chart conditional formatting

I have a line chart with 3 lines, red, blue and green. Is there any way
I can conditionally format some, but not all, points on the red line to
colour white - ie make them invisible. I have looked at Jon Peltier's
site - he addresses conditional formatting - but cannot see a solution
there. Thanks in advance to all who try to help.

--
bob777
bob777's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28504

Hi,

Have a look at my broken line example. It uses lines to mask others.
http://www.andypope.info/charts/brokenlines.htm

You can not dynamically change the colour of part of a line without
resorting to VBA code.

Cheers
Andy

bob777 wrote:
> I have a line chart with 3 lines, red, blue and green. Is there any way
> I can conditionally format some, but not all, points on the red line to
> colour white - ie make them invisible. I have looked at Jon Peltier's
> site - he addresses conditional formatting - but cannot see a solution
> there. Thanks in advance to all who try to help.

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Legend on Chart

Control Source Format for rounding
I have a box that calculates discounts or allows me to enter a manual amount. The control source for it is :=IIF([Discount]<=0, [ManDisc], ([DisTx]+[DisNTx])). The last 2 fields handle taxable and non-taxable discounts. The fields (except for manual)are percentages. These work OK, but I need it to round to only 2 decimal places. Now when it is stored in the table, it sometimes has 3 decimal places which messes with the grand total at the end of the day. Any suggestions? Thanks! On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 15:04:02 -0700, David <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have ...

Demographic chart?

[Conditional("DEBUG")] attributes
Is there anything similar to [Conditional("DEBUG")] attributes in csharp (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa288458(VS.71).aspx) where I can supply a variable instead of "DEBUG" or other define. I have few methods which I want to call only when a global variable is true. something like if (myGlobalFlagOn) { // compute param1, param2, param3 here SomeObject.MethodCall(param1, param2, param3) } I don't want to use too many if conditions. I can have some wrapper functions which can internally check the state of the variable inside but in...

Excel 2007 Line Chart with Markers

Charting/ Graph question

Conditional formatting in a cell formula
I am constructing a workbook which will hold a full season's fixtures and results as the season progresses. As there are 16 teams in the competition, there are 8 lines per week's results (home team and away team per line). To simplify things, basically this is how each week will look: [Best viewed in a fixed pitch font] | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 A | Home Team 1 | Pts For | Pts Agst | Away Team 1 | Pts For | Pts Ag [....] H | Home Team 8 | Pts For | Pts Agst | Away Team 8 | Pts For | Pts Ag Using Format | Conditional Formatting, I have set th...

Chart in Chart

Format of data import from a database
I have a spreadsheet that has data imported from SQL Server or even MS Access that has dollar amount fields. The field is coming over as a text field and even if I format the cells as currency it won't apply the formatting until I actually double click in the cell and press enter. Is there a way to fix this for the entire spreadsheet so I don't have to click in each cell to force the formatting to work? This spreadsheet as over 1500 rows of data. I get this every time I export data from either SQL Server 2000 or Microsoft Access Database. Any help or information is greatly apprecia...

How do I create a chart....

Chart items moving around

How To Chart A Formula in Excel 2007

Win XP Outlook 2003 Contact Phone Number formats
If I type in 1 300 ........... or 0418 ....... numbers they are entered in plain text without formatting nor hyphens just as I want. When I enter an 8 digit local number Outlook insists on re-formatting it with an area code in brackets and hyphen after 4 digits. Is there any way to stop this behaviour. Placing a _ at the beginning stops the beahviour, now all I need is a non visible _ I even tried unsuccessfully to remove my area code from Control Panel\ Phone and Modem Options Any help is appreciated. Cheers Ian No. Masking of phone numbers in Outlook is hard coded, based on your default ...

Custom Number Format #5
Hey Benjielop, That was fast! I tried the formula (replacing A1 with B4, where the first tag is), bu Excel 2000 gives back an error message pointing to =left*(b4,1)*.... -- Excelder ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Excelders's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1556 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27130 ...

create chart from external application
Hi, I would like to know if this is possible.... I have an application that contains an hierarchical chart. I would like to export this data into a format that Visio can *understand*, and then import it into Visio and have it display in a hierarchical manner. Does any body know if this is possible to do. .....or, if there is another way of getting my data into Visio, can you please let me know. Thanks. Here is an article that describes how to automate the org chart wizard, and how to format your data: http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/2002/articles/spotlight5_July00.aspx Hope ...

Conditional Formating Based on Selection in a Combo Box
Hello, I am using Excel 2003. I have a combo box at the end of each row where you can select one of eight options. What i would like to do is when an option is selected the row changes to a particular colour. Is there any way to do this? Hi Adrian Do you mean a combo box from Control toolbox or a drop down..If that is a combo box then link each combobox to the cell behind say in Column J..and follow the below instructions to conditional format the cells 1. Select the cell/Range (say A1:J10). Please note that the row number referenced in the formula is the row with ...

print a chart over multiple pages
I am trying to stretch a chart over multiple pages, but i just can't get it to work. I have tried all i can think including attempting to print areas individually. Any ideas? i'm using excel 2003. Thanks Hi, If the chart is on a chart page, this will not work. If the chart is embedded on a sheet, and you select the chart, it will not work. What you need to do is embed the chart and then select the range "behind - under" the chart, then you can use all of the print options, thereby printing one chart across multiple pages. Cheers, Shane "OEB1527" <O...

Auto Sum + Conditional Formatting
I would like to take one cell and have it with the Auto Sum feature. Here's the catch: I have applied a simple Conditional Formatting to a number of cells. The formatting is setup for blank formatting: equal to ="" There is nothing between the quotes, which tells the formatting that if there isnt anything in the cell, then give the cell a color. If ANY value is placed in the cell, take away the color. So with that said, is there a way to have the Auto Sum feature add up those cells and tell me how many that are left that need a value? For example, if there are 60 cells to...

Embed Chart
Is it possible to link a chart into my current worksheet like an embedded chart (or something)? Thanx. Brian - I'm not sure what you're asking. If you copy a chart from one workbook (or worksheet) and paste it into another, it will retain its links to the original source of its data. You can change its source data (to its new parent worksheet) using Source Data from the Chart menu. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ briank wrote: > Is it possible to link a chart into my current worksheet > like an...

Names on a Bubble Chart
Hi There, I am wondering on how I can put the "names" on my bubbles...? I've the following data where I would like to make a bubble chart with ... The bubble chart in itself works fine, I just do not manage to get the corresponding name (Product1, 2,...) on each bubble: NS AGP Growth Product1 9,052,494 22 (31) Product2 1,574,341 32 (25) Product3 1,759,511 3 (45) Product4 1,539,132 13 (69) Any thoughts? Jen ...