Clipboard #2

Anyone know how I might empty my clipboard in Excel 97?

Thanks,
Matt
0
anonymous (74721)

In VBA its
Application.CutCopyMode = False

Matt wrote:

> Anyone know how I might empty my clipboard in Excel 97?
>
> Thanks,
> Matt
0
No6831 (9)

Slow printing #2
Hi I am using a macro in Excel 97 to move fields from a record to a print template on a second sheet and then print it using the 'ActiveSheet.PrintOut' function. The macro loops through 100 records, scheduling the reports but takes forever to print them. There was a post some time ago with a similar problem and the suggestion was to disable the refresh screen or something like that. Any suggestions please. Charles ...

How do I access clipboard?
I just got a message telling me I have a lot of data on my clipboard - what is the clipboard and how do I access it? The clipboard is the area of memory that Windows sticks something you have copied (usually to paste elsewhere). When you close Word or the document, it asks if you have finished with the stuff on the clipboard before it clears it out. Unless you intend to copy something to paste into another application and you are closing Word before pasting into the other application, it is safe to dump it. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "dukester" <dukester@d...

#DIV/0! #2
Is there a way to specify in an IF statement to do something if the conditional statement returns a div/0 error. For example: =IF(A1/A2=#DIV/0!,"You Must Enter a Positive Value",A1/A2) Thanks for any help Oops, I just read the post on the "trailing space / format question" that was pretty dumb of me not to think of the ISERROR function. "Brandt" wrote: > Is there a way to specify in an IF statement to do something if the > conditional statement returns a div/0 error. > > For example: =IF(A1/A2=#DIV/0!,"You Must Enter a Positive Value...

Exporting to Excel #2
Is it possible to Export an sales document to Excel or Word? Kim - Here are a couple of options: A. While on a sales transaction entry document, set up quick print and quick print the sales document to screen. Next mail the .pdf to yourself B. Launch smartlist click on sales transaction folder and run the smart list that suits your needs. Click on the excel icon/word icon on the toolbar to export. Warning! this is a significant resource hog. "Kim" wrote: > Is it possible to Export an sales document to Excel or Word? On Feb 20, 9:46 am, Kim <K...@discussions.microsof...

BillPay #2
When will Money start using the the free MyCheckFree.com? This a free service now. What gives. Boo Microsoft. I may need to switch. Yikes! So why am I socked with a $5.95 monthly fee? Just because I use it within the Money program? I don't use my bank so not sure why I get the fee. Thanks! "Bogee" <Bogee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C06B9868-442D-4841-98D3-0C85524F86ED@microsoft.com... > When will Money start using the the free MyCheckFree.com? This a free > service > now. What gives. > > Boo Microsoft. I may need to switch. ...

Unable to open Microsoft Outlook #2
I don't know what I did, but I can no longer open Microsoft Outlook. The error message I get is Unable to open your default e-mail folders. File access is denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst It's driving me nuts. I removed the program from my computer and reinstalled it, no luck. My calendar and contacts are what I use and really need them. Please Help. Thank you, Dean On Wed, 3 Oct 2007 23:01:21 -0600, "Aarestad Law Office" ...

RMS Version 1.2 DB question
How big can this database get ? 1) As big as your Hard drive is. 2) 2 gig Please Reply The limitation is imposed by the version of MS SQL server that you're running,not by the RMS version. MSDE (The version that shipped on the CDs through 1.3) is limited to 2GB Database size. MS SQL Server 2005 Express Edition (Ships with RMS 2.0 and is compatible with 1.3R1) allows up to 4GB Database The 'full' versions of SQL Server 2000 and 2005 are limited only by hardware. The most likely case based on version 1.2 is that you are limited to 2GB because MSDE is part of the default in...

inbox problems #2
My inbox says I have 3 new messages. I don't.. Its lying. So how do I correct this.. Its not a major problem but distracting. Computers are supposed to be always right.... As a sidelight to this. I deleted the Unread messages, thingy in the favorite folder place. I thought I would bring that back and see if there were some messages that were bad. I read the help file and it says to just click on any file you want to add to the favorite folder. But its gone.. totally and completely there is no Unread Message line to click on.. What's a person to do? See my reply to your late...

Printing #2
I understand that NLQ printing is default in windows. Is there any way one can get a quick draft print of excel reports on a dot matrix printer by changing the printer driver or fonts for instance? Thank you. Hiren, I'm not sure about this setting, but try "Draft quality" in File - Page setup - Sheet. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net President Bush on sovereignty: http://www.tastefullystated.com/sovereignty.wmv ------------------------------------------- "Hiren Shah" <hiren_shah50@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:054901c4961...

Clipboard
Hi, I am writing a program that uses a lot of color definitions, so I have built another "color-picker" program where you can click on a color and its RGB values will be known. This all works fine, although I want the text for the RGB macro to be copied to the clipboard when I click on a color, e.g. "RGB(192, 192, 192)" should be placed on the clipboard when I click on the gray area of the window so I can then paste it. I have got a CString to hold this value, however I can't get it into the clipboard. Whatever combination of the memory mapping functions I try ...

CRM 1.2 Timezone
Did something change in a 1.2 hotfix regarding how dates get stored? Everything is in the Central Time Zone (-5 DST). I create a new opportunity at 1:30p this afternoon and it's createdon = 5/4/2006 13:30 (expected 18:30 UTC). In a custom date field, a select 5/4/2006 and it gets saved as 5/4/2006 0:00 (expected 5:00 UTC). I change my user to the Pacific Time Zone (-7 DST) and repeat the test. createdon = 5/4/2006 13:40 (expected 18:40 UTC) and the custom date field = 2:00 (expected 7:00). I have researched this in the past and always saw (I think) these dates getting saved as ...

MSCRMExRouterService #2
Hi, I have a exchange cluster. I Installed Exchange Router Component in one of the Exchange Server and the Following Error comes in the Event Viewer. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSCRMExRouterService Event Category: None Event ID: 0 Date: 2/15/2006 Time: 9:21:47 PM User: N/A Computer: EXCL01-WTC Description: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ExchangeConnectorService.ExchangeSinkServiceException: Connection to mailbox: CRM-EFL failed (System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8007053D): The server is currently disabled. at ADODB.ConnectionClass.Open(String ConnectionString, String UserI...

column labels #2
My column labels start apearing as numbers instead of letters A, B, C... I want letters back as formulae are easier to read with A,B,C rather than R[-2] etc In XL 20003 (an before): Tools / Options / General tab / uncheck first item "R1C1 reference style" In XL 2007: Office / Excel options / Formulas tab / Working with Formulas (second group), uncheck first item "R1C1 reference style" best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Djolexyz" <Djolexyz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Counting Checkboxes #2
I have a spreadsheet which has a column with check box controls in each row. I need to count the number of "checked" boxes (true) for a given range. Can someone assist with a formula to accomplish this? Thanks Jeff, From advice given by John McGimpsey previously, assuming forms checkb oxes '--------------------------------------------- In the Control pane, select a cell (in an out-of-the-way location, say Z1) in the Cell link refedit box. Do the same for the next checkbox, using, say cell Z2. Your count of checked boxes is then =COUNTIF(Z:Z,TRUE) Unchecked boxes: ...

Exchange 2007 beta 2 UM
Does anyone know of any softphones that can connect to UM on exchange 2007? On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 08:10:13 -0400, Jerry Rasmussen <jrasmussen@threewill.com> wrote: >Does anyone know of any softphones that can connect to UM on exchange 2007? The only one supported so far (as I am given to understand) is the testphone. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/E2k7Help/2fef8d9f-abcc-4a07-994c-f93e7fec6867.mspx?mfr=true First half the files it wants are not where they say they are. Secondly, thats not even the name of the umsipphone.exe I thinks its exchangetestphone.exe ...

Lost Folders #2
My PC crashed a couple of hours ago and when I started back up and went into Outlook Express all of my folders and emaiuls have gone. I had dozens of folders, one for each client etc. All of the message rules are still there and all of the email in the sent box. Is there any way of recovering the folders? ...

2 X 2 Splitter Windows
What is wrong with the following code? I am trying to create a 2 X 2 splitter window. It should look like this. CMyTreeView | CMyListView __________________|___________________ | CPictureView | CDetailView It compiles correctly but when I run it I get an error in the WinSplit routine of MFC. if(!m_wndSplitterWnd1.CreateStatic(this,1,2)) return FALSE; if(!m_wndSplitterWnd1.CreateView(0,0, RUNTIME_CLASS(CMyTreeView), CSize(0,0), pContext)) return FALSE; if(!m_wndSplitterWnd2.CreateStatic(&m_wn...

Error Message: Cannot Empty the Clipboard
In Excel 2003, when I copy cells, I receive an error message that says "Cannot Empty the Clipboard" and am unable to paste the cells into any other application (e.g. Word). The clipboard appears to remain empty, though I am able to paste the contents of the copies to a different location in the same worksheet. Any thoughts on what the problem is or how to fix it? ...

Outlook 2007 rules #2
Hi All, I'm looking for a way to display "Desktop Alerts" for all the emails the I get BUT the email that are sent to a group that I'm part of, I something opposed to"when xxxx in the recipient's address'. Regards Use an Exception in a rule. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT....

FRX 6.5 #2
I am doing a server migration to a new server. I have everything installed and working. Problem: Before I update FRX the numbers are correct for the cash flow report. When I service pack the FRX the numbers do not add up. I have tried 184 and 199 builds Anyone had this issue? ...

Data Validation with colour #2
Is it possible to have Data validation for a list of values but add colour to a selection of them? At the moment they change back to the default colour? May be an IF Command Like IF = 6 THEN RED --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ I'm not exactly sure what your question is, but you might be able to use Conditional Formatting from the Format menu to accomplish what you want. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "ianripping >" <<ianripping.100xpa@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in mess...

Sorting Help #2
Thanks a bunch, that worked fine. -- bingomck ------------------------------------------------------------------------ bingomck's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16289 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=276894 ...

Date format problem #2
I have several workbooks with date-formatted cells that work properly. I just created a new one, however, that will not display properly. I have tried several "date" settings and also the "custom, d-mmm-yy" setting, yet information placed in the cells come up as a date in "Jan 1900" or as "###########" with the message that negative dates aren't allowed. I have tried to use "format painter" from the sheets that work properly but to no avail. What am I missing? Thanks in advance. If the value in the cell is negative, then ...

application #2
My application runs 2 to 3 times faster after I close and reopen the application again. Any idea why this is happening... Does this have any relation with improper release of dlls? Regards, Chris Chris L wrote: > My application runs 2 to 3 times faster after I close and reopen the > application again. Any idea why this is happening... Does this have any > relation with improper release of dlls? Plenty of things could go wrong, but it all boils down to one: there's a bug in your application. It shouldn't have to have anything with dll releases, because then there woul...

Auto Answering and Clearing the Clipboard
I am copying data from one sheet, closing it, pasting it to another, then opening a new sheet, copying data, and pasting it again to the other sheet...this goes on 21 times so that 21 pastes are pasted to one spreadsheet from 21 different files. Everytime I run the macro that does this I get a message that asks if I want to save it to the clipboard, I naturally have to answer yes... Is there a way, within the macro, that the answer can be done automatically, and also is there a way to clear out the clipboard for memory purposes all in VBA? Thanks! Application.DisplayAlerts = False ...