Circular References #2

I have an error that tells me I have a circular reference
and that it cannot tell me where the circular reference
is.  I checked my worksheets and the linked workbooks, I
can't find it.  Does anyone know where or why this error
is occurring.

Thanks
Chris

I don't know if this will help or not, but Excel XP does have a circular
reference toolbar.  Select View, Toolbars, circular reference.  If you don't
see the toolbar, seelct View, Toolbars, Customize, Circular Reference.  My
experience with circular references has been that usually the cell in which
you want to put the calculation results is also contained in the
calculation.

Judy Freed

"Chris Kroening" <chris.kroening@footlocker.com> wrote in message
> I have an error that tells me I have a circular reference
> and that it cannot tell me where the circular reference
> is.  I checked my worksheets and the linked workbooks, I
> can't find it.  Does anyone know where or why this error
> is occurring.
>
> Thanks
> Chris

0
jtfreed (39)

Removing reference to CRM
I have a small application that does not expose crm functionality but uses the framework. I would like to change the title bar in IE to not display - Microsoft CRM 3.0 in the title bar. Does anyone know if this is possible. I want to hide the fact that I am using CRM in the initial stages of a presentation. You can change the title in the loader.aspx file, which is loacated in c:\inetpub\wwwroot by default. Find the following line: <title><loc:Text ResourceId="Web.default.aspx_16" runat="server"/></title> and replace it with <title>Your...

Recording Macros #2
Hello I have recorded a macro to automatically import a file and then run a number of filters through it and to display the results in a separate worksheet. I do not have any Visual Basic knowledge, so am just using the "record macro" function. So far so good, but now I've run into a problem. How do I edit my macro so that it can automatically replace the contents of cells in a particular column in as many rows as are required? EXAMPLE: Let's say the macro runs a custom filter in Column X to show all the rows which have a value of "A" in that column. Now, what ...

Public Folder Notification #2
Is there a way to have a message sent to a user/group about a new message in a Public Folder? Robert On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 08:04:18 -0500, "Robert Craig" <craigrobert@aagroup1.com> wrote: >Is there a way to have a message sent to a user/group about a new message in >a Public Folder? > >Robert > Script something or there used to be soemthing called pfalert, not sure if it works with E200x. You could also use the folder assistant on the folder in Outlook to create a rule that forwards. ...

Dropdown buttons #2
Hi guys, I want a toolbar button, which upon being clicked should drop down a number of buttons and when I click on one of these buttons, the original toolbar button's image should change to the new button's image. How can I manage this? For example look below :- when |_o_| <-- this button is clicked it should show this dropdown list of buttons |_o_| |_a_| |_b_| and if say third button(with 'b' on it) is clicked the button should finally look like this --> |_b_| Show me some way, I'll so appreciate any he...

Outlook Hang #2
Outlook crashes utilizing %100 of the CPU usage. Hi Ayaz, please give us more information about that fault. -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "Ayaz Mallick" <mallickayaz@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:2c25a01c469bb$69dedab0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Outlook crashes utilizing %100 of the CPU usage. > that is pretty normal. Google for it. No cure. "Ayaz Mallick" <mallickayaz@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:2c25a01c469bb$69dedab0$a...

Referring to controls
Thank you How can I refer to (subform) from (subform) on the main form? How can I refer to (subform) from (masterform)? How can I refer to control on (master form) from (subform)? "a" <A@a.com> wrote in message news:OxYjnMZSIHA.5016@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Thank you > > How can I refer to (subform) from (subform) on the main form? Me.Parent!OtherSubformName.Form > > How can I refer to (subform) from (masterform)? Me!SubFormName.Form > > How can I refer to control on (master form) from (subform)? Me.Parent!ControlName On Dec 28, 12:49 pm, &qu...

Outlook 2003, change Exchange profile without loosing PSTs configuration #2
Hi, My company choose to consolidate our exchange servers, In my branch office, i need to reconfigure My outlook 2003 users in this manner : Old config : Echange in my domain, with my username as mailbox With or Without PST(s) New one : Exchange in another domain, without any trust User is not my username but X00456 Need same PST(s) (i know that my users need to do a second authentication) when i use a PRF with OverwriteProfile=Append, it don't work ( the old exchange mailbox is open, nothing seems to be changed) Tested on different computers [General] Custom=1 DefaultProfile=Yes O...

Indenting Bullets #2
Hi, I would like to indent the actual bullets in a Publisher text box, but I can't figure out how. It only allows me to indent the text that follows the bullet, but the bullet stays put. Thank you. Select the text box, select your bulleted list, on the ruler, slide the guides to where you want the indents. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "The Word Source" <The Word Source@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C1556385-91...

Requsition Management #2
Requisition Management needs to support multicurrency ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=6333d190-4396-4b8e-b277-8c523a673ca2&dg=microsoft.public.greatplain...

Lost CD #2
I lost the 2004 Standard CD and have to re-install the program on my computer. Can I retrieve the product code from the registry? If I download the Deluxe version from the Money web site will that product code work? If not, is there another URL for the Standard version? Hi Eric In HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Money\12.0\Registration is the product ID, although I don't think you can use it to reinstall. If you have lost the disk, then you might be able to get a new disk shipped (and you might need the product ID) See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=326246 --...

Circular Logging #5
I have a Exchange 2000 server with circular logging turned ON. If I do a nightly FULL backup then circular logging being ON should not really matter, right? We do not do incremental or differentail backups. thanks Well, consider the following. You backup at midnight. Your server fails at 2pm and you lose your database drive. With circular logging on, you can only recover your system back to the state it was in at midnight, i.e. you lose emails from midnight to 2pm. Best practice is to ensure circular logging is off. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips...

Title Reference
I am aware how to direct the title of an individual set of data but i want to know how to link the title in an Excel chart to a cell. Any ideas? -- chalky ------------------------------------------------------------------------ chalky's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23758 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=541475 Try this, http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip001.htm Cheers Andy chalky wrote: > I am aware how to direct the title of an individual set of data but i > want to know how to link the title in an...

Circular text
How do I create circular text? ...

cursor reference
I want to know if this is possible? If I have text in column A can I scroll down the text and in let's say in cell B1 it shows the text of where my cursor is? So if my cursor is on cell A5 B1 shows the text in A5 if I scroll down and stop on A15 cell B1 shows the text in A15. Tried searching but couldn't find anything. TIA Very difficult if you mean a mouse hover (like viewing a comment). Easy if you mean clicking on a cell or using the arrow keys to navigate up & down. Put the following event macro in the worksheet code area: Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target...

Remote connection #2
Totally new to GP & my office just start using Dynamic GP & i need to access same but my challange is how i will connect to GP from my office to our Head Office. I'm independent sale rep but i work from my home & to gain access of GP i like to know what will be best way to for connection? use terminal serives, VPN or ??? - Need help to use gp from remote location. i will be need to use atlesat 3-4 people connection from remote? Wait for response The only remote connection to GP that is supported by Microsoft is via Terminal Services or Citrix. -- Victoria Yudin Dynam...

Referring a cell
Hi, 1) I would like to know how can I get "='M:\Payroll\Expenses Report\[NON- GATE REPORT APR 2010.working.xls]APR 10'!$G$38 on a worksheet when referring the date on G38 of the file "NON-GATE REPORT APR 2010.working.xls". I can only get something like "='[Movement.0410.xls]Reconciliation HKAHQ'!$E$60" and need to open the data file for referring to the cell data to paste on the destination worksheet. 2) On sheet 2, if I want to type "= and point to a cell on sheet 1, the link will be like "=Sheet1!A1" can I make the ...

naming series with combination of cell references
Hi, I would be very grateful for help with the following: I have cells with parameters for a function I am plotting with a different series for each combination of parameters. The parameter name and corresponding value are in different cells as follows Col1 Col2 Row1 a 10 Row2 b 20 I would like the series to be named according to a combination of the parameter name and value as follows: a=10, b=20 I would like this series name to update if either the parameter name or value is changed. How do I include a cell reference in the series name with a combination of text? =Row1...

NDR for invalid email address #2
I have a user who accidentally sent a message to a fax number from Outlook. Now he gets a NDR The e-mail system was unable to deliver the message, but did not report a specific reason. Check the address and try again. If it still fails, contact your system administrator. I have looked everywhere to eliminate the message so he will stop getting the NDR but can’t find it. I have Exchange 2003 with an Exchange 5.5 as a connector to the internet. Can someone shed some light on this? Thanks Unless there is something funky going on, Exchange only tries to deliver a message once. ...

How do I retain my OE folders and email history for future reference?
I have a ton of saved emails in OE. They are so valuable to me that when I bought a new computer, I bought one that had XP. I want to retain my historical emails that I copy them to a flash drive and then copy them to the proper Identity file on my new computer. I am really worried that I am going to lose that history when I can no longer use OE in the future. I also have 3 different accounts on OE (Road Runner, Hotmail, and Gmail) that allows me to get mail from all three with one click on Send/Receive. Why, oh why, does Microsoft continue to change something that doesn'...

Totalling by referring to 2 date ranges #2
I have a spreadsheet that has 2 columns of date ranges. I want to refer to the first column and count how many entries meet a specific date range criteria. If there is no entry in the first column, I want to refer to column 2 to see if the range matches. Can somebody help???? Thanks Try: =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100>=D1)*(A1:A100<=E1)+(A1:A100="")* (B1:B100>=D1)*(B1:B100<=E1)) where D1 = start date, E1 = end date. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I have a spreadsheet that has 2 columns of date ranges. >I want to refer to the first column and co...

Can I add and update a reference number
I would like to add column at the beginning (left most) of a sheet whic would serve as a reference number, i.e. 1, 2, 3, ..., n, to identify row. I don't want to use the Row and column headings check box under pag setup because that numbers from the very first row, and there are rows used for titles on every page. I would like this to automatically get updated if I insert a row an add data or if I add data after the current last row. Is there an option I can use or a function I can create? Thank you, Pete -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com It depends on exactly what you ...

How do I sum a range after 2 different conditions are met (2 colu.
I would like to sum a range if column A = x and column B = y then sum those numbers in range C that meet the criteria. Is this possible? SumIf only allows for one range and criteria, how can I get around this? Try =SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A500="x"),--(B2:B500="y"),C2:C500) Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Holly B." wrote: > I would like to sum a range if column A = x and column B = y then sum those > numbers in range C that meet the criteria. Is this possible? SumIf only > allows for one range and criteria, how can I get around this? try =sumproduct((rnga...

sharing #2
is it possable to share outlook dara files over a local network? Five of us recently signed up with a company that offers Exchange Server over the Internet for $10/person in order to use group features of Outlook. You can use the Outlook client on your PC if you have a broadband connection or a browser based application if you don't, or you can use both. It works great to share contacts, tasks, calendars, etc. There are lots of companies that do this. Tom "colin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:149d601c3f96d$d1d2a3e0$a401280a@phx.gbl... &...

Web Query File Reference
Is there a Web Query File (.IQY) Format Reference anywhere? Thanks, - Vlad ...

Outlook 2000 setup #2
Hello all We are using Ghost at work to image laptops but once that is done we have to configure each laptop for each user. My question is... is there a way to configre it in either VB or some kind of Outlook wizard with out having to click on 10 different screens, i just want to save some time and use some kind of automation. Thanks John > My question is... is there a way to configre it in either VB or some kind of > Outlook wizard with out having to click on 10 different screens, i just want > to save some time and use some kind of automation. www.winrobots.de Juergen. &...