 you entered then grab the fill handle in the lower right corner and drag it down as far as you want. -- Jim <mdujardin@gmail.com> wrote in message news:a661d8c2-cb1c-4465-be3f-0cfb324e17d3@k30g2000hse.googlegroups.com... | Hi Guys, | | I have a simple one here, I have rows 1 - 100, I want to put a letter | before each digit. | | IE. | | OP1 | OP2 | OP3 | | How would I go about this with...

Colour Rows in Datasheet based on three criteria
I was wondering whether it would be possible to colour rows in a datasheet (or continuous form) based on 3 criteria. Scenario is I have a series of jobs that can be either unassigned, assigned and finally "assigned and completed". I would like all rows that are "unassigned" to be one colour; all assigned jobs to be another colour and the final section to be a further different colour. thanking you in anticipation PMK On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 09:05:01 -0800, PMK <PMK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I was wondering whether it would be possible to colour r...

Colour changes
Greetings from Downunder One of my colleagues sent me this, something of a puzzle. She is using XP and Office 2003:- In My Documents I have a folder of PPTs of hymns and songs that we use in church. I file any new songs here making sure that they are a golden yellow text on a very dark blue background. This is the way it has been for about 4-5 years. This morning I went to use some of them in the presentation for this coming Sunday - and would you believe they are now ALL pale yellow on a black background. Every last one of them - and each song is is a separate PPT file. ...

Selecting Only Unprotected Cells
Hello, Excel 2000. I have a spreadsheet that I need to find all unprotected cells in and change some formatting options for those cells only. The sheet was designed by someone else and I think that if I try to find them with trial-and-error, it will either take me forever, or I will never find them all. I cant find any info so I am hoping someone here may know. Any ideas? Thanks, Chris Chris, you could use a macro to change the background color in them so you can find them easily, like this Sub Color_Unprotected_cells() 'will change the interior color to blue in all unprotecte...

protecting cells #2
How do you protect cells that contain a formula, and leave unprotected cells that will have data entered into it? Hi Ed! Select all cells in the worksheet by pressing the button at the intersection of rows and column headings. Format > Cells > Protection Remove check from "Locked" OK Select the cells you want to protect Format > Cells > Protection Place check in "Locked" OK Tools > Protection > Protect Sheet Give and confirm password if you want OK Note that it's a two stage operation. Format Protection followed by Tools Protection. To change, you...

View lengthy text from one cell to another cell without widening c
View lengthy text from one cell to another cell without widening cell width of the other cell I used the = sign to display a long text in cell A1 in cell H1 so that if I change the text of A1, cell H1 will change as well; I want to keep the cell widths of the worksheet narrow; how can I view the entire text in H1 without having to widen it; whereas the formula bar in A1 shows the entire text, the formula bar shows only the formula reference, not the text itself On a related point, I downloaded a form template and linked it to my data; when I use the = sign to insert my data...

Preview #2
I can not see my incerted pictures in my "web page preview" ...

Charting in a cell
Does anybody have some information in creating a line chart that resides within a cell that reflects the pattern of a row or column of numbers? Someone at work referred to such a thing as a "spark line". Any VBA out there to help with something like that ? -- Dave_DD Put some numbers in A1:A6 (1,5,8,10,15,12) In B1 enter =REPT("-",A1) Copy down to B6 Adjust column width of B as needed Try other symbols in place of "-" That's how we did it in Fortran in the 60's OR get Excel 2007 best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove cap...

Display cell formula by function
Hi. Is there a way to perform a function which display the formula of the target cell (NOT the value of the cell)? {Fictitious function} ShowFormula(TargetCell) Eg: A1 = sum(3, 4) A2 = ShowFormula(A1) Answer of A2: sum(3, 4) -- Additional information: - I'm using Office XP - I'm using Windows XP You could copy the equation to the cell and then put " in front of it (short term) "0-0 Wai Wai ^-^" <x@x.com> wrote in message news:%23OeHX84sFHA.2880@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi. > Is there a way to perform a function which display the formula of the >...

Sum every other cell?
I own a used-book shop. I have an Excel SS to track how many books pe day I sell in each of 28 categories and the $$$ I take in for eac category. So there's two columns for each day: #books & $$$. therefore want to add every odd-numbered cell in a row to get the tota number of books for a category in a given period of days and ever even-numbered cell in the same row for the the total $$$. Is there simple formula or function for this -- bookmanj ----------------------------------------------------------------------- bookmanjb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?acti...

can i match a colour to its wavelength in nm
I have no clue what nm means? http://www.nattyware.com/pixie.html -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "aquakem" <aquakem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C5542A16-0420-47AC-A1F1-F7C4E6A11B80@microsoft.com... > Mary Sauer <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I have no clue what nm means? Nanometres. > http://www.nattyware.com/pixie.html Won't do it. http://members.cox.net/astro7/color.html claims to have a FORTRAN program that will do it....

blank cell #3
How do I usse conditional formatting to tell all the cells in a particular column to change one color if there is something in a cell, and another if it is blank? The column in question is the "Date Closed" column and I want the blank cells to stand out from the rest. Thanks Ross Select the column (I used E). And with E1 the active cell... Format|conditional formatting formula is: =E1="" choose a nice format Ross wrote: > > How do I usse conditional formatting to tell all the cells in a particular > column to change one color if there is something in ...

text gets cut in cells
when trying enter text in a cell (say the size of a letter for example) the text gets cut; only the cut version is printable, although the formula bar displays the whole text. How can I get all the text displayed in the cell (AND printed)? Cells can only print about 1024 characters, even tho they can contain about 32000 characters. In order to print/see more, use a text box. Bob Umlas Excel MVP "D B Kaufmann" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:c34401c47a31$9a865ea0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > when trying enter text in a cell (say the size of a >...

How do i merge data in a row of cells to be comma separated in on.
I have multiple columns each containing data that i now need to represent in one final cell for each row. Can i merge the date with comma separators? One way: =A1 & "," & B1 & "," & C1... Alternatively, you could use the UDF here: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/multicat.html =MultiCat(A1:F1,",") In article <AEEC8296-91AD-41BD-985A-37590284F84C@microsoft.com>, Banana <Banana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have multiple columns each containing data that i now need to represent in > one final cell f...

Eliminated unused cells
Hello, I would like to know if it is possible to eliminate unused cells or do I just hide them. I sent out a calendar of events that I created using excel. When others open and try to print it, they can print out the schedule but then it wants to print over 2000 pages of just the header and nothing else. I deduce it is detecting all those unused cells and thus thinking I want those printed. I do know how to set the print area and that does correct the problem. However, I was thinking that there must be something else I can do so that I don't have to set a print area each time I create a ...

What VBA function returns cell 2 from which cell 1 gets its value?
This is a simple and possibly embarrassing question. In Excel 2002 SP3, cell 1 is on ProfitSheet and depends on cell 2, on a different sheet. Cell 1 has a UDF, so it looks like: "=MassageData(SalesSheet!$A$1)" Given that I know cell 1 at runtime, what VBA function returns cell 2? I have tried: Set Cel2 = Cel1.Precedents(1) Set Cel2 = Cel1.Precedents.Cells(1, 1) etc. but that only seems to return Cel1 itself (at least that's what the Debug Window shows). 1) Is my syntax wrong? 2) Is Excel's lack of external dependent/precedent functionality in my...