I have a working SUMPRODUCT formula
{=SUMPRODUCT(($C$4:$C$4341=z8)*(audittypefm1="Standard"))} that I need
to change the 1st array to C5623. When I do I get a #N/A error.  I've
tried giving the range a name (empnofm2), and I've verified all the
data in the C4:C5623 range is formated the same (general, it is all
employee numbers from 2 to 5 digits long.  I'm using a "trim all" macro
which is working great.  I am unable to determine what is causing the
#N/A and how to fix it.  Basically I copied an entire worksheet within
the same workbook and changed the name, which I will continue to do for
each fiscal month.  I then import the new FM data from Access and make
any necessary changes to formulas and range names to ensure totals are
accurate..  This is the only part that's not working.

HELP

Thanks
Chrism

0
cmoreau (10)

Is it possible that the two ranges are not of the same size??

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Chrism" <cmoreau@llbean.com> wrote in message
> I have a working SUMPRODUCT formula
> {=SUMPRODUCT(($C$4:$C$4341=z8)*(audittypefm1="Standard"))} that I need
> to change the 1st array to C5623. When I do I get a #N/A error.  I've
> tried giving the range a name (empnofm2), and I've verified all the
> data in the C4:C5623 range is formated the same (general, it is all
> employee numbers from 2 to 5 digits long.  I'm using a "trim all" macro
> which is working great.  I am unable to determine what is causing the
> #N/A and how to fix it.  Basically I copied an entire worksheet within
> the same workbook and changed the name, which I will continue to do for
> each fiscal month.  I then import the new FM data from Access and make
> any necessary changes to formulas and range names to ensure totals are
> accurate..  This is the only part that's not working.
>
> HELP
>
> Thanks
> Chrism

0
Don
5/4/2005 1:15:29 PM
did you also change the range for "audittypefm1" to have the same number of
cells?
 arrays in sumproduct have to be the same size

"Chrism" wrote:

> I have a working SUMPRODUCT formula
> {=SUMPRODUCT(($C$4:$C$4341=z8)*(audittypefm1="Standard"))} that I need
> to change the 1st array to C5623. When I do I get a #N/A error.  I've
> tried giving the range a name (empnofm2), and I've verified all the
> data in the C4:C5623 range is formated the same (general, it is all
> employee numbers from 2 to 5 digits long.  I'm using a "trim all" macro
> which is working great.  I am unable to determine what is causing the
> #N/A and how to fix it.  Basically I copied an entire worksheet within
> the same workbook and changed the name, which I will continue to do for
> each fiscal month.  I then import the new FM data from Access and make
> any necessary changes to formulas and range names to ensure totals are
> accurate..  This is the only part that's not working.
>
> HELP
>
> Thanks
> Chrism

0
BJ (832)
5/4/2005 1:21:03 PM
EXACTLY!
I named the ranges so missed that they referred to differently sized
ranges.

Again-I go this newsgroup and get a great & fast answer.

THANKS

0
cmoreau (10)
5/4/2005 2:40:07 PM
glad to help

--
> EXACTLY!
> I named the ranges so missed that they referred to differently sized
> ranges.
>
> Again-I go this newsgroup and get a great & fast answer.
>
> THANKS

0
Don

External data link change

AddIn Functions Have File Path and #NAME? Error
Hello, How do I get Excel 2007 to drop the file path on formulas with Excel addin functions in them? I've just upgraded from Office 2003 to 2007 on XP and am having some trouble with my Excel addin workbook functions. There are a number of addins that are kept in a directory on the computer, C:\ExcelAddins. They are updated from time to time and so everyone has them in this directory on there computer so IT can upload updates. After the Office 2007 upgrade I added all these addins to Excel 2007. In 2003 I would be able to access the addin functions by typing in the name and pa...

Why does the change change to a number?

Reports error 05-17-07
I have recently migrated our CRM database to a new SQL 2005 server. I have setup reportserver on the server which works fine. When accessing Reports in CRM, I get mixed results: On the CRM server, the report window opens fine but with no reports On the SQL server, I get an error message "ERROR: An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator" On other PC's I get the same error message. Is this a CRM error or a Report services error? It is getting slightly confusing now. Many thanks, Neil Paddock. Since you migrated the reports have you ch...

Outlook Unknown Error 0x8004060C
Hi, I have the following error message at the end of downloading new messages. The system stop and shows a popup with "Unknown Error 0x8004060C" I installed Outlook XP again but I got the same problem. Everything was working fine until...it could be an email of around 3Mb who stopped everything. I have no idea. Please help me. Thanks, Olivier I found a solution. This message means that you reach the limit of size of your pst file. You need to backup your pst file and create a new one. Or at least diminish the size of your actual pst file. Hope this will help someone, O...

Track Changes

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

more on VBA function name change

Hidden rows unhide themselves when formulas are written
I have a worksheet with many hidden rows & columns. However, when I try to write a formula in this worksheet, these hidden rows & columns automatically unhide themselves. Is there any way to disable this? ...

Stange Error when Launching Exchange Management Console
Hello everyone, Whenever I log on to my Exchange server as Administrator and launch the management console I get a strange message from the console that says: Active Directory server exchange.myserver.org is not available. Error message: A local error occured. It was running command 'get-recipient -ResultSize '1000' -SortBy 'DisplayName' -RecipientTable 'UserMailbox'. However, if I log on to the server as any other user rather than Administrator and then use the console I do not get that message. What would cause this issue with just the administrator? Th...

Insufficient Memory Error.
Hi, I'm running a query on my excel application and I have a strange problem: after running the query several times (the datas are on a sheet of the same excel file) I got this error : "Insufficient Memory" and then : "Runtime Error 7 - Insufficient Memory". Moreover, this error comes out not on all the PCs that are running the application.. For example on a Win 2000 Pro and Office 2000 Standard I got the problem, but with a Win NT and Office 2000 Standard the problem does not occours... I've noticed that on the PCs where I got the problem, everytime I run the quer...

How to change icon for my application

How do I identify if a cell in excel contains a formula or a numbe
I would like to identify some how if a cell contains just a written number (ex "25000") or contains a formula. I would like to do this because I have an array where some cell contains formulas but some are numbers and I would like to be able to use conditional formating to highlight the cells that just have a number. Regards /Tobias Click on the cell and look at the formula bar. The formula or the value will appear there. Ian "Tobias Andersson" <Tobias Andersson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:739C49F9-91D7-4F0C-8581-FF04AF3E9375@microsoft.com...

How to change newsgroup message font

Average formula #6
What formula do I use to calculate a weekly average as the monthly tota changes? Example: july total value divided by 28weeks, august value divided b 32 weeks, sept value divided by 36 weeks and so on In other words, a weekly average as each month ends and the value i entered I hope someone understands this and can help thanks so much lesli -- onyx481 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- onyx4813's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2630 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47137 As...

Change a formula to an acual number

How do I use cond format formula to set cell text and color?
Using MS Excel 2003: As and example, I entered into Conditional Format for cell B1: "Formula is", IF(A1="","Test",""). For true condition, the format is set to fill Yellow and font color red. I'm expecting cell B1 to display, "Test" in red text with yellow background when A1 is blank, but it does not work. No errors are displayed. Any ideas? in my experience you can only set the format,you cant have the word test show up.Apply the format condition only using =A1="" and put a seperate if statement in the cell.If it blank ...

OL 2000 smtp error
My client receives the following error message when sending message, this happens about 9/10 times, and after the error pops up a few time the message goes through...any ideas? "The TCP/IP connection was unexpectly terminated by the server. Account:XXXX, SMTP Server: mail.uu.net, Error NUmber 0x800ccc0f" Marc ...

Problem Changing an Investment Name

Should I change this code?

How to change default font in Outlook 2003

How do use the if formula
How do I use an IF formula that displays PASSING if the average of the project grades is at or above 36 points and UNSATISFACTORY if that is not the case? if each score is in cells A1 to A4 then use =IF(AVERAGE(A1:A4)>=36,"PASSING ","UNSATISFACTORY ") -- John MOS Master Instructor Office 2000, 2002 & 2003 Please reply & rate any replies you get Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders) "Fahim" wrote: > How do I use an IF formula that displays PASSING if the average of the > project grades is at or above 36 points and UNSATIS...