cells changing from number to date

I am putting a number in a cell, then tabbing to the next cell, the previous
cell changed from a number to a date.  How do I keep the number there?
0
mwhite1 (1)

What are you inputting, a fraction?if so, format as # ??/??

--

HTH

RP

"mwhite@srgmac.com" <mwhite@srgmac.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:E71CED6D-8370-44D1-A4BF-9A6B352205F3@microsoft.com...
> I am putting a number in a cell, then tabbing to the next cell, the
previous
> cell changed from a number to a date.  How do I keep the number there?

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)

coloured cells #2
Hi, I have a user that created a spreadsheet that is highlighted by colours in different cells. On his home computer he can see the colours but at work the spreadsheet becomes pure black and white. If he prints the spreadsheet at work, it is in colour. He used to see the colours on the screen at work also. He is using Excel 2002. Any ideas? Joyce Look if he has set this Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Accessibility Options. Click the Display tab, and then click to clear the Use High Contrast check box. Click OK to close the Accessibility Options dialog box. -- ...

How do I change the color of the font shadow in Publisher2003
I want to put a mail merge field in a publisher document and highlight it with a shadow colour other than grey. Chris <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I want to put a mail merge field in a publisher document and > highlight it with a shadow colour other than grey. Create a second text box with the merge field in, displace it slightly, send it behind the first text box and change the font colour. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

Adding weekdays in a date formula
How would you add weekdays to a formula? ex. A1 = 1/1/10 If I want to add 80 WORKDAYS (excluding weekends), what formular would I use? =(A1+80) does't work... You were close to the name... =WORKDAY(A1,80) Note that you can add a third arguement to this function to define holidays, if desired. -- Best Regards, Luke M "Handy" <Handy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F73D7071-1877-4CAE-A17D-05EE0FDD02AC@microsoft.com... > How would you add weekdays to a formula? ex. > > A1 = 1/1/10 > > If I want to add 80 WORKDAYS...

sorting error on non-merged cells
Excel 2002, WinXp Home My spreadsheet has columns for Number, Date, Text, etc. When I select a column to sort, Excel expands the selection to include all cells (as it should). When I try to sort I get the error message about merged cells having to be the same size. I looked at KB291063 but that doesn't help. The cels are NOT merged so why do they have to be the same size? What size is the error refering to (# of characters, absolute value, ?)? How do I un-merge non-merged cells so I can sort? Firstly I would never rely on Excel to expand a selection to include the data I wa...

tasks to cell phone
How can I use exchange to send tasks to cell phone. I want to do when f.e. this phone is away from the office. This is PDA phone. On 14 Dec 2005 11:38:11 -0800, "Filip - beginner" <fwitkowski@gmail.com> wrote: >How can I use exchange to send tasks to cell phone. I want to do when >f.e. >this phone is away from the office. This is PDA phone. If you're using a Smartphone you can sync tasks already with ActiveSync. "Mark Arnold [MVP]" <mark@mvps.org> wrote: >On 14 Dec 2005 11:38:11 -0800, "Filip - beginner" ><fwitkowski@gmail...

Changing column widths and decimal accurancy
Hi - I have 2 Q's for anyone happy to help... 1. Is it possible to change the column widths in some windows? I specifically would like to change the default width in the discount screens (Settings --> Product Catalog --> Discount Lists --> Discounts) so that "Begin Quantity", "End Quantity" and "Percentage" are all displayed on screen with a much small colum width. 2. How can I cange the default decimal accuracy in the smae discount screens from 5 decimal places to just 1 ? Many thanks ...

copied info for chart does not show date correctly
I have Excel 2003 I have a chart that I copy over from month to month. It shows the date that data was turned in from several different units each month. the problem is that although I enter the correct date into the excel sheet, the date from the last month shows up on some of the units. but not on all! that is what seems so odd. I checked to see the correct dates were entered and checked the source/series to see it was referring to the column with the dates I entered. but on 4 of the units (there are 11 units in total) the date is from the month before.... Any ideas? Thanks, Meenie ...

NUMBERS PROBLEM
Hi, I have exchange 2003 setup with Outlook 2003 client.In AD some of the user details appears as follows with numbers at their end.The id's work fine. legacyExchangeDN: /o=GAC Group/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=Mohammed Mannathodi63266254 legacyExchangeDN: /o=GAC Group/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=Patric Lundin53784058 legacyExchangeDN: /o=GAC Group/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=Beena Menon23767644 legacyExchangeDN: /o=GAC Group/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=Ashraf Babu82709263 legacyExchangeD...

Formatting text in a cell
Is there a way to key text in one cell that is multiple lines? We would like to be able to insert new lines where we want them. Thanks for the help!! -- akkrug Use the Formula Bar: 1. click in the formula bar 2. in the formula bar, move the cursor to the desired point of insertion 3. touch ALT-ENTER 4. enter the new line. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200855 "akkrug" wrote: > Is there a way to key text in one cell that is multiple lines? We would like > to be able to insert new lines where we want them. > > > Thanks for the help!! > -- > ak...

Finding combinations of cells that sum to near a value
Starting with a column of ~30 numbers, I'm looking for a way to have Excel find all combinations that sum to a target value +/- a specified range width. (For example, I may be looking for all combinations that sum to 1000 +/- 10.) I've found some code from Tushar Mehta that finds a list of all possible matches that sum to a number, but it doesn't allow me to put in a range to find sums to within a delta of this value. I tried modifying the code to add this in, but I couldn't get it to work right. Here is the code: http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/templates/match_values/index....

Return range from row number
Hi I have a table from which I need to find specific values based on the rows they reside in. I need to search the (n)th row to return the column number where a specific number (x) is located. Top row of table is G29:CZ29 A1=value to match (x) from another worksheet A2=row to search (n) from another calculation Is there any way to achieve this by converting the known row and its endpoints into a "range" to be inserted in the MATCH function? MATCH(A1,"range",0) e.g. if A2=93, the "range" I need to search is G122:CZ122 Thanks in advance Andy One way: ...

Too many different cell formats #6

Window Live Support
The Windows Live´┐Ż Solution Center is now available for a Windows Live Essential applications and Live Services. http://windowslivehelp.com/ 24 different categories are now available. Note: Prior links for e-form support will redirect to the above site(afaik...eform is no longer avaialable) -- ...winston ms-mvp mail Most of the posts are being posted in the future. This post was made on January 11 and it was answered today at 10:35 PM. http://windowslivehelp.com/thread.aspx?threadid=8959fac9-cacd-4ea2-833f-1bc5ec635c4f -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail &q...

Changing Tab Stop Alignment
Has anyone else noticed a problem changing tab the type of tab stop in the tab box in the corner where the rulers meet? My mouse is not changing to let me click through from one tab type to the next. All I get is a diagonal double-ended arrow and a message about double clicking to shift-drag the ruler to another location. Things are not working much better when I try to adjust margins in the ruler area, either. This is a problem in Publisher 2003-- never had this problem in previous versions. Any help or explantion would be deeply appreciated. Thanks. It is a bug... The corner tab sett...

separating multiples digit in a cell into individual cell
I have a series of number sets. When I copied from the MS Word and pasted them into Excel, all of the numbers in the set are pasted into one cell. I need those numbers to be in an individual cell. How do I do it? I think MS Excel 2003 was able to do it. I currently have Excel 2007. Please help. Thank you very much. EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice A Wrapper for the Dispatcher class of Threading Namespace to manage thread items http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/bce7889e-d2cf-42b8-a6af-2f01a383cff6/a-wrapper-for-the-dispatc.aspx Hi, You may use Data >...

cell in cell formulation possible???
Let's say I have a string of text in a cell, something like: "We may charge you $XXX fee if item is not returned in good condition." Is it possible to make that XXX a formula/calculation (based upon information entered in another cell)? ="We may charge you $" & format(A1,"#,##0.00") & " fee if item is not returned in good condition." HTH, Gary Brown "Abi" wrote: > Let's say I have a string of text in a cell, something like: > > "We may charge you $XXX fee if item is not returned in good condition." &g...

Do Not Want to count blank Cells
I copy pasted an Access dynaset (e.g., results of a crosstab query) into an Excel spreadsheet. I tried to use the function =counta(a4:z4) to count the number of entries (nonblank) in row 4. But the result is giving me 26 because it is counting blank cells. Is there a way to count the entries without counting the blanks or a way to easily reformat or change the blank cells so the formula will not count the blanks. I do not want to have to manually delete every blank cell in a table 26 columns by 2000 rows. Thank you, Steve CountA does what you want. It seems that you must have s...

How to matching substring from a Cell
Dear Sir/Madam, I am now having a column likes below Column A My Name is David Chan Marry David Williams He is David and is a boy I want to find out Column A cells with contact the word "David', then display "T" on Coloum B if found or "F" is not found. The result should be as following: Column A Column B My Name is David Chan T Marry F David Williams T He is David and is a boy T How can I do it ? I have tried if( ), but it only match the c...

Item reorder number
The "item reorder number" is not a field included in the build of a new item. Therefore, there is no item reorder number on a PO for the item. It is especially painful when one deals with matrix items. Is it possible to include the field "item reorder number" in the new item wizard on the next upgrade? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open th...

moving cells
I have a roster with 30 names on a fixed schedule for 15 weeks i want to move the names through the schedule. Thanks Hi Paul, I would try an Excel web search on your Google toolbar or at http://www.google.com/advanced_search?hl=en for excel rotation OR rota schedule OR timesheets and a Google Groups search on a dropdown on your Google toolbar or at http://groups.google.com/grphp?hl=en&tab=wg&q= rotation OR rota schedule OR timesheets group:*excel* to get you started then ask specific questions if that does not provide enough information. --- HTH, D...

Attaching Comment to cell contents rather than cell
I have a spreadsheet that is regularly upadated overwriting columns, however I need to enter comments on the sheet referenced on the content. The next time I update the sheet the referenced cell will move down a row, but I need the comment to stay with the content rather than the cell. Any suggestions? Many thanks If the values that you're commenting are unique, you may want to toss the comments and create a table in another worksheet. Value Comment Then use an =vlookup() formula to return the "comment" to the adjacent cell. El Damo wrote: > > I have a spreadsh...

display on first occurrence of a change in the value
How can I have a report display a text message upon the first occurence of a change in the value of a field in the underlying table? In other words, the field in this table has the same value for many records in a row, but all of a sudden that can change and I want to alert the report reader once that subsequent records are now reflecting these changed values. What I think I need is some kind of switch that changes from say 0 to 1 when that first change happens. Thanks. Alan adgon, Use the Hide Duplicates propety set to Yes. Only the first instance of each value will display. --...

changing settings: comma into point
hi there! currently, my excel is set to have a comma as a delimiter. a is want to copy-paste point-delimited data into excel, i have t change the excel-settings i guess? does anybody know where i can fin this option? denni ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Dennis, > hi there! currently, my excel is set to have a comma as a delimiter. as > is want to copy-paste point-delimited data into excel, i have to > change the excel-settings i guess? doe...

How can I set numerous activities to the same dates?
Is there anyway to tie several activities together so that they happen on the same date?? -- TMI Contractors ------------------------------------------------------------------------ TMI Contractors's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/216904.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/microsoft-project/1334224.htm http://forums.techarena.in Hi, You should link them all to the Task that triggers them all to start. -- Rod Gill Microsoft MVP for Project - http://www.project-systems.co.nz Author of the only book on Project VBA, see: http://www.pr...

Pause and Input to cell
Help, Back in a Lotus 1-2-3 macro we could use the command {?} to pause for input, then the macro would place the input data in a cell, let's say d9. How do you do this in Excel. Val, InputBox. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Val Steed" <vals@msn.com> wrote in message news:uEGWBOXTEHA.1168@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Help, > > Back in a Lotus 1-2-3 macro we could use the command {?} to pause for input, > then the macro would place the input data in a cell, let's say d9. > >...