Charts in Sheet

How come...when you change the source data...in other words...expand the data
series to incorporate new data within a chart..

save changes
then, exit the chart,.....

the cursor moves to the top of the spreadsheet??

Why is this so?  Why can't my mouse (cursor) stay in and around the chart???

Larry
0
FLKULCHAR (37)

Legend on Chart

Demographic chart?

Excel 2007 Line Chart with Markers

Charting/ Graph question

Chart in Chart

How do I create a chart....

Chart items moving around

How To Chart A Formula in Excel 2007

create chart from external application
Hi, I would like to know if this is possible.... I have an application that contains an hierarchical chart. I would like to export this data into a format that Visio can *understand*, and then import it into Visio and have it display in a hierarchical manner. Does any body know if this is possible to do. .....or, if there is another way of getting my data into Visio, can you please let me know. Thanks. Here is an article that describes how to automate the org chart wizard, and how to format your data: http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/2002/articles/spotlight5_July00.aspx Hope ...

Grouping in protected sheets
Hi, I have a sheet where I need to protect some formulas so that people won't mess them. However, when I do this Excel does not let me use the + (or -) buttons to open the groupings. Any suggestions how to handle this problem? thanks in advance!! Maya You have to set the worksheet's EnableOutlining property to true. Unfortunately this is a setting that must be set every time you open the workbook because it does not stick. You can run this code in your workbook's startup macro to handle this. With Worksheets("Sheet1") .EnableOutlining = True .Protect Pas...

Change the size of the sheet?
Hi, everyone, I need only 30 rows, 7 columns in my worksheet, and I want column H, I, J, ... row 31, 32, 33, ... to "disappear" from my worksheet, even the column/row indicators (i.e. H, I, J, ... at the top, and 31, 32, 33, .... at the left side of the view). What can I do? Thanks. You can't get rid of them! All you can do is hide them. Click in the header of Column H, to select,the entire column, then: <Ctrl> <Shift> <RightArrow> This will select all the columns, out to IV. Right click in this selection and choose "Hide". Click in the row hea...

print a chart over multiple pages
I am trying to stretch a chart over multiple pages, but i just can't get it to work. I have tried all i can think including attempting to print areas individually. Any ideas? i'm using excel 2003. Thanks Hi, If the chart is on a chart page, this will not work. If the chart is embedded on a sheet, and you select the chart, it will not work. What you need to do is embed the chart and then select the range "behind - under" the chart, then you can use all of the print options, thereby printing one chart across multiple pages. Cheers, Shane "OEB1527" <O...

Embed Chart
Is it possible to link a chart into my current worksheet like an embedded chart (or something)? Thanx. Brian - I'm not sure what you're asking. If you copy a chart from one workbook (or worksheet) and paste it into another, it will retain its links to the original source of its data. You can change its source data (to its new parent worksheet) using Source Data from the Chart menu. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ briank wrote: > Is it possible to link a chart into my current worksheet > like an...

Web and Excel sheet
Hi! I am writing an ASP.NET web project. This project is being written in Microsoft Visual Studio.NET and it includes an Excel spreadsheet which I can display with 'window.Open'. Now the problem lies in the fact that I want to update the worksheet/s via the web. I have already updated Excel cells by using VB.NET but I was wondering whether there has to be a DSN connection to the Excel file in the project. As otherwise I do not know how to refer to the .xls file because it is included in the project files. I would greatly appreciate any of your help! Thanks very much! Timothy --- Mes...

Names on a Bubble Chart
Hi There, I am wondering on how I can put the "names" on my bubbles...? I've the following data where I would like to make a bubble chart with ... The bubble chart in itself works fine, I just do not manage to get the corresponding name (Product1, 2,...) on each bubble: NS AGP Growth Product1 9,052,494 22 (31) Product2 1,574,341 32 (25) Product3 1,759,511 3 (45) Product4 1,539,132 13 (69) Any thoughts? Jen ...

A Chart in a Chart ?
Is it possible to create a chart within another chart? If not - Is it possible to view a chart within another chart? Jim -- jamesasmithsr ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jamesasmithsr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24101 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=377093 you can save a chart inside a second chart. Make the first chart and have it on its own sheet make the second chart and set its location as an object in the first chart sheet "jamesasmithsr" wrot...

Excel Chart Source Data
Is it possible to update Excel Chart Source Data for Multiple Chart where the ranges are exactly the same? We have a large workbook containing 25 worksheets with charts that ar linked to another Master Workbook. The charts display data for a rolling 12 month timescale and so th source data needs to be manually updated each month to reflect th current rolling 12 month timescale e.g May 2003 to April 2004 cell range A1:Z1 would need to be updated t reflect June 2003 to May 2004 to B1:AA1 There are 100 charts so manually updating the Source Data is tim consuming-as the cell references are the ...

Refreshing Chart
Hi I am using VBA code in Access to send revenue figures per month for th year to Excel there is a chart which shows this information already i Excel which just updates when the new information is sent. There i also calculated fields in Excel which calculate the revenue by quarte this is also graphed. The problem is that although the quarterly data updates when ne information is sent, the graph which plots it does not. I have trie the .refresh command on the chart but this does nothing. Can anyone suggest anything ? Cheers Bria ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Messag...

simple time sheet issue
Hello, I posted a question yesterday, but i cannot find my question- or any answer, today. So here we go again- I have created a breakdown table for my companies roster. I have a simple formula in the spreadsheet that tells me how many hours of a shift was on the day rate (0530-1830) (24hr time), and how much is on the night rate (1830-0530) ( security guards). for example I need the cell that has the formula =SUM(G7-1830) (G7 being a time between 0530 and 1830), to display zero, until i type a figure into G7. Please help! P.S- I'm not fluent with Excel so laymans terms would be app...

Charting Time Series Data
I want to replicate the graph format shown in the first graph of the following article: [url="http://www.dmreview.com/article_sub.cfm?articleId=1031173"] I think this format would work well for my purposes, though my data is slightly different: Campaign/ Tracking Period /Mail or Control/ Response Rate Jan 30-days Mail 1.25% Jan 30-days Control 0.15% Jan 60-days Mail 2.39% Jan 60-days Control 0.41% Feb 30-days Mail 1.50% Feb 30-days Control 0.25% Feb 60-days Mail 3.71% Feb 60-days Control 0.98% I'd like to have "columns" of line graphs where each column ...