color tab on spreadsheet

hi
I have a file with 20 tab and names nearly same. So I would like to color the tab. Do you know how to do it
thanks for hel
Benjamin
0
anonymous (74717)

Is only possible in Excel 2002 and 2003 Ben

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1  XL2002 SP-2)

"Ben.c" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:30C7D4B9-F271-45AF-A618-66680BF33EDE@microsoft.com...
> hi,
> I have a file with 20 tab and names nearly same. So I would like to color the tab. Do you know how to do it ?
> thanks for help
> Benjamin

0
rondebruin (3789)
11/27/2003 5:58:02 PM
Only way is to get Office XP (excel 2002) onward

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Ben.c" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi,
> I have a file with 20 tab and names nearly same. So I would like to color
the tab. Do you know how to do it ?
> thanks for help
> Benjamin

0
terre081 (3244)
11/27/2003 6:02:31 PM
Ouuuiiinnnnn
thanks a lot, I still won't lost my time to searhc.....
0
anonymous (74717)
11/27/2003 6:41:11 PM
Hi Ben,
Twenty worksheets doesn't sound like a lot of names.

You can name sheets anything you want to make them unique.

Sorting the worksheet names makes it a lot easier to find names,
you may have to be careful if you have 3D references to multiple
worksheets  i.e.    sheet1:Sheet130
     http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel/buildtoc2.htm#sortallsheets

You could make a table of contents
     http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel/buildtoc.htm

If the worksheet names include dates,  you would want the do be
something   like    yyyymmdd   or  yyyy_mmdd   so that they sort
properly.

If you want to categorize them you add a  prefix to the worksheetnames.

I had Lotus Notes which like Lotus 1-2-3 had colored tabs,  I can remember
coloring the tabs and impressing someone with them, but I can't remember
what I had categorized with them.   What do you use the colors to categorize.
---
HTH,

"Ben.c" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> I have a file with 20 tab and names nearly same. So I would like to color
> the tab. Do you know how to do it ?

0
dmcritchie (2586)

CDialog background color
Hello, How can change the background colour of a dialog programmatically? Best regards >How can change the background colour of a dialog programmatically? Handle the WM_CTLCOLORDLG message (OnCtlColor CTLCOLOR_DLG in MFC) and return a brush of the colour you want. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq Thanks but it didn't work! here is the code that I wrote: HBRUSH CDialogAppCon::OnCtlColor(CDC* pDC, CWnd* pWnd, UINT nCtlColor) { HBRUSH hbr = CDialog::OnCtlColor(pDC, pWnd, nCtlColor); // TODO: Change any attributes of the DC here // TODO: Return a different b...

Color
Hi, I'm a new programmer with C++ We are using VC++6 I'd like to know if it's possible to give a backgroung color to a label (static text) from my code. I want to change the background color of a lable (static text) depending on what the user choose from a combo box color Thanks I think you can subclass your "static class" window and write your own WM_ERASEBKGND message handler.... Something like this: ------%<-----------%<--------------- class CMyStaticText: public CStatic { public: afx_msg BOOL OnEraseBkgnd(CDC *); DECLARE_MESSAGE_MAP() } BEGIN_MES...

Protected Sheet, change tab order?
I've created a two page fill in sheet. When protected only certain cells are available for editing. My two pages end up being side by side on the sheet due to columns needed and vertically it would have been a mess. Horizontally I can have 15 columns on page one and 6 columns on page two. My problem is, I would like to be able to tab through the sheet in a certain manner meaning, Tab through all cells vertically in the B columns first then tab through the cells in the E column and then move to page two and tab through row 6, a, b c d e f then row 7, a b c d e f and so on. Is ther...

Tab copy w/charts errors
Hi. I've been trying to figure this out for a while. A little lost though. I am working with fairly large workbooks with 30+ sheets. These files are large 20-40MB. Most sheets (containing embedded charts) in the workbook are generated from a base sheet by simply using the Move or copy sheet function of the tab. The base workbook started from a previous workbook as these excel files carry all the data for large scale studies that are similar (ie similar formatting, variables, etc.). Problems: Large file sizes. Is this to be expected? Links with broken references as a result of u...

Change cell color after processes
In this program which works until I added the .cells color - basically I want to color the cell if it existed and was moved or a different color if the file was not found. I keep getting a type mismatch. The code is below. 'Primary program ' Sub RunThroughList() Dim I As Long Dim Destination As String Dim Lastrow As Long Lastrow = Worksheets(1).Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row For I = 1 To Lastrow MoveFiles Range("A" & I).Value, "P:\Web_ICC\Archive_Test\", I Cells("A", I).Interior.ColorIndex = 6 Next End Sub 'Sub routin...

Color Scheme Disapeared?
Several lines were shaded the standard beige that appears on the color scheme chart when the color chart icon is pressed in Excel 2000. To my surprise ... and for no known reason... all lines shaded with that color changed to a cruddy gray. When I looked at the chart again, where the beige had been is now that crummy gray... as it appears in several other boxes of that chart now. When I place my cursor over those boxes of gray, I get a text reading of "Color Scheme" rather than the name of the color the cursor is on. What the heck happened and how do I get that beige back? Never ...

Help formatting text color based on formula
I have searched the forum and find some things that help but not quite enough. I have a table of numbers. In fact there are 300 rows of 5 colums of numbers. What I would like to do is to change the color of the number if it matches one of 5 other numbers. Example Reference #s 2 6 23 43 48 01 02 09 08 14 06 14 23 43 44 03 11 23 24 52 etc etc etc etc The example list is already populated. When the reference numbers are entered I want any number in the example list that matches any number in the reference list to change to a specified color. Any way to...

Change border color of active cell??
How can i change the border color of the active cell in Ecell 2004 for MAC?? thanks ...

re: Changing subject/conversation text color <20061123223842noreply@takethisout.registrme.sent.com>
Never mind. I changed it with "Other Settings, Shade Group Headings". Couldn't change the color, but the color is now black on gray (my system setting) and is a lot better. EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com ...

color in checkbox?
Any way you can have a checkbox turn a color (fill in black or whatever color) when you click on it instead of a checkmark? -- Thanks, Sharon SHARON wrote: > Any way you can have a checkbox turn a color (fill in black or > whatever color) when you click on it instead of a checkmark? Not with a genuine form-field checkbox (although with an exit macro you could change the checkbox's font color, that's not "instead of a checkmark"). Using the technique at http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Add_Toggle_Objects.htm, though, you can make the "checkbox" b...

Excel 2007 Change Standard Colors How?
Greetings, I just started Excel 2007. My spreadsheets typically have a lot of cells that are color filled. When I work on a old or new one, I find the light bright color fills of 2003 aren't there as defaults or easy to find without multiple clicks. Is there a way to change the standard colors presented when you click on the paint bucket? Thanks for your help! ...

color code
I have trying to do this, but to no avail. I want cells to change color like: more than 60 days before certain date - they're green 1 - 60 days - they're yellow 0 days and days after - they're red Format | Conditional Format | Cell Value is < A1-60 where the date to check against is in cell A1. Define your Format. Same for the other formats -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "Shihachi" wrote: > I have trying to do this, but to no avail. > I want cells to change color like: > more than 60 days before certain date - they're green > 1 - ...

i have rows missing on my spreadsheet but i cannot unhide them?
i have a spreadsheet with rows missong but when i highlight them to unhide they dont unhide, I do not know how to get them back. Can anyone help? Thanks Emma, They may not be hidden. 1) They may have very low heights, so select all your cells - click the button to the upper left of cell A1 - and then hover your cursor over a row button until the cursor changes to the row height icon. Then double clike. 2) They may be filtered. Try Data / Filter / Autofilter. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Emma130176" <Emma130176@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9AC1C131-...

color tab on spreadsheet
hi I have a file with 20 tab and names nearly same. So I would like to color the tab. Do you know how to do it thanks for hel Benjamin Is only possible in Excel 2002 and 2003 Ben -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Ben.c" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:30C7D4B9-F271-45AF-A618-66680BF33EDE@microsoft.com... > hi, > I have a file with 20 tab and names nearly same. So I would like to color the tab. Do you know how to do it ? > thanks for help > Benjamin Only way is to get Office XP (excel 2002)...

Result changes cell color
Is there a way to fill a cell with a color depending on the result? Basically, I want the following: If cell = 1 Fill cell with Red If cell = 2 Fill cell with Yellow If cell = 3 Fill cell with Green Thanks for any help. format>conditional format>easy from there -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "GSBohn" <genie@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message news:uDoqd.47388$Oc.10064@tornado.tampabay.rr.com... > Is there a way to fill a cell with a color depending on the result? > > Basically, I want the following: > > If cell = 1 Fill cell with ...

changing font color in multiple textboxes
Hello, I am trying to find out how (if its possible) to change the font color of multiple textboxes at the same time. I changed my background and now i need all the textboxes to have white text instead of black. I have over 100 textboxes so going and changing each text box is quite annoying. Any help is appreciated. kahlan715 wrote: > I am trying to find out how (if its possible) to change the font color of > multiple textboxes at the same time. I changed my background and now i need > all the textboxes to have white text instead of black. I have over 100 > textboxe...

Copying large spreadsheets from excel to word
I am using Office 2002 with the latest patches installed. I have tried to copy a large database into word, however each time I paste special as a workshhet objext the database is compressed onto 1 page within my word document. Pasting as a picture seems to mess up the spreadsheet formatting. Is there any way I can paste the selected data so that it spans pages within word other than by cutting my database into small section and copying and pasting them individually? Thanks. ...

printing in color paper
Hi, I'm trying to print in blue and red paper but the text always appear black no matter which font color I choose. Does any one have tried to print non black font in non white paper? Thanks a lot for your help Neither Word nor your printer has any way of knowing what color paper you are putting into your printer. If you try to print (for instance) with red ink on green paper, of course it will look black! On Feb 1, 11:41=A0am, MVR <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, I'm trying to print in blue and red paper but the text always appear > black no m...

How do I change cell color in excel based on text input?
I want the cell format (meaning color of the cell) to change based upon the text entered. I have used up the conditioal formatting. It only allows three formats, and i require more. I am inquiring if this can be made into a formula for a cell to have the color change upon certain text phrases? Try this event code. Option Compare Text Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Set r = Range("A1:A20") If Intersect(Target, r) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub End If On Error GoTo Endit Application.EnableEvents = False vals = Array("Cat", "Dog", "Gopher&...

matching rows from different spreadsheets
how do i match rows from different spreadsheets to a directory: Directory ZIP No. 80001 1 80002 2 80003 3 80004 4 80005 5 80006 6 80007 7 Sheet 1: ZIP POP 80001 134 80003 9890 80006 9489 80009 883 =>: Directory ZIP No. POP 80001 1 134 80002 2 80003 3 9890 80004 4 80005 5 80006 6 9489 80007 7 ...

Colors in Outlook Today
Is there any way I can add additional styles to Outlook Today to give me more color schemes besides Summer and Winter? -Mike Not natively from Outlook. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head-scratching, Mike D. asked this group: | Is there any way I can add additional styles to Outlook Today to give | me more color schemes besides Summer and Winter? | | -Mike ...

Tab control not working with queries
I have a form with a tab control on it. Within one of the tabs I have a subform. the problem I have is that I have a button on this subform that runs a report based on a selection within this subform. Bottom line is it appears that the query (that the report uses) doesn't recognize the criteria - [Forms] ![F_AFE_subform]![AFE_ID] - because it is not part of the main form that the tab control is on. Is there a way to accomplish this? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200912/1 "szag via AccessMonster.com"...

TAB name
How put tab Name in a cell ? One way: =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))+1,255) or this UDF: Public Function SheetName(Optional ByVal rng As Range) As String Application.Volatile If rng Is Nothing Then Set rng = Application.Caller SheetName = rng.Parent.Name End Function In article <02a401c3dd74$81548290$a601280a@phx.gbl>, "Laura" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How put tab Name in a cell ? =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filenam...

Change color of Track Changes Highlighting
How do I change the color of the highlighting when track changes is enabled? A colleague reviewed my work and entered changes but the highlighting is a light green color and is almost invisible. In MS word there is an option button on the "Highlight Changes" dialog. Where is the similar control in Excel (2000)?? Thanks for your help. Bob Julian ...

How to Paste Link a cell with color and maintain the color