Chart formatting #3

Is there a way to shade certain areas of a line graph?  I have a simple line
graph extending horizontally from point 1 to 10 on the x-axis.  I would like
to shade the entire background area of the graph from points 2-4 and points
6-8.  Is there a way to make the graph apear that the background is grayed
out between these points.

Thanks

Chris

Chris -

This has been sitting here a long time...

Make a combo chart. Start by locking the Y axis scale parameters (uncheck the auto
boxes). Add a series to your chart which has zero values where you want no shading
and <Y axis max> where you do want shading. Change the series to a column chart
(select just the new series, then go to Chart menu, Chart Type). Double click the
new column series, on the Options tab set Gap Width to zero, and on the patterns
tab, set borders to none and area fill to the shade you want in your chart
background for these regions.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Christopher Anderson wrote:

> Is there a way to shade certain areas of a line graph?  I have a simple line
> graph extending horizontally from point 1 to 10 on the x-axis.  I would like
> to shade the entire background area of the graph from points 2-4 and points
> 6-8.  Is there a way to make the graph apear that the background is grayed
> out between these points.
>
> Thanks
>
> Chris

Legend on Chart

Control Source Format for rounding
I have a box that calculates discounts or allows me to enter a manual amount. The control source for it is :=IIF([Discount]<=0, [ManDisc], ([DisTx]+[DisNTx])). The last 2 fields handle taxable and non-taxable discounts. The fields (except for manual)are percentages. These work OK, but I need it to round to only 2 decimal places. Now when it is stored in the table, it sometimes has 3 decimal places which messes with the grand total at the end of the day. Any suggestions? Thanks! On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 15:04:02 -0700, David <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have ...

Demographic chart?

Excel 2007 Line Chart with Markers

Conditional formatting in a cell formula
I am constructing a workbook which will hold a full season's fixtures and results as the season progresses. As there are 16 teams in the competition, there are 8 lines per week's results (home team and away team per line). To simplify things, basically this is how each week will look: [Best viewed in a fixed pitch font] | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 A | Home Team 1 | Pts For | Pts Agst | Away Team 1 | Pts For | Pts Ag [....] H | Home Team 8 | Pts For | Pts Agst | Away Team 8 | Pts For | Pts Ag Using Format | Conditional Formatting, I have set th...

Charting/ Graph question

Chart in Chart

How do I create a chart....

Format of data import from a database
I have a spreadsheet that has data imported from SQL Server or even MS Access that has dollar amount fields. The field is coming over as a text field and even if I format the cells as currency it won't apply the formatting until I actually double click in the cell and press enter. Is there a way to fix this for the entire spreadsheet so I don't have to click in each cell to force the formatting to work? This spreadsheet as over 1500 rows of data. I get this every time I export data from either SQL Server 2000 or Microsoft Access Database. Any help or information is greatly apprecia...

PRINT PREVIEW PROBLEM #3
I am unable to view my entire page when opening "Print Preview." Only about 3/4 of the page shows. HELP!! ...

Chart items moving around

Outlook address book #3
1. Is there a simple way (for the technologically challenged)to print the outlook contacts on adress labels. I have Outlook 2000 and Office 2000. Please keep it simple. 2. Is there a simple way that my wife and I can use outlook to get our mail. We use the same ISP with different names ie wife@cox.net and husband@cox.net > 2. Is there a simple way that my wife and I can use > outlook to get our mail. We use the same ISP with > different names ie wife@cox.net and husband@cox.net Using Outlook 2002 (and I assume 2003) you are able to set up multiple accounts for sending an...

How To Chart A Formula in Excel 2007

European EFT #3
Hi, I am based in Australia and am testing out the Eurpean EFT module for our Netherlands company. I am interested in hearing from anyone who has experience with this module. -- Greg ...

Custom Number Format #5
Hey Benjielop, That was fast! I tried the formula (replacing A1 with B4, where the first tag is), bu Excel 2000 gives back an error message pointing to =left*(b4,1)*.... -- Excelder ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Excelders's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1556 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27130 ...

Win XP Outlook 2003 Contact Phone Number formats
If I type in 1 300 ........... or 0418 ....... numbers they are entered in plain text without formatting nor hyphens just as I want. When I enter an 8 digit local number Outlook insists on re-formatting it with an area code in brackets and hyphen after 4 digits. Is there any way to stop this behaviour. Placing a _ at the beginning stops the beahviour, now all I need is a non visible _ I even tried unsuccessfully to remove my area code from Control Panel\ Phone and Modem Options Any help is appreciated. Cheers Ian No. Masking of phone numbers in Outlook is hard coded, based on your default ...

attachment problems #3
New Inpiron 8600. Having problems with email attachments that I send. Some recipients don't receive the attachments, others receive them, but they open in MIME instead of the program in which the file was created. Any ideas? I certainly would appreciate it. S Don't use rich text format - send in plain text or html. SSteen wrote: > New Inpiron 8600. Having problems with email attachments > that I send. Some recipients don't receive the > attachments, others receive them, but they open in MIME > instead of the program in which the file was created. Any > ideas?...

create chart from external application
Hi, I would like to know if this is possible.... I have an application that contains an hierarchical chart. I would like to export this data into a format that Visio can *understand*, and then import it into Visio and have it display in a hierarchical manner. Does any body know if this is possible to do. .....or, if there is another way of getting my data into Visio, can you please let me know. Thanks. Here is an article that describes how to automate the org chart wizard, and how to format your data: http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/2002/articles/spotlight5_July00.aspx Hope ...

print a chart over multiple pages
I am trying to stretch a chart over multiple pages, but i just can't get it to work. I have tried all i can think including attempting to print areas individually. Any ideas? i'm using excel 2003. Thanks Hi, If the chart is on a chart page, this will not work. If the chart is embedded on a sheet, and you select the chart, it will not work. What you need to do is embed the chart and then select the range "behind - under" the chart, then you can use all of the print options, thereby printing one chart across multiple pages. Cheers, Shane "OEB1527" <O...

can't expand public folders #3
I can not expand public folders in Exchange system manager. ESM hang and never returns. The reason I want to expand the public folders i due to some orphan folders that need to be removed and I want to chang ownership to do so. Would really appreciate help from someone who know how to correct these issues. Thanks, Bria - brian ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.webservertalk.co ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread: http://www.webservertalk.com/message429855.htm ...