checkbox and drop-down list

I want to create a form using excel.  i tried dragging a
check box into a field and it shows a check box, but it
does not allow you to check it.  How can I get a check box
to work in excel?

Also,  how would i get a drop down list to work in excel??
0
anonymous (74718)

Do want want an in-cell dropdown? Data>Validation>Allow>List.
Enter =MyList where you have your list in a range of cells named MyList
OR
=A2:A100 where you list in in that range
OR list you options in the window, each separated by a column with no spaces
between.

--
Greeting from the Gulf Coast!
http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays
"Nydia" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I want to create a form using excel.  i tried dragging a
> check box into a field and it shows a check box, but it
> does not allow you to check it.  How can I get a check box
> to work in excel?
>
> Also,  how would i get a drop down list to work in excel??

0
twodays (259)

Convert mailing list from columns to rows
I have been handed a list that I need to convert and I am stumped. The worksheet contains three columns of addresses. The addresses are generally in one of three formats: Company Contact Street number and name City State Zip or Name Street number and name City State Zip or The repeat of the above with two lines for street information. As far as I can tell so far, these four are the only different formats. Some of the addresses have a comma between the city and state. One final complication, some addresses use the 5 digit zip, some use the zip+4 with a dash. Is the...

Last Column(=spaces) is Dropped When Importing from .Txt file
I am importing a text file from the mainframe in which the last field of the record is spaces. After transfer of the file down to my PC as a text file, I then wish to import it into Excel. Excel is truncating the last column and wiping out my record length which needs to be a fixed record length. After user corrections, the Excel file will then be formatted back to text and processed by another PC application. Any suggestions on how to prevent the truncation of the last column of my records? Thanks! If the last column is always the same number of spaces you could set it as =rept(" &...

automatically remove deleted delegate from Delegate list?
Exchange 2003, SP2 environment. When delegates leave and have their mailboxes removed, is there any way to automatically remove the SID that stays behind in the mailbox of the delegator who had this delegate for their calendar, etc, in lieu of each delegator having to remove them manually? This would avoid the NDR's that the delegator whose mailbox has the deleted delegates always gets. ...

DoCmd.TransferSpreadSheet drops a record on import
I am trying to automate the import of a file that changes each day in the number of records. Intermittently, it seems, the import function will drop a record (the first record). Here is the command I am using: DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acImport, , "ImportData", fs, True fs is set to the path and filename of the excel file to be imported. Some days it works fine, othrer days it drops one row. In every case, I want to import the entire spreadsheet using the first row as the header. Before I import, I always delete the table "ImportData" so there is no conflict with p...

Making attribute a checkbox
How do you make an attribute a checkbox -- donn Hi, In Customization, open the entity. Than open click on Forms and Views and open the Form. Double click on bit type of field. In new window, the second tab will be formatting. You will have option in bottom, "Control Formatting" here you can choose the desrired format. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com "Donald" wrote: > How do you make an attribute a checkbox > -- > donn Create a bit field an...

distribution list error
I have a computer running OL 2003 and WinXP. Whenever he tries to send to our local distribution list in the global address list, it goes to our ISP instead of through Exchange and then is returned non-deliverable. However when he sends to individuals within the global address list it works fine. No other computer has this problem, but the rest of us have OL 2000. I was going to revert that one back to 2000, but hoped there was another quick fix. Any ideas? -Dawn ...

Validation list in a conditional formula
I would like to include a validation list (drop down choices) in a conditional formula in Excel. Something along the lines of =IF(A4="RAIN",$B$11,IF(A4="TEMPERATURE",$D$11,"")) where $B$11 has a drop down choice of appropriate units for rain based on a list from a column of cells (e.g. containing inches, cm, mm) and $D$11 has a drop down choice of appropriate units for temperature based on a different list from a different column of cells (e.g.containing Kelvin,Centigrade,Fahrenheit). But I can't get the validation list with the drop down choices to b...

Deleted Distribution List
Hi , LONG time Outlook user here..and I'm stumped ! I accidentally deleted a Distribution list from my Outlook 2007 contacts this afternoon. Immediately , I tried EDIT >UNDO , but it was greyed out. I searched Deleted Items in Mail ( thinking all deleted Outlook items ended up there ) and I couldn't find it. I searched Personal Folders as well ..but still no joy. I ended up recreating it , but the question remains , ..." Where did it go ?? " ( in case I do it again..) Many Thanks Next time it happens simply restore it from your backup. What, yo...

Drag and Drop
I've recently upgraded from Vista to Windows 7. I used to be able to drag and drop selected text, images, etc.. from MS Word, IE 8 and Adobe Acrobat Reader 9 into OneNote. Now I can only copy and paste into OneNote. I seem to remember having to set permissions to enable drag and drop between applications, but can't figure out how to do this. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > I've recently upgraded from Vista to Windows 7. I used to be able to drag > and drop selected text, images, etc.. from MS Word,...

drop zero lines from charts
I have a automated chart I create every month. Sometimes there is no data for that month. I'd like the chart to still show that month without the line dropping to zero. I have the data below the chart coming over as blank by formatting the cell to "number" and setting it at "0;-0;;". I was hoping that there is an easy way to have the line in the chart drop off also when there is no data to come over. Thanks in advance -- Baltimore Ravens Hi, With the chart selected choose Tools, Options, Chart, and chose Plot empty cells as Not plotted. -- Cheers, Shane Dev...

Current Views drop down menu cannot be rearranged ? (pic included)
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/1090/currentviewdropdownmenuld4.jpg I've created some custom views but it seems I cannot rearrange the menu so the ones that I use are on top part of the menu. Anybody know any reg hacks for this menu ? It would be nicer if i could just drag the buttons to a toolbar and not require the drop down menu at all. I'm not sure why this isn't a feature since it exist in a bunch of other software that I use. AFAIK, it is not possible to put custom views above the defaults. you can put the view list in the navigation pane and avoid the menu, but that...

Dialogsheet Checkbox to Select All Checkboxes
I am using a dialogsheet to get user input. The dialogsheet is created at runtime. The amount of checkboxes on the dialogsheet varies based on how many tabs are hidden. I would like to have a checkbox on the dialogsheet that allows users to "select all" checkboxes. Code Example: Dim SheetCount As Integer Dim CurrentSheet As Worksheet Dim PrintDlg As DialogSheet Dim cb As CheckBox Set CurrentSheet = ActiveSheet Set PrintDlg = ActiveWorkbook.DialogSheets.Add 'some code used to loop and build checkboxes not shown here If SheetCount <> 0 Then If ...

Move To Do list
Hi, I have several pst files and i have both tasks and to do list's that i would like to combine into one new pst. How could i achive this? Thanks in advance ...

Item Setup for Drop Shipments
We have a couple of items that we drop ship. Each has a primary vendor assigned for the site used on SOP docs and when the person entering the SOP order flags the line for drop-shipment and then hits the Purchase button the Purchase Orders Preview window opens and it's populated with the primary vendor info. There are now 2 additional items that we are starting to drop ship but with the same setup as the first items, when these are added to a SOP order and the same steps are followed the Purchase Orders Preview window is blank. I've checked and re-checked the item settings and...

drop outs
Running IE7 and get random drop-outs necessitating rebooting to reconnect despite network manager telling me I'm connected all along. Often takes 3 or 4 attempts to get a page to arrive until eventually lose contact altogether. Any Suggestions please? On 05/07/2010 11:41 PM, lazzamania wrote: > Running IE7 and get random drop-outs necessitating rebooting to reconnect > despite network manager telling me I'm connected all along. > Often takes 3 or 4 attempts to get a page to arrive until eventually lose > contact altogether. > Any Suggestions please? I...

contact list 05-06-10
I just added my hotmail ID to my WLM and lost my original contact list. GAWD. How do I get it back??? Whew !! Found it by going to tools/options/connections/ .... stop signing in Now how do I upload my contact list to Windows Live so that I can take advantage of syncronizing lists? And re add my hotmail ID to WLM. "Stephen" wrote: > I just added my hotmail ID to my WLM and lost my original contact list. GAWD. > How do I get it back??? Export your contact list to a CSV file in WLM. - Contacts/File/Export Using Internet Explorer logon to Windows Live(usin...

checkbox with relative reference?
I have a checkbox in E5 controlling E5. If I copy it to K11, I want it to control K11. Now, how do I give it this kind of relative reference? Thanks, Sven Sven, I take it you're going to have to do this more than a few times. I suggest you create the checkbox objects in code rather than using the Excel Control Toolbox. Add the checkboxes in the workbook open event and then you can set the attributes of each using variables. Ross "Sven Berg" <wiesel69@gmx.de> wrote in message news:060fd6fc-4258-4b48-b67b-c6909c0f2c45@8g2000hsu.googlegroups.com... >I have a check...

transfer contact list
I have a new laptop computer with Office 2007 and outlook installed. I have the same on my desktop and am trying to transfer my contact list in one go. I know that I can do it for individual names but that will take ages. I have the list in my laptop in the "documents" folder but here agin they only seem to transfer one at a time. Holding down alt or ctrl makes no difference. Can anyone help. Thank you "Stewart" <him@invalid.supanet.co.uk> wrote in message news:eGSyfVUaKHA.1592@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > I have a new laptop computer with Of...

Reverse List?
Greetings! What's happening with the reverse list as of late? It seems like it's not updating anymore since the contacts that I add are never displayed. I have tested this by using my primary account to add my secondary account and then accepting the invitation on the secondary account, my secondary account (target) could see my primary account (source) in the list, but my primary account could not see my secondary account, and both had each other in their contact lists. Thanks in advance; -- jps Greetings jps, I have no real fix for you, but I can confirm...

Print List Slow
Hello, We are having very poor performance when printing a list from contacts after a print preview. This occurs both in the Outlook Client for CRM and the web version. IE 6 will consume at 50% of the CPU. For 603 contacts, it took 3 minutes. We do have a work-around. If you print from the save lookup using it as a saved view, the performance is fine. We have installed CRM Rollup 1. We are using IE6 rather than IE 7 due to other performance issue. If you have any thoughts on this, please post. Thanks, John ...

List of Customers & Partners
Hi everybody, How can I get a list of Dynamics GP customers? At least the large companies, so it can be used as a reference for GP. And how can I get the list of Dynamics GP Partners? Thanks. AMH Call Microsoft at 800-456-0025 and ask to speak to sales operations. A lot of times, unless you are a partner/customer you won't be able to get something like that. "AMH" <AMH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0AFDDD42-3822-4EF9-AA54-C4ADEE5159C6@microsoft.com... > Hi everybody, > > How can I get a list of Dynamics GP customers? At least the large ...

Checkbox checked then show more checkboxes
I have added checkboxes from Control Toolbox and they seem to work fine. I just want to make one of them lets say checkbox3 to show more checkboxes when checkbox3 is marked. How do I do that? I'd add them all to exactly where I wanted them. But then have the "master" checkbox just unhide/hide the others. Option Explicit Private Sub CheckBox3_Click() Dim ShouldBeVisible As Boolean ShouldBeVisible = CBool(Me.CheckBox3.Value = True) Me.CheckBox1.Visible = ShouldBeVisible Me.CheckBox2.Visible = ShouldBeVisible Me.CheckBox4.Visible = ShouldBeVisible ...

Drop decimal and don't round
Hi folks, In Excel XP, I have a colume of numbers with decimals... example: 151.65 144.34 433.23 144.90 I want to drop the decimals, but NOT round. Excel wants to round the 151 to 152 and 144 to 145 (for example). I simply want to make the colume a whole number but not round up if decimal is over .5. Is this possible?? Is this simple?? Thanks, Alex Alex, Use the TRUNC function. E.g., =TRUNC(A1,0) -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Alex" <alex@totallynerd.com> wrote in message news:2ba4b4eb.03112...

numbered list in only 1 cell
Does anyone know how to have a numbered list in only 1 cell? My coworker has seen this done before. Maybe your coworker typed in the list, but used an alt-enter to force a new line in the cell after each "bullet". DataGuy wrote: > > Does anyone know how to have a numbered list in only 1 cell? My coworker > has seen this done before. -- Dave Peterson You just made his day!!!! He says that's it! (I've need seen that technique used before) Thank you. "Dave Peterson" <ec35720@netscapeXSPAM.com> wrote in message news:4230B57F.EFF9ED1D...

Different price lists on one quote in CRM 3.0
Is there any way to customize CRM to allow you to select a price list for every each product line in quote, order and invoice? We need this because we have different products from different suppliers which we want to put together for a solutions quotes. Hi TTL This can be done, you must choose all products from one price list, then save it, then you can change the price list and choose other products, save it and choose another. You must save in between changing lists otherwise it wont work. HTH Ben This will seem to work at first. BUT when you click the recalculate button or change so...