Check boxes - when one box is checked, I want a 2nd box to auto ch

Hi---I am setting up a form with various check boxes.  I want to set up a
range of check boxes so if any of these boxes are checked, then one
corresponding check box if also checked.  On the flip side, if none in the
range of boxes are checked, then the one corresponding box is also not
checked.

I hope this can be done with a formula or conditional formatting, instead of
a macro....if it takes a macro, whoever resonds to this question, please
explain in easy terms---I don't have a lot o fmacro experience.

Thanks!!!

A boolean checkbox reflects the TRUE / FALSE value of the cell it links
to.  In a simplified example, say you have a checkbox1 linked to cell
A10.  When you check checkbox1 A10 flips to TRUE.  You can have another
box called checkbox9 and link it to cell B10; the formula in B10 can
say =IF(A10=TRUE,TRUE,FALSE) .  This will cause checkbox9 to match the
checked or unchecked status of checkbox1.

Back to your example, you could set up multiple boxes, call them
checkbox1, checkbox2, and checkbox3; you can figure out the appropriate
logic for cell B10's formula.  If any of boxes 1, 2, or 3 are checked
and you want checkbox9 to show checked, the formula in B10 is
=IF(OR(A10=TRUE,A11=TRUE,A12=TRUE),TRUE,FALSE)

.... assuming boxes 1, 2, and 3 are linked to A10, A11, and A12.

0
CycleZen (674)
7/1/2005 7:52:16 PM
A boolean checkbox reflects the TRUE / FALSE value of the cell it links
to.  In a simplified example, say you have a checkbox1 linked to cell
A10.  When you check checkbox1 A10 flips to TRUE.  You can have another
box called checkbox9 and link it to cell B10; the formula in B10 can
say =IF(A10=TRUE,TRUE,FALSE) .  This will cause checkbox9 to match the
checked or unchecked status of checkbox1.

Back to your example, you could set up multiple boxes, call them
checkbox1, checkbox2, and checkbox3; you can figure out the appropriate
logic for cell B10's formula.  If any of boxes 1, 2, or 3 are checked
and you want checkbox9 to show checked, the formula in B10 is
=IF(OR(A10=TRUE,A11=TRUE,A12=TRUE),TRUE,FALSE)

.... assuming boxes 1, 2, and 3 are linked to A10, A11, and A12.

0
CycleZen (674)

Where to modify Auto Numbering Value?
There are some Auto Numbering Values for Quotatio ID, Order ID, Invoice ID and Cases ID which will automatically increase. Dose anybody know what 's the rule of those ID increase? Will the cases ID not enough to hold too many cases because it is looks like: CAS-01003 and cannot change, what if we got CAS-99999 then what will happen to next? Thank you very much! Raymond Hi Raymond, check Autonumbering in System Customization Mike "Raymond" <xin421@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:90cf01c3ea94$31bbda80$a301280a@phx.gbl... > There are some Auto Numbering Val...

how to key in one table and show in another tables in Access 2003
I have many tables how can I link them together and as I type certain information in the master show in the other tables. You should not duplicate data in different tables. This constitutes redundancy and leaves the database open to the risk of inconsistent data. Tables should be related to each other by a foreign key column or columns in one referencing a primary key column or columns in another. Non-key columns should only be in one table. The process of eliminating redundancy in tables is known as 'normalization'. Here's a brief description of how it works: Normali...

Auto-Forward and Alternate Recipient
I have an account on an exchange 5.5 server which has been configured to forward mail to a different account on an exchange 2003 server using the alternate recipient option. Typically if the exchange 5.5 account received an e-mail, the forwarding works. However, if the exchange 5.5 account receives an e-mail that was auto-forwarded to it via a rule, the e-mail will not be forwarded to the exchange 2003 account. Any ideas what the problem is? I believe that Exchange is trying to protect itself from a mail loop. I've never heard of this particular issue before, but I'd assume...

auto table of contents in publisher??
Is there the functionality to create a TOC in publisher that can be linked to Heading styles or something like is avail. in MS Word. thanks in advance Scott scott wrote: > Is there the functionality to create a TOC in publisher > that can be linked to Heading styles or something like is > avail. in MS Word. > > thanks in advance > > Scott Nope. No, create it in Word or do it manually which really is the answer if you want a top class job. -- ...

Exchange 5.5 with multiple servers in one site
Hi All, I am trying to setup a second Exchange server because my company is growing so rapidly. If I add another server and make it part of the current SITE. Both servers can share one Global Address book thru directory replication. How does the user logon? If there is two servers A and B, can a person with mailbox on server B logon thru server A? What about routing, when an email comes in for person@xyz.com and his mailbox resides on server B will server A forward it to server B? Thanks for your help. Will On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 16:52:52 -0400, "Will" <will8410@yahoo.com&...

Rotating Text Boxes on a Chart
Excel won't let me rotate text boxes in my pie chart. When I go to do it the rotate buttons are greyed out. Also I can't figure out how to add text the curves with the outside of the pie chart. Please help! Thanx! Hi Jeff, You won't be able to rotate textboxes. If they are really data labels you can alter their alignment. But they won't curve. If you want text to wrap around the pie you could try using word art. Although a pie with more than a few slices will probably result in text not appearing next to the slice. Jeff wrote: > Excel won't let me rotate...

Any tools to check any web site is secured or not?
There are two general indications of a secured web page, but I found none for www.i-access.com, but customer service representative mention they used other tools for security, so you would not see following two general indications and tell me feel safe to trade online. They get no proofs on any security for online trading, can you trust them? Does anyone have any suggestions on how to check whether this web site would encrypt transition data or not? Thanks for any suggestions John 1) Check the web page URL Normally, when browsing the web, the URLs (web page addresses) begin...

can't move the items. could not complete the operation. One or more parameters value not valid
Hi I am using Outlook 2003, previously used 2002 / XP. I have one PST file (2002 format) that seems to have got corrupt. I moved half the content over fine to a new PST (2003 format) but a number messages give me the following error "can't move the items. could not complete the operation. One or more parameters value not valid". I then created a new PST file (2002 format) and just copied the messages over - it created the folders ok but no messages, right at the end I got the following error "Can't move the items. Unable to move or copy folders. Can...

objects created in 2002 (2000 format) not avail in 2000 boxes
I have created a new query and report in an Access 2000 database. This is the first modification since my PC was upgraded to 2002. The database is still in 2000 format (according to the banner). Other users, however, do not see the newly created query or report? (They are Access 2000) Any suggestions? TIA, tj Hi, My name is Amy Vargo. Thank you for using the Microsoft Access Newsgroups. Is this database in a shared folder that multiple people can access, or did you create your own copy of the database? Maybe you are using the wrong file. Verify that the file is in 2000 forma...

Need to change date in field to whatever I want
I have a database for my research. I need to change the date, so that I do not have any restraints on my admissions. I have checked the data field for date of admission and it looks exactly the same in the data field, but for some reason, the date will not allow me to move forward with 2010. I am not sure what to do. Can you please help. This seems to be the only field that does not change to what I need it to change to. I currently am able to use the date for 2010. in other date fields except for one field. Please any suggestions. I am very new in setting or using access. ...

How do I create a chart title dependant on an Auto Filter
Hi, I have created a chart where the info changes depending on the autofilter results. Is there a way of having the chart title change to reflect what is in Column A of the filtered data. I cannot use a cell reference as the cell reference changes depending on the result of the filter. Hope I am making sense :-) Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated This could probably be better but it works where your title row is a2 Sub colaval() mt = Range("a3:a100").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Range("a1") ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 3").Activate Activ...

auto create a file
i have a time card in excel that i'd like to automeate a bit more. right now I have a button on the form to save to a specific file, and it names the new time card by name, date and job #. something like "brianh10/14hilton". people have been asking for copies, and it's tough for me to modify the code for the button to save to their correct path. right now mine saves to something like /mydoc's/time/billing/. Is it possible to code the button so that , if the file doesn't exist, the code can create the correct path. code is as follows: Sub Save_As_FileName(...

Deleting shortcut key In Recording new Macros dialog box
I have recorded several new Macros and I am running out of shortcut key letters to put into the shortcut key box within the Record a new Macro dialog box. How could I delete the shortcut keys that I have already used to reuse again to record new Macros? One way: Choose Tools/Macro/Macros... Select a macro for which you want to delete the shortcut. Click Options... Clear the shortcut key input box. Click OK, then Cancel. In article <9DC795B4-1EBE-4685-94DF-CD79ABEAF45D@microsoft.com>, John <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have recorded several new Macros ...

How to tell when Bill Payment is done electronically vs. paper check?
Am I correct in thinking that if I pay a bill via an epay, and I never get a paper check in return from my bank, then the payee was paid electronically, i.e., the payment to the payee never involved any paper check anywhere through the process? I recently switched from MSN Bill Pay to my bank's bill pay service (I send payments from within M03 for both). There's a piece of information missing for me when I switched to using my bank as the bill payer: I don't have a list of 'participating billers' (such as on the MSN Bill Pay website). Unless I determine who the t...

Transfer of psts from one computer to another
I was given a hand-me-down pc and have installed my Office Enterprise 2007 on the new machine (which operates on Vista). I've configured my Outlook addresss. I've copied my psts from the old machine (running XP and Outlook 2003) to an external hard drive and have attempted to import them to the new machine. I get an error "don't have permission to access these personal folders". Is this because I need to first delete the previous user's profile and create one for myself? Or is there another issue? Please advise. Locate the pst files in the Document...

how to subtract one row from the other?
how to subtract one row from the other? Use a simple formula like =A1-A2 Copy this formula to the right as far as you need to go. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "prasad" <prasad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EADC60A5-9995-4E52-9A58-7A7FAFC8C69E@microsoft.com... > how to subtract one row from the other? ...

Deleted one report in Reportmanager by mistake.
Hi, I deleted one report [Accout Distribution] in Reportmanager by mistake. Please let me know if there is a way to recover this. Thanks, -Sekhar Have you got the CRM server media available ? If so, you will find that report's definition in \Reports\MSCRM\Account Distribution.rdl Create a new report in CRM, and specify the above RDL file as the report's location Specify 'Customers' as the related record types, and 'Reports area' as Display In -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk "Sekhar" wrote: > Hi, &...

Text box visibility
On my form "Finalise Jobs" i have (amongst other controls), "Date ready" - txtDateReady, "Date Required" - txtDateRequired, "WhyDelayed" - txtWhyDelayed, and a search Combo Box - cboSearch. The following code is attached to txtDateReady :- Private Sub txtDateReady_AfterUpdate() If txtDateReady > Forms![Finalise Jobs].txtDateRequired Then Me.lblWhyDelayed.Visible = True Me.txtWhyDelayed.Visible = True Else Me.lblWhyDelayed.Visible = False Me.txtWhyDelayed.Visible = False End If End Sub and the following...

E-mail from Bank One I received today
Below is an e-mail that Bank One (ie FirstUSA) e-mailed me today when I questioned what would happen to MS Money direct downloads as they merged their website with Chase (which DOES NOT direct download). Anyone who values these direct downloads, might want to contact them and let them know how valuable this service is to their customers. Their new Chase website is up and running. It looks great, but it doesn't direct download into Money. Lori, As your credit card company, we value your business. It is important to us that we provide you with timely information regarding your accou...

How do I print one page only in a Publisher catalog merge?
I'm doing a catalog merge in Publisher for the first time and want to print only the one sheet with the address on each. Does anyone know how to print one sheet only in a catalog merge? I'm desperate for help! In step 3(step 5 in 2003), create a new publication, select the page, print current page. Not sure this is the answer you are looking for. You don't need to save the new publication, but it is a way to print one page. -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "woodlandsec" <woodlandsec@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:48...

retrieval of one note documents
I was trying to save a powerpoint I had downloaded into One Note the other day that included additional notes I had added and for some reason it didn't save correctly and the information was lost. Is there any way to retrieve the documents with the notes I added? Is there any other way to search in one note other than searching "all notebooks" using keywords? Thanks I would suggest asking your question in either a PowerPoint or One Note newsgroup. This has nothing to do with Word. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publish...

Trying to recover one Public Folder
Ex2K. A Public Folder got deleted during rehmonig. At the end of replication, both replica was removed accidentally. Public Folder instance is there in one server without any data in to. Need to recover the Public Folder. Have a on-line exchange backup after initial replication Will this work If I install a DC with GC and DNS, remove the DC from production LAN. On a test LAN bring the DC back. Install exchagne server "as a move to new hardware" on seperate box in this test LAN. Restore exchagne databases on here. Another workstation to connect as user and make a .pst of the delete...

getting other folders than inbox synchronized when checking internet mail
I am using Outlook 2002 with Windows XP. can I download mail messages from an internet based account (defined as pop3) that are in a folder other than my inbox? Merrav <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am using Outlook 2002 with Windows XP. > can I download mail messages from an internet based > account (defined as pop3) that are in a folder other than > my inbox? If you want messages received with another account to go into a folder other than Inbox, you'll have to create a rule to move them there. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson A...

How does one correct an incorrect payment?
Here's what I am trying to figure out how to correct: I'm setup with auto-debit with my apartment building. This month, they were only supposed to withdraw $400 for rent, but accidentally withdrew $1100. They wrote me a check as a refund in the amount of $700. Via the auto-sync with my bank, MS Money 2006 downloaded both transactions. I could mark the $1100 dollars as "rent expense", and the $700 as "other income", but this wouldn't really be correct, as I didn't really pay that much for rent, and the reimbursement isn't really income. So how ...

Recalling more than one cell by inputting a single command
Hello everybody, I have a master list of books and course. each course has a course number.for each course there are different number of books.the books are linked to the course by the course number. So in a new sheet when i enter the course number, for example 09001: English, 10 books required,price all comes up without a problem. the problem comes when i try to recall the book list. it cycles through and only prints the last book in that section. i've been using the vlookup function. Is there a way i can get excel to print out all the books by inputting the course n...