Changing a result ending in 32ths to 16ths i.e. 5 5/32 to 5 3/16

I have a cell where a number (variable) i.e. 10 5/16 which in another cell I
have to divide it in half. The problem is that the number will end with a 32
fraction like 5 5/32. I need that or any other result to end in 16 i.e. 5
3/16. I work in a carton corrugator and we don't use 32ths in measures. We
use 16ths and up. Please help!
0
WGL (3)

In recent versions of Excel:

Format>Cells>Fraction>as sixteenths

In older versions:

Format>Cells>Custom># ?/16

--

Kind Regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel

"WGL" <WGL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a cell where a number (variable) i.e. 10 5/16 which in another cell
> have to divide it in half. The problem is that the number will end with a
32
> fraction like 5 5/32. I need that or any other result to end in 16 i.e. 5
> 3/16. I work in a carton corrugator and we don't use 32ths in measures. We
> use 16ths and up. Please help!

0
nicolaus (2022)
8/28/2004 7:47:27 PM
Thanks Niek, but, that does not solve my problem.
I need the cell to finish in any other fraction but 32ths. In other words,
if the result finish in a 32th, I want to make a formula that sums a .03125
to that result.

"Niek Otten" wrote:

> In recent versions of Excel:
>
> Format>Cells>Fraction>as sixteenths
>
> In older versions:
>
> Format>Cells>Custom># ?/16
>
> --
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Niek Otten
>
> Microsoft MVP - Excel
>
> "WGL" <WGL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have a cell where a number (variable) i.e. 10 5/16 which in another cell
> > have to divide it in half. The problem is that the number will end with a
> 32
> > fraction like 5 5/32. I need that or any other result to end in 16 i.e. 5
> > 3/16. I work in a carton corrugator and we don't use 32ths in measures. We
> > use 16ths and up. Please help!

0
WGL (3)
8/29/2004 7:31:04 PM
Do the division, multiply the result by 16, round it to zero decimal places
and then divide the answer by 16.  With the starting value in A1:

=ROUND(A1/2*16,0)/16

Sandy

--
to e-mail direct replace @mailintor.com with @tiscali.co.uk

> Thanks Niek, but, that does not solve my problem.
> I need the cell to finish in any other fraction but 32ths. In other words,
> if the result finish in a 32th, I want to make a formula that sums a
..03125
> to that result.
>
> "Niek Otten" wrote:
>
> > In recent versions of Excel:
> >
> > Format>Cells>Fraction>as sixteenths
> >
> > In older versions:
> >
> > Format>Cells>Custom># ?/16
> >
> > --
> >
> > Kind Regards,
> >
> > Niek Otten
> >
> > Microsoft MVP - Excel
> >
> > "WGL" <WGL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I have a cell where a number (variable) i.e. 10 5/16 which in another
cell
> > > have to divide it in half. The problem is that the number will end
with a
> > 32
> > > fraction like 5 5/32. I need that or any other result to end in 16
i.e. 5
> > > 3/16. I work in a carton corrugator and we don't use 32ths in
measures. We
> > > use 16ths and up. Please help!

0
sandymann (252)
8/29/2004 8:05:41 PM
YEESSSSS!
Exactly!
That's what I need, Sandy.......

Thanks a lot!

Willy

"Sandy Mann" wrote:

> Do the division, multiply the result by 16, round it to zero decimal places
> and then divide the answer by 16.  With the starting value in A1:
>
> =ROUND(A1/2*16,0)/16
>
> Sandy
>
> --
> to e-mail direct replace @mailintor.com with @tiscali.co.uk
>
> "WGL" <WGL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks Niek, but, that does not solve my problem.
> > I need the cell to finish in any other fraction but 32ths. In other words,
> > if the result finish in a 32th, I want to make a formula that sums a
> ..03125
> > to that result.
> >
> > "Niek Otten" wrote:
> >
> > > In recent versions of Excel:
> > >
> > > Format>Cells>Fraction>as sixteenths
> > >
> > > In older versions:
> > >
> > > Format>Cells>Custom># ?/16
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > Kind Regards,
> > >
> > > Niek Otten
> > >
> > > Microsoft MVP - Excel
> > >
> > > "WGL" <WGL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> cell
> with a
> > > 32
> i.e. 5
> measures. We

0
WGL (3)
8/29/2004 10:01:03 PM
Your welcome.  It's exactly the same answer that JE McGrimpsey gave to
another poster asking the same question on 23rd August.

Regards

Sansy

--

> YEESSSSS!
> Exactly!
> That's what I need, Sandy.......
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> Willy
>
> "Sandy Mann" wrote:
>
> > Do the division, multiply the result by 16, round it to zero decimal
places
> > and then divide the answer by 16.  With the starting value in A1:
> >
> > =ROUND(A1/2*16,0)/16
> >
> > Sandy
> >
> > --
> > to e-mail direct replace @mailintor.com with @tiscali.co.uk
> >
> > "WGL" <WGL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Thanks Niek, but, that does not solve my problem.
> > > I need the cell to finish in any other fraction but 32ths. In other
words,
> > > if the result finish in a 32th, I want to make a formula that sums a
> > ..03125
> > > to that result.

> > cell
> > with a
> > i.e. 5
> > measures. We

0
sandymann (252)

Copy a Range of Data Beginning and Ending with a Certain Value
I don't know if I need a macro or a simple formula. I have a table set up where data is entered by the user. I take that data and add data to it, and the compilation is placed in a different area. The compilation has a lot of values that aren't needed all the time, but might be needed in other circumstances. Below is a row out of my table. A B C D E 1 2083.25 2383.25 2448.23 2511.02 2811.02 This data is taken and put into a column that has data before A1, data in between A1, B1, C1, D...

Charts don't update when data is changed, why not?
Can someone help? My Excel has somehow ended up in a weird mode where the charts don't change when the underlying data changes. The only way to get a current chart is to close Excel and reopen it. For example, if I were to construct a chart using two columns of numbers, it will plot correctly. But if I go back and place a negative sign in front of every y-axis datum, the chart won't change until I close the file and reopen it. I assume I have a config issue somewhere, but I can't find it. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance. /frank I suppose it would be helpful if I mention...

moving 450 active e-mail addresses from Excel to Outlook Express
i want to copy 450 E-mail addresses(active) from Excel to Outlook Express where they will be used to form various Groups. How do I copy/move these addresses? Hi AFAIK Outlook can import *.csv files -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "ragman10" <ragman10@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:EE7E24D0-B7EE-4741-8B2F-D00223A3916C@microsoft.com... > i want to copy 450 E-mail addresses(active) from Excel to Outlook Express > where they will be used to form various Groups. How do I copy/move these > addresses? ...

CRM-Exchange E-mail Router -- Undeliverable
I am trying to setup a new installation of CRM 3.0 with the CRM-Exchange E-mail Router. The installation had no errors. I setup a standard user account and mailbox to work with the CRM Router. I then used the "Rules Wizard" to apply the forwarding rules to my two CRM user accounts. The forwarding is working, but the emails that are forwarded to the CRM Router mailbox are ending up in the "Undeliverable" folder and obviously not getting into the CRM database. Any guidence would be appreciated. Thank you. Bill Actually had the same issue. Still hasn't been r...

Start & End of Year
I have a DateWkd field in my Database query and would like to calculate the hours worked for this year from the 1st July 2006 to the 30th June 2007 if I filter for 2007 in the date field, and like wise if I filter for 2006, the year would be 1st July 2005 to 30th June 2006 Thanks Peter On 20 Apr 2007 09:56:55 -0700, psowerby@murton-view.freeserve.co.uk wrote: >I have a DateWkd field in my Database query and would like to >calculate the hours worked for this year from the 1st July 2006 to the >30th June 2007 if I filter for 2007 in the date field, and like wise >if I filter for...

Home Publishing 2000 #3
After getting a new computer with Windows XP, and also recently installing MS Publisher 2003, my Home Publishing 2000 will only install in the MINIMAL (partial installation) setting but not in the TYPICAL (which is a complete installation). It gives me this message: D:\mhp\Common\MSShared\Clipart\std2prem\std2prem.mm Microsoft no longer supports this 1999 program. Any ideas about how I can get this program to reinstall completely? Please e-mail me: JB20852@wmconnect.com Looks like a Clip Gallery error. .mmc is the clipart catalog. Publisher uses the Organizer. Perhaps there is a conflic...

change a Field into a Combo Box
Hello, I've a form with a combo box. When you choose something in thise Combo Box, it set some Fields on the same form. But now, I like to see also a change from a Field into a Combo Box. How can I do this? Regards, Frits van Leeuwen Frits If you open the form in design view, highlight one of those textboxes (they are "fields" in a table, but "controls" in a form or report), you can change it from textbox to combobox. Be aware, however, that you will still need to tell Access how to set up that (new) combobox. -- Regards Jeff B...

E-Mail Address Recipient Policy
Environment is win2k3/Exchange 2k3. I'm hosting three smtp domains (company1.com, company2.com, and company3.com). My default active-directory domain is company.local. I have created a new RECIPIENT POLICY for each of the new domains (in addition to the default recipient policy that is already there. On each of the new recipient policies, I created the appropriate smtp domain (e.g. @company1.com, etc.). The question is, what do I do with the DEFAULT smtp domain (company.local) that is included in all three of my NEW recipient policies? Am I supposed to remove it, or do I j...

I STRONGLY RECOMMEND THIS MLM PROGRAM(turn $3.7 in to 1,434,892.8 by e-gold) #2
It's NOT illegal and it is NOT a scam !!!!!. Hello every body , Im Behrooz Farhangirad , After so much seeking and asking about a good MLM program that not to be a fraud , guaranteed earnings, low investment with a high and fast payments , pay with e-gold , free and simple join and some other services for free such as advertising ,.... I m be glad to introduce one of them , I joined to this program two weeks ago, and i have got a good result ,you can see my earning bill if you want ,contact me. I strongly recommend you to join , follow me: 1) You should open an e-gold account for...

Changing Drop Down Lists
Hi all, Does anyone know for sure what will happen if I try and completely change the values in a dropdown list that is already in use? Our Sales Team have decided that rather than having leads characterised as Cold-Warm-Hot they want the percentage of likelihood to close the deal. But, of course we already have leads with Cold-Warm-Hot against them. Thanks. Hi Sarah, You can rename the values if they map to the new situation. If not, then I'd suggest you to add a new field and then populate this field by hand (or programatically if possible). Hope this helps, -- Ronald Lemmen...

IF statement #5
Is there a way to use an IF statement to do the following: Start time End time Total Hr Nights Days Evenings 0700 1900 12 0 8 4 1900 0700 12 8 4 Thank you Fay Hi You can calculate hours for case with midnight rollover by formula =EndTime-StartTime+(EndTime<StartTime) (NB! The formula works when time interval is less than 24 hours) The formulas to calculate night, day or evening time must include according start/end times, and will be quite complex. P.e. yo have times DayStart ...

exchange 5.5 queue issues....
Help, I have an exchange 5.5 box; for only another (4) wks... but I have a ton of SMTP mail stuck in the following folders... C:\exchsrvr\mailroot\Queue I can not delete, as it says there is a sharing violation... what are they from and how do I clear out... thanks for any help AL as far as I know, exhcange 5.5 dont have mailroot folder. can you describe your server setup? Me "Al" <ascssmith@gmail.com> wrote in message news:OMZ8p5dnFHA.4056@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Help, I have an exchange 5.5 box; for only another (4) wks... but I have a > ton of SMTP mail stu...

Is it possible to plot 3 surfaces in a Pivot Chart? (Repost)
Hello May I please ask for your kind help? I have 5 variables - a, b, c, d, and Fitness. When I create a Pivot Chart, with Fitness=height, I obtain one chart with ONE surface. It is very useful to plot everything on one chart, however I would like to plot several surfaces on the chart. In other words, to me a surface is a 3D plot of variable Fitness vs variables a and b, holding values for variables c and d constant. Example 1. Suppose variable c can take on 3 values, and variable d can take on 4 values. This means that there can be 3*4=12 combinations of variables c and d....

Summing and Counting based on 3 criteria
I am trying to sum and count based on 3 criteria from another tab with no luck. Example I want the sum of the criteria in column P in sheet2 if column B="Phoenix", column E="1", and column j="807" and return that to a cell in sheet1. Same scenerio with the counting. Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks Todd Hi try =SUMPRODUCT(--('sheet2'$B$1:$B$100="Phoenix"),--('sheet2'$E$1:$E$100=1) ,--('sheet2'$J$1:$j$100=807),'sheet2'$P$1:$P$100) if your numeric values are stored as real numeric values. -- Regards Fra...

How do I change the mispelling of my last name in my emails?
For some reason, my last name is mispelled in my emails. Who or how do I correct this problem? If it a POP3 or IMAP account, you can make the change in the account properties at tools,accounts, view or change accounts - you need to select your account and change it. If it's an Exchange account, you need to speak to your administrator. On 4/24/06 9:08 PM, in article E75BD5A2-FFE5-4905-B47D-110E31598C51@microsoft.com, "Marti" <Marti@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > For some reason, my last name is mispelled in my emails. Who or how do I > correct this problem...

How do I change the thickness of a border (3 sizes is not enough)
I need to copy a table into an AutoCAD drawing and have the lineweights of the table match a previously drawn line. The three thicknesses of lines given in the Borders toolbar are not enough - I need to access the thicknesses in the Line Style list - how do I do this? Durbien, There are only 4 available line weights for line weight for borders. If you want heavier, then you will need to draw your own lines over the borders and use code like ActiveSheet.Shapes.AddLine(Range("A10").Left, _ Range("A10").Top, Range("F10").Left, _ Range("F10&q...

Counting Cells #3
I want to be able to count the number of cells that have coloured text from a range of cells. Is their a way to do this, I tried "countif" but was unable to get it working. Thanks See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html for a solution. -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "Missile" <Missile@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A3FCE1A8-D5FE-49CD-B7B8-8B08C493F9F2@microsoft.com... > I want to be able to count the number of cells that have coloured text from a > range of cells. Is their ...

Routing question #3
All, I have a question for the group. It's more of a confirmation than anything else, though. I have recently added a second exchange server to my domain so I can move mailboxes, etc. onto a clean box. They are both talking and passing mail now, as would be expected. However, I have had to disable my smarthost setting on my SMTP vitrual servers to make that happen. I would like to enable my smarthost for external mail delivery, while allowing internal mail to simply travel through the exchange connector as you would normally expect. To do this, I plan on creating a connector for "@m...

Field changed from Single to Double issue..
I have an Access 2000 DB (I think it's 2000, it's whatever comes with Visual Studio 6.0).. Simply put, I have a field that is of type "Single" that contains the value 0.3. When I modify that field and make it "Double", access automatically converts the values, as it should, but returns 0.300001192 in the field.. I understand that there can be precision issues sometimes in comparisons and such, but is this NORMAL for Access to do as well? Is there any simple work around or patch? I suppose I can write an SQL statement to take care of this, but that isn...

sharing the same mailbox between 3 users
Hi, My enterprise want to exchange signed and crypted mails with another one. The entreprise we work with send us email to a unique adress user1@et.com. We have created the AD and the exchange user "user1" with an SSL certificate for decrypting and signing emails. But what we want to do is the following : - 3 users (john , dan & betty) must read the emails send to "user1" - john, dan & betty must reply to the external society via user1 identity but without logout and login with user1 identity How can we proceed ? thanks in advance ...

Changing Font of Group Heading in Task View
How do I change the font size/type of a group heading in the Task window pane? I only want to change the group heading, not the rest of the tasks that fall under it. I believe that by default the entire heading row is shaded in blue, which is okay. Thanks. -- Richard Owen http://forums.slipstick.com ...

Outlook 2003 and Active Sync 3.7.1
Are there any known issues upgrading from Outlook 2002 to 2003 if you have a pocket PC and active sync 3.7.1? I have had a lot of trouble with the active sync product but it has now worked faithfully for a week, which is a new record. I don't want it to break with a new version of Outlook. active sync 3.7.1 is working fine for me under outlook 2003. however i've never done an upgrade of office. i always do a complete uninstall of the previous version, reboot, and then install the new version or just go with a clean install of operating system + office. -- Neo [MVP Outlook] ...

change csv list separator in excel 2007 Dutch version
I have Windows XP english version and office 2007 Dutch version. When creating a csv file from excel 2007 file a semi colon (;) is used as list separator instead of a comma (,). I already tried to change the list separator to a comma via Control Panel>Regional and Language options>Customize This does not work. When I change my current format to English (Control Panel>Regional and Language options) the list separator in the csv file changes to a comma. Is there a workaround so that I don't have to change the format every time? Thanks John Won't you have...

Change SMTP port for exchange 2003 ??
I currently have mimesweeper for smtp installed on my gateway. I also want to install MS Exchange 2003 on the same server. When i do, either mimesweeper or exchange services wont start (The server is: Windows 2000 Server). I have changed the port on the server (c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc\services) for smtp from port 25 to port 19999. I have then configured mimesweeper to recieve mail from the local host on port 19999 (ie mail that enters the server is automatically redirected to and picxked up by mimesweeper. My problem is however that i still can`t get exchange smtp to start, let alone del...

E-mails from outside can not come into CRM queue
We have installed CRM 1.2 + Exchange 2000. Then configured the e-mail user for the queue according to the manual, attributes are set up properly, etc. etc. The problem is: absolutely no e-mails could be received by the Queue from outside. Also, very interesting is the fact that so far only one person from INSIDE (from our domain I mean) can send emails to the queue. Everyone is saying CRM router does not accept traffic from intranet, but I am sure, the member of our domain can send messages to CRM queue and they are displayed there properly. What could be the cause of the problem? Impr...