Chosen not to update links but they are updated anyway. How stop?

Using Excel 2003 but linked to spreadsheets created in 2000.  When asked if I
wanted to update links, I said 'no' because I wanted to take figures and
break links to some linked spreadsheets.  But then spreadsheet appears to
update anyway, replacing figures I can see (and want) and giving me 'Value'
errors instead.
0
Generis (1)

There's a section in Tool-Options-Edit that allows for universal
updating of links ("Ask to update automatic links). If this is
unchecked, that's probably why.

--
TylerDurden
TylerDurden's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=17638

I _want_ to be asked if I want to update and this is what it's doing.  But
when I say 'no' to update, it's doing it anyway.  Box you refer to is checked.

"TylerDurden" wrote:

> There's a section in Tool-Options-Edit that allows for universal
> updating of links ("Ask to update automatic links). If this is
> unchecked, that's probably why.
>

> --
> TylerDurden
> TylerDurden's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=17638
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=490796

Validation list that removes chosen values
I am trying to create a validation list using a name range. The idea is to only allow each of the values in the range to only be chosen once. For example this validation would be applied to cells A1:A10. There would be 10 values in the named range, and each time one of the values was chosen it would not be available in the other cells - each cell would have a mutually exclusive value. Any help would be much appreciated. Select data validation, Settings, Allow, List. Then select the range that has your list of allowed values Tyro <gregory.blanch@gmail.com> wrote in message news:35ac4...

Before Update
I'm trying to add a pop-up comment when the user enters a certain number in the text box. The code below I added to the text box but it does nothing. Any suggestions. Private Sub MEMBERNO_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) If Me.MEMBERNO = "H23917176" Then MsgBox "** Please contact the fraud dept. **" Exit Sub End If End Sub You need to put it in the after update event instead because in the before update, the value is not in the box yet. "Dan @BCBS" wrote: > I'm trying to add a pop-up comment when the user enters a certain numbe...

Only What is Chosen
Hello, I am using MS-Access 2003. I have created (copied) a process, that allows me to choose the User I want. The Combo Box, allows me to type the letters of the last name of the User whose data I work with. The Combo Box gives a listing of ALL of the 1st letter of the last name of the User. Ex: S, displays S-Sz, then every letter after S. I just want to see S-Sz, or C-Cz. Can someone point me to some examples??? I have included my code below: Private Sub Combo90_AfterUpdate() ' Find the record that matches the control. Dim rs As Obje...

Replication of Excel formulas [automatic cell update feature]
The automatic update of cell references while auto-filling an Excel formula is undoubtedly an excellent feature, that I have used many times over. However, I now have a need to disable it. Can someone suggest a good way to do that? Let me explain with an example: Here's my formula for row-2: =IF(C2="INR", VLOOKUP(A2,'Forex History'!A2:'Forex History'!B14, 2, TRUE)*D2, VLOOKUP(A2,'Forex History'!A15:'Forex History'!B21, 2, TRUE)*D2) For row-3, I would like the formula to be: =IF(C3="INR", VLOOKUP(A3,'Forex History'!A2:'For...

Updating data in MS CRM from other places
Hi all We use relationships extensively but find that when using Advanced Find we can't define the joins necessary to create the set of Contacts required for a marketing list. (I think it would be good if I could save an Advanced Find, and then be able to use that within another Advanced Find - like a sub-query - but that's another matter). Anyway, as a quick solution, I have used queries in MS Access to identify the list of Contacts required. I have customised, adding a new field to the Contact table, and want to be able to set this field from in MS Access on those Contact ro...

Updates
Hi and thanks for viewing and any comments / suggestions you may make. I know there are threads relating to updates, but can any one expalin to me in plain english how to update my Microsft Dynamics RMS? I've tried all last night and when I try to login to the support centre not recognising my email and Microsoft don't make it easy to get the updates. I have eventually found a link from this forum to the request hotfixes and I run XP 32 bit and requested this hot fix SP4 Fix255196 Is this safe just in install or do I need to install updated before this one? If so how do i get my ...

Linking Multiple Charts
I'm trying to link a chart, or a page, from one excel spreadsheet to chart or page on another excel spreadsheet. I have multiple excel spreadsheets with many charts inside. Many o the same charts are in more than one spreadsheet. For example, if want to update the CPI chart I would like to be able to update it i one of the spread sheets and have all the CPI charts automaticall updated in the other spreadsheets, since they are identical charts -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Does anyone know if this is even possible -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Sales Invoice & Return link
Hi, Where i can find the link between the sales invoice nad sales return after applying return to an invoice using apply sales transaction document. thanks Hi Alaa, From the user interface you can go to Inquiry>>Sales>>Sales Documents and then put in, say, your return document number. Select the redisplay button and the document i question should be displayed in the scrolling window. Select the document and then zoom back on the document number. This will bring up the Sales Transaction Inquiry Zoom window. Click on the expansion button (the little blue arrow) to the ri...

Updating External Data
Please Help!!! I have a function (which produces a weighted average) in each of si workbooks. In each workbook the function draws on data from the othe 5 workbooks. In this way each workbook is connected to every othe workbook. Since each function draws on the same data, each averag should be the same but sometimes they are different. This has to d with the way the data is updated and the order in which the books ar opened. Is there any way to get this data to update automatically o as data in other workbooks is changed??? I've tried to go under th edit menu and update through the li...

Update this excel import
I've imported data from an excel ss that looks like this: Org A 5 Z 7 M 1 K Org B 5 N 3 L 1 K Org C 4 W So, a field with the org, that is only filled in on the first line but applies to the empty lines below it, then a number field (all filled), then a txt field (all filled). Any ideas how I can update the org into the empty fields or do any kind of update query to use the data assigned to that org? OTHER THAN CUT/PASTE? thanx It would be ...

Why update to SP3?
I'm sitting here eating a nice bagel and reading a Microsoft white paper which what's contained in SP3: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=68C48DAD-BC34-40BE-8D85-6BB4F56F5110&displaylang=en#QuickInfoContainer I've just gotten some bugs OUT of my desktop machine as of a day or two ago. It's running beautifully. I don't see anything in the white paper which applies to my computing situation. Desktop machine, not wireless, never will be. As close as I get to "networked" (other than the internetZ) is using some VPN software o...

This recordset is not updateable
I have a frontend database linked to a backend database on a central server. I have a form that has been working correctly for several months now and suddenly i cannot change anything and it says in the status bar at the lower left side of access "this recordset is not updateable". I have tried compacting and repairing the backend database and still no luck. The Front end Database is on 5 computers in the office and they all have this same issue. Can this be fixed? Joshua, Are you able to tell us please what is the Record Source of this troublesome form? If it's a q...

Update a note on a meeting but not send updates out to all attende
After a meeting request was created and sent to all our attendees, I want to add note to that meeting on my calendar but I don't want other attendees to get the note I am saving. If you are only adding to the note, no update should be sent. What version of Outlook? What addins do you have installed? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Excha...

After update Not update Text Field
I have created a subform based on a table. Within that table there is a product name field which retrives a list of product names and prices from the Products table. I to use the subform to enter product and then get it to automatically update the price field. I have read many entries about using after update to do this, but I just can not get it to work. I select the product in the drop down and nothing happens. I am pulling my hair out. The code I used was Me.Product_Price = Me.Product_Name.Column(2) Can any one help me John wrote: >I have created a subform based on a t...

Updating Links in PowerPoint 2007
I have pasted in links from Excel 2007 to a PowerPoint 2007 file. Both files are on same drive. When I open the PowerPoint I get a message "Some linked files were unavailable and can't be updated." What is going on? How do I fix? In article <8D3689EE-EA7C-407F-B757-45CEDAE78976@microsoft.com>, Txm49 wrote: > I have pasted in links from Excel 2007 to a PowerPoint 2007 file. Both files > are on same drive. When I open the PowerPoint I get a message "Some linked > files were unavailable and can't be updated." What is going on? How do...

updating OE Addressbook
we're using Outlook express as our email client, we've created a txt file (comma seperated value) conatining the additional email addresses. Is there a way to import the txt file and update each client's address book through network rather than going to each PC and import it manually.... pls. help tnx.... Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer G...

Update Query based on Current Recordset
I have a continuous form with filtered records. I want to run an update query on a field in a table based on the current filtered records on the form. What code would I use to accomplish this task? Any help appreciated in getting me started. NEWER USER, Without a wee bit more information, like what are you trying to update, field names, table names, do you want this attached to a button or an event, etc... The best I can do is... UPDATE SomeTable SET SomeTable.SomeField= WhateverValue WHERE (((SomeTable.SomeOtherFied)=WhateverValue)); Of course, the above would be an ...

Closing linked files in PPT 7
I am using Power Point 2007 and am creating a slide show for children that has different levels of expertise to appeal to different age groups, beginner, intermediate and advanced. This could be a very huge file, and I decided that it would be best create separate files, one for beginner, one for intermediate and one for advanced and link to those files. Within each level of expertise, there will be other files for games and testing the knowledge. I was planning to link those files as well. The problem that I am having is that when I link to another file, the first file rem...

Date Range for updates
I manually update my checking account; is there a way I can set it to retreive data for more than two months? How do I set the date range for updates? Typically it gets what the bank offers, if my understanding is correct. <skid0g@juno.com> wrote in message news:ibj3o15eaonbpl9jgdgntunprjeqp53obm@4ax.com... > I manually update my checking account; is there a way I can set it to > retreive data for more than two months? > > How do I set the date range for updates? ...

Online updates money 2006
When I started using online updates to my bank I started having problems with MSN.EXE it starts taking CPU and Memory at a medium rate after about an hour or so it will get as high as 91% of the CPU. Has anyone else run into this problem? When I close MSN a display will show pending updates for the online update to the bank and Email updates with options wait till updates complete (Which never happen) or close now without completing I now choose this one. It is updating the banks but never seems to recongize when updates are complete. -- Ted Cooper Ted, I have run into exactly thi...

Links not working in Excel 2007
I now have Excel 2007--formerly I used 2003. I have a workbook that is linked to many other workbooks. In 2003, when I opened the workbook it would ask if I wanted to update the links. When I checked Yes, it would go out and get the information and update each link. Now when I open the workbook, it doesn't ask if I want to update the links and it doesn't update them unless I open each workbook. Do I need to change a setting? CarolAn Try... Office button (upper left corner) >> Excel Options >> Advanced >> scroll down to the General section >&...

Applying Exchange Calendar Update Tool (KB930879)
OK I'm a bit confused here. In the documantation for the Exchange Calendar Update Tool (KB930879) it gives you a list of 5 scenarios in which you can apply changes. The first option is listed below. Option: Distribute the Outlook tool to each user, and then instruct users to update their own mailboxes. Pros: This option avoids the risks and limitations of running the Exchange tool. Cons: It is difficult to guarantee that all users will run the Outlook tool correctly and in a timely manner. Users who do not have Outlook will be unable to run the Outlook tool. An additional educational ef...

Some stocks do not update.
Hi, I have Microsoft Money Plus Premimu Version 17.0.125.1415 It has been registered and the license expires on 11/3/2009. Most of my stocks in the portfolio update automatically, but there are a handful that do not. The accounts are opened (have not been closed) and do have stocks available. This is a partial list of symbols that do not get updated: VWIGX NAESX DODGX Is there a patch I need to update or can anyone think of a reason why it is not updating? Thanks beforehand, -- Gustavo www.gustavogarcia.net In microsoft.public.money, Gustavo wrote: > >I have Microsoft Mon...

Update Pivot Table #2
Is there a way I can get my pivot tables to automatically update before I print the sheet containing them Thanks You can use the before print event You can record a macro when you refresh the tables, then copy and paste that code Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) 'your recorded refresh code End Sub It goes into ThisWorkbook (right click the excel icon next to the File menu and select view code -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Brandt" <bsaxey@pridehomesofutah.com> wrote in message news:A1DE0F32-AD26-45B7-AB3D-CC921DB6633A@microsoft.com... > Is there...

Update Query and Too Many Rows
I have 700 records I want to update. When I view the the data sheet view of the query, it looks correct, but when I actually run the query, I get a message that I am about to update 800 rows. Why is it going to update 100 more rows than I specified? On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 14:34:05 -0800, mwilsonh <mwilsonh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have 700 records I want to update. When I view the the data sheet view of >the query, it looks correct, but when I actually run the query, I get a >message that I am about to update 800 rows. Why is it going to update 100 ...