Is there a way to change the way Excel displays selected cells?  I'm
interested in viewing all the selected cells highlighted (with light blue for
instance), but by default excel highlights all the cells but not the first one
the same occurs when you define a range with no adyacents cells
0
PBoric (2)

Your definition of the display is not quite correct.

Excel highlights the current cell, Excel also highlights a selecte
range.

The currently selected cell is generally the first of a range, bu
press enter and the current cell changes and becomes the second, the
third etc in the range.

You cannot have a cell not currently selected, which is what you ar
indirectly asking for in your colour display

--
Bryan Hesse
Bryan Hessey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2105

Correct way for getting a DIB from DDB
Hi to all of you, I'm little confused about something regarding the usage of a DIB and the word alignment. I have a CBitmap ( DDB ) already initialized and I want to create from that a DIB. Here's the code: /----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------/ CClientDC dc(this); CDC memdc; memdc.CreateCompatibleDC(&dc); CBitmap Bmp; Bmp.CreateCompatibleBitmap(&dc,width, height); CBitmap* old=(CBitmap*)memdc.SelectObject(&Bmp); BYTE *pbuf; BITMAPINFO bitInfo; bitInfo.bmiHeader.biSize=sizeof(BITMAPINFOHEADER); bitInfo.bmiHeader....

How do I open a Quattro Pro ".qpw" file with MS Excel 2003?
You can't. You'll need to download and install WordPerfect Office 12 Standard Edition Trial from Corel's website. http://www.corel.com/ AFTER WordPerfect Office 12 Standard Edition Trial has been installed... Open the Quattro Pro (.qpw) file in Quattro Pro 12 by either double-clicking the file in Windows Explorer or by starting Quattro Pro from the Start Menu (under Start -> Programs -> WordPerfect Office 12 -> Quattro Pro). In Quattro Pro, click File, then click Save As... Choose "Microsoft Excel 97/2000/2002/2003" as the file type. Choose a location to sa...

how to use excel to creat an oncall schedule
i wantb to creat oncall schedule for doctors in a hospital. each 2 doctors would be on call for 12 hours a day. it can look like calendar and it should calculae how many days each one was oncall up to date. ...

Excel 04-07-10
When I type a line in Excel the printing gravitates to the top of the line and not the bottom. How do I change that? Format --> Cell --> [Alignment] tab and choose the Vertical Alignment setting you want: top, center, bottom, justified or distributed. "patcher" wrote: > When I type a line in Excel the printing gravitates to the top of the line > and not the bottom. How do I change that? Format the cells to have bottom alignment in the Horizontal option. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 7 Apr 2010 07:58:01 -0700, patcher <patcher@discussion...

getpivotdata in excel 2007
=+GETPIVOTDATA(pivot1,$A$3 & " " &B$2 & " " &A5) I'm trying to return pivot table data to another sheet. The range of the pivot table is called "pivot1" and the reference cells represent (name of doc), (date), (procedure type). I get a REF# I have spent hours already and need a solution fast. Please Fern wrote: > =+GETPIVOTDATA(pivot1,$A$3 & " " &B$2 & " " &A5) > > I'm trying to return pivot table data to another sheet. The range of the > pivot table is called "pivot1" and...

External data link change

Why does the change change to a number?

Is there a way to get the list command on the data toolbar?
I don't have list on my data toolbar. Is there a download for that or do I have to pay for it? I need it for a homework assignment. Thanks You need to use xl2003. That means you need to buy the newer version (or explain it to the instructor). Maybe he or she will let you slide on this section. cbuskirk20 wrote: > > I don't have list on my data toolbar. Is there a download for that or do I > have to pay for it? I need it for a homework assignment. > > Thanks -- Dave Peterson ...

how to display a activex control to toolbar?
i want to display a mfc activex control on toolbar, how to do? thanks The articel below shows how to add any control in a toolbar. THat will be a good start: http://www.codeguru.com/article.php/c2547 Another easy option might be to use a CDialogBar, which is based on a dialog template. It might be easy to add ActiveX to a dialog instead. --- Ajay ...

Is there a way to sort a column without invoking a macro?
I am trying to get a feel for some probabilistic properties. For example, I am trying to look at the statistics of the intervals between randomly occurring pulses. I have no problem getting a column of uniformly distributed pulse times, but they are unsorted, Every time I recalculate with cmd-=, I get a new unsorted set of pulse times because of the use of the RAND function. Is there a way of taking this unsorted column and pasting it into another colun that would be sorted without invoking a macro? To simplify and be more specific consider the following. 1. In A1:A100 I have a set...

Journal Recording with word & excel
My journal will not record any of the excel or word documents. I have tried re-installing office xp, checked the settings but to no avail. Under Tools-Options-Journal Options, I have selected both Word and excel to be recorded but there must be another setting elsewhere. It does not appear to be recording any transactions. Does anybody know what the problem is and how to fix it? Thanks ...

Removing Watermarks in Excel
Does anyone know how to remove the Watermarks in Excel? I have received several spreadsheets with the page numbers showing across them. I know how to remove these in Word but not Excel. Thanks! ...

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

Track Changes

Excel should have the option to merge contents when merging cells.
When Excel merges cells, it keeps only the upper-left-most contents and deletes the others. It would be nice to have the option (maybe a toggle button in the options menu) to concatenate the contents of all the merged cells, so that the information in the lower-right cells is tacked onto the end of the information inthe upper-left-most cell. This is not a big deal, but it would be a nice bell/whistle to save some steps. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I...

Simple EXCEL worksheet function
I am creating an EXCEL worksheet of people's names, company and location. I need to do a simple sort on name. When the list goes beyond 250, the sort function stops working. Is this a limitation of EXCEL? If so, can I continue the list on "Sheet 2", "Sheet 3" etc and still be able to sort through all the lists as if they are one? #1. Select the entire range you want to sort--don't let excel guess. I'm guessing that you have an empty row in the real range to sort and excel is guessing wrong. #2. Nope. Excel doesn't support this type of...

more on VBA function name change

How to change icon for my application

Taking the Mode based on cell value
Could you provide a few more details about what you want to do? -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "sip8316" <sip8316@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E3F4DE24-C5E8-4911-96E6-E61A1E56DEF0@microsoft.com... > ...

How to change newsgroup message font

Change a formula to an acual number

Problem Changing an Investment Name