Colors with EXCEL 2003

With Excel 2003 recently installed  I can't see cells colors on LCD. The same
with WORDRART colors. Is it a bug with this version
0
Deligny (1)

Bernard,

Try this KB article

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320531
Changes to fill color and fill pattern are not displayed in Office programs

--

HTH

RP

"Bernard Deligny" <Bernard Deligny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:E1601066-D880-4F7D-B154-248A7AF74DE3@microsoft.com...
> With Excel 2003 recently installed  I can't see cells colors on LCD. The
same
> with WORDRART colors. Is it a bug with this version

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
1/9/2005 4:35:34 PM
THANKS VERY MATCH BOB. IT RUNS

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

> Bernard,
>
> Try this KB article
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320531
> Changes to fill color and fill pattern are not displayed in Office programs
>
> --
>
> HTH
>
> RP
>

> "Bernard Deligny" <Bernard Deligny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:E1601066-D880-4F7D-B154-248A7AF74DE3@microsoft.com...
> > With Excel 2003 recently installed  I can't see cells colors on LCD. The
> same
> > with WORDRART colors. Is it a bug with this version

Exchange upgrade from 5.5 to 2003
I have a 2003 mixed-mode domain with some NT servers with Exchange 5.5. I now would like to upgrade Exchange to 2003 and go to a native 2003 domain. Reading about the Exchange upgrade it sounds like you have to go to native mode first so that you can upgrade the schema with the Exchange fields. If that's the case this is what I'm looking at: 1. Upgrade all servers to 2000/2003. All Exchange servers will be 2000 since Exchange 5.5 won't run on 2003 2. Raise the functional level to 2000 native 3. Upgrade the schema for Exchange 2000/2003. 4. Upgrade all Exchange to 2000/2003. Doe...

CDialog background color
Hello, How can change the background colour of a dialog programmatically? Best regards >How can change the background colour of a dialog programmatically? Handle the WM_CTLCOLORDLG message (OnCtlColor CTLCOLOR_DLG in MFC) and return a brush of the colour you want. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq Thanks but it didn't work! here is the code that I wrote: HBRUSH CDialogAppCon::OnCtlColor(CDC* pDC, CWnd* pWnd, UINT nCtlColor) { HBRUSH hbr = CDialog::OnCtlColor(pDC, pWnd, nCtlColor); // TODO: Change any attributes of the DC here // TODO: Return a different b...

how can I remove the fix funtion from my excel 2000??
Anyone that could help me out I'd appreciatte. I have the fix function on my excel and every number i type nmhy it automaticaly appears as nm.hy. It is driving me crazy! thanks a lot P Tools>Options>Edit. Uncheck "Fixed Decimal Places" Gord Dibben Excel MVP - XL97 SR2 & XL2002 On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 09:27:58 -0700, "paul" <paulny89@yahoo.com> wrote: >Anyone that could help me out I'd appreciatte. >I have the fix function on my excel and every number i >type nmhy it automaticaly appears as nm.hy. >It is driving me crazy! > >th...

Excel- orgchart and databases
How do I feed info from a database into an orgchart? Is it possible? ...

Excel Public Misc
I can't find Excel Public Misc in the Newsgroup listings under msnews.microsoft.com. I had Misc selected when my computer froze up and had to reboot. Since then it is gone from my Outlook Express Folders and I can't find it in the newsgroup listings under Excel. Any ideas? Regards, Howard Hi Howard Have you Reset the list in the newsgoup subscriptions list ??? You can also do this if this is not working Add a new news account with the same settings and download the newsgroup list Then delete the old one -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm &...

Color
Hi, I'm a new programmer with C++ We are using VC++6 I'd like to know if it's possible to give a backgroung color to a label (static text) from my code. I want to change the background color of a lable (static text) depending on what the user choose from a combo box color Thanks I think you can subclass your "static class" window and write your own WM_ERASEBKGND message handler.... Something like this: ------%<-----------%<--------------- class CMyStaticText: public CStatic { public: afx_msg BOOL OnEraseBkgnd(CDC *); DECLARE_MESSAGE_MAP() } BEGIN_MES...

How do I get gif files to animate in Excel?
I downloaded a ClipArt .gif file, [insert][picture][from file]. It shows the picture but it does not animate. Please help! Thanks Check out: http://www.xcelfiles.com/AnimatedGif.html HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I downloaded a ClipArt .gif file, [insert][picture][from file]. It shows the >picture but it does not animate. > >Please help! > >Thanks >. > ...

Automatically Updating Excel Data In Word Doc Inside Excel File
I have inserted a "Word" object icon into an Excel file (Tab 1) and then used paste link to display data updates from other tabs in the same Excel file in the Word document that is in Tab 1. I am looking for a way to have the links from the Excel Tab 1 file that are in the Word file automatically updated and independent of the Excel filename. Problem is that when I put the Word document icon into the Excel file, open it, paste link data from the same Excel file and then rename the Excel file later the links are not automatically reflecting the new Excel name. The new Exce...

2003 attachments
Is there a way to configure attachments to appear in the body of a new message instead of it listed underneath the subject field. DS wrote: || Is there a way to configure attachments to appear in the body of a || new message instead of it listed underneath the subject field. Yes - change your email format to Rich text. Be warned however, if you do this, anyone you send an attachmnet to who is NOT using Outlook, won't be able to open the attachment. -- Gordon Burgess-Parker Interim Systems and Management Accounting www.gbpcomputing.co.uk Thanks Gordon "Gordon" <gor...

Change cell color after processes
In this program which works until I added the .cells color - basically I want to color the cell if it existed and was moved or a different color if the file was not found. I keep getting a type mismatch. The code is below. 'Primary program ' Sub RunThroughList() Dim I As Long Dim Destination As String Dim Lastrow As Long Lastrow = Worksheets(1).Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row For I = 1 To Lastrow MoveFiles Range("A" & I).Value, "P:\Web_ICC\Archive_Test\", I Cells("A", I).Interior.ColorIndex = 6 Next End Sub 'Sub routin...

Color Scheme Disapeared?
Several lines were shaded the standard beige that appears on the color scheme chart when the color chart icon is pressed in Excel 2000. To my surprise ... and for no known reason... all lines shaded with that color changed to a cruddy gray. When I looked at the chart again, where the beige had been is now that crummy gray... as it appears in several other boxes of that chart now. When I place my cursor over those boxes of gray, I get a text reading of "Color Scheme" rather than the name of the color the cursor is on. What the heck happened and how do I get that beige back? Never ...

Excel Newbie-Simple Question Regarding Numbers Formats
Trying to enter positive numbers (no decimal places) into cells that start with the number zero.No luck. Tried "Help"...couldn't figure it out (after 30 minutes). Can somebody walk me through it? I'm using Excel 2000. TIA! The only way I know a number starting with zero (0) can be entered in cell without losing the 0 is to put an apostrophe before entering th number, e.g. '012345 and this will register in the cell as 012345. But then, technically this is not in a number format. This will be a text. BTW, how can a number starting with 0 not have a decimal place i...

Help formatting text color based on formula
I have searched the forum and find some things that help but not quite enough. I have a table of numbers. In fact there are 300 rows of 5 colums of numbers. What I would like to do is to change the color of the number if it matches one of 5 other numbers. Example Reference #s 2 6 23 43 48 01 02 09 08 14 06 14 23 43 44 03 11 23 24 52 etc etc etc etc The example list is already populated. When the reference numbers are entered I want any number in the example list that matches any number in the reference list to change to a specified color. Any way to...

Advice re: Excel
I have been using Office 97 for several years (primarily Excel and Word) and realize that it is no longer supported by MS, but since it still worked and I couldn't afford to update, I just kept rolling along. Last night however, I attempted to open one of my Excel files and got a notice that some file within Excel couldn't be located and that I should upgrade immediately! Now I can get into some of my files but not others --bummer!! I really cannot afford to run out and purchase a new Office Suite and do not yet feel comfortable using Open Office, do was wondering if I can ju...

how to open 1-2-3 files with excel
I cannot open my old 1-2-3 files with excel. I need help. Office File Converter Pack http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=cf196df0-70e5-4595-8a98-370278f40c57&DisplayLang=en This includes LOTUS32.CNV, which is the Lotus 123 converter. You should note that you can ONLY OPEN Lotus 123 files with this converter. "Tanmen" <Tanmen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FAD82E0E-4806-401E-B49F-7365FC64FBC3@microsoft.com... > I cannot open my old 1-2-3 files with excel. I need help. Tanmen Wrote: > I cannot open my old 1-2-3 files with...

Change border color of active cell??
How can i change the border color of the active cell in Ecell 2004 for MAC?? thanks ...

Excel connectivity.
If I have a number of 3rd party products which I would like to send data to from my XL application, what methods would I use? I know each product is different, but if I could influence the author of those products to add certain functionality so that I can use my XL app to communicate data to these products, what method would be the best? -- Julian Milano | (To reply, remove NOSPAM from the email address) | First thing I'd ask is if they can read an excel file directly--maybe even ask if they can show a list of worksheets and prompt me for a range. If that's too much, I'...

How do I keep graph "data table" formats in separate excel workboo
I have 1 master file that contains all the details to create various graphs. I would like to have these graphs included in various other excel files. When I copy the tab with the graph from the original workbook into a new excel workbook, the "data table" that is shown with the graph loses its format (ie dollars and percentage formats get lost). Is there a way to retain the formats of the "data table" without having to copy and maintain the source data in each of the new excel workbooks? The goal is to have graphs in each of the new excel workbooks get updated ...

Parameter queries in Excel
Hi all i would like to create a query in excel, that accepts a data in a cell as a parameter, so instead of a user each time editing the query, he simply enters what he is searching for in the cell, and refresh's the query Can anyone point me in the right direction any links would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance ...

Importing data from Outlook into Excel
Hello What I would like to do is import the First Name, Last Name and "Alias" from every email in my Outlook Inbox into an Excel Spreadsheet containing 3 distinct dolumns for the data. We are using Outlook 2003 and Excel 2003, and our organisation uses MS Exchange Servers. If it helps to provide some context, the reason I need to do this is that I am managing a mailbox for an internal journal we produce. Readers wanting to subscribe are asked to send an email to the mailbox and up until now I have been manually going in and looking at their Outlook Properties an...

re: Changing subject/conversation text color <20061123223842noreply@takethisout.registrme.sent.com>
Never mind. I changed it with "Other Settings, Shade Group Headings". Couldn't change the color, but the color is now black on gray (my system setting) and is a lot better. EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com ...

Field list does not appear in pivot table. How do I fix? Excel 07
I use pivot tables extensively. This week the field list stopped appearing & I can't get it fixed. Anyone know how to fix this? I'm assuming I've changed a setting somewhere that caused this. Have you tried:- PivotTable Tools / Options / Show/Hide group / Field List? "kg1816" wrote: > I use pivot tables extensively. This week the field list stopped appearing & > I can't get it fixed. Anyone know how to fix this? I'm assuming I've changed > a setting somewhere that caused this. ...

color in checkbox?
Any way you can have a checkbox turn a color (fill in black or whatever color) when you click on it instead of a checkmark? -- Thanks, Sharon SHARON wrote: > Any way you can have a checkbox turn a color (fill in black or > whatever color) when you click on it instead of a checkmark? Not with a genuine form-field checkbox (although with an exit macro you could change the checkbox's font color, that's not "instead of a checkmark"). Using the technique at http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Add_Toggle_Objects.htm, though, you can make the "checkbox" b...

Excel 2007 Change Standard Colors How?
Greetings, I just started Excel 2007. My spreadsheets typically have a lot of cells that are color filled. When I work on a old or new one, I find the light bright color fills of 2003 aren't there as defaults or easy to find without multiple clicks. Is there a way to change the standard colors presented when you click on the paint bucket? Thanks for your help! ...

Cannot change user passwords in SBS 2003
Hello, I cannot change passwords for any domain user in SBS "Active Directory Users and Computers". The steps are: 1. Start/Run 2. dsa.msc 3. Go to mydomain.local\MyBusiness\Users\SBSUsers 4. Right click on any user 5. Select "Reset password" 6. I enter the new password and click on OK 7. I get the error: Active Directory Windows cannot complete the password change for "username" because: A device attached to the system is not functioning. Same thing happens if I go through Server Management\Users. dcdiag does not give any errors. I s...