Chart data with 2 different set of data on the same graph

I have 2 set of data as shown in sample below:
Month   Set-1    Set-2
Jan-04  9,203     12.4
Feb-04  7,012     09.2
Mar-04  8,321     11.2
Apr-04  8,801     08.4
May-04  9,001     10.6
  etc

I need to chart them on the SAME graph using either Line,
Scartter ,Bar or Column(not pie chart).   Due to the Set-
2's numbers are very small and it shows as a straight
line of dots at the bottom when I use either Line or
Scatter graph, or show only Set-1 data in Bar or Column
charts.

Can someone tell me if it is possible to use different
scale to show the data on the SAME chart ?

Thanks in advance for any help.
0
anonymous (74721)

Hi,

Yes you can use a secondary y axis.
Select the 2nd data series and right click. Pick the format object to
display the Format dialog. On the axis tab choose Secondary axis.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

How to use different return email addresses
I use outlook 98. I have a mailbox with three aliases. People sending me emails can use any of the three email aliases and the email will arrive in the same mailbox. Accessing the mailbox once will retrieve all messages regardless of which alias was used. If I reply to these emails though, I want the recipient to think that the email has come from the alias that they originally used. What outlook always seems to do is use the email address of the service that is listed first in Tools->Services->Delivery. Is there any way Outlook can be set up so when I reply to a given email, my email ...

Legend on Chart

Out of Office doesn't reply the external mails after migration from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003 #2
After I have made an In-Place migration of Exchange server with all of the mailboxes on it without using exmerge, the Out-of-Office of most of the old users, which are created before migration, replies only the internal mails but no more external mails. The Out-of -Office of the new users, which are created after migration, works however very well. Using Mdbvu32.exe (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/248709/en-us) I have removed the inbox rules (each row with CB items, OOF Rules or MSFT:TDX OOF Rules under "Associated Messages in Fld") and even all rules in an inbox under it. But thi...

Demographic chart?

Publisher-How do I change calendars 04 to 05 without losing data?
I have a current document 12 calendars with data in each day. I am trying to change the calendars from 04 to 05 with losing the existing data. Is there a way the data can stay in the same spot and the dates change. I also want to keep the same layout I currently have. I have tried using calendar options but cannot get it to work. Any help would be appreciated. Manually... You can try this, Expand your existing calendar by 12 months. On the toolbar, edit, office clipboard, this will give you 24 copied items you can collect. Copy your data, go to the next year, place your cursor where you...

Help setting up an email account
When I go to send an email, I get this notice. The server could not be found. Account adelphia, POP3 Server: adelphia, Error#)x800ccc0d. How do I set up an email account. Thank You >-----Original Message----- >When I go to send an email, I get this notice. The >server could not be found. Account adelphia, POP3 >Server: adelphia, Error#)x800ccc0d. How do I set up an >email account. > >Thank You >. >Go to : TOOLS ACCOUNTS ADD and enter the server details ...

Excel help #2
Hi - I'm pretty familiar with most stuff in excel and I'd say I'm an intermediate user. I would like to learn how to do vba in excel. Does anyone know of any online help or tutorials that would teach me? If possible, I would like interactive suggestions. Thanks in advance. Newtechie David McRitchie's "Getting Started". Note links to other sites at the boittom of the page. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm VBA Tutorial from Microsoft. http://support.microsoft.com/support/excel/content/vba101/default.asp There are many more, but these sho...

Excel 2007 Line Chart with Markers

Charting/ Graph question

Chart in Chart

Debra Dalgleish-help with worksheet data entry
Hi Debra, I browsed your website and found this new data entry worksheet(http://contextures.com/xlForm02.html) which was very good and i showed my boss.He liked the idea of it and thus asked me to work on it.I managed to add a few more fields and it worked fine. I have a cell named "Documentation to support requirement" at B11 and its corresponding text box at D11.My problem now is that at D11, i need two kind of controls one is drop down list box for document type and another control is text box for document name.How do i achieve this? i need both of this control's answer to b...

Fixed Assets
I'm testing the fixed assets module in Great Plains. I want to switch from FAS to GP as soon as possible. The issue I am running into is that I have a fiscal year end of 6/30 for the books, but the tax year remains a calendar year. GP Fixed Assets doesn't seem to allow different fiscal years for each set of books. Will GP be updated with this feature soon? I would think that other companies have run into this issue, as well. If there is a way around this problem or "opportunity", please reply with that information. That would help a lot. Thanks. The Fixed Asse...

Data summary
I have a 13 sheet report with each line a different date and each column different data, I want to puul date specific data to a summary sheet using date entry on the summary sheet ie. 04/10/10 = 04/10/10 on each line of the data sheets and I want to pull the data from column A,B,F,G I hope I have explained this clearly ...

How do i set up certain message rules using outlook 2003
Just moved from Outlook Express to Microsoft Outlook 2003. However i cant work out how to make certain message rules. I'm using three email addresses and trying to create the following rule but cant work out how to do it. Heres the rule. Where the To line contains 'info@j-i-d.co.uk' Move it to the "Info" folder Would really appreciate some help here!! Thanks Lord_buy_me_a_Mercedes_Benz wrote: > Just moved from Outlook Express to Microsoft Outlook 2003. However i > cant work out how to make certain message rules. > I'm using three email addresses and t...

Format of data import from a database
I have a spreadsheet that has data imported from SQL Server or even MS Access that has dollar amount fields. The field is coming over as a text field and even if I format the cells as currency it won't apply the formatting until I actually double click in the cell and press enter. Is there a way to fix this for the entire spreadsheet so I don't have to click in each cell to force the formatting to work? This spreadsheet as over 1500 rows of data. I get this every time I export data from either SQL Server 2000 or Microsoft Access Database. Any help or information is greatly apprecia...

How do I create a chart....

Show summerised data
Hi all I'm using vb.net 2005. I have an app with a Form containing a Tab control with 5 pages. 1 page records time booked to a particular job using a DataGridView control. All works OK. The question, how do I place on the same Tab as the DataGridView a summary of hours recorded. I have a Group By query with a Sum function that summerises the hours by job category in the Hours TableAdaptor. Its being able to display query results on the Tab that I can't do. Guidance most welcome. TIA johnb ...

Chart items moving around

Adding amount from 1 colum depending on # piece amount in colum 2
L8 through L14 has $amount, N8 through N14 has # of pieces. I need N15 to have the total $amount. Example L8 N8 23.00 2 14.00 0 5.00 1 N!4 51.00 I have searched and found a few examples but had a lot more involvement Thanks Thanks Mike What you appear to be doing can be a very simple calculation of =L8*N8+L9*N9+L10*N10 (in your given figures) but that is not a satisfactory way to handle this problem. You should be using a column which calculates the total value of each row and...

sort FUNCTION SPLITS DATA INTO TWO GROUPS
I'm using Excel '97. I had two versions of a spreadsheet I was using, and copied several lines of data from one and pasted them into the other. Now, when I sort the larger of the two the data separates into two groups. The pasted data (or newly added data) sorts first, and then the original material sorts as a second group. I've tried reformatting the columns, etc. and an stumped. Any ideas? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Rick assuming the data you are sorting on is numeric, it sounds as though one set of data is truly numeric data and the other is see...

Difference from previous week
Hi, I have a report grouped into weeks, and a total amount. I would also like to show the difference between that day's amount and the amount from 7 days ago, basically to see how much the total has increased or decreased. I've tried making the control of a textbox [total] - dlookup("total","table","total - 7") but all I get then is '0'. Thanks in advance! On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 05:12:01 -0800, s4 <s4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, >I have a report grouped into weeks, and a total amount. >I would also like to show the diffe...