Changing Case In Excel

If you type in the wrong case in word, you can hit shift
F3 and it changes the case (e.g. lower to caps etc).  Is
there any way to do this in Excel?
0
mikmahone (1)

If your text is in say, A1. At a different cell, say
B1,you can use the following formula:
1) to change the string to upper case: =upper(cell
reference)
2) to change the string to lower case: =lower(cell
refernce)
3) to change the string to sentence case: =proper(cell
reference)

Then copy and paste value of B1 to remove the formula.

Lynn

0
hweely (4)
10/8/2003 12:55:47 PM
Chip Pearson has some macros at:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/case.htm
That you might like.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Excel 04-07-10
When I type a line in Excel the printing gravitates to the top of the line and not the bottom. How do I change that? Format --> Cell --> [Alignment] tab and choose the Vertical Alignment setting you want: top, center, bottom, justified or distributed. "patcher" wrote: > When I type a line in Excel the printing gravitates to the top of the line > and not the bottom. How do I change that? Format the cells to have bottom alignment in the Horizontal option. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 7 Apr 2010 07:58:01 -0700, patcher <patcher@discussion...

how to use excel to creat an oncall schedule
i wantb to creat oncall schedule for doctors in a hospital. each 2 doctors would be on call for 12 hours a day. it can look like calendar and it should calculae how many days each one was oncall up to date. ...

External data link change

getpivotdata in excel 2007
=+GETPIVOTDATA(pivot1,$A$3 & " " &B$2 & " " &A5) I'm trying to return pivot table data to another sheet. The range of the pivot table is called "pivot1" and the reference cells represent (name of doc), (date), (procedure type). I get a REF# I have spent hours already and need a solution fast. Please Fern wrote: > =+GETPIVOTDATA(pivot1,$A$3 & " " &B$2 & " " &A5) > > I'm trying to return pivot table data to another sheet. The range of the > pivot table is called "pivot1" and...

Removing Watermarks in Excel
Does anyone know how to remove the Watermarks in Excel? I have received several spreadsheets with the page numbers showing across them. I know how to remove these in Word but not Excel. Thanks! ...

Journal Recording with word & excel
My journal will not record any of the excel or word documents. I have tried re-installing office xp, checked the settings but to no avail. Under Tools-Options-Journal Options, I have selected both Word and excel to be recorded but there must be another setting elsewhere. It does not appear to be recording any transactions. Does anybody know what the problem is and how to fix it? Thanks ...

Tracking time spent on a case including appointments
We came accross an interesting issue recently. When resolving a case the time appeared to be calculated incorrectly if there had been any appointments used during the case. After some further investigation, it became apparent that the total time displayed in the Case REolution dialogue box is the total of the Actual Duration fields from linked activities. The appointment duration is a different field to the Actual Duration, and the Actual Duration is not shown on the default form. The fix is easy - once the problem has been tracked down - add the Actual Duration field to the Appointm...

Why does the change change to a number?

Excel should have the option to merge contents when merging cells.
When Excel merges cells, it keeps only the upper-left-most contents and deletes the others. It would be nice to have the option (maybe a toggle button in the options menu) to concatenate the contents of all the merged cells, so that the information in the lower-right cells is tacked onto the end of the information inthe upper-left-most cell. This is not a big deal, but it would be a nice bell/whistle to save some steps. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I...

Track Changes

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

Simple EXCEL worksheet function
I am creating an EXCEL worksheet of people's names, company and location. I need to do a simple sort on name. When the list goes beyond 250, the sort function stops working. Is this a limitation of EXCEL? If so, can I continue the list on "Sheet 2", "Sheet 3" etc and still be able to sort through all the lists as if they are one? #1. Select the entire range you want to sort--don't let excel guess. I'm guessing that you have an empty row in the real range to sort and excel is guessing wrong. #2. Nope. Excel doesn't support this type of...

more on VBA function name change

How to change icon for my application

How to change newsgroup message font

Change a formula to an acual number

Running Excel 2000 & 2007 Bug
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01CA53A0.C4136A80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am able to run 2000 and 2007 on the same machine ok except for the = following The File Type associations are messed up. I have a bunch of files that = were created in 2000 and they have the *.xls extension. I want these = files(when double clicked) to open in Excel 2000. However, Excel 2007 = is dominating this action. I have tried changing the association for the *.xls file type to version = 200...

Problem Changing an Investment Name

Should I change this code?

Nonnumerical Axis in Excel Charts
Hello, Essentially, when plotting a series of Acid/Base ratios in cells with text formatting (ex. "0/100", "10/90", etc.") (X-axis) versus temperature change per ratio (Y-axis), Excel charts the actual row numbers (ex. 1, 2, 3, etc.) for the X-axis instead of "0/100", "10/90", etc. Fraction and Number formatting of the ratio cells does not change this either. Thank you. Robert Agee Purdue University It depends which chart type you use. If you use column chart type, the X axis should be your lables (10/90, etc.) not row numbers. If you use ...

Excel File Portection/Password
I have an excel document created in excel 02. I now need to open the doc in excel 2000. It is pwd protected but it won't open in excel 2000. Is there a work around? Hi Drew the file should open in Excel 2000 without a problem (after entering the password of course). What kind of error do you get? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Drew wrote: > I have an excel document created in excel 02. I now need > to open the doc in excel 2000. It is pwd protected but it > won't open in excel 2000. Is there a work around? Hi Frank, It says the password is wrong. Thi...

Pasword protected Excel file encrypted, how do I read this file?
I password protected an important file. My husband downloaded the Office 2003 upgrade last night. Now when I try to access the file I get this message...This is an Excel file, I don't know why it looks encrypted or why I can't access it. This file is not in a recognizable format. If you know the file is from another program which is incompatible with Microsoft Office Excel, click Cancel, then open this file in its orginal application. If you want to open the file later in Microsoft office Excel, save it in a format that is compatible, such as text format. If you suspect the...