Check Mark #4

Hi,
Would you please show me how to put check marks in cells.
Thank you
Chi Huynh

Chi,

Format the cell with the Windings font, and then enter the check
mark character. To do this, hold down the ALT key and type 0252
on the numeric keypad on the right side of the keyboard (not the
numbers above the letters).

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Chi Huynh" <chuynh@parkland.edu> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Would you please show me how to put check marks in cells.
> Thank you
> Chi Huynh

0
chip1 (1821)
1/14/2004 8:40:53 PM
Chi,

One thing I have done that works, is to set the Cell Font
to Webdings and then type 'a'.

Ben

0
anonymous (74725)
1/14/2004 11:48:40 PM
Yeah, but the Wingdings one looks so much better.  Especialy when the font
size is increased.

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 15:48:40 -0800, "Ben"

> Chi,
>
> One thing I have done that works, is to set the Cell Font
> to Webdings and then type 'a'.

> Ben

0
jay2610 (6)
1/15/2004 1:02:45 AM
Chi

I have used windings asm well but I presume you want the
form CheckBoxes. If you do not mind VB this code inserts
3 checkBoxes in column A

Sub AddCheckBox()
Dim i As Long, n As Integer, j As Integer
Dim chk As Object, nme
Dim cb()
Set chk = ActiveSheet.CheckBoxes
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
n = 3
  For i = 1 To n
    ActiveSheet.CheckBoxes.Add(14.25, 21.75, 24,
17.25).Select
  Next i
  Range("A1").Select
  For i = n To 1 Step -1
    chk(i).Select
    Selection.Characters.Text = ""
    Selection.ShapeRange.IncrementTop n * 12
    n = n - 1
  Next i
' Release the selction on shapes
 Selection = False
' reactivate the sheet
 Range("A1").Select
 Selection = "ok"
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Change the value of n to suit

Regards
Peter

merge MSN Bill Pay & Checking Acct

Authorizing checks with RMS

How do I create Check list

Count If Formula #4

Printing Checks

Employee Check Format-Graphical

Check Names = "Exchange Server computer is busy..."
Here's what I got: Active Directory on Server 2003 1 Domain Controller also running DNS and WINS No other DNS or WINS servers (I know, I know) Static IP Addresses...NO DHCP Exchange Server 2003 on a member server Client running W2K SP4 Outlook 2000 SP3 Exchange has 4 mailboxes set, but nobody is using it. I'm still testing things out. When I try to connect to Exchange via my Outlook 2000, I get the following message: "The function cannot be performed because the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is busy. Try again later" I've tried it from 3 different client comp...

how do I print doublesided 2up on a4 on a form consisting of 4 a5
I am practicing a mock exam on publisher2003 professional and am struggling to print an application form to be printed as a double sided 2 up on a4 paper folded across the application form will consist of 4 a5 pages? Setup your printer for A4, setup your page as a booklet. I can't quite understand the 2 up part. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "tommyk" <tommyk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A66AE0F8-3AB6-42C8-A116-47652D88C4AB@microsoft.com... >I am practicing a mock exam on...

Printing MICR checks
Hello, We are having an issue printing checks on the Select Payables Checks window. When we try to print the checks we receive the error message below: "Warning: You have MICR but are not in a MICR screen. To use MICR, abort this screen and set up security access." The user has access to this screen but I'm not sure what this error message means. There was nothing related to this in the Knowledge Base either. Has anyone else received this error message before and if so how did/do you resolve it? Thanks! The user has the third party mekorma check writing module ...

Addressbook #4
My Outlook addressbook has been shared to Outlook Express via a registry change. Please can you let me know how I can change my registry so that I can see my MSN Messenger contacts who are online and who are not online. (Or should I post this question in OE Newsgroup... please advise.) Thank you in advance for your help. Julia In outlook you can only see if a user is only or not via adress book and when you add an email adress in to: field. "Julia" <noreply@mail.com> wrote in message news:OVrtPm$oFHA.3036@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > My Outlook addressbook has been s...

Check off boxes
Publisher 2003 in use. I am creating a questionnaire that will be included in a newsletter. I am using the publisher software to make this form. Somewhere, in the past, I saw a keyboard shortcut to inset checkoff boxes, however, I cannot remember the key strokes. Any help along this line will be greatly appreciated. Thank you and enjoy your day. Mike Mike Reshetar wrote: > Somewhere, in the past, I saw a keyboard shortcut to inset checkoff boxes, > however, I cannot remember the key strokes. Use Wingdings and the � or q characters. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher h...

how can I mark the maximum point on x-y graph
in excel program how can I mark the maximum point on a x-y graph Hi, Maybe these examples will help. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FormatMinMax.html http://www.andypope.info/charts/Labellast.htm Cheers Andy MAJ-BEHNAM wrote: > in excel program how can I mark the maximum point on a x-y graph -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

budget #4
i am using money 2004:when i try to edit my budget the amount of the particular transaction gets doubled i.e for example i put in 500$ for rent ,the next time i edit that rent from 500$ to 600$ and when i take the printout under rent category i get ,1100$it adds up dont know what to do ...

check check check
afpoiadshfpaosid It is a feature, not a bug -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Excel Formula's #4
I started having this problem once in awhile and now it's almost constant. When I attempt to add a formula, any formula, to a data-filled spreadsheet, I end up with the formula itselt in the cell instead of the results of the formula. Yet, if I copy just the data I'm referencing, and not the whole sheet, onto a blank sheet and re-create the formula, I will (not always) get my results the first time and can then copy and paste the results into my full worksheet full of data. For instance, if I'm trying to use =CONCATENATE on columns F & G in a full spreadsheet, I end u...

spam properties check
When I receive a suspecious email (spam), I right click, without opening the message, to check the properties to make sure it is spam before I forward to the "missed spam" software of my ISP. Some spam emails then ask me if "I want to save the changes" before I close the properties box. I am then not able to forward this email without replying yes to "save the changes?" I did not make any changes, I just checked the properties. Why is this happening? ...

End of Month tic marks in Excel 2007
I am charting a time series with dates starting with 31.12.2007 ending at 31.12.2008 and market values in the second column. In format axis I choose 1 months as the Major unit. In Excel 2003, this would give me a tick mark at the end of each month for each month in 2008. In Excel2007 however it will give me a tick mark at 31.01.2008 and then the 02.02.2008, 02.03.2008 ... 02.11.2008 ie. the 2nd of each month thereafter. Has anybody find a solution to this? It is quite annoying so any help is much appreciated. In A1 I entered 31/12/2008 (I use the non-USA date format) In A2 I entered ...

tristate check box #2
I have a tristate check box.The default behavour of tristate check box in windows is that, the grayed check box will become unchecked after click on grayed check box. But i want , the grayed check box will become checked after click on grayed check box in VC++ .Pls help me its urgent. Well, for Win32, you can always SendMessage the button a BM_GETSTATE. I'm sure with MFC there's a function that will permit this; it could be as simple as button_name.GetState(). Well, for the event OnClick for that button, you can get the state of the button and then either run it through some if-...

Check scanning and Check readers
Has any group successfully integrated a check reader or scanner into a MSFT RMS-POS solution? Our small business processes alot of checks from contracts and cash from customers. So, we need to integrate credit card, debit card, cash, and checks processing. I've been wanting to implement RMS but have been unsuccessful in locating info on any check readers and compatibility with RMS. Anyone with a solution to reading, scanning, and electronically verifying checks at the POS? Rms only supports check verification using PC Charge. Also, RMS only supports MICR (Magnetic Ink Character...

Publisher 97 #4
Have windows ME. Publisher installs but will not open. I get a Kernel32.dll error. Tried the work around listed by Mictosoft but it is for older OS's unable to rename Msvcrt40.dll. I am to restart windows in MS-DOS mode? How do you do this in ME? I can open DOS but that did nothing. Any Help After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from mtstan <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > How > do you do this in ME? I can open DOS but that did nothing. Hold down CTRL while your PC boots. Go to "Command Prompt Only" on the list of opti...

script error #4
I have had to reinstall my operating system (ME) and all of my applications. Previously I have used my Outlook Express with no problems but since reinstalling it and now trying to use it again I am getting this message: Internet Exp Script Error Line: 298 Char: 1 Error: Class not registered Code: 0 URL: outlook:today Do you want to continue running script on this page? Whether I answer yes or no to this doesn't seem to matter. If I try to do "tools" - "email accounts" I get this message "this operation failed due to a registry installation problem. Restart ...

Why does -1, -1, and 2 equal 4 in a pivot table
Trying to do a pivot table to calculate processing time using Beginning Inventory + Received - Ending Inventory. Used formulas to 'Reverse' Ending inventory thinking I could do a Pivot table on the results however the Pivots appear to be using the absolute values. Confirmed this using Drill down to review the data and the values are no longer showing the negative signs. ...