Cell showing date and time - precision error

I have a cell set up as format

dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss

and the contents are 01/01/1995 00:00:00

In the cell below I put 01/01/1995 01:00:00

then fill the cells for a few hundred. After about 200 cells the value shows
as

09/01/1995 10:00:01 - in other words the increment being added for each cell
is slightly greater than the desired one hour. I assume this is a lack of
precision in the cell value. Is there a way of changing this?

I am using Excel 2007.

Grateful for advice.

Enter the first date/time in A1 and in A2 enter:

=A2+TIME(1,0,0) and copy down
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200908
Sorry:

"simonc" wrote:

> I have a cell set up as format
>
> dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss
>
> and the contents are 01/01/1995 00:00:00
>
> In the cell below I put 01/01/1995 01:00:00
>
> then fill the cells for a few hundred. After about 200 cells the value shows
> as
>
> 09/01/1995 10:00:01 - in other words the increment being added for each cell
> is slightly greater than the desired one hour. I assume this is a lack of
> precision in the cell value. Is there a way of changing this?
>
> I am using Excel 2007.
>
> Grateful for advice.

Business Portal 3.0 install error
Hi, I am getting the following error " Failed loading Packager Data Element (PD_REQUISITION) for Install Feature (Requisition)" MbfPackager Failed Loading Packager Data. Any help is appreciated. Thanks ...

coloured cells #2
Hi, I have a user that created a spreadsheet that is highlighted by colours in different cells. On his home computer he can see the colours but at work the spreadsheet becomes pure black and white. If he prints the spreadsheet at work, it is in colour. He used to see the colours on the screen at work also. He is using Excel 2002. Any ideas? Joyce Look if he has set this Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Accessibility Options. Click the Display tab, and then click to clear the Use High Contrast check box. Click OK to close the Accessibility Options dialog box. -- ...

sorting error on non-merged cells
Excel 2002, WinXp Home My spreadsheet has columns for Number, Date, Text, etc. When I select a column to sort, Excel expands the selection to include all cells (as it should). When I try to sort I get the error message about merged cells having to be the same size. I looked at KB291063 but that doesn't help. The cels are NOT merged so why do they have to be the same size? What size is the error refering to (# of characters, absolute value, ?)? How do I un-merge non-merged cells so I can sort? Firstly I would never rely on Excel to expand a selection to include the data I wa...

tasks to cell phone
How can I use exchange to send tasks to cell phone. I want to do when f.e. this phone is away from the office. This is PDA phone. On 14 Dec 2005 11:38:11 -0800, "Filip - beginner" <fwitkowski@gmail.com> wrote: >How can I use exchange to send tasks to cell phone. I want to do when >f.e. >this phone is away from the office. This is PDA phone. If you're using a Smartphone you can sync tasks already with ActiveSync. "Mark Arnold [MVP]" <mark@mvps.org> wrote: >On 14 Dec 2005 11:38:11 -0800, "Filip - beginner" ><fwitkowski@gmail...

Adding weekdays in a date formula
How would you add weekdays to a formula? ex. A1 = 1/1/10 If I want to add 80 WORKDAYS (excluding weekends), what formular would I use? =(A1+80) does't work... You were close to the name... =WORKDAY(A1,80) Note that you can add a third arguement to this function to define holidays, if desired. -- Best Regards, Luke M "Handy" <Handy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F73D7071-1877-4CAE-A17D-05EE0FDD02AC@microsoft.com... > How would you add weekdays to a formula? ex. > > A1 = 1/1/10 > > If I want to add 80 WORKDAYS...

Adding input to date
Hopefully the last time I will have to bug everyone! Within the BMP database I am working on, I am trying to find a way to calculate the next inspection date for each BMP, given the previous inspection date [tblBMP.InspDate] and the inspection period [tblBMP.InspPeriod] which is in years (e.g. a given BMP is inspected every 3 years). I've seen examples of simply adding a static value to the date, but how would I go about about using an input number and adding it to the year of the previous inspection date? Thanks again everyone! If all are in years then use the DateAdd function. Da...

copied info for chart does not show date correctly
I have Excel 2003 I have a chart that I copy over from month to month. It shows the date that data was turned in from several different units each month. the problem is that although I enter the correct date into the excel sheet, the date from the last month shows up on some of the units. but not on all! that is what seems so odd. I checked to see the correct dates were entered and checked the source/series to see it was referring to the column with the dates I entered. but on 4 of the units (there are 11 units in total) the date is from the month before.... Any ideas? Thanks, Meenie ...

Formatting text in a cell
Is there a way to key text in one cell that is multiple lines? We would like to be able to insert new lines where we want them. Thanks for the help!! -- akkrug Use the Formula Bar: 1. click in the formula bar 2. in the formula bar, move the cursor to the desired point of insertion 3. touch ALT-ENTER 4. enter the new line. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200855 "akkrug" wrote: > Is there a way to key text in one cell that is multiple lines? We would like > to be able to insert new lines where we want them. > > > Thanks for the help!! > -- > ak...

Finding combinations of cells that sum to near a value
Starting with a column of ~30 numbers, I'm looking for a way to have Excel find all combinations that sum to a target value +/- a specified range width. (For example, I may be looking for all combinations that sum to 1000 +/- 10.) I've found some code from Tushar Mehta that finds a list of all possible matches that sum to a number, but it doesn't allow me to put in a range to find sums to within a delta of this value. I tried modifying the code to add this in, but I couldn't get it to work right. Here is the code: http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/templates/match_values/index....

separating multiples digit in a cell into individual cell
I have a series of number sets. When I copied from the MS Word and pasted them into Excel, all of the numbers in the set are pasted into one cell. I need those numbers to be in an individual cell. How do I do it? I think MS Excel 2003 was able to do it. I currently have Excel 2007. Please help. Thank you very much. EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice A Wrapper for the Dispatcher class of Threading Namespace to manage thread items http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/bce7889e-d2cf-42b8-a6af-2f01a383cff6/a-wrapper-for-the-dispatc.aspx Hi, You may use Data >...

How do i show the drop down arrow for a list in Excel
I have created an almost working data/validation/list in Excel 2003. I can see the note when I click on the cell, but it does not show me the arrow for the dropdown list. I have the "In-cell dropdown" box checked. Furthermore, it will not give me an error if something is typed incorrectly. Lastly, I can right click on the cell and it gives me the option to "Pick from drop down list" and this DOES work. I have created many dropdown lists before, but this one is giving me problems. Hopefully it is something obvious that I have missed. There are ...

Too many different cell formats #6

cell in cell formulation possible???
Let's say I have a string of text in a cell, something like: "We may charge you $XXX fee if item is not returned in good condition." Is it possible to make that XXX a formula/calculation (based upon information entered in another cell)? ="We may charge you $" & format(A1,"#,##0.00") & " fee if item is not returned in good condition." HTH, Gary Brown "Abi" wrote: > Let's say I have a string of text in a cell, something like: > > "We may charge you $XXX fee if item is not returned in good condition." &g...

Do Not Want to count blank Cells
I copy pasted an Access dynaset (e.g., results of a crosstab query) into an Excel spreadsheet. I tried to use the function =counta(a4:z4) to count the number of entries (nonblank) in row 4. But the result is giving me 26 because it is counting blank cells. Is there a way to count the entries without counting the blanks or a way to easily reformat or change the blank cells so the formula will not count the blanks. I do not want to have to manually delete every blank cell in a table 26 columns by 2000 rows. Thank you, Steve CountA does what you want. It seems that you must have s...

How to matching substring from a Cell
Dear Sir/Madam, I am now having a column likes below Column A My Name is David Chan Marry David Williams He is David and is a boy I want to find out Column A cells with contact the word "David', then display "T" on Coloum B if found or "F" is not found. The result should be as following: Column A Column B My Name is David Chan T Marry F David Williams T He is David and is a boy T How can I do it ? I have tried if( ), but it only match the c...

How to show net worth
How can I set up my Money 2003 Home Page to show my net worth w/o listing all the assets and liabilities? In microsoft.public.money, WBMartin wrote: >How can I set up my Money 2003 Home Page to show my net >worth w/o listing all the assets and liabilities? Not exactly what you are asking for, but you might consider Tools->Options->General->StartMoneyWithThisPageOpen:AccountList ...

moving cells
I have a roster with 30 names on a fixed schedule for 15 weeks i want to move the names through the schedule. Thanks Hi Paul, I would try an Excel web search on your Google toolbar or at http://www.google.com/advanced_search?hl=en for excel rotation OR rota schedule OR timesheets and a Google Groups search on a dropdown on your Google toolbar or at http://groups.google.com/grphp?hl=en&tab=wg&q= rotation OR rota schedule OR timesheets group:*excel* to get you started then ask specific questions if that does not provide enough information. --- HTH, D...

how to subtract weekends and off business hour from an existing time
hi all i have a query which i hope u folks can shed some light question how do i subtract weekend and off business hour time from consolidated time , is there any formula that i can remove the weeken and off business hour directly from the consolidated time, reason why m asking for help is that these are old data and the administrator ha left the company without providing a trace of the raw data and the onl thing left is the sheet of numeric like below. e.g the time is 587:14:35( average time for the entire week of wor included weekend and non business hour) what to exclude sat and sun ...

Attaching Comment to cell contents rather than cell
I have a spreadsheet that is regularly upadated overwriting columns, however I need to enter comments on the sheet referenced on the content. The next time I update the sheet the referenced cell will move down a row, but I need the comment to stay with the content rather than the cell. Any suggestions? Many thanks If the values that you're commenting are unique, you may want to toss the comments and create a table in another worksheet. Value Comment Then use an =vlookup() formula to return the "comment" to the adjacent cell. El Damo wrote: > > I have a spreadsh...

Pause and Input to cell
Help, Back in a Lotus 1-2-3 macro we could use the command {?} to pause for input, then the macro would place the input data in a cell, let's say d9. How do you do this in Excel. Val, InputBox. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Val Steed" <vals@msn.com> wrote in message news:uEGWBOXTEHA.1168@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Help, > > Back in a Lotus 1-2-3 macro we could use the command {?} to pause for input, > then the macro would place the input data in a cell, let's say d9. > >...

How can I set numerous activities to the same dates?
Is there anyway to tie several activities together so that they happen on the same date?? -- TMI Contractors ------------------------------------------------------------------------ TMI Contractors's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/216904.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/microsoft-project/1334224.htm http://forums.techarena.in Hi, You should link them all to the Task that triggers them all to start. -- Rod Gill Microsoft MVP for Project - http://www.project-systems.co.nz Author of the only book on Project VBA, see: http://www.pr...

Can a cell be turned on or off?
A1=B1*C1+D1 A2=B2*C2+D2 A3=B3*C3+D3 A4=B4*B4+B4 I would like to be able the have the total in any one of the A cells to add up only if the cell is click on. In other words, can a cell be turned off or on as needed? -- Joe Right click sheet tab>view code>insert this Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick _ (ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean) If Target.Column <> 1 Then Exit Sub 'B1*C1+D1 tr = Target.Row Target.Value = Cells(tr, 2) * _ (Cells(tr, 3) + Cells(tr, 4)) End Sub -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@g...

How do identify a blank cell in a formula
Example: IF(s69=blank,"Void".... What I want to say is if a cell, (s69in this example) is blank, enter the word "Void" but the above way don't work - I don't know how to enter that in this IF formula. Barb, here is one way =IF(ISBLANK(S69),"Void","") -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Barb123" <Barb123@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:47...

Turning numbers into Dates
I would like to know how to turn a number such as "51319" into a date such as "5/13/19". As of now, when I try to format the cell to a date format, it completely changes the date from "52309" to a random date such as "7/11/35". I have no idea why. Any ideas? Hi, Custom format and enter 0"/"00"/"00 "Kbass" wrote: > I would like to know how to turn a number such as "51319" into a date such as > "5/13/19". As of now, when I try to format the cell to a date format, it > comp...

How do I use Conditinal Format for another cell?
Assuming Cell A1 is the value "Red" or "Green" or "Yellow" How could I have a formula on Cell "C1" containing Conditional formatin the same as below if A1 is "Red" then Bacground of A1 turns to red if A1 is "Blue" then Bacground of A1 turns to Blue if A1 is "Yellow" then Bacground of A1 turns to Yellow I assume that your statement if A1 is "Red" then Bacground of A1 turns to red should be if A1 is "Red" then Bacground of C1 turns to red ??? Assuming that to be true Select C...