Causes of DDE Links switching from Automatic to Manual

Hello there,

- Using Excel 97, 2000 or XP, NT or XP
- Having a very active Workbook with hundreds of DDE Links.
- Setting all DDE Links to Automatic (menu Edit -->
Links). When requesting updates for the DDE Links, some of
the links change to status of Manual.
- Can you advise of what the possible causes for a DDE
Link to change status from Automatic to Manual, and what
are the possible solutions.
0
ssudry (1)

linking tables error
when trying to link to access projects together, i get this error #3011... anyone know what it means, or where i can go to find out more? (i did a google search, but got back mostly Microsoft jiberish UGH!) ...

How do I link to an Item within a Public Folder in MS Outlook 2000SR-1?
Title says it all. -- Regards. Chris. Remove MAPSON to reply to me directly. This post represents the views of the author and does not necessarily accurately represent the views of BT. ...

Office 2008 causes A keychain cannot be found to store "Safari."
Since installing Office 2008 and updating to the latest version I get the following error in Safari (not Office): A keychain cannot be found to store "Safari" I have tried first aid on the keychain but that didn't help. Anyone know what is going on? Thanks, Howard. I just installed Office 2008 myself and am now getting the same Safari Keychain error message. Being a new Mac user, I don't know enough about Keychains to have a clue. Gene ...

Help Please switched from 2003 to 2006 and lost a usefull feature
I have switched to 2006 from 2003 Everything works well. but there is one thing I don't like is when you are in the bill summary and you highlight a bill that you want to pay the register below does not reflect what you balance would be after paying that bill. In the past I could highlight a number of bills together and it would show the balance on the bottom right. this feature is now gone or am I missing something? As it is now I have to go back to the main banking account to get the new balance after entering a bill. TIA Caesar No, that's the way it works in 05 and 06. ...

Due date and time on activity does not cause a reminder
When I set a due date and time on an activity, ie. phonecall, there is no reminder for this. Is it possible to change this so that I get a reminder. Mattias Kyhlan: The CRM SFO Client is the only component that allows Activity reminders, since it lies overtop of Outlook Activity forms. Activities native to CRM (Phone Calls, Letters and Faxes) do not have reminder features in v1.2. I have not heard that reminders for CRM web Client activities will be include in the v2.0 release, but one can hope. There are some ISVs out there that that have "Reminder" features, but I can'...

Ungrouping EMF file causes shapes to be distorted.
Hi, exported a shapefile from Arcmap as a .emf and then imported it into Excel. when I try to ungroup it, all the shapes don't fit together anymore, they all shift a little bit. does anybody know why it's doing this? Thanks, Michael Shaffer ...

Auto respond and activate link
Hi I am looking for a plugin that will allow me to do this, maybe is has to be coded? 1. Checks subject of email for "account activation", if true go to step 2 2. Checks for correct domain in sender email address - if equals correct domain, click second link in email and send to group email list with "activated" in subject line - if domain does not equal. add words "declined" in reply to group email address Here is a sample email that would come in From: Order [mailto:X@X.com] Sent: Wednesday, January 27, 2010 9:16 AM To: EMAIL GROUP Su...

Skype causes bluescreen minidump
After installing an 02 air card stick, whenever I use Skype & try to re-start the 02 Mobile Partner, I get a bluescreen minidump error. If I un-install Skype I can re-start the 02 but sometimes still get the bluescreen for several tries. I've also had problems "windows cannot connect" with some wifi connections even though I had the correct password. Thanks for your help! -- Magicrose ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Magicrose's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/260810.htm View this thread: http://forums...

Meeting requests cause bounced email
Is there some exchange setting which allows all meeting requests to be carbon-copied to a specific user? Everyone at work keeps getting bounce backs from an ex-employee everytime they create a meeting request. I checked that users mailbox settings and he's not in any groups and no seems to be forwarding his or her mail to him. This is really weird and my searches haven't brought anything up. Any ideas? Delegates? Alternate Recipient? brada@tetradata.com wrote: > Is there some exchange setting which allows all meeting requests to be > carbon-copied to a specific user? Eve...

Inventory Assembly Entry-Automatically picks lot number
When ever you enter an assembly entry document, dynamics automaticallly picks lot numbers of inventory available. Is there anyway to stop Dynamics from automatically pick lot numbers? The problem comes when we release a document with a large quantity, and it picks lot numbers one at a time. This can take a long time and we end up removing most of the lot numbers anyway. thanks -- Doug ...

hyper links in emails
I can't get a hyper link to open when part of an email, must paste to browser. is there a fix for this? What happens when you try? Do you get an error message? Resetting your browser back to default might already solve it for you. For further details and other ways to fix this see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/242 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Boerne Bob&...

unknown cause of PC "Ignore Shutdown"
My Win XP (3) was humming along one minute and on the next it froze. All efforts to regain its use, failed. I restored and looked for cause. The result of "sc query" at the command promt brought two pages of: Display Name Norton Unerase Protechtion Type: 110 Win 32 Own Process 4 running C Stoppable, Not Pausable Ignore Shutdown Some of the other Displays: NSvc Log , PLFlash Device Control Service, Plug Play, Pmls Driver, Police Agent, Protective Service, Protective Storage, etc. Prior to this problem I installed no new programs, received no up-dates (knowingly), made n...

how do I update automatically other worksheets in a file
Each week I enter sales 4 products in sheet1.With a column per week and row per product. Below this I have a cumulative total 2date for each product. Sheets 2-6 have results 4 each of the previous 5 years and also a similar table showing the cumulative total 2date.Sheets 7 -11 compare performance between successive years.Sheet,12, shows results 2date for each product & each of the 6 years. At present I enter current figures in sheet 1,then go to sheets2-6 and alter the sum formula for each row to cover the same number of weeks as on sheet 1. Simlarly I have to go to the comparisions...

How do I send help link....?
Hi! How can I send a link that takes the person to the help file on their machine...of course I'm assuming that we all have the same Office suite installed and that the location of my help files are the same as the other persons. Am I clear? TIA Raymond ...

Switch names
I have a name list that is first name then last name in same cell. Is there a way to make it last name then first name? Same cell would be great. Thanks See Chip Pearson's site. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/FirstLast.htm Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 10:53:02 -0800, kathy at the front desk <kathy at the front desk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a name list that is first name then last name in same cell. Is there a >way to make it last name then first name? Same cell would be great. Thanks One way using a formula in a helper c...

Linked cells #7
I have a number of cells within an Excel file that are linked to cell in other Excel files. Is there a way to identify which cells in a fil are linked to other files -- JJ ----------------------------------------------------------------------- JJC's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2002 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=34611 Here's the brute force method: If you go to Edit/Links you will see the list of external files. You can do a find for these filenames in your worksheets. If you do a find all, then h...

::DestroyWindow() causes a 'bong' sound?
Hiya In my app's overridden CMainFrame::OnClose() function, I call the base class's CMDIFrameWnd::OnClose(). For some reason or another, I get a system alert sound ('bong') when it runs. I traced the code as far as a call to ::DestroyWindow(), but can go no further. Why does it make the sound? I'm guessing that it's complaining about something, but I've no idea what. There are no clues in the 'Output' pane, and the documentation doesn't give any clues. Regards, --Jon http://www.witchspace.com CMainFrame is usually derived from CFrameWnd so...

What causes #######
What causes ####### to display into infinity. I know normally when this happens it means the column width is not correct, but what I am getting is one that auto colmn resizing has no effect on. The cell causing the problem is E5 it is formatted Custom h:mm with the formula =D4-C5 D5 and C5 is formatted General and when a value is entered such as 845 it changes to 8:45:00 AM with a fomat of Custom h:mm:ss AM/PM I do not want the formatting of D5 or C5 to be altered as it is very convient to enter 845 to display the time for example. Anyone got some idea what is happening h...

Automatic receive cannot be stopped
Hello all, I am using Outlook 2000 on XP Pro SP2. I cannot suspend the automatic mail reception in Outlook 2000. The application automatically reads and transfers the e-mail on the ISP servers and saves them to my Inbox, which I prefer to do only after I have deleted all the spam among them by connecting to the website of the ISP. I have unchecked the "Check for new mail on.." boxes in Options, but then Outlook promts to select some of them in order to have a Delivery account. Recently it wasn't that way. So I want to configure Outlook such as the e-mails are transferred on...

What is causing this?
My husband has Windows XP Home with Outlook Express. For some time now, Outlook Express has been automatically adding email addresses to his address book from everyone including spammers. I have checked the settings and they are no different than on my computer and mine works as it should. I have scanned for visurs, spyware, and malware but haven't found anything. What is causing this and how do I correct it? Tools | Options | Send. Uncheck: "Automatically put people I reply to..............". -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Be...

Unable to automatically update Citibank bank account info
Suddenly Money (4-5 days) will not automatically update my Citibank bank accounts. My Schwab brokerage accounts are fine. The error says I need to sign onto the Citibank account on their website first and then come back to Money and update the accounts. I have done this but it does not fix the problem. I tired deleting the online services for these accounts and reset them up but I cannot and continue to get the same error. Is this my problem or is it more widespread. I know MS and the vendor which provides the bank connectivity have had problems in the past which they have resolve...

can you cause a worksheet to number rows when data is input ?
We are creating a form for vendors to fill that would contain many rows of data. Most likely they will be copying and pasting their data into it or dumping it from a database somehow into the form, i'm not really sure, but I would like each row to get numbered as data is entered. They could enter 1 row or 10,000 rows (it is unknown). Is there an easy way to do this? You could use a formula in (say) column A. In A2: =if(counta(b2:iv2)=0,"",a1+1) This will extend your print range. I'd apply Data|Filter|autofilter to show only those nonblank cells (in column A). Print,...

How to link data and it's formats bewteen worksheets
I am using Office v.X for mac. I have a workbook that that has master worksheet with A1:AK4 column headings and A5:AK265 has data with different formats (date,text,number etc.) I want to create new worksheet as a diiferent catagories with linking data from the master worksheet. So when i edit the master worksheet it edits the other worksheet simultaneous. For example rows 5,15,70,100 belongs to catagory1 being worksheet2 and rows 10,50,200 being another catagory as another worksheet and so on. Different rows will make up 6 catagories in turns 6 worksheets. I have tried using paste link but i l...

What caused this?
I have a worksheet that has several columns of numbers, when I opened it today all of the numbers were changed to dates. I had to reformat them back to numbers. Does anyone know what caused this ...

Unable to Click on Links - Puplisher Email
Hi, When I create a document in Publisher and send it via Publisher's email function, most people can click on the links in the document. However, I have a friend who uses Outlook Web Access (OWA) to get her email and although she can see my document, none of the links in the document work for her. Would appreciate if you have any ideas for me on to resolve this issue. Thanks, Michael J. Titera ...