Checkbox question #2

can you "lock" a checkbox to its linked cell in regards to height, width,
and position?

In other words once placed, the checkbox would cover the cell, and if the
size or position of the cell is changed the size/position of the box would
alter with it.

if so:

what is the setting?

how would this need to be noted in VBA?
    For Each rCell In rng
        With SH.CheckBoxes.Add(rCell.Left + 4, _
                                        rCell.Top - 2, 0, 0)
            .Caption = ""
            .LinkedCell = rCell.Address(0, 0)
        End With

0
Adam

excel start up #2
i have a working rota spreadsheet with dates in the columns and rota info below, how do i get it to show todays date info at start up With this file open and visible in the main Excel window, right-click on the little Excel file icon to the left of the File menu (assumes you are using xl2003) and choose View Code. Paste the following into the code area of the VBE that will open up: Private Sub Workbook_Open() Dim lngRow As Long With Sheets("Sheet1") ' amend sheet name as appropriate lngRow = Application.Match(CLng(Date), .Range("A:A")) 'amend column as ap...

How do I print 2 page spreads from Booklet format in Publisher?
I have booklet layout with 8" x 8" pages printing on 11" x 17" paper. I don't know how to get it where I can view individual 2 page drafts. When I print currently, page 1 is with 44, page 2 is with 43, etc. I want to be able to print to view in draft form page 2-3, 3-4, 4-5, etc. This is for draft markup purposes only. I know I will print 2 sided in booklet form as stated previously when we are ready to mass produce. Bottom line is that we'd like to be able to print and view our book in "story board mode" (I just coined that) so we can see whe...

Money 2005 question #2
Hi, I have used MS Money 2005 for over a year with no problems. I don't use it for any of the more advanced features. I keep track of my credit cards, my checking account is about all that I do, I am on disability with a fixed income. But today I opened it and import a downloaded file, then I tried to write in the check register like I have always done, Money makes a beep (which it has never done before) and then stalls out. After a couple of minutes the blue bar at the top says "Not Responding". It does allow me to click on the red X, and then of course I get the window about ...

Using Exmerge #2
Hi there, I'm using Exmerge for the first time on an Exchange 2003 box. I was reading through the KB article 174197 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/174197/ and it says "Before you run this program, make sure that the Microsoft Outlook Client and the Microsoft Exchange Administrator program are installed on the computer that Exmerge.exe is being run on." then in the next paragraph it notes, "We recommend that you do not install Outlook on the Exchange server." So, before I go installing anything can someone please point me in the correct direction? Can I run exmerg...

2 y axis, bar and line graph question
I am plotting 2 series of data against time. One series needs to be a line and the other a bar. I got it pretty close with the 'custom types' (built in)-- 'line - column on 2 axis'. However, this will only let me have the primary y-axis as the bar graph. Is it possible to customize this further so that the primary y-axis is the line and the secondary y-axis is the bar graph? Thanks, please help. Kyle ...

Outlook unable to connect to the incoming server POP3(exchange2k3) #2
I am trying to connect outlook at my work to my exchange server at home. OWA works great and also sending emails through outlook works, but I can not retrieve emails from exchange using the outlook client. Here are some of the variables: Exchange Server at home: Firewall Sonicwall: Pop3 on port 110 opened Exchange was setup with default settings...in other words there have been no special configurations At work: I added a new email account Server Type: POP3 (I tried the exchange option through the control panel, but that did not work) My Incoming mail server: mail.myserver.com My outgoing ...

why is outlook trying to open an executable file in locate link brower? #2
"Kyle Harmon" <kharmon3@nycap.rr.com> wrote in message news:... > In my MS Outlook 2002, every time I click on an url with-in my e-mail > outlook trys to open an executable file in the "Locate link brower". And > this only happens when I do not have a browers open. Is there a fix for > this? > > Thank You, > > Kyle Harmon > > > Navigate to your default browser's executible (iexplore.exe for Internet Explorer) and double click on it. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion in...

Income and Expenses #2
Hi guys, I just added Income and Expenses to my home page and I was wondering if there is a way to change the date range. It seems like it does 30 days. There weren't any right click options In microsoft.public.money, Zen wrote: >Hi guys, I just added Income and Expenses to my home page and I was >wondering if there is a way to change the date range. It seems like it does >30 days. > >There weren't any right click options > There is no such customization available. What you can do is to customize a regular report, and add that as a Favorite for easy access...

Upgrading 1.2 to 3.0
We Planning to upgrade CRM 1.2 to 3.0 for our clients. We are trying to create a developer environment and perform the update. My question is if we go this route how can we install 1.2 on this dev servers (Key is unique as per domain). Can we have DEV or temp key for that particular domain? If YES... HOW? On the other hand if we install a fresh copy of 3.0 what is the process of data integration from old to new DB and what kinid of information we may loose throught this route. Thanks. As long as you have a different parent OU and a seperate CRM & SQL server, you can install a s...

Complicated Formula #2
Hi. I'm trying to do a very complicated formula. I have a list of ten numbers in a row and I have one cell which is telling me the max of those ten numbers. This new cell I want to be able to find the number that was returned from the above cell and then create a formula from that point. I want the formula to keep looking back (going down the excel spreadsheet) looking for the lowest number in a row from that number, and divide the current number by that number. Example: From say a1:a10 I have : 2, 6, 4, 8, 4, 9, 3, 2, 1, 4 Cell one returns - 9 Cell two would look what came before...

chkdsk
Server 2003 with a 4 drive RAID (500 Gb each drive). One of the drives went south (Western Digital Caviar Black) and when the system came back up a folder was reported as corrupted and inaccessable so I set CHKDSK to run and restarted the machine. 8 hours later it has found one error in an index but still no signs of finishing up anytime soon. Is there any way to fix these errors that doesn't involve taking a server down for an entire day? http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserversystem/storage/getstorfacts.mspx Fiction: Check disk (CHKDSK) takes too long. Fact: CHKDSK...

Basic Graphic Questions
I have a charting program I created some time back. It works well -- but is effectively the old legacy way of doing things. That is: Coordinate system is (0,0) in upper left corner. I Paint everything. -- AutoRedraw = False. If the form is resized, then a new scale is determined (via code) and the graph is repainted. -------------------------------------- I'm wondering if I missing something and that using a more OPP approach might give me better control. Questions 1) Is there a benefit to using the object (picturebox) scale methods instead of calculating your own an...

The remote server did not respond to a connection attempt. #2
After the long weekend now unable to send mail to our other email domain. we get the following message. The remote server did not respond to a connection attempt. Ron Can you telnet to port 25 of the remote domain mail server? http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=153119 If yes to above, then do you have Reverse DNS Pointer Record for your domain? Have you been Blacklisted for any reason? You can check both at www.dnsstuff.com. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Ron T." <RonT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

easy question .... i think
my spreadsheet data goes down to row 297 yet if i scroll alll the way down to the bottom it goes to row 690. How do i get rid of all empty rows ? -- thanks Dean Dean, have a look here : http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Dean" <Dean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A0CEBDD-1564-4849-9EE2-0715370B0562@microsoft.com... > my spreadshee...

IF statement question
Is it possible to test for more than 2 different conditions? ...example total number of hours paid hours 5 hrs 5 hrs 10 hrs 9.5 hrs 12 hrs 10 mins 12 hrs IF "total number of hours" <6 this will be "paid hours" ..... IF "total number of hours" >6 but <12 "paid hours" = "total number of hours" -.5 IF "total number of hours" >12 "paid hours" = "total number of hours" -.1 -----= Poste...

SMTP Connector Question
it has been mandated that we utilize our parent company's email domain name for our email addresses. The problem I run into is that when I change the default email addresses, email addressed to recipients outside of our exchange organization with the same email domain name never get routed outside our network. The exchange server bounces the email with an error that the recipient could not be found. Example: email address is jdoe@xyz.com. Email sent within our exchange organization to other users with @xyz.com works fine. email sent to rdoe@xyz.com who is in another exchange o...

Email Template Question 03-16-06
I am trying to modify the Case Closed Acknowledgement template and would like to know if it is possible to obtain the data from the Resolved Activity which is created when you Resolve a Case and use it in the Acknowledgement. It would be nice to include what the Resolution of the Case was when this template goes out to a customer but I can't seem to figure out how to pull the fields in. ...

graph title #2
Is there a way to use the current filename as "Chart Title" in the "Chart Options" of a graph ? Hi, You can link the chart title to a cell. See here for instructions. http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip001.htm And the cell to which you link can contain this formula, which will extract the filename from the returned string. I have split the formula over 3 lines in case wrapping within the email screws with the formula. =MID(CELL("Filename",A1), FIND("[",CELL("filename",A1))+1,FIND("]", CELL("filename",A1))-FIND("[&q...

linking worksheets #2
How can i link to an entire worksheet in another workbook, so tha changes may be made to the worksheet ragerdless of which workboo containing the sheet is opened? Thank -- bail ----------------------------------------------------------------------- bails's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3615 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=56114 If I understand what you're asking for, it can't be done. You want Workbook1 to have a sheet in it named Sheet1 Then in Workbook2 you also want a sheet named Sheet1 (and actu...

Text Formatting 2
I have a spreadsheet with 2 versions of text in 1 columm 1. 1 column = firstname and initial. For example Dave C. 2. 1 column = firstname. For example Dave DaveO kindly provided this suggestion: =MID(D7,1,FIND(" ",D7,1)-1) where D7 contains the name in question. This formula returns everything before the first blank space in the entry This works perfectly for situation number 1, but in situation 2 I get a #VALUE! error. How can I mask the cell to be just the first name in both scenarios? Thanks Ben Hi Ben One way =IF(ISERROR(FIND(" ",D7,1)),D7,MID(D7,1,FIND(&...

2 envelope icons?
Has anyone ever heard of 2 envelope icons displaying at the bottom of your screen, rather than just one. Sometimes I have 2 little envelopes down there and only one email - but even still, I have never heard of or seen 2 before. ANy idea what that means? ...

Average #2
In order to get my line chart to break off I used #N/A. However my final value is an average. Since I am using the #N/A, I get that for my result in my Average calculation. Is there a work around for this? Value 2 4 6 #N/A #N/A #N/A Average - I want to see 4 THank you, Jason Hi Jason, Try this =AVERAGE(IF(ISNUMBER(A1:A5),A1:A5,"")) You must enter it as an array formula with Shift+CTRL+Enter Bernard "Jason" <jlonne@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:17df01c38383$0a386b90$a001280a@phx.gbl... > In order to get my line chart to break off I used #N/A. &...

Lab: E2k no OAB Version 2 address book to be found...
i'm doing an E2k to E2003 upgrade in a lab. Basically doing it by introducing a new server, and migrating all the mail, public folders over. I am doing the "view system folders" technique to replicate everything to the e2003 box, but there is no OAB Version 2 address book underneath the default offline address book. Its there in my production network, but I want to make sure this lab goes exactly how it will go 'for real'. The only difference is the production network was upgraded from a 5.5 network 2 years ago, and this lab started with a clean e2k install (no 5.5). any...

Two Questions.
I run Money 2003 on XP with all current updates. The first one has probably been talked about frequently but after reviewing the current threads I only saw issues with Money 2002. But here goes: why can't I just open my money file without using Passport sign-in? I have clicked the check box saying that I don't need to use the internet and still get no where. This is just an annoying issue but I would like to not have to use passport at times. The second issue is a little different. I created a new investment and after I was finished, I noticed I used the incorrect name with the &q...

Re: Excel - MATCH, INDEX or VLOOKUP - That is the Question
Hi, Here asking for your help again. This place is so useful. Heres the situation: (Also see attachment) If the user were to pick answers from a series of questions is i possible to match up the answers and return the relevant result. i. A7+B7+C7+D7+E7 = G7. How can this be done, please. Thanks Andrew :confused Attachment filename: multipl eg.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=55677 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Perhaps the quiz template on my website can help or point you in useful direction: ht...