Check boxes - when one box is checked, I want a 2nd box to auto ch

Hi---I am setting up a form with various check boxes.  I want to set up a
range of check boxes so if any of these boxes are checked, then one
corresponding check box if also checked.  On the flip side, if none in the
range of boxes are checked, then the one corresponding box is also not
checked.

I hope this can be done with a formula or conditional formatting, instead of
a macro....if it takes a macro, whoever resonds to this question, please
explain in easy terms---I don't have a lot o fmacro experience.

Thanks!!!

A boolean checkbox reflects the TRUE / FALSE value of the cell it links
to.  In a simplified example, say you have a checkbox1 linked to cell
A10.  When you check checkbox1 A10 flips to TRUE.  You can have another
box called checkbox9 and link it to cell B10; the formula in B10 can
say =IF(A10=TRUE,TRUE,FALSE) .  This will cause checkbox9 to match the
checked or unchecked status of checkbox1.

Back to your example, you could set up multiple boxes, call them
checkbox1, checkbox2, and checkbox3; you can figure out the appropriate
logic for cell B10's formula.  If any of boxes 1, 2, or 3 are checked
and you want checkbox9 to show checked, the formula in B10 is
=IF(OR(A10=TRUE,A11=TRUE,A12=TRUE),TRUE,FALSE)

.... assuming boxes 1, 2, and 3 are linked to A10, A11, and A12.

0
CycleZen (674)
7/1/2005 7:52:16 PM
A boolean checkbox reflects the TRUE / FALSE value of the cell it links
to.  In a simplified example, say you have a checkbox1 linked to cell
A10.  When you check checkbox1 A10 flips to TRUE.  You can have another
box called checkbox9 and link it to cell B10; the formula in B10 can
say =IF(A10=TRUE,TRUE,FALSE) .  This will cause checkbox9 to match the
checked or unchecked status of checkbox1.

Back to your example, you could set up multiple boxes, call them
checkbox1, checkbox2, and checkbox3; you can figure out the appropriate
logic for cell B10's formula.  If any of boxes 1, 2, or 3 are checked
and you want checkbox9 to show checked, the formula in B10 is
=IF(OR(A10=TRUE,A11=TRUE,A12=TRUE),TRUE,FALSE)

.... assuming boxes 1, 2, and 3 are linked to A10, A11, and A12.

0
CycleZen (674)

merge MSN Bill Pay & Checking Acct

Sorting Items in a Combo Box...
I have a Combo Box that is sub-classed. I want the items in the list to be sorted by the lParam of the item and then alphabetically (upper and lower case separately). The dialog control being sub-classed has the Sort property set to true, but it isn't sorting them, or if it is, it is doing so in reverse of what I want. For example, the list contains "r, D, .s, .., and ." which is the order is displays them in from top to bottom, but I want the reverse ("., .., .s, D, r"). I tried setting up the CompareItem(), but it doesn't seem to be called. FWIW: - The Co...

How do I create Check list

Control printing according to list box options
I have two list box's that control the report that is going to print. Text20 is the list box that displays the shed number, and the drop down list varies depending on what sheds are in the table. if a shed number is added or deleted, it is also added or deleted in the list drop down box.The row source is: SELECT DISTINCT [98MatingRecords].[SHED #] FROM 98MatingRecords ORDER BY [98MatingRecords].[SHED #]; The second is Text22, this list box has the sections in it and the sections are controled by the shed number, some sheds have 1 section some have 6 and some have 3 or 4, so the dro...

Authorizing checks with RMS

ShellExecute() multiple files to open to one instance
I am opening DWG files to AutoDesks TrueView. When i loop to open these files, a new instance is created for each file i open. Is there a way to create a process and send files to it only? Or a registry key in windows i can set to not allow multiple instances of this program? My goal is to open multiples files to one instance of this viewer, it can handle many files at once. Thanks! check if the program has any command line switch or automation interface to reuse an existing instance. -- Regards Sheng Jiang Microsoft Most Valuable Professional in Visual C++ http://www.jiangsheng.net ...

No Programs are showing up in the ADD/Remove program Box
XP Home to XP Pro Upgrade - clean install. Interestingly enough System Retore is disabled/stopped and I can not restore the service. Tried Regedit and looked for prog names >63 char, but none found under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall. Any suggestions.... "Matthew" <Matthew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:494DD812-4BDD-473D-9936-5FBE50DE2F4D@microsoft.com... > XP Home to XP Pro Upgrade - clean install. > Interestingly enough System Retore is disabled/stopped and I can not > restore >...

Printing Checks

Kill the annoying "Auto Fill Options" button
In XL 2007 when you copy some cells down by dragging, a small button appears which sort of hovers over the cell. It looks like a t-square and is called "Auto-Fill Options". If you click on it, you have some choices like "copy cells", "fill series", etc. For me, this is one of the most annoying features in Excel; when it appears, you can't read the contents of the cells below, especially if your text is sized small. Even more annoying, it never goes away. Ridiculous. Anyway, can someone PLEASE tell me how to kill this thing - I want it turned off...

why can't i type in plain text control boxes?
I am building a template in Word 2007. In the content controls I have the option of using rich text or plain text. When I choose the plain text and protect the document to filling in forms I can not type in the content control box. Yet when I use Rich text I can't tab over to the next content control box as it tabs within the control box. All I want to be able to do is type in the control box and be able to tab to the next. Did you by any chance set the text controls so they cannot be edited? Undo that and you should be able to tab from text control to text control with ...

Employee Check Format-Graphical

Check Names = "Exchange Server computer is busy..."
Here's what I got: Active Directory on Server 2003 1 Domain Controller also running DNS and WINS No other DNS or WINS servers (I know, I know) Static IP Addresses...NO DHCP Exchange Server 2003 on a member server Client running W2K SP4 Outlook 2000 SP3 Exchange has 4 mailboxes set, but nobody is using it. I'm still testing things out. When I try to connect to Exchange via my Outlook 2000, I get the following message: "The function cannot be performed because the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is busy. Try again later" I've tried it from 3 different client comp...

Printing MICR checks
Hello, We are having an issue printing checks on the Select Payables Checks window. When we try to print the checks we receive the error message below: "Warning: You have MICR but are not in a MICR screen. To use MICR, abort this screen and set up security access." The user has access to this screen but I'm not sure what this error message means. There was nothing related to this in the Knowledge Base either. Has anyone else received this error message before and if so how did/do you resolve it? Thanks! The user has the third party mekorma check writing module ...

File name list in the open dialog box.
In the open dialog box, how to delete the list of files appearing in the file name drag down menu in excel 2007? Not sure where you are finding this list. Do you mean the Recent Documents you see when you click on the Button? You can clear that by setting your MRU list to 0 under Button>Excel Options>Advanced>Display. If you mean the list you see when you go to Button>Open then you will have to set a new default file path to a folder that is empty. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 4 Mar 2010 09:10:01 -0800, Acs <Acs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

Check off boxes
Publisher 2003 in use. I am creating a questionnaire that will be included in a newsletter. I am using the publisher software to make this form. Somewhere, in the past, I saw a keyboard shortcut to inset checkoff boxes, however, I cannot remember the key strokes. Any help along this line will be greatly appreciated. Thank you and enjoy your day. Mike Mike Reshetar wrote: > Somewhere, in the past, I saw a keyboard shortcut to inset checkoff boxes, > however, I cannot remember the key strokes. Use Wingdings and the � or q characters. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher h...

trying to align shifting text boxes
my report has a number of columns and in 2 of them are a quantity of text boxes stacked vertically on top of each other in a perfect world, the data would stack INDEPENDANTLY in each column (without aligning across the columns) ex: COLUMN 1 COLUMN 2 textbox 1a texbox 2a textbox 1a texbox 2b textbox 1b texbox 2b textbox 1c texbox 2c not like this: ex: COLUMN 1 COLUMN 2 textbox 1a texbox 2a textbox 1a textbox 1b ...

check check check
afpoiadshfpaosid It is a feature, not a bug -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

where is the install for default text box add-in
Maybe you mean Default Text Box v1.0.0.3 http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/add-ins Normal.pub? http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/normal.pub -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "lpyburn" <lpyburn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:692EA943-DB76-474F-B4C4-CA0222EBA04D@microsoft.com... > ...

one two three
....blablabla __________ Informacia od ESET NOD32 Antivirus, verzia databazy 4811 (20100127) __________ Tuto spravu preveril ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.sk ...

one code to do multiple things
hi, i have the code below which takes the value in cell U17 everytime it changes, and places it in column A on a sheet called graphs thereby forming a list down the sheet of all the values that appear in cell U17, for charting purposes. What i would like to do is to be able to duplicate this for different cells. ie have the cell values of W25 appear in a list in column K on the graphs sheet, and so on. this code was written for me by someone else as, could you please give me some code that will enable me to capture the values for two or three cells in sheet1 into the sheet cal...

spam properties check
When I receive a suspecious email (spam), I right click, without opening the message, to check the properties to make sure it is spam before I forward to the "missed spam" software of my ISP. Some spam emails then ask me if "I want to save the changes" before I close the properties box. I am then not able to forward this email without replying yes to "save the changes?" I did not make any changes, I just checked the properties. Why is this happening? ...

A Pretty Easy One....
....if you know this stuff... How can I build a RANGE reference? I do a search and find the row I want is RNDX; now I want to insert a pagebreak: .HPageBreaks.Add.Range("A",RNDX) ??????? Thanks./R One way: .HPageBreaks.Add .Range("A" & RNDX) or, use Cells() instead: .HPageBreaks.Add .Range(RNDX,1) In article <6uuSc.44864$Al5.19873@fe31.usenetserver.com>, "Randy Numbers" <ran@hotmail.com> wrote: > How can I build a RANGE reference? I do a search and find the row I > want is RNDX; now I want to insert a pagebrea...