change a number (100) to word (i.e Hundred)

Dears,  Is there a function or a way to change automatically a number typed
in a cell (eg: 100) as in tex format? (i.e Hundred)?

Kind regards,
Abdulssalam CH
0
Salam (1)

Take a look at

Excel FAQs - Convert Numbers To Text

--

HTH

RP

"CHA Salam" <CHA Salam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Dears,  Is there a function or a way to change automatically a number
typed
> in a cell (eg: 100) as in tex format? (i.e Hundred)?
>
> Kind regards,
> Abdulssalam CH

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
1/29/2005 10:42:50 AM
The following is a nice comprehensive answer compiled by Norman Harker.

You should try a Google search for questions as you might imagine that this
is a fairly common question.

See:

XL2000: How to Convert a Numeric Value into English Words
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q213360&

and:

XL: How to Convert a Numeric Value into English Words
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q140704&

and:

(courtesy of a cut and paste from a Tom Ogilvy post):

If you want an addin that provides a worksheet function that does this,
download Laurent Longre's free morefunc.xll addin found here:

http://longre.free.fr/english/

It is downloaded in a zip file which also contains an informative file in
'hlp' format that describes the 33 or so very useful functions included, one
of which does the number to words conversion you describe (supports various
languages and currencies).

and:
(Courtesy of Andy Wiggins FCCA) of www.BygSoftware.com

This file might be a help:
http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/zipfiles/num2wrds.zip

It's in the "Accountants" section on page:
http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/examples.htm
It contains two methods to convert numbers to words and two check writing
routines.

The code is open and commented.

And, finally:

http://groups.google.com/groups?as_umsgid=3B682245.F7B58BAF@consumer.org

A post containing a UDF by Bernie Deitrick that will take you into US budget
territory by covering amounts into trillions.

--
Regards
              Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /  XL 97/00/02/03

"CHA Salam" <CHA Salam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Dears,  Is there a function or a way to change automatically a number
typed
> in a cell (eg: 100) as in tex format? (i.e Hundred)?
>
> Kind regards,
> Abdulssalam CH

0
ken.wright (2489)

How can I change all the figures on a worksheet by a set %, witho.
Hi taking a guess here as your question was truncated (always best to have a short subject and put the details in the message) - type the percentage that you want to increase your figures by (i.e. 110% to raise them by 10%) in a cell somewhere and copy it, then select all the cells to increase and choose edit / paste special / multiply and click ok hope this helps Cheers JulieD "magsgoode" <magsgoode@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E83A105B-733C-4D99-9F2A-4989F406C412@microsoft.com... > ...

Problem after Changing the Domain Admin password
After changing the password for the domain admin users cannot log into outlook but can open WEBMAIL. If i change the admin password back and restart the the Exhange services everyone can once again log into their outlook. It is Exchange 2000 on a windows 2000 server. The exchange services are set to use the local system account. Any suggestions. ...

Value Change Event
Hi I would like to know how to make a new event that occurs when a value in an object changes. Thanks Can you give an example of what you mean? If by "an object" you mean a text box or other Access control, the control has an AfterUpdate event that you can use. For ActiveX controls, it's not quite as straight-forward. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "Chipcom" <bz1977@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1193479621.107130.239430@o38g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > Hi > > I would like to know how...

Queries about changing date format
I have a table that has a date in it and it also has the time. I need to get rid of the time and leave the date. What is the best way to do this? -- Thomas In a query? Just use format to return the date you want. DateOnly: Format([YourFieldName],"short date") -- Hope that helps! RBear3 .. "T Miller" <TMiller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7B0A8BD4-4E3B-44B5-9A8D-3522F150E469@microsoft.com... >I have a table that has a date in it and it also has the time. I need to >get > rid of the time and leave the date. What is the best w...

How to Change ITEM Average Cost in GP 10
How to Change ITEM Average Cost in GP 10 - while the feature disappeared from utility --> Inventory on release 10.0??? Inventory Tile, then from the desktop Utilities->Adjust Cost Or Microsoft Dynamics GP->Tools->Utilities->Inventory->Adjust Costs -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Mohamed Salah" wrote: > How to Change ITEM Average Cost in GP 10 - while the feature disappeared from > utility ...

change address sender outlook 2000
I receive mails from multiple accounts in outlook, most of them using internet email. But I can only use the exchange email address to send emails. Is there a workaround? (I prefer freeware...) ...

Could NOT change mail address after windows server 2003 sp1
Exchange Server 20003 SP1 on Server 2003 Enterprise After upgrade to Win Server 2003 SP1 only users who are members of Local Administrators Group (in Exchange 2003 server) can change an email address. They can create new mail enabled users (with default addresses) The error message is An Exchange Server could not be found in the domain Check if the Microsoft System Attendant service is running on the Exchange Server ID no: c10308a2 Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension What errors do you see in the event logs (specifically the application log and system log). That sounds rea...

Stop "attachments of message have changed...do you want to save?"
How do I stop receiving this message for any message for which I have merely opened an attachment, without making any change to it? This greatly depends on your version of Outlook and the type of attachment. For details see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/175 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "DaveHause" <DaveHause@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Getting a number to update
I have a form with a button that when clicked I would like to have it go to a file, get the number there, add one to it, and then save it back in that file as well as display it in the field on the form. I created a table for this number, but don't know how to program the button to do what I want it to do. The users need a new number only some of the time, and would then click the button. The number needs to be incremental by one. Would a query work best or an update? I am at a loss, please help. Thanks, First BackUp your data I assume that this table has only one record whi...

Sepatate positive and negative numbers
Hello Is it possible to automatically separate positive and negative numbers (precedeed by a minus sign) from one column into two different columns ? I'm using Excel 97. Thank you Joe If you have your list of numbers in Col A starting in Row 1 Put this formula in B1 =if(A1>0,A1,"") for pos #'s Put this formula in C1 =if(A1<0,A1,"") for neg #'s Copy the two formulae down as far as needed Note that zero will not show in either col B or -- Cutte ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Cutter's Profi...

unsend or retrieving e-mails?
Hello there! Here is a nut for the pros... Is it possible in any way to retrieve sent e-mails? Sometimes - like right now - I am a bit (read: very very) frustrated, because I have sent an e-mail to the wrong person. Once in a while I have sent mails from my draft folder, by mistake too. Are there any ways to unsend such messages or perhaps delete them before they are received on the other end of the line?? I am not alone on this, believe me. Only if you are using Exchange server and are trying to retrieve mail from the same organization that has not been opened. You can try using...

How do I count the number of "yes" boxes?
I am helping plan a conference and would like to use Access to manage/track the registrations and mailings. I have managed to get the names and addresses for the people we are inviting entered into a table. I have also added to the table a number of columns with yes/no options (examples: are they coming, are they bringing a spouse, have they paid yet). I would like to know how to get queries that will count the yes or no answers (examples: how many people are coming, how many people are having Wednesday dinner). I don't know much about Access so any suggestions will need to be r...

formula to replace cell with over 8 characters with word LAN
Hello Group, I hope someone will be able to help. I need a formula that can check each cell in column "D" and if it has over 8 characters in the cell, return a value of the word LAN in column "F". Anything with 8 or under should remain as is. There will be up to 600 row entries in column "D". example of col: 799Z 777X 79BM 08/30/06(An) 08/30/06(Put) 08/30/06(InT) 76CC I'm aware that with all the talent and expertise in the group, this is small potato's, but it is greatly appreciated. Thank you, Calop ?... =IF(LE...

Linked Excel table
Hi, Hope someone can help me. I have weird printing problem that I can' seem to fix! Here's the story ... I am using Windows XP and Offic 2003. I link excel tables into a word document (paste special/as link) There is color font in the excel table. The color always appears on th screen, but disappears when I print it to pdf or printer, *but onl from certain PC's* Hence, the problem! I've compared the settings o Word and Excel between the PC that can print the colored text and th ones that cannot. To no avail. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Philomen -- Message posted f...

round up the number
Hi, I have a table below: A B C 1. 123.60 12 2. 178.40 8 How can I set a formular to get the following results: C1 = 124 * B1 (A1's 123.60 round up to 124) C2 = 178 * B2 (A2's 178.40 round up to 178) thanks in advance! Lowan -- Lowan Try: =ROUNDUP(A2,0)*B2 "Lowan Chan" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a table below: > A B C > 1. 123.60 12 > 2. 178.40 8 > > How can I set a formular to get the following results: > C1...

Junk E-mail filter #2
The Junk E-mail filter I have learned does not work unless Outlook is running in cached mode. I am not sure I understand why this is so. The server does not provide any filtering, so unless we can put up with the delayed access time in cached mode, we can't have any filtering? Is that right? Or is there some other server-side filtering I'm not aware of? Thanks. Tim Hello Tim, Thank you for posting here. You are right that the Junk Email filter feature only supports in Cached Exchange Mode. However, on the server side, you may use the following suggestion to prevent spam: 1. ...

Change Color Font on E-mail Signature
I want to select a line on E-mail signature to go red. Even when I copy and past, it comes out black. Help Hi Ron, i dont know your version. But if you go on your signature under TOOLS|OPTIONS|MAILFORMAT|SIGNATURES|EDIT|FONTS you could create a red line! -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "Ron" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:00dc01c47a49$0f82ad00$3501280a@phx.gbl... > I want to select a line on E-mail signature to go red. > ...

Excell: Column Changes
The Excell program changed the Column labels from alpha characters to numbers. This makes it somewhat difficult to use formulas. Any ideas on how to changes back the numbers to alphabet characters ??? Tools|options|General Tab|Uncheck R1C1 reference style Doug wrote: > > The Excell program changed the Column labels from alpha characters to numbers. This makes it somewhat difficult to use formulas. Any ideas on how to changes back the numbers to alphabet characters ??? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com Tools -- Options. On the View tab, under Settings, uncheck R1C1 style. Rgds, And...

Incoming e-mails going to everyones e-mail account
I am running OfficeXP on a WindowsXP computer. I have set everyone in my family up with their own profile to log-on to our system. I then went into outlook for each profile and set-up incoming\outgoing mail for each e-mail address, in their profile so they can manage their own mail accounts. For some reason all incoming mail can be seen and read from everyone's mail account profile. And if I delete mail it deletes from all profiles. It seems to be putting all mail in a community inbox. What do I need to do to separate mail accounts? Thank You, Deborah "pugger13@nc.rr.com&qu...

How do I block someone from sending me e-mail?
There is someone that keep sending me e-mail and I want to block them in Outlook, please help. Create a rule to delete the messages as they arrive. tools, rules wizard. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "Stargolf" <Stargolf@discussions...

How to reopen and make changes to a closed contract
I have been reading the blog from ms dynamics team about opening and changing a closed appointment: http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2007/03/08/how-to-reopen-a-closed-appointment-and-make-changes-to-the-file.aspx I'm trying to do the same thing with a contract. the code I used is almost the same. I changed "Appointment" with "Contract" and the state and state Reason: state code : ' <ContractState>Active</ContractState>'+ state Reason: ' <ContractStatus>3</ContractStatus>'+ see also http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/a...

How to create a pie chart with 793 numbers? Possible?
Hi, I've been trying to create a pie chart with 793 numbers on one single colum, the column consists of various numbers and i would like to take a percentage of numbers on the column, for example there are 100 tens ranging from cell A1 to A99 and 500 1's ranging from cell A100 to A699 and other numbers, is it possilbe to create a pie chart with that many numbers? -- Every time i tried to create the pie chart using the chart wizard, the finished chart will always shown with so many different slices, any tips on how to create the pie chart would be greatly appreciated thanks in adv...

Need to insert x number of rows in a list of data

Message auto defaulted to 50% when using Word as the e-mail editor
I have a problem with Outlook defaulting the view to 50% when using Word as the e-mail editor. Does anyone know how to resolve this? Thanks! ...

Can't print bank account number on checks
I'm using Money 2005 and I can't get any of my information to print on my checks (my bank name, address, checking account number, etc), but I can get all of the payee information to print...Can anyone help me? Email responses here & mplsgal@mn.rr.com Thanks! In microsoft.public.money, Lee wrote: >I'm using Money 2005 and I can't get any of my >information to print on my checks (my bank name, address, >checking account number, etc), but I can get all of the >payee information to print...Can anyone help me? See FAQ available at http://umpmfaq.info/faq.h...