Cell Formula reference to cell Based On third Cell Content #2

I want to build a formula in one cell that calls a second based on the
numeric value in a third.

Specifically, Say the frst cell is F10. I want it to look up the number in
F1, and then
if F1=1, F10=E9*something
if F1=2, F10=D9*something
if F1=3, F10=C9* something
etc.

0
Gabriel (26)

Hi!

I notice that you use "etc" which means there are more.
Exactly how many more? That number will determine the best
way to approach this.

Biff

0
biffinpitt (3172)

I Need an answer for this Formula
I am using excell 2007 & this formula works {=IFERROR(AVERAGE(IF(MOD(COLUMN(G5:HC5)-COLUMN(G5),4)=0,IF(G5:HC5>0,G5:HC5))),0)} When i upload this workbook to a 2003 version this formula does not work I get {=_xinfl.IFERROR(AVERAGE(IF(MOD(COLUMN(G5:HC5)-COLUMN(G5),4)=0,IF(G5:HC5>0,G5:HC5))),0)} or somthing close to this Then in the cell with this formula has a NAME error WHY & HOW could i fix The IFERROR function can only be used in Excel 2007. Try this array formula** : =LOOKUP(1E100,CHOOSE({1,2},0,AVERAGE(IF(MOD(COLUMN(G5:HC5)-COLUMN(G5),4)=0,IF(G5:HC5>0,G5:HC5)))...

coloured cells #2
Hi, I have a user that created a spreadsheet that is highlighted by colours in different cells. On his home computer he can see the colours but at work the spreadsheet becomes pure black and white. If he prints the spreadsheet at work, it is in colour. He used to see the colours on the screen at work also. He is using Excel 2002. Any ideas? Joyce Look if he has set this Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Accessibility Options. Click the Display tab, and then click to clear the Use High Contrast check box. Click OK to close the Accessibility Options dialog box. -- ...

sorting error on non-merged cells
Excel 2002, WinXp Home My spreadsheet has columns for Number, Date, Text, etc. When I select a column to sort, Excel expands the selection to include all cells (as it should). When I try to sort I get the error message about merged cells having to be the same size. I looked at KB291063 but that doesn't help. The cels are NOT merged so why do they have to be the same size? What size is the error refering to (# of characters, absolute value, ?)? How do I un-merge non-merged cells so I can sort? Firstly I would never rely on Excel to expand a selection to include the data I wa...

tasks to cell phone
How can I use exchange to send tasks to cell phone. I want to do when f.e. this phone is away from the office. This is PDA phone. On 14 Dec 2005 11:38:11 -0800, "Filip - beginner" <fwitkowski@gmail.com> wrote: >How can I use exchange to send tasks to cell phone. I want to do when >f.e. >this phone is away from the office. This is PDA phone. If you're using a Smartphone you can sync tasks already with ActiveSync. "Mark Arnold [MVP]" <mark@mvps.org> wrote: >On 14 Dec 2005 11:38:11 -0800, "Filip - beginner" ><fwitkowski@gmail...

Adding weekdays in a date formula
How would you add weekdays to a formula? ex. A1 = 1/1/10 If I want to add 80 WORKDAYS (excluding weekends), what formular would I use? =(A1+80) does't work... You were close to the name... =WORKDAY(A1,80) Note that you can add a third arguement to this function to define holidays, if desired. -- Best Regards, Luke M "Handy" <Handy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F73D7071-1877-4CAE-A17D-05EE0FDD02AC@microsoft.com... > How would you add weekdays to a formula? ex. > > A1 = 1/1/10 > > If I want to add 80 WORKDAYS...

Viewing contents of package on main layout
In a UML diagram, Is there no way of showing the classes inside a package on the main layout? (I.E. make the package icon bigger and show its contents). I know you can go into the package by changing pages, but i want its contents to show on the main layout. There has to be a way of doing this? ...

Formatting text in a cell
Is there a way to key text in one cell that is multiple lines? We would like to be able to insert new lines where we want them. Thanks for the help!! -- akkrug Use the Formula Bar: 1. click in the formula bar 2. in the formula bar, move the cursor to the desired point of insertion 3. touch ALT-ENTER 4. enter the new line. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200855 "akkrug" wrote: > Is there a way to key text in one cell that is multiple lines? We would like > to be able to insert new lines where we want them. > > > Thanks for the help!! > -- > ak...

Backup #2
I want to make a backup of the exchange server 2003 files with the standard backup utility. Everything seems to be oke. But when we restore the backup there is no difference. The old files stil are the same. Help!!! Are you doing a backup and restore of the databases or binaries? If you restore an online backup (databases) to a running server it will end up the way it was before the restore. So if your trying to recover mail you will need to remove the log files since these include the delete transactions and then do the restore. The option "no loss" means it will play all lo...

Merging excel data into word #2
Ok, I have a feeling this process is quite simple, but I haven't bee able to figure it out on my own, nor find anything in FAQ's. I have created an excel spreadsheet containing the following: students' last name, first name, ID number, advisor and counselo (obvioulsy Im in education) I would now like to create a phone call log for each student, but woul like to import each students' info into this word document. So as print the 100 or so pages, page one would have the first students info page two would contain the second students info, and so on. Any help is greatly appre...

Embedding <CR>'s in formulas eases eye strain.
Hey y'all, if didn't know this, I just discovered: You can embed internal carriage returns (i.e. Enter's) in a formula. Insert a <CR> into a cell with Alt-Enter, while in edit mode. I have many calls to home-grown functions (UDFs) which I pass up to dozens of parameters each. Worse, my params can be embedded functions, with params, themselves. So now my formulas look like: =MyFunc(Subfunc1(Subparam1.1,...), Subfunc2(Subparam2.1,...), Subfunc3...etc.) instead of the following mess. (Text wrap may be altered a bit by Google by the time you read this): =My...

Finding combinations of cells that sum to near a value
Starting with a column of ~30 numbers, I'm looking for a way to have Excel find all combinations that sum to a target value +/- a specified range width. (For example, I may be looking for all combinations that sum to 1000 +/- 10.) I've found some code from Tushar Mehta that finds a list of all possible matches that sum to a number, but it doesn't allow me to put in a range to find sums to within a delta of this value. I tried modifying the code to add this in, but I couldn't get it to work right. Here is the code: http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/templates/match_values/index....

CSocket Question #2
I have an MFC server app. When I accept a connection and obtain a CSocket, is there anyway to find out which IP the client used to connect to my server. For example if a client from the machine connects to the server using 127.0.0.1 or if someone on the subnet connects using 192.168.1.1 and so on. I am hoping that it is stored in the CSocket somewhere, if it is not this might not be the correct group for the question. Thanks Jon I use low level calls API instead of CAsyncSocket/CSocket but from what I remember Accept() method is similar to accept() API. The Accept() method takes a p...

separating multiples digit in a cell into individual cell
I have a series of number sets. When I copied from the MS Word and pasted them into Excel, all of the numbers in the set are pasted into one cell. I need those numbers to be in an individual cell. How do I do it? I think MS Excel 2003 was able to do it. I currently have Excel 2007. Please help. Thank you very much. EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice A Wrapper for the Dispatcher class of Threading Namespace to manage thread items http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/bce7889e-d2cf-42b8-a6af-2f01a383cff6/a-wrapper-for-the-dispatc.aspx Hi, You may use Data >...

Too many different cell formats #6

cell in cell formulation possible???
Let's say I have a string of text in a cell, something like: "We may charge you $XXX fee if item is not returned in good condition." Is it possible to make that XXX a formula/calculation (based upon information entered in another cell)? ="We may charge you $" & format(A1,"#,##0.00") & " fee if item is not returned in good condition." HTH, Gary Brown "Abi" wrote: > Let's say I have a string of text in a cell, something like: > > "We may charge you $XXX fee if item is not returned in good condition." &g...

Do Not Want to count blank Cells
I copy pasted an Access dynaset (e.g., results of a crosstab query) into an Excel spreadsheet. I tried to use the function =counta(a4:z4) to count the number of entries (nonblank) in row 4. But the result is giving me 26 because it is counting blank cells. Is there a way to count the entries without counting the blanks or a way to easily reformat or change the blank cells so the formula will not count the blanks. I do not want to have to manually delete every blank cell in a table 26 columns by 2000 rows. Thank you, Steve CountA does what you want. It seems that you must have s...

How to matching substring from a Cell
Dear Sir/Madam, I am now having a column likes below Column A My Name is David Chan Marry David Williams He is David and is a boy I want to find out Column A cells with contact the word "David', then display "T" on Coloum B if found or "F" is not found. The result should be as following: Column A Column B My Name is David Chan T Marry F David Williams T He is David and is a boy T How can I do it ? I have tried if( ), but it only match the c...

moving cells
I have a roster with 30 names on a fixed schedule for 15 weeks i want to move the names through the schedule. Thanks Hi Paul, I would try an Excel web search on your Google toolbar or at http://www.google.com/advanced_search?hl=en for excel rotation OR rota schedule OR timesheets and a Google Groups search on a dropdown on your Google toolbar or at http://groups.google.com/grphp?hl=en&tab=wg&q= rotation OR rota schedule OR timesheets group:*excel* to get you started then ask specific questions if that does not provide enough information. --- HTH, D...

excel data base
hi there. i need some help please guys. i have exported some names & telephone numbers from a software packag (sms centre) & im trying 2import them in2 a package called e-txt. thes packages reads csv files. ive encountered a problem my exported files r saved in excel lik this... name country code area code phone number joe bloggs 44 07977 797898 but the e-txt database fields r as follows 1st name surname phone number joe bloggs 447977797898 how do i con...

POP3 problem with Exchange 2000 #2
Hi folks I am really hoping someone can help me out here I am running a windows 2000 server with exchange 2000. The server is partitioned as follows; C:\ 5.13GB, D:\ Exchange 49.2, E:\ 49.7, 32.2GB unallocated. I had the AV originally on C:\ but moved it to E:\ this morning. There is also a plug-in for exchange installed as part of the AV suite. Users can send ok, the problem is in receiving email. I looked at ESM and in POP3 current connections it shows a list of users trying to send email If I reboot the server, everything is fine for a while and then the problem recurs. There doesnt s...

Formula in Marksheet #2
Hi all... I need help on a 'formula' for my students' marksheet. For them to pass the whole exam, a student MUST PASS 7 SUBJECTS from 3 groups. The grouping is like these : A) Must pass ALL 4 subjects in Group A - marks are in cells D7, F7, H7, J7 B) Must pass AT LEAST 2 OUT OF 3 subjects in Group B - marks are in cells L7, N7, P7 C) Must pass AT LEAST 1 OUT OF 2 subjects in Group C - marks are in cells R7, T7 Thank you so much something like? if count(d7,f7,h7,j7)<4,"bad","good") -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.co...

Attaching Comment to cell contents rather than cell
I have a spreadsheet that is regularly upadated overwriting columns, however I need to enter comments on the sheet referenced on the content. The next time I update the sheet the referenced cell will move down a row, but I need the comment to stay with the content rather than the cell. Any suggestions? Many thanks If the values that you're commenting are unique, you may want to toss the comments and create a table in another worksheet. Value Comment Then use an =vlookup() formula to return the "comment" to the adjacent cell. El Damo wrote: > > I have a spreadsh...

Pause and Input to cell
Help, Back in a Lotus 1-2-3 macro we could use the command {?} to pause for input, then the macro would place the input data in a cell, let's say d9. How do you do this in Excel. Val, InputBox. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Val Steed" <vals@msn.com> wrote in message news:uEGWBOXTEHA.1168@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Help, > > Back in a Lotus 1-2-3 macro we could use the command {?} to pause for input, > then the macro would place the input data in a cell, let's say d9. > >...

An issue regarding the formula #2
Hi, It's OK to copy the formula from one cell to another one within the same sheet. How about that to copy the formula from one Excel file to another one? It seems only the value of that cell will be copied to that file but not the formula inside it. I even have tried to copy the corr. formula within that again but just the copied formula will not work successfully in there. -- HuaMin ...

Vendor Payment Problem 2
One more problem, I am using "Pay Vendors" and paying to everybody, then returning back and can see some Vendors with 0 balance. When I click on in to check, there is not invoices or so. Can you suggest something. Thank you. what does the check edit list say? Mike "Vitali V" <vitvov@dynamo-ny.com> wrote in message news:eLcTmkk$IHA.3964@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > One more problem, I am using "Pay Vendors" and paying to everybody, then > returning back and can see some Vendors with 0 balance. When I click on in > to check, there is not invo...