Changing the row reference in a link

I would like to be able to change the row that a cell references by entering a number in a cell.  I have a sheet that automatically updates various data (such as stock prices).  I then have another sheet that has a standardized report format.  I would like to have a cell linked to the stock price (such as =Data!F19) but have a cell so that I could change the row link from 19 to another number by just entering that number in a cell on the standardized report sheet (something like =Data!F(A2)).  I would like to avoid a macro if possible..

Thanks

Try this:

=INDIRECT("Data!F"&A2)
--

HTH,

RD

"Bud" <bud.haslett@writecapital.com> wrote in message
I would like to be able to change the row that a cell references by entering
a number in a cell.  I have a sheet that automatically updates various data
(such as stock prices).  I then have another sheet that has a standardized
report format.  I would like to have a cell linked to the stock price (such
as =Data!F19) but have a cell so that I could change the row link from 19 to
another number by just entering that number in a cell on the standardized
report sheet (something like =Data!F(A2)).  I would like to avoid a macro if
possible...

Thanks

0
ragdyer1 (4060)

External data link change

Why does the change change to a number?

Sum numbers in a column beyond a certain row, how to?
How to sum numbers in a column beyond a certain row? hi, i don't know if i understand your question correctly, =Sum(A1:A10) -- isabelle Le 2012-02-15 01:25, marsup a �crit : > How to sum numbers in a column beyond a certain row? On Feb 17, 11:30=A0am, isabelle <i...@v.org> wrote: > hi, > > i don't know if i understand your question correctly, > > =3DSum(A1:A10) > > -- > isabelle > > Le 2012-02-15 01:25,marsupa =E9crit : > > > > > > > > > How to sum numbers in a column beyond a certain row? Thanks Isabelle, I a...

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

Track Changes

Hidden rows unhide themselves when formulas are written
I have a worksheet with many hidden rows & columns. However, when I try to write a formula in this worksheet, these hidden rows & columns automatically unhide themselves. Is there any way to disable this? ...

more on VBA function name change

How to change icon for my application

How to change newsgroup message font

linked sheets
Hi all I have a spreadsheet with a number of sheets. on sheet one is a merge row in column a with the heading and then various rows with the data A N 123 B A 123 C M 334 D E 233 The first 3/4 rows are identical on the next sheets and are linked to sheet 1 (if sheet 1 changes the data changes). However I may need to add a new row in sheet one (in example above a new row between the 123 and 123. Is there a way that will update the new row on the other sheets. Any suggestions greatly appreciated Rexmann Ps I use Excel XP on the sheets other than sheet1 in column A use =indirect...

Change a formula to an acual number

Refering to lowest record in select subquery
HI All, In the subquery below how would I refer to the lowest 3 orderID? Thanks in advance for any help SELECT Orders.CustomerID, Orders.OrderDate, Orders.OrderID FROM Orders WHERE Orders.OrderID IN (SELECT TOP 3 OrderID FROM Orders AS Dupe WHERE Dupe.CustomerID = Orders.CustomerID ORDER BY Dupe.OrderDate DESC, Dupe.OrderID DESC) ORDER BY Orders.CustomerID, Orders.OrderDate, Orders.OrderID ORDER BY Dupe.OrderDate DESC, Dupe.OrderID ASC) You might need to remove " Dupe.OrderDate DESC, "...

Problem Changing an Investment Name

Total row in report
I have a spreadsheet that I would like to total at the bottom. But I don't want to have to keep inserting rows when it fills up. Is there a way to have the total at the very bottom of the spreadsheet, but still have it print out on a report with all the data? Hi The usual way around this is to have a Totals line at the top of the list, under the titles, and then use Window/Freeze Panes so you can see it all of the time. -- Andy. "Moo" <moo@nospam.com> wrote in message news:LzT4e.5261$jR3.8@edtnps84... >I have a spreadsheet that I would like to total at the b...

Should I change this code?

Need to reference a block of cells from another sheet.
Dear All, apologies if this is probably a mundane question, but I didn't know what 'search terms' to put in google to return any results.. I've got a Spreadsheet with 12 tabs (sheets), I need part of tab 12 (sheet) to appear on tabs 1-11 (sheets), so that if I change data in tab 12 (sheet), tabs 1-11 (sheets) are changed too.. the cells themselves will never move location, just the data within them.. Is it possible? Regards Paul. On your sheet1 select the cell that should receive the data from Sheet12; Hold down the Shift key and Click on Sheet11 << this shoul...

How to change default font in Outlook 2003

BUG?!: PP 2007 does display all "Paste as link" charts of Excel 20
I discovered a bug in Excel / PP 2007 which I can easily reproduce. I have a simple "test" files if somebody wants to take a look. The basic outline is like this. 1) I create some graphs in Excel with considerable distance, so that they are not both visible on the screen simontainously. 2) I copy (by selecting a range containing the graphs), then paste-link (as dynamic graphics) the two chars into PP, each in its separate slide. 3) Now, If I rightclick and choose "update", the one which is not visible in Excel will not be shown! To me, it seems like Excel saves...

icon changes with change of extension

HELP!!! Missing Links!!!
Please can someone please tell me how to locate where a corup link in a spreadsheet might be. When I open up my workbook it tells me that it "contains one or more links that can not be updated." I then choose EDIT --> LINKS to check the status of the links but all the links show as being just fine. There are no broken links. But when I open up the file again I get the same message. Does anyone know how to nerrow it down so i can find out what link seems to be broken/missing? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Steve Download and use Findlink http://www.bmsltd.ie/MVP/...

Field Type Change

Tracking Changes