Coding letters and numbers

Is there a way to have a monetary vaue appear when a letter is typed into a
cell?
0
Linds (8)

Tools>Autocorrect options

If this is not at all what you mean, try being a bit more specific

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Linds" <Linds@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to have a monetary vaue appear when a letter is typed into
> cell?

0
nicolaus (2022)
12/21/2005 5:21:21 PM
Maybe you could use a table on another worksheet and a helper cell that would
contain an =vlookup() formula.

=if(a1="","",vlookup(a1,sheet2!a:b,2,false))

You may want to read Debra Dalgleish's notes:

--

Dave Peterson
0

In the same cell?

You would need to use Autocorrect or event code.

In another cell use this   =LOOKUP(A1,{"A","B","C","D","E"},{10,30,40,50,60})

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 09:16:02 -0800, "Linds" <Linds@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Is there a way to have a monetary vaue appear when a letter is typed into a
>cell?
0
Gord

Question about numbers lined up against dates
Hey all, Lets see if I can explain this one..... In Column "A" I have a series pf part number- IE 123, 442, ER45 and a whole load of others. In Column "B" I have a price against each part number IE �45.00, �6.70 and others In column "C" I have delivery dates against each part. IE - 2/3/06, 3/6/08 and lots of others. Part number 123 may be required 2/3/06 and 28/3/06 and also 6/6/08 and is �45 each What I am looking for is a formula that shows part number 123 totals monthly amounts. So part number 123 will show 2 required in March 06 at a value of �90 ...

Number of active cases
Hi, I would like to have an IFrame or field that indicates to the user how many active cases there are on a certain contact. Could someone help me with code for this? ex: "3 open cases!" /Thanks, Lotten you can make a field on contact which hold the number of active cases. You can make plugin to add and decrement the number. /Aamir Hi Lotten, you could do this in a variety of ways: The simplest, but maybe least reliable, is to use Workflow - have a couple of Workflow Rules which increment or decrement the Owning Contacts number of Cases whenever a new Case is added or an...

Integrate Paycodes, benefit codes and deduction codes
Has anyone used integration manager to update new pay rates, deduction amounts and benefit amounts for employees? At the beginning of each year, our company gives pay increases and we need to update the pay codes, deduction codes and benefit codes for 40 employees, which we get the information from a spreadsheet. I thought that maybe I could use integration manager to update the pay, benefit and deduction codes instead of going into each employee's card, which is time consuming. Thanks, Laura Integration Manager will allow you to do this. Use the Payroll Master Destination. one ...

Business Card Numbering
Is there any way I can get publisher to auto number business cards on a single sheet from say 1 - 10, then 11 - 20, and so on? There is full information here: http://www.users.bigpond.com/auslandline/publisher/ If you need any further assistance don't hesitate to post back here. -- Yes, but not if you start with the Business Card wizard. Here's a technique which will allow anyone to number any size document. First, create a list of numbers in a format that Publisher can merge from. Publisher can handle most database formats, including text lists, but the easiest way is probabl...

Format a cell with numbers and user defined text
I want to format a cell that will take user defined numbers and text in the following format: 12345678-A Another example would be: 23454368-X The numbers, dash, and text refer to Medicaid identification numbers and I want to be able to have a constant format when these values are entered. ...

convert numbers to words
Hi all, simple question, how to convert number to words. ex. $ 10,000 ==> ten thousand dollars thanks hi see this site.... http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=213360 and this site.... http://www.sulprobil.com/html/spellnumber.html and this site.... http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/ValueToWords.htm yeah....it can get complicated. good luck. regard FSt1 "reza" wrote: > Hi all, > > simple question, how to convert number to words. > ex. $ 10,000 ==> ten thousand dollars > > thanks FSt1... Thanks "FSt1" wrote: > h...

zip codes don't merge #2
I am trying to mail merge w/ Word 2000 the names and addresses in my worksheet. When I get to the part to choose the format for the mailing labels, I choose F1, F2, etc. to F6 (which is the zip code column). A few do get there, but the vast majority stop at the state, leaving off the entire zip code. I have gone to menu/format and selected text in the number tab. I have gone to format/cells and chosen special/zip code in the number tab. I've read Excel for Dummies. Please help me. TIA bb ...

concatenating two vendor codes
My company recently changed the vendor codes and now I end up with two separate sets of data for each vendor. Obviously I could just leave the vendor code field out. I don't want to do that so what I need to do is concatenate the two codes. Example Vendor Code Vendor Name 123 Joe's Supplies ABC Joe's Supplies what I need is this Vendor Code Vendor Name 123/ABC Joe's Supplies any ideas? Rather than create a new record for each vendor, add another field to the table -- call it NewVendorCode -- and put th...

Formatting UK National Insurance Numbers
I want to be able to type in UK NI numbers as say EG123456XZ and have them formatted in a cell so that they appear as EG 12 34 56 XZ Can anyone help with a simple formatting to do this? The XZ makes the *number* text and you cannot format text like you can numbers. You could have an event macro run and change the cell entry. Right-click on the sheet tab and enter this code in the Sheet Module: Option Explicit Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) Dim x As Integer Dim NewValue As String If Intersect(Target, Range("D:D")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub ...

Can MS EXCEL remove duplicates and separate by color coded items ?
Can MS EXCEL remove duplicates and separate by color coded items ? I am NOT technical and have just started using MS EXCEL. Can anyone PLEASE HELP me: 1. How can I automatically remove duplicates using EXCEL ? ie the same info input more than once on different lines. Can EXCEL do this ? 2, I have color coded the text in the certain lines in terms of priority. can Excel rearrange the data by color ? If yes, How do I do it ? I think I have EXCEL '97 Thanks for your help in advance. Hi 1. You can extract the unique items to a new list using menu Data > Filter > Advanced fil...

Triple columns with line numbers
Hello all, I would like to have a document where I have three columns. One would have line numbers in increments of 25, the second would have Old English, and the third would have the modern translation. I've tried doing this with tables as suggested, but Word will not give me line numbers in the table. Any suggestions? With 4000 lines I really don't want to type them all! Thanks kindly. Perhaps you could create the three columns in Excel first. In the column with numbers (A1) put "1" in the first row and a formula in the second row of the column setting the...

16 bit code
Hello, I have a 16 bit code to maintain. (It is too complex to copile it to 32 bit) so all we are doing is support. Now they want to add a small feature, where I need to copy long file names in the project. I know we can not do long file name copies in vc++ (1.52). So I wrote a program in VC++(6.0) which does directory copy. My questions are 1. How can I call a 32 bit exe (I guess WinExec should work)? 2. How can I make the 16 bit to wait till the 32 bit code completes? 3. Is there any other better way to do this? (other than converting to 32 bit) Thanks. I actually do this in an old 16-bi...

Maximum Number of Cell Formats
My company uses very large spreadsheets to confrom to goverment requirements. Recently we have run into a Warning message when we try to insert a new column. It says we've used up all the cell formats, so we can't add any new cells. The Microsoft documentation seems to indicate that the maximum number of cell formats is 4000. I guess we're hitting that limit and Excel won't let us enter anymore data. How do I increase the max number of cell formats? How do I find out how many I've used already? How do I delete ones I'm not using (Excel seems to "hang on&quo...

area codes is auto filling my own 9 digit ph# vs just area code
When I enter a phone number for a contact it autofills with my personal area code and phone number instead of just the area code. How to I change this to just autofil the area code? I am using Outlook 2007 on an ACER laptop. Make sure you have your area code entered correctly in "Dialing Properties". "Computer Dummy" wrote: > When I enter a phone number for a contact it autofills with my personal area > code and phone number instead of just the area code. How to I change this to > just autofil the area code? I am using Outlook 2007 on an ACER ...

VBA Code for Pasting Sheets
I would like a spreadhseet that pastes the contents of one sheet into another sheet. I like like to do this for 7 different sheets For example: I would like paste the contents form sheet titled "sheet1" into a sheet titled "data1". Continue to process for pasting "sheet2" into "data2" and "sheet3" into "data3" all way until "sheet7" and "data7". thanks, Curt Subject: Automated Copy Paste Subject: Copy/Paste Import/Export Data VBA Code On Apr 27, 10:49=A0am, Curt <C...@discussions.mi...

Add vendor order number to purchase order
When we send a purchase order to a vendor, that vendor assigns their own internal sales order number to our purchase order. I need to be able to put that number somewhere in GP that will allow me to locate one of our purchase orders based on the supplier's order number. There are some fields on the Vendor detail window by clicking the arrow button by the vendor id. You might be able to use one of those fields. Otherwise, Extender is the way to go. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Mike Davis" wrote: > When we send a purchase order to a vendor, that vendor assigns their own &...

MC/VISA joint code
Isn't there any way to combine the blocks (4* & 5*) for MC/VISA credit cards? It's a pain to have them separate because my bank posts them together. It is the same company afterall. It would save me a lot of time adding separate entries together to reconcile the statement! I do not know of a way to do what you are asking, but I have found that using the # symbol as follows works better than using the * symbol: 4############### 5############### If you use the * symbol it is a wild card with no determined length. The # symbol requires that the characters after the first d...

Money 2004 - Experian Offer
I just loaded Money 2004 Deluxe and converted my 2003 files with no problem. I decided to give the free year of credit monitoring from Experian a try but after filling everything out I get an error that the provided code has expired. I neither had nor provided any code for this offer, I only used the link from Money 2004. Now Experian was more than willing to set up a $79 account if I wanted to proceed. Any solution out there? I have the same problem... I am looking for a FREE way to contact Microsoft about this problem. >-----Original Message----- >I just loaded Money 2004 ...

Page Numbers in Booklet
Just finished putting together a 40 booklet. Added page numbers in the footer. Publisher places them below the printable area of the page. How can I move the footers without having to move all 40 footers manually? Thanks I doubt you can. Would only be a five minute job at most to move them manually. -- The US should free all those illegally held prisoners they are torturing, abusing and denying human rights being held at Guantanamo Bay. Hi JEM (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com) in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Just finished putting together a 40 booklet. Added page |...

Analytical Accounting
Hi, One of my Client's is considering to go down AA path with approx 300,000 AA dimension codes. I would like to hear whether such data set is manageable from Query wizard etc. appreciate your thoughts. Good Morning PR, I found that the issue isn't the number of AA Trx Dim Codes it is the size of the AAG30000 and AAG40000 tables the more entries the longer it takes to product the report. I had one client that started having a cached SSRS report with AA information as a management level report and a different SSRS report with a more restrictive dataset for reporting ...

Continuous page numbers in workbook of multiple worksheets
I would like the page numbers to start with 1 on the first worksheet in a workbook and then have the next worksheet pick up with where the first worksheet left off. For example, if the first worksheet has 2 pages and the second worksheet in the workbook had 3 pages, then the first worksheet would contain pages 1 and 2 while the 2nd worksheet would contain pages 3, 4, and 5. Is there a way to have Excel figure out what the first page number should be in the 2nd worksheet or do I always have to manually update it in Page setup. THANKS! Hi Val Select all sheets first (right click on a...

Change code with code?
Hi All..... I've got 31 Excel .xlsm files to modify the "Change Event" macro in. Is it possible to open and perform this with code, or must I do each one by hand? TIA Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 If it is the same change in each sheet, it would probably be just as easy to go into the VBE, double click on the first sheet, make the correction, then copy that correction and double click the second sheet, delete and paste. Repeat the process 30 times. Takes less time than writing the code to do it. "CLR" <CLR@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Cells won't convert to number format, even after format/cells/num.
In excel, I tried to convert numbers to number format, using format/cells/number from the category list. But it won't take, and stays text-like. Any ideas? If it turns out that you have spaces (or those non-breaking spaces), David McRitchie has some code that will help clean this junk up: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/join.htm#trimall (look for "Sub Trimall()") But after you format the cell as general, try selecting the cell, then hit F2, then enter. You have to make a change to the cell for the value to change from text to number. scottr wrote: > > In excel,...

Access 2003
I have a form that goes to a subform for searching. It works perfectly on my computer; however, when another user opens it and attempts to perform a search, they receive the Error Code 2455 message. When I debug, it gets stuck on "Me.book_subform.Form.Filter = strWhereSearch" and says that book_subform cannot be found. It isn't a rights issue, it isn't a mapping issue. What am I missing? check your naming. This is an issue that often confused. In this syntax: Me.book_subform.Form.Filter > = strWhereSearch book_subform is the name of the subform control on the main ...

inserting a number of rows with formula's
I want to make the following procedure automatically by just entering a number (X) in a cell: - inserting a number (X) of rows between a range - select the two rows above, which have formula’s and numbers - ‘pulling down’ those two rows over the number of inserted rows (X) to give them the same formula’s and (following) numbers If I change the number, the inserted rows must be removed or added. Can this be done? The following has most of what you want Insert Rows and Maintain Formulas http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/insrtrow.htm You could use a negative number for deletion a...