chart x-axis breaks

I have a line chart with dates on the X axis that range from 1/1/2001-Present
and I'd like to show breaks at the end of each year.  Is there a way to do
this?  I'd like the plot area to be different colors for each year if
possible.
0
asach (4)

Hotsyncing Entourage X with Palm Tungsten E
Does anyone know whether it's possible to hotsync Entourage X for Mac OS X.2 with the Palm Tungsten E, which runs Palm Desktop software OS 4.1? I'm currently using an older Palm handheld, which hotsyncs fine with Entourage X. The Microsoft website description of the MS Handheld Synchronization Software says that it works only with 4.0. I'm not sure whether Microsoft considers 4.1 the same version or an entirely different one. (Since all new Palms run either OS 4.1 or 5.0, I'm hoping that I'm OK.) Thanks! I'm eager to buy the Tungsten E to replace my old Palm, but I...

How do I print in Excel on 14 7/8 x 11 paper.
I have several old worksheets from Lotus 123 set up to print on 14 7/8 x 11 and want to transfer those to Excel. In print setup, I cannot find any paper size that corresponds to this size which is the standard wide fanfold paper. Any suggestions would be appreciated. That page stuff depends on what printer you are using. You will need to go into your printer properties and do a custom paper size. "David in Jxn" wrote: > I have several old worksheets from Lotus 123 set up to print on 14 7/8 x 11 > and want to transfer those to Excel. In print setup, I cannot fin...

Outlook adding extra line breaks in emails
Hi- This has been a problem for me for the past couple years with Outlook 2002, 2003 and now 2007. When I write emails to people and hit Enter, Outlook shows me the cursor dropping one line (without a space in between). When I want a space between my paragraphs I have to hit Enter twice. Seems simple enough. However, when I see replies coming back to me and when I have seen my email in other systems (mostly web based as far as I can tell: Hotmail, Gmail, etc.) there are always double the number of line spaces. For instance, if I press Enter twice in order to see a space between paragrap...

PowerPoint 2007 with EXCEL Chart
Good afternoon, Thanks in advance. I hope I am in the correct group since this is both an Excel and PPT question - I created a Spreadsheet with 10 tabs, on each tab there is one fairly simple chart with a secondary axis that show a % for one column. I have the chart with format looking correct in Excel, and copy / paste to a corresponding slide in ppt. Sometime, not all of the time the format changes especially on the secondary axis, it goes to a decimal value. A lot of the time the data labels will be missing from the columns as well. Not sure what I am missing, USUALLY ...

Chart: 2 lines and a bar
I have searched here and in the help file with no luck. I see it is easy to have a graph with 2 bars and a line because it i one of the standards already set up. But I need 2 lines and a bar and I cant figure out how to do it. I'm sure it is something easy, but maybe this is a brain cramp o something -- Kep ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Kepf's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3061 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=50744 Hi, Create line chart based on all three set...

Odd Excel 2007 behavior: copied chart linked to source sheet
Hi all, I'm finding that Excel 2007 has a strange behavior when it comes to copying sheets that contain Pivot Tables & Pivot Charts. Let's say that on Worksheet A, I have a Pivot Table A and Pivot Chart A that is linked to it. If I change Pivot Table A, Pivot Chart A will change to reflect. So far, so good. Now, let's say I COPY Worksheet A to Worksheet B. Now I have Pivot Table B and Pivot Chart B on the new worksheet. Problem: Pivot Chart B is STILL LINKED to Pivot Table A! If I change Pivot Table A, both charts change! If I change Pivot Chart B, neither chart ...

paired bar chart
Is it possible to create a paired bar chart in Excel? please define paired bar chart? "abj2" wrote: > Is it possible to create a paired bar chart in Excel? See Jon Peltier's site on Tornado Charts http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/tornadochart.html "abj2" wrote: > Is it possible to create a paired bar chart in Excel? ...

Chart Template Default Directroy excel 2007
I used to be able save a User Defined Chart Type to file XLUSRGAL.XLS in Excel 97/03 on my (otherwise heavily restricted) Company Network and use VBA to read and apply usertypes to xy scatter charts (up to 20 series to multi-format error bars and spoof markers etc). Very powerful I think. I could see the location of XLUSRGAL.xls in my personal profile. However my Company is moving to a Citrix thin client desktop with upgrade to Excel 2007. I am restricted from writing to, and reading from, the Chart Template default directory. I suspect that might remain the case for a very long time Is t...

Inserting header @ page break
I have a macro that inserts lines and copy a header when ever the value in B Changes. I want to make it a bit easier the 26 lines must be inserted and range B2:K25 coppied at every page break. Thanks Public Sub Deilv2() Dim LastRow As Long Dim row_index As Long Dim rng As Range Set rng = Range("B2:K25") Application.ScreenUpdating = False LastRow = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, "b").End(xlUp).Row For row_index = LastRow - 1 To 26 Step -1 If Cells(row_index, "B").Value <> _ Cells(row_index + 1, "B").Value Then Cells(row_index + 1, "B")....

Degrees � as an imput in a x-y scatter plot
For two columns of data: column A where I have integers ranging from 0 to 90 representing degrees; and, a column B where I have integer values randomly selected representing distance, I would like to create an x-y graph of points representing degrees and distance from 0,0 intersect of the x and y axes. I suppose the end result should look like 1/4 of a circle, that is 90� of a full circle. Is this possible in a x-y scatter plot, or am I forced to use another chart type? My thanks in advance for any suggestions on handling the integers representing degrees. Brad Hi, Assuming dat...

Bubble chart with multiple values per series
Hi all, I've got data that looks like this: Business Unit Interest Influence/Authority Role Cards & Payments 7 9 5 Internet 10 8 2 Cards & Payments10 5 2 I'm trying to create a Bubble chart (in Excel 2007) that has: 1. Interest as the X-axis 2. Influence/Authority as the Y-axis 3. Role as the bubble size 4. Business Unit as the Series name If there is only once instance of a particular business unit, then this doesn't appear to be a problem. It's a bit ma...

Spell Checking words with non-breaking hyphens (Ctrl+Shift+hyphen)
In Office 2007, spell check does not allow you to use Ignore All on words using a non-breaking hyphen, you are forced to use the Ignore Once option. Is there a setting to change spell check to allow you to use the Ignore All option?? ...

On a column chart, how do you put a percent sign on the top most .
On a stacked column chart, how do you put a percent sign on the top most number on the vertical (value) axis? On Jan 13, 3:49 pm, JudyF <Ju...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > On a stacked column chart, how do you put a percent sign on the top most > number on the vertical (value) axis? Use a custom number format, say if the max value was 70: [=70]##"%";## The only problem with that is that it doesn't align the column of numbers well, to fix that add a couple spaces after the others.: [=70000]####"%";####" " I got the percent sign on th...

Excess white space in chart
I'd like to get rid of some of the excess space around a chart, but of course if I use the arrows, the chart downsizes. I would simply like to trim off the space I don't need. I need to line up 3 or 4 of them on the same line in a Word document and with the extra space they won't fit. But I don't want to have to pass out magnifying glasses to make them readable. Thanks in advance... Select the chart, and the Chart toolbar should appear. On the toolbar, from the dropdown list, choose Plot area The Plot Area will be selected, and a handle will appear in each corner, and at t...

Charts from Spread sheets
I need to plot two sets of numbers in a line chart. Both are derived from the one spread sheet - so, if I change one input (the y axis entries) a corresponding new value is generated by the spread sheet for the X axis. I want to do this for 100 y axis entries. How do I pick up the x axis numbers coprresponding to each y axis entry AUTOMATICALLY so that the corresponding x and y values can be brought together using the standard chart wizard? This is a question of maximum ignorance frmo a self-taught excel-er . Any help gratefully appreciated. tks -- nick g ---------------------...

vba to prevent display of default series in doughnut chart
I am generating a doughnut chart using VBA and am having two immediat issues: 1) I am using the following line to ensure that the default chart tha is generated when I invoke the Charts.Add method is a doughnut chart: Application.SetDefaultChart FormatName:=xlDoughnut Is there a more elegant approach to ensuring that any chart create ends up being a doughnut chart, maybe when invoking the Charts.Ad method? I have tried to specify ChartType = xlDoughnut after th Charts.Add method but this does not do the trick every time (see cod snippet below). 2) When the doughnut chart is added (immediat...

I have a user who's unable to paste an Excel 2003 chart into Outlook 2003 email message. In Outlook options, the checkbox is selected for "Use Microsoft Office Word 2003 to edit e-mail messages". When I tested this on my own computer running the same version of Office, if the box is check, I have no problem pasting; if this box is cleared, I cannot paste. But on his computer, it doesn't work regardless. Thanks and regards, TL ...

Replace 'X with an image?
I have a report that uses columns with an X to indicate that a particular attribute applies to that row. Like this, ModelABC X XX XXXXX X. I need to make this report more attractive when displayed on a web site. I know how to use conditional formating to color the cells that have an X in them. But, is it possible to do something similar by replacing the X with an image? Like a colored radio button or a big red circle or something? Some Dude wrote: > I have a report that uses columns with an X to indicate that a > particular attribute applies to that row. Like...

Scatter Chart Axis as text in C# Web appl
Hi, I've created a Scatter Chart in OWC11 in C# and the X axis must display dates instead of numbers, I do it using the code below: .... string x= "10/2/2004 12:00:00 AM\t10/2/2004 12:00:00 AM\t10/5/2004 12:00:00 AM\t10/5/2004 12:00:00 AM\t10/6/2004 12:00:00 AM\t10/7/2004 12:00:00 AM\t10/8/2004 12:00:00 AM\t"; string y = 1\t2\t76\t67\t...."; objChart.SeriesCollection[0].SetData(OWC11.ChartDimensionsEnum.chDimCategories, (int)OWC11.ChartSpecialDataSourcesEnum.chDataLiteral, "Scatter Charts Series 1"); objChart.SeriesCollection[0].SetData (OWC11.ChartDimensi...

How do i group together different charts into a single chart in e.
Hi I have three charts in excel that share the X-axis but have different Y -axis They are different time varying phenomena. I want to plot them in a singel graph with a split Y-axis splitting the graph into three parts Jon Peltier put something together on this. I've used it and it works great. http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/axes.html#StakCht "Mukund" <Mukund@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:60498114-F2A8-42F0-8C0B-D37017BF6FD5@microsoft.com... > Hi > > I have three charts in excel that share the X-axis but have different Y -axis >...

Download link for Windows Profesional x 64
Hi I purchased windows xp professional x 64 several years ago. today i have problems with operation system and i must reinstall it, but i can not find CD with windows xp professional x 64 . Could you send to me download link for windows xp professional x 64 ? Regards Andrey sdandrey wrote: >Hi >I purchased windows xp professional x 64 several years ago. >today i have problems with operation system and i must reinstall it, but i >can not find CD with windows xp professional x 64 . >Could you send to me download link for windows xp professional x 64 ? Ther...

Add capability to graph in the form of y=x. #2
Mathematical functions are very difficult to accurately graph even with massive amounts of coordinates. Excel will not graph variable-dependant equations; that is it will not graph them without a lot of tinkering and results in very unprofessional looking end product. Please add a way to make y=x graphs that doesn't take hours to create through mixed graphs. Zedd ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do no...

Can a chart be put in the background in order to display cells?
I would like to put the chart in the "background" such that worksheet cells and their contents are also displayed and the chart is also visible. Can this be done? If fo, please help. Hi, You can not put the chart behind the cells. What you might be able to do though is make the chart area None so that cells below the chart can be seen through the chart area when the chart is not selected. Or you could just move and size your chart so it does not cover the cells. Cheers Andy 54COCHISE66 wrote: > I would like to put the chart in the "background" such that worksh...

Word X and MS Sharepoint
We are using Sharepoint (hosted on microsoft's server). We have one person in a remote office who is using a Mac with OS X and OfficeX. A group is collaborating mainly on a few Word documents and the user with a Mac cannot edit the document directly in Word as our PC users do. They have to download the document edit it and then upload it. This is counter to the whole idea of collaboration, because meanwhile someone else has edited the document and someone's changes are bound to be lost. Is there some way to get Word on the Mac to work properly with Sharepoint? Thanks in advance! Jaime...